gun control and school shooting

Posted in the Mayfield Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
can not have mine

United States

#1 Dec 14, 2012
Obama is going to use this to impliment gun control. He said we were going to have to take "meaningful action regardless of the politics."
The Stinker

Hickory, KY

#2 Dec 14, 2012
After the assasinations of Martin Luther King and Bobby Kennedy, the democrats in Washington instituted the Gun Control Act of 1968 so this kind of thing would not happen again. Guess what! Gun control does not work. It never has.

Ted Kennedy has killed more people with his Oldsmobile than I have with my gun.

More people have died in automobile accidents than killed with guns. Maybe we should outlaw cars.

Guns don't cause crime. Using that kind of logic you can only assume that forks cause obesity and pencils cause spelling errors. But I would not expect a politician to understand that.
thegreenthumb

Paducah, KY

#3 Dec 15, 2012
Gun control is not the answer. The problem is that we have become a sick society. The harsh reality is, that unless every gun is removed this will continue to happen, but I don't want some politian telling me I can't own a gun.

My heart breaks for all these families. I'm a parent and grandparent and when I first saw the news, it took my breath away. Lord, please help everyone involved find peace and comfort.
Ben Franklin

United States

#4 Dec 15, 2012
I hear this pure bs guns don't kill people people kill people guess what they do it with guns this country has 10 times the shootings than any other country that's a fact something needs to change ASAP
tbmc40

Benton, KY

#5 Dec 15, 2012
Ben Franklin wrote:
I hear this pure bs guns don't kill people people kill people guess what they do it with guns this country has 10 times the shootings than any other country that's a fact something needs to change ASAP
the only bs is what is coming out of your mouth!!!
Ben Franklin

Murray, KY

#6 Dec 15, 2012
tbmc40 wrote:
<quoted text>the only bs is what is coming out of your mouth!!!
really you idiot tell that to the parents of the kids that were shot down yesterday these where babies what killed them if it wasn't a gun he sure as hell didn't just look at them and killed them yes that guy had issues and then put a gun in his hand and his issues become the issues of these young children for no reason other than big man with a gun complex and facts are facts our country has at least 10 times more violent crimes with guns that any other prove me wrong on that facts are you can't
can not have mine

Caledonia, IL

#7 Dec 15, 2012
Ben Franklin wrote:
If the government were to outlaw guns, do you really think that the criminals and crazy people will willingly hand over theirs too??? So the government takes all the honest people's guns then we set here at the mercy of all the criminals and crazies??? PLEASE help me understand how that would be a good thing. Okay, say the government somehow takes all the guns away from everybody and the government is the only one left that has guns. Have you took a good look at the countries where the government has guns and the citizens don't? Let me name you just a couple - Iran, China.
tbmc40

Benton, KY

#8 Dec 15, 2012
Ben Franklin wrote:
<quoted text>really you idiot tell that to the parents of the kids that were shot down yesterday these where babies what killed them if it wasn't a gun he sure as hell didn't just look at them and killed them yes that guy had issues and then put a gun in his hand and his issues become the issues of these young children for no reason other than big man with a gun complex and facts are facts our country has at least 10 times more violent crimes with guns that any other prove me wrong on that facts are you can't
your a dumbass a gun is a tool just like a hammer or a knife anything can be a weapon!!!
busted

Gadsden, AL

#9 Dec 15, 2012
Ben Franklin wrote:
<quoted text>really you idiot tell that to the parents of the kids that were shot down yesterday these where babies what killed them if it wasn't a gun he sure as hell didn't just look at them and killed them yes that guy had issues and then put a gun in his hand and his issues become the issues of these young children for no reason other than big man with a gun complex and facts are facts our country has at least 10 times more violent crimes with guns that any other prove me wrong on that facts are you can't
Sick people who want to murder others will find a way without guns. Let's see...there's rope, knives, cars, poison, pipes, fists, hammers, etc. Shall we also outlaw nails so noone can kill someone by stabbing them in the eyes with them? How about we outlaw penicillin because someone could get that and give it to someone who is allergic to murder them.

The problem isn't the guns...unless you consider the fact that gun control has made it difficult for law abiding citizens to carry a gun for protection. That's what's wrong with it. If those teachers were allowed to carry they could have dropped the killer and noone else would have died. Sorry if that's harsh, but welcome to the real world where your theories of gun control won't work. Taking guns from law abiding citizens who will obey gun control laws does not remove them from the hands of criminals who clearly have no interest in following the law!

