Burton & Caldwell Sentenced Today
Justice

Wickliffe, KY

#61 Nov 6, 2008
Proud Democrat wrote:
<quoted text>
i agree. i was just making a suggestion and they got mad at me. i wasn't trying to make anyone mad. i read this thread and some people said they wanted this dropped and this person just keeps bringing this up again.
And again, and again!
anna

Eddyville, KY

#62 Nov 12, 2008
wonder why if she just wanted justice for jessica, and is so concerned for Zion, what did she do with the reward money ? if it was me and all i had in my heart was the need for justice, i would put the money in trust for zion so he would have it for college
anonymous

Franklin, TN

#63 Nov 12, 2008
anna wrote:
wonder why if she just wanted justice for jessica, and is so concerned for Zion, what did she do with the reward money ? if it was me and all i had in my heart was the need for justice, i would put the money in trust for zion so he would have it for college
Again, NO ONE GOT ANY REWARD MONEY!!!!! Good Lord! Get it through your heads!!

Since: Jul 08

Owensboro, KY

#65 Nov 13, 2008
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Again, NO ONE GOT ANY REWARD MONEY!!!!! Good Lord! Get it through your heads!!
Hi Anon & Thank You for once again trying to break through the barriers of ignorance.

For the last time, I have never received any Reward money for what I did on Jessica's case. Please call City Hall in Mayfield if you're really concerned about it. Maybe that will ease your mind. The reward is said to have totaled $19,000.00 at one time. The money was spent when they arrested Jeremy Adams & the others for Jessica's Murder. It was spent by the city. The city was supposed to have put the money back but that's the last I've heard of it.

If I did get it, I could use it. I have grandkids that may want to go to college someday too. Although if I got it, it would be no one's business as to what I use it for.

Feel about me the way you want to only at least base your feelings on the truth.

Many yrs. of my life were dedicated to seeking Justice 4 Jessica...I wonder...how much time did anyone else dedicate to it? If you said none, then you have no rights to even make negative comments about it at all.
anonymous

Franklin, TN

#66 Nov 13, 2008
Susan Galbreath wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Anon & Thank You for once again trying to break through the barriers of ignorance.
For the last time, I have never received any Reward money for what I did on Jessica's case. Please call City Hall in Mayfield if you're really concerned about it. Maybe that will ease your mind. The reward is said to have totaled $19,000.00 at one time. The money was spent when they arrested Jeremy Adams & the others for Jessica's Murder. It was spent by the city. The city was supposed to have put the money back but that's the last I've heard of it.
If I did get it, I could use it. I have grandkids that may want to go to college someday too. Although if I got it, it would be no one's business as to what I use it for.
Feel about me the way you want to only at least base your feelings on the truth.
Many yrs. of my life were dedicated to seeking Justice 4 Jessica...I wonder...how much time did anyone else dedicate to it? If you said none, then you have no rights to even make negative comments about it at all.
Hey Susan~
It is so irritating to me that these people just make up their own version of reality.

I think that you should get a reward for all your support and help with the case. Isn't that what the reward money was supposed to be for? My opinion, maybe...I don't know. I am not going to hold my breath until the city repays it. LOL
Hope you're doing alright :)
HAH

