'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

Oct 1, 2010 | Posted by: Top Mod2 | Full story: thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Comments
41,281 - 41,300 of 151,434 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45427 Aug 13, 2012
10 Things You Didn't Know About Paul Ryan

1. Paul Davis Ryan, the youngest of Paul Sr. and Betty Ryan's four children, was born in Janesville, Wis., on Jan. 29, 1970. Ryan is the fifth generation of his family to live in Janesville.

2. Sharing the same first name as his father, Paul had a childhood nickname: "P. D." (Paul Davis). It was often mistaken for "Petey," which caused Ryan to dislike the nickname.

3. Ryan's father died when Paul was only 16. Using the Social Security survivors benefits he he paid for his education at Miami University in Ohio,received until his 18th birthday, where he completed a bachelor's degree in economics and political science in 1992.

4. Ryan worked as a marketing consultant for his family's construction business before being elected to Congress. Ryan Incorporated Central began as an earthmoving business created by his great-grandfather in 1884.

5. At 28, Ryan was elected to Congress in 1998, and he has been re-elected six times, most recently in 2010.

6. Early in his career as a representative to Congress, Ryan held office hours in an old truck he converted into an office. This allowed him to visit the more far-flung towns in his district.

7. Janna Little, the future Mrs. Paul Ryan, was a Washington tax attorney living in Arlington, Va., when she met him. The Oklahoma native graduated from Wellesley College and George Washington University Law School.

8. Demonstrating his love of the outdoors, in April 2000, Ryan asked Janna to marry him at Big St. Germain Lake in northern Wisconsin, one of his favorite fishing spots. The couple was married in Oklahoma City in December 2000.

9. Ryan and his wife are raising their daughter, Elizabeth, and two sons, Charles and Samuel, in Ryan's hometown.

10. Ryan's hobbies include hunting and fishing. He is a bowhunter and belongs to his hometown's archery association, the Janesville Bowmen.

http://www.usnews.com/news/campaign-2008/arti...

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#45428 Aug 13, 2012
This would be a good time to ask of Rep. Jessie Jackson Jr's medical history. The powers that be may have Presidential ambitions.
The lost documents may have begun long ago.
frank

Oakland, CA

#45429 Aug 13, 2012
American Lady wrote:
10 Things You Didn't Know About Paul Ryan
1. Paul Davis Ryan, the youngest of Paul Sr. and Betty Ryan's four children, was born in Janesville, Wis., on Jan. 29, 1970. Ryan is the fifth generation of his family to live in Janesville.
2. Sharing the same first name as his father, Paul had a childhood nickname: "P. D." (Paul Davis). It was often mistaken for "Petey," which caused Ryan to dislike the nickname.
3. Ryan's father died when Paul was only 16. Using the Social Security survivors benefits he he paid for his education at Miami University in Ohio,received until his 18th birthday, where he completed a bachelor's degree in economics and political science in 1992.
4. Ryan worked as a marketing consultant for his family's construction business before being elected to Congress. Ryan Incorporated Central began as an earthmoving business created by his great-grandfather in 1884.
5. At 28, Ryan was elected to Congress in 1998, and he has been re-elected six times, most recently in 2010.
6. Early in his career as a representative to Congress, Ryan held office hours in an old truck he converted into an office. This allowed him to visit the more far-flung towns in his district.
7. Janna Little, the future Mrs. Paul Ryan, was a Washington tax attorney living in Arlington, Va., when she met him. The Oklahoma native graduated from Wellesley College and George Washington University Law School.
8. Demonstrating his love of the outdoors, in April 2000, Ryan asked Janna to marry him at Big St. Germain Lake in northern Wisconsin, one of his favorite fishing spots. The couple was married in Oklahoma City in December 2000.
9. Ryan and his wife are raising their daughter, Elizabeth, and two sons, Charles and Samuel, in Ryan's hometown.
10. Ryan's hobbies include hunting and fishing. He is a bowhunter and belongs to his hometown's archery association, the Janesville Bowmen.
http://www.usnews.com/news/campaign-2008/arti...
Is there an echo in here??
Contributor