They can have my guns...when they are brave enough to take the bulletts.
busted

Gadsden, AL

#10 Dec 15, 2012
can not have mine wrote:
<quoted text>
If the government were to outlaw guns, do you really think that the criminals and crazy people will willingly hand over theirs too??? So the government takes all the honest people's guns then we set here at the mercy of all the criminals and crazies??? PLEASE help me understand how that would be a good thing. Okay, say the government somehow takes all the guns away from everybody and the government is the only one left that has guns. Have you took a good look at the countries where the government has guns and the citizens don't? Let me name you just a couple - Iran, China.
Well said! The purpose of the freedom to bear arms is to allow the state to form militias among the citizens should the government decide to overstep and a coup needs to happen. It is our right to own guns that keeps the government in check because they know we will not stand for it. That was the purpose of the law, and it's worked for over 200 years. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

If they truly want to cut out these types of crimes, then stop putting these criminals in prison with three square hot meals, a nice bed, a workout gym, and all the amenities they don't want to get a job and pay for. Stick em in the heat and cold on chain gangs and make prison so harsh no person in their right mind would want to go!
can not have mine

Caledonia, IL

#11 Dec 15, 2012
thegreenthumb wrote:
Gun control is not the answer. The problem is that we have become a sick society. The harsh reality is, that unless every gun is removed this will continue to happen, but I don't want some politian telling me I can't own a gun.
My heart breaks for all these families. I'm a parent and grandparent and when I first saw the news, it took my breath away. Lord, please help everyone involved find peace and comfort.
Thegreenthumb, you have hit the nail right square on the head! The problem is what our society has become, SICK! We see every day even right here on our own hometown Topix website. For example, when somebody dies in whatever horrific way, people feel perfectly fine making cruel remarks not caring in the least who they hurt. So many people just DO NOT CARE about anybody else whatsoever! That is the problem! How did we get here? Just look at the video games, music, movies, tv programs, etc. What can you possibly expect when our young people (and adults) fill their heads with this SH*T daily? Then there is the fact that parents just don't have much time for their kids anymore. They see that their kids are "entertained to death" but as far as spending some quality one on one time with their kids without it being centered around a movie, video game, etc, forget it! Then there are the kids growing up in broken homes, a lot of times no father active in their life. Their mother is working her ass off trying to keep things going. How is she supposed to have enough time for the kids. And occassionally it is the other way around, a father and no mother. Well no doubt this society is only going to get worse. There are a lot of evil people. Nobody cares about anybody else like they use to.
I saw that the opening of the new Tom Cruise movie has been postponed. They said it was just inapropriate at this time. Well if it is not fit to be released at this time it should be seen as unfit to be released at any time.
Ben Franklin

United States

#12 Dec 15, 2012
I never said outlaw guns it just needs to be harder to buy and sell them you can find them at trade day or on Facebook guns are very easy to get and they need to be not as available and definitely there needs to be a psychological test that needs to be passed before anyone can purchase a gun and that test needs to be taken once every two or three years this would help weed out some of the people with issues everyone should have the right to own a gun and by no means will that eliminate all of the violence with guns being used but it might cut out some something needs to change is all I'm saying these kids died for no reason at all and we all as American have the right to own a gun and that's fine but didn't these children have a right to live a long and productive life yes they did but they will never have a chance to do so because of a mad man with a gun
can not have mine

Caledonia, IL

#13 Dec 15, 2012
How about we bring up something else - It is a fact that 20 helpless children were gunned down yesterday for no reason. And like most people, it has broke my heart too. I just can't imagine being in those parent's shoes. The pain must be the worst anybody could ever experience. BUT a whole lot more than 20 children were murdered yesterday right here in the United States and nobody gave it a second thought. It happens five days a week in abortion clinics around this nation. We have grown so cold and so sick as a society that those murders are seen as acceptable. Are we so screwed in the head that we mourn those 20 kids but could care less about the 1,000's that WE murder every single year, year after year? And yes WE murder them because WE allow it to legally happen. Those babies that are murdered every single day are no different than the 20 that were murdered yesterday.

It is almost funny that we see this guy that murdered the 20 as some kind of MONSTER, yet we are just fine with the abortion doctor who murders children daily. And he didn't even have to use a gun. Would it be any worse if the abortion doctor did use a gun? Boy we sure are screwed up!
Ben Franklin

United States

#14 Dec 15, 2012
tbmc40 wrote:
<quoted text>your a dumbass a gun is a tool just like a hammer or a knife anything can be a weapon!!!
a gun is tool yeah that's why lowes and Home Depot sells them right next to the power tools come on man really like a said your s idiot
Ben Franklin

United States

#15 Dec 15, 2012
can not have mine wrote:
How about we bring up something else - It is a fact that 20 helpless children were gunned down yesterday for no reason. And like most people, it has broke my heart too. I just can't imagine being in those parent's shoes. The pain must be the worst anybody could ever experience. BUT a whole lot more than 20 children were murdered yesterday right here in the United States and nobody gave it a second thought. It happens five days a week in abortion clinics around this nation. We have grown so cold and so sick as a society that those murders are seen as acceptable. Are we so screwed in the head that we mourn those 20 kids but could care less about the 1,000's that WE murder every single year, year after year? And yes WE murder them because WE allow it to legally happen. Those babies that are murdered every single day are no different than the 20 that were murdered yesterday.
It is almost funny that we see this guy that murdered the 20 as some kind of MONSTER, yet we are just fine with the abortion doctor who murders children daily. And he didn't even have to use a gun. Would it be any worse if the abortion doctor did use a gun? Boy we sure are screwed up!
your right on with this and that guy was a monster babies are babies all should have a chance to live
can not have mine