Trenton, TN

#67 Jun 14, 2012
Susan Galbreath wrote:
Jeff Burton & Tamara Caldwell were formally sentenced today in Hickman County Court.
Tamara Caldwell went before Judge Stark 1st. The only comments made by her defense were in reference to a few mistakes on the documents concerning the Plea Deal she made. She stood quietly as Judge Stark handed down the sentence of 10 yrs. She was given credit for her 500+ days served. No one spoke on her behalf.
Jeff Burton was next. Of course w/ Burton having Mark Bryant as his Atty., there had to be a show. Bryant spoke of how Burton always co-operated w/ the K.B.I. etc. & that even though he had been questioned on 2 seperate occasions, he never tried to flee. Burton's jail-house Pastor stood up & spoke of how he (the Pastor) wa a better man since knowing Burton. He also spoke of what a great guy he thought Burton was. Then it was Burton's Mother's turn. She of course begged for Mercy for her son. She claimed he was always a good boy.....Then it was time for Burton's wife to speak...She of course made Burton sound like father & husband of the year. Some of Burton's family shed some tears during this farce. Then it was Burton's big moment. He told of how he is a different man than he was 8 yrs. ago. He told of how in 2000, he thought he knew everything & didn't want to listen to anyone. He dealt drugs & ran w/ the "wrong crowd". He then turned to face Jessica's family & said he was sorry for anything that his family has said to them.......Bryant then went on his w/ his normal Atty. jargon about how his client should be shown Mercy etc. etc. etc......
How do you know that these people really did this stuff. You talk about how bad of a person Jeff Burton and Quincy Cross is but you don't even know them. The Currin family is not the people they are made up to be. They are not people to be messed with. I also know when Jessica Currin's body was discovered, an ivestigating officer whom she was involved with "lost" evidence. I actually know Judge Stark personally and he is not a very good man. It sounds to me like some one had some covering up to do. Its so sad that some people have nothing better to do than judge other people. Susan, I'm pretty sure your not the best person in the world. Just remember when you point a finger you have 3 more pointing straight back at you. As the old saying goes, its normally the ones that point the finger that has something to say.
curious

Ashburn, VA

#68 Jun 15, 2012
HAH wrote:
<quoted text>How do you know that these people really did this stuff. You talk about how bad of a person Jeff Burton and Quincy Cross is but you don't even know them. The Currin family is not the people they are made up to be. They are not people to be messed with. I also know when Jessica Currin's body was discovered, an ivestigating officer whom she was involved with "lost" evidence. I actually know Judge Stark personally and he is not a very good man. It sounds to me like some one had some covering up to do. Its so sad that some people have nothing better to do than judge other people. Susan, I'm pretty sure your not the best person in the world. Just remember when you point a finger you have 3 more pointing straight back at you. As the old saying goes, its normally the ones that point the finger that has something to say.
you're just a silly conspiracy theorist
HAH

Trenton, TN

#69 Jun 15, 2012
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
you're just a silly conspiracy theorist
No actually I'm a 19 year old mother trying to get a college degree. I just know a lot about this case thats not allowed to be said.
curious

Ashburn, VA

#70 Jun 15, 2012
HAH wrote:
<quoted text>No actually I'm a 19 year old mother trying to get a college degree. I just know a lot about this case thats not allowed to be said.
BS. If it was critical to the case and would help you would say what you know to the police.
HAH

Trenton, TN

#71 Jun 15, 2012
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
BS. If it was critical to the case and would help you would say what you know to the police.
What I know has already been disclosed to the police. You do know they don't say everything in court right. All I can really say is Tamera Caldwell got off with less than a year moved to California where she's from, and had a child who's father is one of the KBI agents that either questioned her in the begining or one of the ones that was supposed to be protecting her. Plus one of the so called witnesses confessed in court that she just turned in Cross' and Burton's name for the money yet for some reason they are still in jail. Besides what the hell do you know about this, your in New Jersey.
curious

Ashburn, VA

#72 Jun 15, 2012
HAH wrote:
<quoted text>What I know has already been disclosed to the police. You do know they don't say everything in court right. All I can really say is Tamera Caldwell got off with less than a year moved to California where she's from, and had a child who's father is one of the KBI agents that either questioned her in the begining or one of the ones that was supposed to be protecting her. Plus one of the so called witnesses confessed in court that she just turned in Cross' and Burton's name for the money yet for some reason they are still in jail. Besides what the hell do you know about this, your in New Jersey.
they are in jail because they MURDERED and MUTILATED a human.
HAH

Trenton, TN

#73 Jun 15, 2012
samantha wrote:
<quoted text> Bryant is still one of the best.You don't know the half. The Currin's know they have the wrong people. Jean is a joke. Do you know how many has said that she looked as though she was putting on a show. She didn't act like that during the first trial. She knew better! She knows they have the wrong people. It isn't over! It will get out of Kentucky's hands. I promise!
I agree with you. I even heard from one of the Currins family friends they where putting on a show.
HAH