Pikeville, KY

#45431 Aug 13, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank ,Damm it Frank must have skip your meds .
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45432 Aug 13, 2012
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45433 Aug 13, 2012
RayOne wrote:
This would be a good time to ask of Rep. Jessie Jackson Jr's medical history. The powers that be may have Presidential ambitions.
The lost documents may have begun long ago.
Aug 13, 7:20 PM EDT

Mayo Clinic: Jackson has bipolar disorder

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_JAC...
Jay

Paris, TN

#45434 Aug 13, 2012
frank wrote:
You do realize that Mr. Anti-Government and T-Bag High Priest, Paul Ryan used Social Security survivor’s benefits to help pay for college, has very little work experience outside the government? The sum total of his work experience outside of Congress is a couple part-time or summer jobs as a waiter, fitness trainer, and Oscar Mayer salesman. He is, nevertheless, a smart guy attending Miami University, where he double majored in economics and political science. Ryan likes to talk about how he used loans to pay for college; the fact is it was the Gov’t that paid for his tuition! Yep, that same Gov’t that he claims is not responsible for anything “good”!

When a father dies when the child is still under 18, the mother qualifies for Social Security to help with raising the child without the other parent. This applies to everyone, including you should that happen to you. His mother gave him her monthly allotment, and so what? He had the foresight to save it for his education. His father died at a relatively young age of 55, and just maybe she saw a future for her child, and just maybe she did not need the money since his father was an attorney and might have set her up with an insurance policy.

You don't know and neither do we.

It's pretty apparent that he is highly intelligent, most likely and honor student which would have qualified him for scholarships, just like it does every other kid in America with a high IQ and good grades.

He saved that to pay for his education and graduated with a BA Economics and Political Science, Miami University of Ohio (1992)

What you don't seem to grasp is that he was only 16 when he worked at McDonalds. You know nothing of his mother and have no right to be judgmental of this family.

Why don't you look into Obama's government assistance as a foreign student. Tell us where Obama got all his money and who paid for his education --- then you have a right to complain.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45435 Aug 13, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
When a father dies when the child is still under 18, the mother qualifies for Social Security to help with raising the child without the other parent. This applies to everyone, including you should that happen to you. His mother gave him her monthly allotment, and so what? He had the foresight to save it for his education. His father died at a relatively young age of 55, and just maybe she saw a future for her child, and just maybe she did not need the money since his father was an attorney and might have set her up with an insurance policy.
It's pretty apparent that he is highly intelligent, most likely and honor student which would have qualified him for scholarships, just like it does every other kid in America with a high IQ and good grades.
He saved that to pay for his education and graduated with a BA Economics and Political Science, Miami University of Ohio (1992)
What you don't seem to grasp is that he was only 16 when he worked at McDonalds. You know nothing of his mother and have no right to be judgmental of this family.
Why don't you look into Obama's government assistance as a foreign student. Tell us where Obama got all his money and who paid for his education --- then you have a right to complain.
Jay, you say things so much more "calmly" than I do...OR can!
But, I don't only deal with THIS crazy board there are others.
Like this FOOL:

Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU have respect? HE has respect? And don't forget, American er hmm Lady, I daily easily push you birthers lower than the dredged river bottom, do it all with no vulgarity, no cussing, no "à la LRS" filthy epiteths, or profanity, which is something you loser vocabulary-challenged and uneducated holy roller birthers are just not able to do. How frustrating it must be to carry such a load of ignorance, how it must suck to be you, to be LRS, to be just sayin, to be your canuck friend and nutball JBH, to be Rogue, to be a Goat that needs a proctologist, to be a GB, to be a Rush, to be American ha ha girl etc. Must be hard, no? All together, you don't amount to a pile of fresh farm manure.
==========

MY reply was:
WHERE is any "profanity" in mine?
YES, I "can" lose my cool occasionally, when I get "fed up" with you "obots IGNORANCE"....but there's NO profanity.......
It TAKES the patience of a SAINT to put up with this CRAP daily....

