who will you vote for for graves coun...

who will you vote for for graves county sheriff

Created by wondering on Jan 14, 2010

906 votes

Click on an option to vote

gary west

dewayne redmon

jamie mills

TO just the facts

Madisonville, KY

#43 Jan 16, 2010
Just The Facts Please wrote:
<quoted text>
What I don't like is when so much negative stuff is put about anyone on this thing PERIOD. If someone is going to get on here & say negative things about 1 person that are not true or half truths, then it is only fair that the same is done to the other.
Lies are being posted here about Mills. What I put on here about Redmon is true.
As for whomever wins the election, I do hope it is Mills. It's not because I have anything against Redmon personally. I just think he is too much of the "old way" of doing things.
One more point. Just because Redmon is seen on TV or in the paper doesn't mean that he's in charge or investigating everything he talks about. He was doing his job during the ice storm. He did it well but that doesn't mean that he did anything better than any other emergency worker during that time. They all did their job well. Redmon is on TV or in the paper because he is the one in charge of public relations....
you need to quit while your behind and practice what you preach and stop slinging CRAP!
WalterTShagnasty

Paducah, KY

#44 Jan 16, 2010
Well old Walter has come out of retirement, STAY TUNED The party will be starting! Very Soon!
Watching and Waiting

Benton, KY

#45 Jan 17, 2010
WalterTShagnasty wrote:
Well old Walter has come out of retirement, STAY TUNED The party will be starting! Very Soon!
Let the games begin.
semper fi

Mayfield, KY

#46 Jan 17, 2010
Just The Facts Please wrote:
<quoted text>
What I don't like is when so much negative stuff is put about anyone on this thing PERIOD. If someone is going to get on here & say negative things about 1 person that are not true or half truths, then it is only fair that the same is done to the other.
Lies are being posted here about Mills. What I put on here about Redmon is true.
As for whomever wins the election, I do hope it is Mills. It's not because I have anything against Redmon personally. I just think he is too much of the "old way" of doing things.
One more point. Just because Redmon is seen on TV or in the paper doesn't mean that he's in charge or investigating everything he talks about. He was doing his job during the ice storm. He did it well but that doesn't mean that he did anything better than any other emergency worker during that time. They all did their job well. Redmon is on TV or in the paper because he is the one in charge of public relations....
I kind of like "OLD SCHOOL" redmon has done a good job for graves co.
cuba-farmington 86

Kirksey, KY

#47 Jan 18, 2010
OK...I cannot believe that I am even going to post on this wretched website full of trash. This is maybe the 2nd or 3rd time I've even been on this site; however, I can't help but comment on this particular subject. I personally know all 3 candidates, but obviously this discussion concerns the 2 official runners...Dewayne and Jamie (for your information, Gary has not even filed). The question I ask each of you who are so quick to point out everyone's faults...have you thought about the families of these people? Because at the end of the day, that's what they are...PEOPLE...who have families and children that could possibly hear that there are posts on the internet about their daddies. We are talking about elementary and middle school kids here. I know both of the wives of these men, and it is a shame for people like you to put these families through this nonsense! I understand that when you run for a political office, this kind of filth comes out. It's funny to me that both these men have committed to running a clean campaign, but people like you are the ones bringing up the trash. Obviously, no one is perfect...we all have our faults, pasts, whatever. We have to look at the qualifications of the 2 people we have to choose from. Who is better qualified to serve our county...not who has cheated on their wife more. I am sure both candidates have made mistakes in the past that they will have to answer for to GOD, not us, so take that out of the equation and look at who is more qualified to do the job. We only have 2 people to choose from at this point. You have to vote for one or the other...or just don't vote, which doesn't solve anything. So look at thier job history...and pick the better candidate. Have a little bit of compassion for these men and their families when you're thinking of posting trash to this site. They have chosen to subject themselves to this crap because they both believe they have more to offer our county than what might come up in their personal past.
Soul

Paducah, KY

#48 Jan 18, 2010
I guess my vote would be for Redmon he has been with the same job for years and has the experience to go with it. Any trash on him has already been made public and is done and over with. Jamie Mills has had several jobs and has lost them. Jamie Mills could have helped a family out of a legal situation but was scared things would come out about himself and his wife would find out. someone who would hide their car to talk to someone must have something to hide.
Soul

Paducah, KY

#49 Jan 23, 2010
heard mills is sending outletteres to his family and friends wanting their vote, wanting their money and to put yard sign in their yard, Mills why would you even send a letter to your cousins that for the most part you don't even know. when your family needed you you didn't want to get involved!!! Why would we think you'd make a good sheriff?????? maybe someday you'll realize what family is.
Tell the Truth

Benton, KY

#50 Jan 24, 2010
I believe that the ethics of the person running for the office should be the most important factor that voters consider when making their decision on who to vote for. Especially for this position.
There are some law enforcement officers in this area that could use some good ethics training.
If Jamie Mills is an ethical law enforcement officer he will come forward about what he knows in the Jessica Currin case. He was the lead investigator on that case and with his knowledge has to know that the true facts have not came out.
The Austin Leech trial revealed a portion of the lies. Still no one in the law enforcement or the judicial system does any thing. The Currins and the families and friends of those wrongfully charged deserved the truth. Our legal system supposed to be based on the truth, not just throwing a case together and getting people to follow a script in order to get a conviction.
Jamie Mills do what is ethical, expose this injustice, and I and others will support you. It is your choice. Do the right thing.
changes

London, KY

#51 Jan 24, 2010
Did it ever occur to you people that he just didn't want to get involved period? I mean if you're saying he didn't get involved with a family problem; why is that a bad thing? That's the best way to stay out of family affairs that are troublesome.