Trenton, TN

#74 Jun 15, 2012
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
they are in jail because they MURDERED and MUTILATED a human.
The only reason they are in jail is because two people wanted money so they turned in the first names that came to their heads. One of the so called witnesses even said that in court. Yes thats the charges but the witness later recanted her statement and went to jail for fraud. You can look at the court transcripts and find that out. If you only knew half of what your were talking about. Wrong people are prosicuted every damn day. There was even a guy that was sent to death row for a crime he didn't commit. The sad part is that the true felon didn't come forward until after the man was put to death.
curious

Ashburn, VA

#75 Jun 15, 2012
HAH wrote:
<quoted text>The only reason they are in jail is because two people wanted money so they turned in the first names that came to their heads. One of the so called witnesses even said that in court. Yes thats the charges but the witness later recanted her statement and went to jail for fraud. You can look at the court transcripts and find that out. If you only knew half of what your were talking about. Wrong people are prosicuted every damn day. There was even a guy that was sent to death row for a crime he didn't commit. The sad part is that the true felon didn't come forward until after the man was put to death.
and because they killed someone. You left that part out.
omg

Paducah, KY

#76 Jun 16, 2012
Let it go already! Pathetic!
HAH

Trenton, TN

#77 Jun 16, 2012
curious wrote:
<quoted text>
and because they killed someone. You left that part out.
No I didnt leave that part out. I'm so done going back and forth cause it's pretty clear you think you know it all. Maybe if you'd actually do a little research instead of placing judgement you'd know something about this case. I swear some people just need to STFU and listen every now and then.
curious

Owensboro, KY

#78 Jun 16, 2012
HAH wrote:
<quoted text>No I didnt leave that part out. I'm so done going back and forth cause it's pretty clear you think you know it all. Maybe if you'd actually do a little research instead of placing judgement you'd know something about this case. I swear some people just need to STFU and listen every now and then.
you're just in denial. They killed her
yalareclueless

South Fulton, TN

#79 Jun 16, 2012
I agree with everything u have said.. and more families were affected instead of jus one.. I believe innocent ppl is doing time when they should b out with there family but people always think they know everything so as long as u know wat u r talking about that is all that matter.. BTW everything I have said is also how I know the story
curious

Owensboro, KY

#80 Jun 16, 2012
yalareclueless wrote:
I agree with everything u have said.. and more families were affected instead of jus one.. I believe innocent ppl is doing time when they should b out with there family but people always think they know everything so as long as u know wat u r talking about that is all that matter.. BTW everything I have said is also how I know the story
you all are a bunch of baffoons
A VERY CLOSE FRIEND

United States

#81 Sep 2, 2012
Welp! They signed the papers and told the judge that they were guilty didn't they? I guess we got our answer didn't we? Yupp! If I do recall correctly Jeff was so ashamed to say guilty he said it So low the first time, that the judge had to tell him to speak up louder so that everyone could hear him :)- I feel so~so sorry for his poor~ poor ,sweet ,dumb wife, and his funky a$$ children for putting them through all of that:: Only for him to turn around and bite them right in the ass! Well D*mn all of that supporting, and arguing with the victim family for nothing... DON'T YOU FEEL DUMB B*tCH!#ITOLDYA! SMH at the whole burton family.. Jeff had y'all ALL agoing huh? I sure wouldn't have signed my life over saying that I did things like that to another human being unless I really did do it, Ya know? But hey whatever floats Jeff's boat.. Haha I guess..Ya know not too long ago Jeff's mom even wrote me on facebook asking me if I think he really did it, ya know,(kind of as if to say she didn't believe her own sons word). Hmmm... Well, for anybody who wants to know I toasted that B*tch! Bet she won't ask again! Yupp.. Ooh and if Jeff's mom just so happens to be readings this YES! I did mean everything last word I said! And, Hey tell his lil wife to ask him how a dead women's pussy taste (PROBABLY BETTER THEN YOURS HUH)? Because from what I heard he like it a lot..#AYEDATSYOPEOPLE...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeremy (Oct '11) 9 min Sawyor 7
CVS Pharmacy 36 min Lyrical 3
heather lawson (May '11) 1 hr Tommyboy 30
Patrick rogers 2 hr Sallie 5
Womens Suffrage. The fall of america 2 hr darla 12
Mayfield High School Band 2 hr Graves county tea... 5
Disability 3 hr Wounded 1

Mayfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance