First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Craziness

Owensboro, KY

#1 Oct 14, 2010
With Halloween around corner thought it would be fun to discuss any real paranormal experiences you've had or any real haunted local places around here.
puzzled

United States

#2 Oct 14, 2010
why do ghosts always have clothes on?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#3 Oct 14, 2010
I am so interested in the paranormal... I know a couple of people that are involved with West Kentucky Ghost Hunters, and it is AMAZING the things that they experience.
There are so many haunted places in this area!! I want to join a group and actually go out and investigate LOL... I hope that more people will post here, as I would LOVE to talk about paranormal activity, and NOT the movie :)

I have been wanting to visit Waverly Hills Sanitorium in Louisville for YEARS since watching the movie Death Tunnel and seeing the behind the documentary on Waverly Hills. Check it out at www.waverlyhills.com I think is the web address.
Oh yeah

Springfield, MO

#4 Oct 14, 2010
I was at a friends house one night. We were in the upstairs bathroom putting on make up when we both stopped dead in our tracks and turned around to a white outline in the doorway. Also when we would be downstairs at night and no one upstairs you could hear footsteps walking across the floor.

I was at my boyfriends house one night. I woke up at 3:30 am (the peak of the witching hour) and saw a figure of a little girl standing in his door way. Every now and then we will hear doors shut and footsteps walking down the hall. Sometimes you can hear a girls voice.
Anonymous

Henderson, KY

#5 Oct 14, 2010
I don't really like to talk about...g-g-g-ghosts but, anyway this one time I was at my mom's house and she has all these creepy dolls. So I get up to go to the kitchen and there's a doll in the floor blocking my way! I turn to tell my mom and it's gone. SO WIERD.
I love spooky things

Murray, KY

#6 Oct 14, 2010
This is just weird!
I put the kids to bed at 10 last night and my husband went to bed not long after that. I sat up and watched tv. About 12 or so, I went to the kitchen and two cabinets were open. No one had been up but me. My husband always leaves the cabinets open and I yell at him for it, but he had not been up. And one cabinet open had the bowls and plates and nothing else was out. I thought maybe one of the kids got up for water, but why would they need a bowl? I looked around, searched the house, checked on the kids and husband. Nothing out of the ordinary. No one awake.
I closed the cabinets and promptly (ran) out of the kitchen!

I live close to Highland Park Cemetery. Maybe a ghost wandered over and needed a bowl!
student

Mayfield, KY

#7 Oct 14, 2010
KentuckyRocks wrote:
I am so interested in the paranormal... I know a couple of people that are involved with West Kentucky Ghost Hunters, and it is AMAZING the things that they experience.
There are so many haunted places in this area!! I want to join a group and actually go out and investigate LOL... I hope that more people will post here, as I would LOVE to talk about paranormal activity, and NOT the movie :)
I have been wanting to visit Waverly Hills Sanitorium in Louisville for YEARS since watching the movie Death Tunnel and seeing the behind the documentary on Waverly Hills. Check it out at www.waverlyhills.com I think is the web address.
tourss for waverly hills are all sold out for this year btw its www.therealwaverlyhills.com
Bruce Lee Total Gym

United States

#8 Oct 14, 2010
[QUOTE who="I love spooky thooka mite not wanna menshun pain on a 411 thred bowt enfested hunnypots . jus hooka mite not wanna menshun pain on a 411 thred bowt enfeszted hunnypots . jus sayin !! open and I yell at him for it, but he had not been up. And one cabinet open had the bowls and plates and nothing else was out. I thought maybe one of the kids got up for water, but why would they need a bowl? I looked
around, searched the house, checked on the kids and husband. Nothing out of the ordinary. No one awake.
I closed the cabinets and promptly (ran) out of the kitchen!
I live close to Highland Park Cemetery. Maybe a ghost wandered over and needed a bowl![/QUOTE]When I first read this I thought it said that maybe a ghost came over and smoked a bowl. I had to do a double take! lol
I love spooky things

Murray, KY

#9 Oct 14, 2010
That's funny! But why is the quote all messed up?

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#10 Oct 15, 2010
student wrote:
<quoted text> tourss for waverly hills are all sold out for this year btw its www.therealwaverlyhills.com
Thanks for posting the correct address.:) I think the place is interesting and I keep saying that I will go visit, and simply can't wait until I can do so... Have you ever been there?
Bruce Lee Total Gym

United States

#11 Oct 15, 2010
I love spooky things wrote:
That's funny! But why is the quote all messed up?
I don't know! Ghosts!
student

Mayfield, KY

#12 Oct 16, 2010
KentuckyRocks wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for posting the correct address.:) I think the place is interesting and I keep saying that I will go visit, and simply can't wait until I can do so... Have you ever been there?
no i havent but i wanna

“Mr. Sun Tan, Mr. Happy Man”

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#13 Oct 16, 2010
I was over at a friends house (by a cemetery) and was walking down a small hall with a book case down the side. I was going into the kitchen where her mom was and I heard a little girl say my name. Nobody in that lives in this house is under 20 mind you, so I was a little freaked out. I told them what I heard and my friend says that they see a little girl walking around the house. She walks up and down their hallway and stops and looks at the books with her hands behind her back. She also told me that she will say your name if it has been said at least three times before in the house. They are not sure if it is the little girl or a separate entity, but every year on a specific date in November a glass panel on one of their end tables shatters. True story... I'd love to get an evp on the little girl!
Oh yeah