@tell the truth Give it a rest already! If they didn't find Leech guilty, why are you still crying about it?
trooper cadet

Owensboro, KY

#52 Jan 24, 2010
I too said I would not get on here and post anything negative about either man because I knowthem both WELL. But I have heard a 'new rumor' that needs some attention brought to light. There was a female who was working in the court system here in Graves Co.( sry but I do not know her name) she wants to be an officer so she applied and was hired in Clinton. Just last week she quit that dept. and is back working in the courts here in Graves.I was told she quit Clinton because she was sent on a domestic violance call just last week ( you've got to know that this girl has not been to the academy, there for she would not know how to handle these kinds of calls without some help from another officer who has had the training, this is not about her)from my understanding she called Jamie for some help and guidence and he REFUSED to help her. I was told she had to call KSP and get help froma Trooper ( yea trooper,notice my name,lol)If he wont help his fellow officer can WE as residents of this county really expect him to help us!!! Think about it!!
cole

Mayfield, KY

#53 Jan 24, 2010
Tell the Truth wrote:
I believe that the ethics of the person running for the office should be the most important factor that voters consider when making their decision on who to vote for. Especially for this position.
There are some law enforcement officers in this area that could use some good ethics training.
If Jamie Mills is an ethical law enforcement officer he will come forward about what he knows in the Jessica Currin case. He was the lead investigator on that case and with his knowledge has to know that the true facts have not came out.
The Austin Leech trial revealed a portion of the lies. Still no one in the law enforcement or the judicial system does any thing. The Currins and the families and friends of those wrongfully charged deserved the truth. Our legal system supposed to be based on the truth, not just throwing a case together and getting people to follow a script in order to get a conviction.
Jamie Mills do what is ethical, expose this injustice, and I and others will support you. It is your choice. Do the right thing.
jamie mills never revlealled anything or unravelled anything in reference to the curring case that would be beneficial. The case is over and people need to quit bitching about what happened in the trial. The right people are in jail and justice was served.
Tell the Truth

Benton, KY

#54 Jan 24, 2010
Well Cole how do you know so much? People should never quit fighting for an honest justice system.
Soul

Paducah, KY

#55 Jan 24, 2010
The justice system is no good, and if you believe in something you should never stop fighting for it. why shouldn't he get involved in a family problem because he could have and did have the answers we needed, he was already involved before we ask for his help. ask yourself this Mills has had at least 2 or 3 state jobs and was let go! why?
blue

Benton, KY

#56 Jan 24, 2010
Sounds like "soul" is out for revenge. Ive kind of been reading between the lines and you must be Jamie's family, am i right?!
Soul

Paducah, KY

#57 Jan 24, 2010
Yes i am part of his family, all I want is honesty from him. he came to us with imformation that could have helped us and then changed his mind because he was scared things could come out about himself and his wife would find out. he had already lost his job aksp because of the imformation he knew.
red mag

Benton, KY

#58 Jan 25, 2010
trooper cadet wrote:
I too said I would not get on here and post anything negative about either man because I knowthem both WELL. But I have heard a 'new rumor' that needs some attention brought to light. There was a female who was working in the court system here in Graves Co.( sry but I do not know her name) she wants to be an officer so she applied and was hired in Clinton. Just last week she quit that dept. and is back working in the courts here in Graves.I was told she quit Clinton because she was sent on a domestic violance call just last week ( you've got to know that this girl has not been to the academy, there for she would not know how to handle these kinds of calls without some help from another officer who has had the training, this is not about her)from my understanding she called Jamie for some help and guidence and he REFUSED to help her. I was told she had to call KSP and get help froma Trooper ( yea trooper,notice my name,lol)If he wont help his fellow officer can WE as residents of this county really expect him to help us!!! Think about it!!

Just listen to yourself,talking about rumors and things you heard .Your not exactly saying much for your profession.
just wondering

Paducah, KY

#59 Jan 26, 2010
Maybe mills should take over Tracy House job in Clinton, he should fit in there pretty good.
Vote 4 Teresa

London, KY

#60 Jan 26, 2010
You people are wrong for getting on here & saying the things you do about people. You make it so obvious that your feelings are personal & that you just want to hurt people.

It seems like some of you are very jealous of this man.
xxxxxx

Boaz, KY

#61 Jan 26, 2010
Jamie Mills is a great guy. Hope he wins. Lots of people go on what they heard. I get to know the person first hand.
Interested Party

Benton, KY

#62 Jan 26, 2010
It will be interesting to watch his campaign. I would say that the ethics of a candidate for this position would be of great importance. Around here that might not make that much difference. From what I have seen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fancy Farm Picnic 2 hr ranger o1 13
Larry and vanessa 6 hr Run though 7
Kayla derevage (May '11) 9 hr noname 12
End Corruption Now 10 hr I is yo ho 3
Remington closing soon? 14 hr purple 9
cell phones down 16 hr ranger o1 2
sam lockett 22 hr They jealous 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mayfield Mortgages