Anyone know of a church that would accommodate a child with special needs?

Posted in the Mayfield Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
anonymous

Brentwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 16, 2008

I have a 10 year old who has severe cerebral palsy. He is unable to walk, talk, etc. Mentally, he is about the same as a 15 month old. I quit going to church years ago when he got too old to stay in the nursery.
I would desperately love to go back to church. I don't know of any that would offer "care" for him during the service. I can't take him into the service because he is very "vocal" and it can be quite disruptive. He squeals a lot in excitement. He is a very good, happy boy.
He does occasionally have seizures and is incontinent. I have a one year old that could stay in the regular nursery but I don't have anyone that could watch my oldest son for us to go to church.
Thanks in advance to anyone who has any suggestions. The church would need to be in the Mayfield or Paducah area. I grew up Baptist, but have an open mind. I would like to hear about any churches, any denominations. Thanks!

“ja sagte ich das :)”

Since: May 08

jackson purchase area

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

anonymous wrote:
I have a 10 year old who has severe cerebral palsy. He is unable to walk, talk, etc. Mentally, he is about the same as a 15 month old. I quit going to church years ago when he got too old to stay in the nursery.
I would desperately love to go back to church. I don't know of any that would offer "care" for him during the service. I can't take him into the service because he is very "vocal" and it can be quite disruptive. He squeals a lot in excitement. He is a very good, happy boy.
He does occasionally have seizures and is incontinent. I have a one year old that could stay in the regular nursery but I don't have anyone that could watch my oldest son for us to go to church.
Thanks in advance to anyone who has any suggestions. The church would need to be in the Mayfield or Paducah area. I grew up Baptist, but have an open mind. I would like to hear about any churches, any denominations. Thanks!
there is a wonderful church in mayfield called "his house"
and i know they would be glad to have you both attend and would help you and your son be able to attend church :) its located on the cuba highway in graves co.
its non denominational and accepting of anyone who loves the Lord!
God bless you and your son.
anonymous

Brentwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

DanaBartonish wrote:
<quoted text>there is a wonderful church in mayfield called "his house"
and i know they would be glad to have you both attend and would help you and your son be able to attend church :) its located on the cuba highway in graves co.
its non denominational and accepting of anyone who loves the Lord!
God bless you and your son.
Thanks Dana! Could you tell me a little more? How many people go there? Who is the pastor? Also do they have a nursery that my baby could stay in? I would like to check it out.

jackson purchase area

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Dana! Could you tell me a little more? How many people go there? Who is the pastor? Also do they have a nursery that my baby could stay in? I would like to check it out.
well there are 3 pastors,2 of which preach most of the time, one is brother tim alred,one is chad lamb and we also have dr.orange from the midcontient college.

worship times are:
Sunday
9:45 am
11:00am
and
Sunday Nights at 5:55pm

they have a nice childrens center.

here is the link for you :)

http://www.hishouseonline.com/index.html

love to see yall there :)
anonymous

Brentwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

My mom taught Tim Allred in school and Chad Lamb rode my bus in grade school. Small world!

It sounds wonderful! I will go to that link and have a look. Thanks again Dana. I really appreciate the info!

jackson purchase area

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2008

anonymous wrote:
My mom taught Tim Allred in school and Chad Lamb rode my bus in grade school. Small world!
It sounds wonderful! I will go to that link and have a look. Thanks again Dana. I really appreciate the info!
np at all i know theyd be glad to have you and i am sure they would accomidate your son really well an help ya out so yall can go to church.
they are both great guys and its a great big huge family of people.
youll love it.
anonymous

Brentwood, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2008

Another question Dana. Did you mean that my son would stay with me for the sermon? Or would he get to go to "children's church" or whatever they call it for babies and littls kids during the sermon?

Whenever you go to church, maybe you could ask for me. I would really like for him to be able to get to interact with the other kids. He likes music, and enjoys watching the other kids playing with and talking to him.

I went to the website and did some reading. I will have to have a "family meeting", but this sounds like a church that would meet all of my family's needs.

jackson purchase area

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2008

anonymous wrote:
Another question Dana. Did you mean that my son would stay with me for the sermon? Or would he get to go to "children's church" or whatever they call it for babies and littls kids during the sermon?
Whenever you go to church, maybe you could ask for me. I would really like for him to be able to get to interact with the other kids. He likes music, and enjoys watching the other kids playing with and talking to him.
I went to the website and did some reading. I will have to have a "family meeting", but this sounds like a church that would meet all of my family's needs.
your son i am sure could go to the childrens church with all the other kids :) hes a kid:)
i will inquire for you.
its really a great place.
you can email them too on the prayer list and they will answer.
ill all for you tho tomorrow

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

62 Users are viewing the Mayfield Forum right now

Search the Mayfield Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min republiCONS 138,298
bikes are back !!!!!! 8 min ssss 3
Looking for Christan school 1 hr Straight Up 8
MCU Closing? 1 hr Straight Up 51
Brent doss 1 hr nope 6
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Anne52 81,182
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 2 hr sad 917
Mid Continent 2 hr So sad 154
•••

Freeze Warning for Graves County was issued at April 15 at 2:26PM EDT

•••
•••
•••