Springfield, MO

#14 Oct 17, 2010
Awesome story!! I love hearing about other people encounters! The paranomal world is so interesting!
Sanchez

Mayfield, KY

#15 Oct 17, 2010
when I was younger I use to live in a large house with my partents and sisters, i was the youngest of all, i remember we was all sleeping on the floor in the front room (not all of our stuff was moved in yet) and the only bathroom was upstairs, we kept the light on up stairs all the time, and when someone would come back from the bathroom, the light would go off, this happened all through the night, second thing was that there was always pennies on the floor everywhere, all the time, and the last thing i remember that scared me the worst, was when my sisters was watching me and they had a few friends over, my parents was not home at the time, my sisters thought it would be funny to play the ouija board, and of course they got mad saying the other was moving it, and when they both jumped up and was fighting with each other the triangle thing, flew off the ouija board, and we all took off running out the door and down the road, come to find out that, that house had 2 men that killed themselves by hanging themselves in the attic before we moved in.
ashley

United States

#16 Oct 17, 2010
i would like to start my story with a lil history, ever since i was little i have known my grandmother was into white wica an she had always always told me how her grandmother an mother had been into witch craft (nothing evil), an so she was very into it, my mother even go into it a lil as did i wen i was young, my grandmother would alway b awhere of a presance or ghost if u will, wen my sister was young about 5 or 6 she would have small seizers, well out of nowhere she startd talkn about a random lil girl she would see at night, an it jus so happend she would see her b4 she had a seizer, they say ghost of children are drawn to weak or sick children, everytime my mother would speak about my sister on our home phone it would hang up, she couldnt even say her name with out it hangin up, my grandmother an grandfather came 2 our house an walkd around an my grandfather came out side an told my mother my sister wasnt to go back in the house at all, so the packed up an headed to my grandparents house, i kid u not wen they pulld up an my grandparents house my grama an granpa lookd at each other an said shes already here...speakn of the ghost. my sister to this day says she can fill the little girls presance an has had other experiences wit her, but my grandmother told her to not b afraid of her so she tells her to go away. an thats not even the craziest my whole family has crazy incounters, im fasanated with it :)
What to know

Mayfield, KY

#17 Oct 18, 2010
I live in mayfield. Me and a few people were wondering were some haunted places were around here. If anyone can help it would be great. Thanks.
BJ Sizemore

Mayfield, KY

#18 Oct 18, 2010
Hey, anyone local can ask to join the WKGH group over on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/ #!/group.php?gid=1564541977220 99

Also, if you know of anyone locally that needs help or would like to have an investigation done on their home or know someone who does, just drop us a line on Facebook or my Facebook page:

facebook.com/Orlock

Because of privacy restrictions on membership, you may have to friend me first and have me invite, you, if that is the case, do so and I'll get back to you as soon as possible.
Craziness

Madisonville, KY

#19 Oct 25, 2010
Has anyone been to Gravity Hill up in Princeton, Ky? We used to go there as teenagers I'm not sure if it's haunted or just an urban legend, but the story has it if u park ur car in the tunnel (in neutral) ur car will go up hill.. They say a young girl was raped and murdered there and her spirit still lingers to get u safely up the hill, I've Also heard if u sprinkle baby powder on the car u will see her handprints!
HaleStorm

Murray, KY

#20 Oct 26, 2010
Craziness wrote:
Has anyone been to Gravity Hill up in Princeton, Ky? We used to go there as teenagers I'm not sure if it's haunted or just an urban legend, but the story has it if u park ur car in the tunnel (in neutral) ur car will go up hill.. They say a young girl was raped and murdered there and her spirit still lingers to get u safely up the hill, I've Also heard if u sprinkle baby powder on the car u will see her handprints!
All this is true,grew up around there.. There is also (use to be) an old 3 story house in Princeton, that on the 3rd floor there was a round window and you could always see a girl in the window.. The house had been abandoned for over 10 years...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
courtney kelly. (May '11) 4 hr pmcclurejr 15
MVP ( Candle Factory) is this a good place to ... (Apr '13) 4 hr pmcclurejr 60
Leaving kids in the back yard by themselves 5 hr Hahaha 6
justin riley from mayfield (Sep '13) 6 hr Gogogoballs 4
Recovery Works drug rehab opens in Mayfield Ky (Dec '13) 7 hr lost 14
Bethany Walker 7 hr yup 2
Who is Josh Thorpe (Jul '10) 7 hr Wifey 138
Mayfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Mayfield People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:31 pm PST

NBC Sports12:31PM
Source: Browns interview former Rams coach Mike Martz
NBC Sports 3:14 AM
Rams won't get chance to interview Rob Chudzinski or Alex Van Pelt
Bleacher Report 6:15 PM
Why the St. Louis Rams Must Draft Dorial Green-Beckham
NBC Sports 8:37 AM
Nathaniel Hackett interviewing for Rams offensive coordinator on Thursday
Yahoo! Sports 8:12 AM
The lure of LA for the NFL - mirage or 'must do'?