Caledonia, IL

#16 Dec 15, 2012
Ben Franklin wrote:
I never said outlaw guns it just needs to be harder to buy and sell them you can find them at trade day or on Facebook guns are very easy to get and they need to be not as available and definitely there needs to be a psychological test that needs to be passed before anyone can purchase a gun and that test needs to be taken once every two or three years this would help weed out some of the people with issues everyone should have the right to own a gun and by no means will that eliminate all of the violence with guns being used but it might cut out some something needs to change is all I'm saying these kids died for no reason at all and we all as American have the right to own a gun and that's fine but didn't these children have a right to live a long and productive life yes they did but they will never have a chance to do so because of a mad man with a gun
Ben Franklin, that boy took those two guns from his mother who owned them legally. He also shot her in the face and killed her. This wasn't a case of some wacko legally buying a gun by passing a background check. The problem is usually society, not guns. Who knows what caused this young man to snap, but he did. He had a mental problem, he wasn't just evil. He had Autism. With the rate of Autism, ADD/ADHA, etc on the rise as it is, I can only imagine that these kinds of things are only going to get worse. You would not believe the percent of children in public schools who have mental problems and behavioral problems that they label as mental problems. One example is the "defiance disorder" where kids refuse to mind and want to fight anybody who tries to make them mind, including their teachers. What do you think it is going to be like when all these kids grow up? It would scare the crap out of you if you knew the actual percentage of these kids in our local schools. Somebody needs to find the answer to this. One huge factor is the society we live in but there are other factors. I believe childhood vaccines and the food we are eating is causing the majority of these mental problems in kids. Not to mention if their parents are drug users. It is going to get worse and guns have nothing to do with it.
Ben Franklin

Murray, KY

#17 Dec 15, 2012
can not have mine wrote:
<quoted text>
Ben Franklin, that boy took those two guns from his mother who owned them legally. He also shot her in the face and killed her. This wasn't a case of some wacko legally buying a gun by passing a background check. The problem is usually society, not guns. Who knows what caused this young man to snap, but he did. He had a mental problem, he wasn't just evil. He had Autism. With the rate of Autism, ADD/ADHA, etc on the rise as it is, I can only imagine that these kinds of things are only going to get worse. You would not believe the percent of children in public schools who have mental problems and behavioral problems that they label as mental problems. One example is the "defiance disorder" where kids refuse to mind and want to fight anybody who tries to make them mind, including their teachers. What do you think it is going to be like when all these kids grow up? It would scare the crap out of you if you knew the actual percentage of these kids in our local schools. Somebody needs to find the answer to this. One huge factor is the society we live in but there are other factors. I believe childhood vaccines and the food we are eating is causing the majority of these mental problems in kids. Not to mention if their parents are drug users. It is going to get worse and guns have nothing to do with it.
yes i agree with most of what you are saying but the key things is a crazy with a gun and there is no two ways to dispute that it's fact you can blame the people with the issues all day long but the facts are a gun is the weapon of choice in most these cases it's these two things that are a deadly combination and there's no way around that if your for or against gun and gun control
can not have mine

Caledonia, IL

#18 Dec 15, 2012
Ben Franklin wrote:
<quoted text> yes i agree with most of what you are saying but the key things is a crazy with a gun and there is no two ways to dispute that it's fact you can blame the people with the issues all day long but the facts are a gun is the weapon of choice in most these cases it's these two things that are a deadly combination and there's no way around that if your for or against gun and gun control
If it wasn't a gun used as a weapon it would just be something else. Anybody with that much rage will find a way to hurt people whether it be with a knife, a car, a bomb, poison, etc. I feel sorry for that young man because he had some serious problems going on. He wasn't just evil. I'm sure he had been miserable for a long time. Too bad somebody couldn't help him.
The Stinker

Hickory, KY

#19 Dec 15, 2012
Ben Franklin wrote:
What changes would you like to see?
The Stinker

Hickory, KY

#20 Dec 15, 2012
Ben Franklin wrote:
I don't feel a need take a test of any kind every two or three years to humor some idiot. I think you need to have yor meds changed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Remington layoffs and the classy way they did it (Apr '14) 1 hr time for change 98
Justice for Jessica currin 1 hr Lol 273
farthing street family dollar 1 hr Christ died of AIDs 12
I need u 2 hr crazy people 2
jason king 4 hr really 7
Fancy Farm Picnic 6 hr Christ died of AIDs 6
Amish Chicks Hairy or shaved 10 hr bubbles 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mayfield Mortgages