Loud BOOM heard...
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
heard it

Scottsburg, IN

#1 Jan 20, 2014
Did anybody else hear the loud "BOOM" about last Thursday afternoon about 4:00-5:00? It was just mentioned on WPSD noon news. They are being heard all over the country, literally.
heard one

Mayfield, KY

#2 Jan 20, 2014
I heard one on a sunday not too long ago. Rand outside but didnt see anything
warnings

United States

#3 Jan 20, 2014
its the trumpets of the LORD
Run for your lives

Sacramento, KY

#4 Jan 20, 2014
It's the boom of Obama listening in on our phone calls and trying to take away our guns and destroying the country from his birthplace in Kenya while organizing death panels and Benghazi.
HMMMM

United States

#5 Jan 20, 2014
heard it wrote:
Did anybody else hear the loud "BOOM" about last Thursday afternoon about 4:00-5:00? It was just mentioned on WPSD noon news. They are being heard all over the country, literally.
I read the article on WPSD TV and it didn't mention anyting about it being heard all over the country. Are you sure they didn't say "county"? If it was heard country-wide, that is a little scary!
Heard them

Benton, KY

#6 Jan 20, 2014
I have heard them before in Graves Co....planes breaking the sound barrier
What

United States

#7 Jan 20, 2014
I heard something in Carisle County last night. Was that what y'all are talking about?
boom

Scottsburg, IN

#8 Jan 20, 2014
What wrote:
I heard something in Carisle County last night. Was that what y'all are talking about?
What I heard was about last Thursday (I think) between 4 and 5 in the afternoon. I live in North Graves County and it sounded like it came out of the west/north west. It was a big "boooom" - sounded like something blew up. Sounded like maybe 5-10 miles away but no way of knowing that. Interesting stuff!
heard it

Scottsburg, IN

#9 Jan 20, 2014
boom wrote:
<quoted text>
What I heard was about last Thursday (I think) between 4 and 5 in the afternoon. I live in North Graves County and it sounded like it came out of the west/north west. It was a big "boooom" - sounded like something blew up. Sounded like maybe 5-10 miles away but no way of knowing that. Interesting stuff!
I'm am the same poster.
heard it

Scottsburg, IN

#10 Jan 20, 2014
HMMMM wrote:
<quoted text>
I read the article on WPSD TV and it didn't mention anyting about it being heard all over the country. Are you sure they didn't say "county"? If it was heard country-wide, that is a little scary!
If you do an online search you will see reports from all across this country and around the world of "booms" being heard (as well as other sounds). Something is going on. Sure am glad I know the maker! lol
heard it

Scottsburg, IN

#11 Jan 20, 2014
Heard them wrote:
I have heard them before in Graves Co....planes breaking the sound barrier
I remember hearing that pretty often back in the 60's-early 70's during the Vietnam War. But it has been against the law for planes to break the sound barrier for a while so it's not that.
heard it

Scottsburg, IN

#12 Jan 20, 2014
warnings wrote:
its the trumpets of the LORD
We better hope not or we have a big problem! LOL
Well

Benton, KY

#13 Jan 20, 2014
heard it wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember hearing that pretty often back in the 60's-early 70's during the Vietnam War. But it has been against the law for planes to break the sound barrier for a while so it's not that.
Alot of stuff is against the law but people do them every day
heard it

Scottsburg, IN

#14 Jan 20, 2014
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
Alot of stuff is against the law but people do them every day
Yeah you're right (wink wink) that's EXACTLY what it was/is.

...that is why, for example, our government gets by with so much because the majority of people don't question anything and if they do they let it just be easily explained away. I do believe this is even beyond our dishonest government because it is happening all around the world.
Mulling it over

AOL

#15 Jan 20, 2014
I heard the first of the booms about 8:00 pm Christmas night. I was outside feeding my dogs when I heard the first one. That one was followed by numerous other booms, some of them close together and others several minutes apart . Some were louder than others and appeared to be coming from a northeasterly direction. I initially thought someone was shooting some really high powered fireworks. I called my husband outside to listen and, as he has a hearing impairment, he couldn't hear them in the beginning but, eventually he heard a couple of them. He was as puzzled as I. I stayed outside for close to an hour until the cold finally drove me inside but it was still going on when I came in. Two weeks ago Saturday I heard one extremely loud one that sounded like a jet breaking the sound barrier, followed by a lesser one. I haven't heard the ones individuals have been talking about this week but I haven't been outside much. Eyewitness accounts of the New Madrid Earthquake of 1811-1812 told that the quakes were preceded by many loud booms that sounded like cannon firing for a period of several months before the shaking began.
HMMMMM

United States

#16 Jan 21, 2014
heard it wrote:
<quoted text>
If you do an online search you will see reports from all across this country and around the world of "booms" being heard (as well as other sounds). Something is going on. Sure am glad I know the maker! lol
That makes two of us!! LOL!!
whoreallyknows

United States

#17 Jan 21, 2014
So do some of u think we r gonna have a quake?????
Steve

United States

#18 Jan 21, 2014
whoreallyknows wrote:
Eventually. We live near a fault you know.
heard it

Columbus, IN

#19 Jan 21, 2014
Mulling it over wrote:
I heard the first of the booms about 8:00 pm Christmas night. I was outside feeding my dogs when I heard the first one. That one was followed by numerous other booms, some of them close together and others several minutes apart . Some were louder than others and appeared to be coming from a northeasterly direction. I initially thought someone was shooting some really high powered fireworks. I called my husband outside to listen and, as he has a hearing impairment, he couldn't hear them in the beginning but, eventually he heard a couple of them. He was as puzzled as I. I stayed outside for close to an hour until the cold finally drove me inside but it was still going on when I came in. Two weeks ago Saturday I heard one extremely loud one that sounded like a jet breaking the sound barrier, followed by a lesser one. I haven't heard the ones individuals have been talking about this week but I haven't been outside much. Eyewitness accounts of the New Madrid Earthquake of 1811-1812 told that the quakes were preceded by many loud booms that sounded like cannon firing for a period of several months before the shaking began.
I have only heard the one, last week. It sounded like something really big blew up, just a big "booooom". I didn't feel any shaking or anything at the time but it did sound like it was a good ways off. Yes I have heard from somebody that knows a lot about earthquakes that if you are close to the epicenter of an earthquake sometimes you can hear "booms" before the earthquake. They also said that if they start fracking around this area it will cause some tremors/earthquakes from the New Madrid Fault. And that is from a professional that really knows about all that stuff and weather. One of these days I'm afraid something fairly big is going to happen. Be it tornado or earthquake, we are over due. I don't worry about it but I do feel like it is coming. I don't know about you but I need to be taking some steps to get ready for it. I feel for those people who pay no attention to this sort of thing and think nothing could ever happen. They ain't gettin' my food, water and supplies! lol
heard it

Columbus, IN

#20 Jan 21, 2014
whoreallyknows wrote:
The possibility is ALWAYS there, but who knows? But if they do start fracking, look out! We gonna be shake rattle and rollin'! lol ...But all for the sake of money you know, so that makes it okay... right?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need a room for rent 23 min Robert 7
Pilgrimís 1 hr Just wondering 7
Black Jonathan Reed 3 hr Wtf 11
trannys 4 hr crazyboy2599 1
Sissy men contact me 6 hr crazyboy2599 2
you know rocky? 6 hr crazyboy2599 1
Cary west? 6 hr NoseyMF 4
missing Sperry girl 10 hr curious 32

Mayfield Jobs

Personal Finance