B
U
T

I've done IT this LONG.....
NOT stopping now :)
Til November .....:~)

==========

That is mainly WHY I copy/paste so many of my comments, instead of making my own.... can't STAND a LOT of the "ignorance" on here! Soooo, really HARD to respond! You DO know the ones I'm talking about :)
frank

Oakland, CA

#45436 Aug 13, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes, yes all I'm saying when he had a chance to use Gov't money given to him he accepted and put it use as he should! Why would he now want the Gov't to stop doing the same for others? I think it’s a reasonable question ...
Jay

Paris, TN

#45437 Aug 13, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, yes, yes all I'm saying when he had a chance to use Gov't money given to him he accepted and put it use as he should! Why would he now want the Gov't to stop doing the same for others? I think it’s a reasonable question ...

Frank --- I have been reading his web site, it's huge and takes time to go through it all, but I don't see anywhere where he says he doesn't want the same as he got for others. What he's saying and he is right is, we will not be able to sustain the path we are taking. Too many people on government aid, all kinds of government aid. Billion/Trillions all coming from people busting butt to make a living for themselves and their families. You can't keep taking from the haves and giving to the have-nots, it's resented by those who work hard and find it almost impossible to keep up themselves.

Obama wants to print money as we need it. He wants to legalize 1.8 million illegals to compete with those out job hunting now - and I know several people doing this right now - and the most they can get is part time. Who can live on four hours a day's salary?!! That puts these people on government assistance. And we go round and round spinning our wheels!

You folks who want to tax the small businesses scare them into not wanting to hire for fear that they won't be able to maintain their businesses. And if they can't they simply lay off and double the work load on those who are there. This is the real world, not the multi-multi- millionaires lifestyle these other folks live in.

What is it about we can't keep growing government and expect to ever get out of debt that some people just don't get? You and I can only spend up to our credit card limit. After that we pay huge penalties or we just ask for a few thousand more on the card to cover our over spending going further and further in debt. It's so simple. Government is doing this every minute of the day. Where do you think this kind of illogic spending is going to take us? Do you not worry about this?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45438 Aug 13, 2012
The world is a dangerous place, not because of
those who do evil, but because of those who
look on and do nothing.
~ Albert Einstein
Jerry

Radcliff, KY

#45439 Aug 13, 2012
This November is gonna be a Butt-whooping most democrats wont believe. We are going to make the 2010 mid-elect look like a baseball warmup.

Romney=Ryan FTW!

Support your local TEA PARTY!
Jay

Paris, TN

#45441 Aug 13, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>

Like this FOOL:
Jacques Ottawa wrote:
<quoted text>

Who is this lowlife Canadian? He or she should stay on their side of the border and worry about what's going on up there. They don't live here, they don't deal with American issues, and if they have nothing to contribute other than blasphemous remarks, I probably would have said this and ended with KMA!!!

As for copy and paste. If you do some don't like it, if you don't you get accused of not having a reliable source. So copy and paste is easier. You didn't say it, but you want others to read it without you having to leave half of it out. I have no problem with someone applying a source to their opinion. In a way it has more credibility. A chat board like this is a great way to exchange ideas, bring forth some things you may not be aware of: enlighten and challenge. There is nothing wrong with a good debate, but if you call me an a$$ most likely I will return with a comment.

This comment to you: "All together, you don't amount to a pile of fresh farm manure." Shows ignorance and immaturity. Consider the source!!!
Syl

Flatwoods, KY

#45443 Aug 13, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the winds of change you hear.
Jay

Paris, TN

#45444 Aug 13, 2012
This is a NEWSMAX
poll:

Monday August 13, 2012

If the election were held today, who would you vote for?
----------
Barack Obama - Joe Biden
397,982(30%)

Mitt Romney - Paul Ryan
857,353(66%)

Other
41,998(3%)

Are you more likely to vote for Mitt Romney because Paul Ryan is his VP?
----------

More Likely
880,163(67%)

Less Likely
401,778(30%)

Doesn't change my opinion of Romney
15,236(1%)

Which party should run congress?
----------

Republican
787,139(60%)

Democratic
356,816(27%)

147,164(11%)

To close the federal deficit, Congress and the President should
----------

Raise taxes
130,042(10%)

Cut spending
397,620(30%)

Cut taxes and cut spending
671,519(52%)

Raise taxes and increase spending
85,819(6%)

