Why is Lowe's in Mayfield closing its...

Why is Lowe's in Mayfield closing its doors?

Posted in the Mayfield Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Bill Brasky

Mayfield, KY

#1 Apr 21, 2010
I thought they did good business but as of May 29th, 2010 they will shut their doors. It's on News Channel 6:
http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/healthy/...
RonJohn

Murray, KY

#2 Apr 21, 2010
How does that story have anything to do with Lowe's?

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#3 Apr 21, 2010
Bad link
stiffler

Mayfield, KY

#4 Apr 21, 2010
They arent closing!!
Carl

Mayfield, KY

#5 Apr 21, 2010
It's true guys, Mayfield has been selcted to close operations. I do not understand the post earlier from WPSD but whoever started this has heard a "word of truth." This will officially become public around the end of April/ first of May. Sorry this has to be the way of news these days.
no way

Mayfield, KY

#6 Apr 21, 2010
i have heard this was happening but never believed it until now. wow.
Tired of Rumors

Mayfield, KY

#7 Apr 21, 2010
I work at Lowes, and I really don't know where you people come up with your information.... Lowes is not closing!!!!! Please stop spreading rumors, do you have nothing better to do??
stiffler

Mayfield, KY

#8 Apr 21, 2010
Im gonna have to call bullshit
willy

United States

#9 Apr 21, 2010
oh really.......
ky girl

Trenton, TN

#10 Apr 21, 2010
D-- lowes is closing
JustMe

Mayfield, KY

#11 Apr 21, 2010
Tired of Rumors wrote:
I work at Lowes, and I really don't know where you people come up with your information.... Lowes is not closing!!!!! Please stop spreading rumors, do you have nothing better to do??
I work there too and I doubt they would just randomly close in a month and only wpsd would know about it. I would assume they would allow there employees time to find other jobs and what not....
this is just a stupid lie...
blacksheep

Murray, KY

#12 Apr 21, 2010
it's not a lie, carl even posted it he knows he was brought in after prev manager rob was fired for poor work performance.carl opens and closes alot of stores he know so the numbers aren't there folks and it is a numbers game
JustMe

Mayfield, KY

#13 Apr 21, 2010
Thats just low for a store manager to come to a low life forum to tell people that lowes is closing.

if it is closing he would have not come on here said anything. it is against policy to give out information about our stores to other lowes store or to media....

also carl worked at paducah... is paducah's store closed? I think not!

I dont think that is the real carl posting...
Angie Elliott

Brownsville, TN

#14 Apr 21, 2010
Bill Brasky wrote:
I thought they did good business but as of May 29th, 2010 they will shut their doors. It's on News Channel 6:
http://www.wpsdlocal6.com/healthy/...
Wow I really hate to hear this. I worked at Lowes at the beginning and it is such a nice store.....hoped it would stay here....
Proud of Mayfield

Farmington, KY

#15 Apr 22, 2010
Shoot, I hope it closes, we need less big corps and more locally owned stuff. I know that the contractors stay loyal to Myers cause he offers one thing that Lowes cannot, SERVICE.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#16 Apr 22, 2010
Proud of Mayfield, You have to be PHIL...LOL. But, either way I like both stores...Lowes has a little more to choose from, and they are very helpful, but Myers is good too...when I built my house I bought everything from Phil.
comeon

Mayfield, KY

#17 Apr 22, 2010
yeah everyone would just love lowes to close that way there are less jobs and more people on unemployment.
yep thats the best thing for mayfield. little mom and pop stores that only hire their friends or family or people willing to work for pennies, while hard working people who deserve a chance are stuck having to move out of mayfield to find better jobs... then mayfield will become a ghost town. yep thats the best thing for mayfield
Truth

Detroit, MI

#18 Apr 22, 2010
comeon wrote:
yeah everyone would just love lowes to close that way there are less jobs and more people on unemployment.
yep thats the best thing for mayfield. little mom and pop stores that only hire their friends or family or people willing to work for pennies, while hard working people who deserve a chance are stuck having to move out of mayfield to find better jobs... then
mayfield will become a ghost town. yep thats the best thing for mayfield
could not have said it better myself. Lowes pays good and provided tons of jobs. That is what Mayfield needs
missus

Mayfield, KY

#19 Apr 22, 2010
Yeah when lowes closes it doors and people lose their jobs then they wont shop at those mom and pop shops and they will go outta business... lowe's creates jobs not only for its employees but for everyone in graves county who have projects they need to work on... some of these mom and pop store are too expensive... just trying to keep there families rich and poor people poor
bored white girl

Murray, KY

#20 Apr 22, 2010
Mayfield is turning into little gary indiana!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Linetta burney amanda kinnin 29 min Wondering 1
Charlotte Austin (Jul '14) 47 min Huntin buddy spoiler 4
City Planer Brad Rogers 3 hr kardnal 1
Susan and cupcake owens 6 hr Yep 12
Who was tha arab at bp 7 hr bif 2
The Mayfield, Kentucky Theme Song... 8 hr Frank Castle 5
girl from youngblood true 9 hr bif 2

Mayfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance