First Prev
of 4
Next Last
rebeldreamer

Murray, KY

#62 Feb 18, 2012
If you do not Greg's mom you really should keep your mouth shut, if she was on the employees there was a reason, I've know her since I was a young kid and she's a very sweet lady....Maybe she had a reason for not being as you think she should have ...Only God can judge NOT you ...
Political connected

Benton, KY

#63 Jul 14, 2012
Consider this, sara sue was the most unfriiendly person to ever grab my money on my way out. A little friendler attitude would have helped. Plus prices really were too high. Chow does amazingly well because the food is wonderful and the servers are friendly and helpful. The menu varies but still no alcohal served. Alcohal alone is not enough to float a resturant..
Tom

Murray, KY

#64 Jul 16, 2012
Will miss it!!
semper fi

Murray, KY

#65 Jul 16, 2012
I worked at hills,and loved it.I ate at hills and I loved it.And I am already missing it.
Mayfield person

Buchanan, TN

#66 Jul 16, 2012
I am not here to bash the Hill family, but I will have to agree that the food was poorly portioned, tasted poor and was too pricey for what you got. Selling beer would have helped him a lot. He would have brought in a lot more business with beer sales and probably kept his business open.
roflcopter

United States

#67 Jul 17, 2012
The problem with serving alcohol in Mayfield is the church groups that will boycott you (and then you spot the same extremists at a restaurant/bar in Paducah). You are taking a huge risk because you don‘t know if your alcohol sales will be enough to offset the loss of your religious nutcases. Pizza Hut tried beer and saw a loss in profits and literally had people calling to ask if they still served beer, and that they wouldn‘t be coming back til it was gone. Applebee‘s tried to build here but was shut out by the bigots. Think of all the jobs lost there. As long as good ol‘ Southern churchgoers (some, not all) keep their noses in everyone‘s business, this will continue. In reality, the fact that a restaurant serves alcohol does not mean you will be forced to drink it. And if your fellow congregation members don‘t believe you when you say you went to eat there, but didn‘t have a drink.....well that either says something about you or them, but not the restaurant! To each his own.
ertyert

Benton, KY

#68 Jul 17, 2012
Look the food was terrible, to put half a wiener on a hot dog is bad business, and the lady on the way out was moody at best. Like the people or not those are facts. And the baked beans, really. were those straight out of a can? They had no flavor!!!
Wrong

Paducah, KY

#69 Jul 17, 2012
roflcopter wrote:
The problem with serving alcohol in Mayfield is the church groups that will boycott you (and then you spot the same extremists at a restaurant/bar in Paducah). You are taking a huge risk because you don‘t know if your alcohol sales will be enough to offset the loss of your religious nutcases. Pizza Hut tried beer and saw a loss in profits and literally had people calling to ask if they still served beer, and that they wouldn‘t be coming back til it was gone. Applebee‘s tried to build here but was shut out by the bigots. Think of all the jobs lost there. As long as good ol‘ Southern churchgoers (some, not all) keep their noses in everyone‘s business, this will continue. In reality, the fact that a restaurant serves alcohol does not mean you will be forced to drink it. And if your fellow congregation members don‘t believe you when you say you went to eat there, but didn‘t have a drink.....well that either says something about you or them, but not the restaurant! To each his own.
Good luck in hell.
pat

Murray, KY

#70 Jul 18, 2012
Long Gone wrote:
I moved from Mayfield several yrs ago (before the new building was built)but say what you will, Hill's will be a pleasant memory from my past. The chili dogs were my favorite ..they had car hops then and we would make the circle between Hill's and old Dairy Queen on Friday & Saturday nights...Sorry to see it is closing but thankful for some great memories.
That was the good old days back in 60's & 70's.
roflcopter

United States

#71 Jul 19, 2012
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>Good luck in hell.
You must be one of those extremists I was talking about.
Last time I had a daquiri on Saturday night and went to my Methodist church on Sunday morning, I didn‘t catch fire as I walked through the door.
Choo choo

Benton, KY

#72 Jan 8, 2013
The last time I went to Hills, i got a barbq sandwitch which was made from crusty skin.
I remember

Mayfield, KY

#73 Jan 9, 2013
Yes I remember those days that was the good old days will never be
again. Your didn't hear about hard drugs. I wish those days was back again.
joni

Mayfield, KY

#74 Jan 9, 2013
I love those days also.My favorite years when we had the old skating ring also to go to.
cheerleader22

Tucker, GA

#75 Jan 9, 2013
Typo wrote:
Everytime i walked into hills, greg was sitting on his butt smoking a big cigarette along with the rest of his holy family... Watching other people do all the work.. He might say hi, or mite not say a word.. The building he built cost him wAyyy to much to sell hotdogs and cheeseburgers, and foremost no beer. Times have changed, the economy didnt shut him down, drive by majestic, catfish corner, huddlehouse and carrs... You gotta work if you wanna eat......
Seeing as I've known Greg Hill for all of my life, I believe that I know his character fairly well. If you knew anything about him or his family you would know that they are some of the hardest workers I have ever known. Greg's goal whenever anyone walked in was to make them feel welcome and at home, he is loved and respected for that. So until you are perfect, do not judge someone else. These people are my second family and I will defend them and admire them for standing up for their principles. Do you not realize that they are hurting enough without this extra drama encouraged by a childish website? That restaurant was something that they put their lifeblood into, their children and myself practically grew up there. You should at least have the decency to show respect.
semper fi

Mayfield, KY

#76 Jan 14, 2013
cheerleader22 wrote:
<quoted text>
Seeing as I've known Greg Hill for all of my life, I believe that I know his character fairly well. If you knew anything about him or his family you would know that they are some of the hardest workers I have ever known. Greg's goal whenever anyone walked in was to make them feel welcome and at home, he is loved and respected for that. So until you are perfect, do not judge someone else. These people are my second family and I will defend them and admire them for standing up for their principles. Do you not realize that they are hurting enough without this extra drama encouraged by a childish website? That restaurant was something that they put their lifeblood into, their children and myself practically grew up there. You should at least have the decency to show respect.
Very true.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Announcement at Remington 8 min Sidewinder 12
Mayfield Fair 37 min ranger o1 5
Snitching again: Mark Lawson 1 hr haha 2
Donald Trump... God's man. 1 hr surprise surprise 1
juestic for Jessica 1 hr Itsover 13
Remington Closing 4 hr The bird is the word 1
Hey Shannon Morris 12 hr Really 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mayfield Mortgages