Do you favor significant cuts to Medicare?
----------

Yes, cut Medicare significantly
207,941(16%)

No, don't cut Medicare significantly
1,064,627(83%)

NEWSMAX.COM
America's News Page
© 2012 Newsmax Media, Inc.
All Rights Reserved

American Lady

Danville, KY

#45445 Aug 13, 2012
Jay wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is this lowlife Canadian? He or she should stay on their side of the border and worry about what's going on up there. They don't live here, they don't deal with American issues, and if they have nothing to contribute other than blasphemous remarks, I probably would have said this and ended with KMA!!!
As for copy and paste. If you do some don't like it, if you don't you get accused of not having a reliable source. So copy and paste is easier. You didn't say it, but you want others to read it without you having to leave half of it out. I have no problem with someone applying a source to their opinion. In a way it has more credibility. A chat board like this is a great way to exchange ideas, bring forth some things you may not be aware of: enlighten and challenge. There is nothing wrong with a good debate, but if you call me an a$$ most likely I will return with a comment.
This comment to you: "All together, you don't amount to a pile of fresh farm manure." Shows ignorance and immaturity. Consider the source!!!
Thanks Jay!
I know :)
Jay

Paris, TN

#45446 Aug 13, 2012
American Lady wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Jay!
I know :)
++++++++++

I know you do.

I was laughing to myself, someone flamed the Newmax poll as clueless. It's on their site, you can go there yourself and vote. Count the number of people who participated. I guess they're all clueless.........LOL......... 8D

PS: Keep'em comin' you had some good stuff today which I need to go back and read here sometime soon.
john

Perris, CA

#45447 Aug 13, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Issa suing Holder over 'Fast and Furious'
For refusing to provide documents in fatal operation
http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/issa-suing-holder-...
Darrell Issa to Sue Eric Holder Monday
By Jonathan Strong
Roll Call Staff
Aug. 12, 2012, 7:43 p.m.
House Oversight and Government Reform Chairman Darrell Issa plans to sue Attorney General Eric Holder on Monday for refusing to provide documents related to the "Fast and Furious" gun-smuggling operation.
"The committee expects to file the civil contempt suit against the attorney general Monday," a Republican source said. The suit will be filed in the federal district court for the District of Columbia.
http://www.rollcall.com/news/darrell_issa_to_...
...some articles are saying, the drug lord caught, is talking a lot. saying, its not about "gun running" as much, rather holder traded guns for information. there are more and more info daily. that the truth is, trading info for guns.
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45449 Aug 13, 2012
Manifesto puts Hillary chief in Saudi plot
Huma Abedin worked for family institute tied to establishing Islamic America

Although President Obama lavishly praised her over the weekend as an “American patriot,” a manifesto commissioned by the ruling Saudi Arabian monarchy effectively places the work of an institute that employed Secretary of State Hillary Clinton’s deputy chief of staff at the forefront of a grand plan to mobilize U.S. Muslim minorities to transform America into a Saudi-style Islamic state, according to an Arabic-language researcher.

Clinton’s top aide, Huma Abedin, was an assistant editor for a dozen years for the Journal of Muslim Minority Affairs for the Institute for Muslim Minority Affairs. The institute – founded by her late father and currently directed by her mother – is backed by the Muslim World League, an Islamic organization found in the Saudi holy city of Mecca that was founded by Muslim Brotherhood leaders.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/manifesto-puts-hil...
American Lady

Danville, KY

#45450 Aug 13, 2012
Mitt's 'damn-the-torpedoes!' decision
Pat Buchanan calls Paul Ryan 'a man of principles and conservative philosophy'

http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/mitts-damn-the-tor...

Rush: Economy to rocket with Ryan win
'The moment it's known that Obama's out of office'

http://www.wnd.com/2012/08/rush-economy-to-ro...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr Southern democrat 2,026
Debbie Jackson (Apr '12) 2 hr wtf 35
GCSB approves MAXIMUM tax hike allowed without ... 6 hr GCSD supporter 30
just what we need one more black in office 6 hr Funny 12
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 7 hr birdistheword 81,602
trade day 7 hr pdq 2
Dead inside 9 hr saying a prayer f... 28
•••
•••
Mayfield Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••