The union kills another company

The union kills another company

Posted in the Mayfield Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Willy Urbina

Tucker, GA

#1 Nov 16, 2012
Another great job by greedy union worker thanks to these idiots another American company shuts its doors Hostess shuts down all plants and 18,000-19,000 jobs lost thanks to the greedy union when will people get it unions don't work for America anymore I guess these idiots will get it once every company is owned by China
What is going on

United States

#2 Nov 16, 2012
True... same thing happened to Goodyear in Union City... sorry union bastards!!!
Proud Union Member

Woodstock, IL

#3 Nov 16, 2012
No ur own government is to blame for China owning us dumba$$. Our government is also responsible for NAFTA which why alot of American owned companies now manufacture in Mexico! Its all about the super rich and powerful mostly Republicans. Hell with all us middle class working men and women. This country was built on union work.
Mee2

Mayfield, KY

#4 Nov 16, 2012
Proud Union Member wrote:
No ur own government is to blame for China owning us dumba$$. Our government is also responsible for NAFTA which why alot of American owned companies now manufacture in Mexico! Its all about the super rich and powerful mostly Republicans. Hell with all us middle class working men and women. This country was built on union work.
Do you realize a democratic president put Nafta into affect.
I agree the unions have done wonders for creating working conditions for the working man. It has also been influential in getting th working man a decent wage.
But do you realize you fully support som of the most rich and powerful democrats! Do you not understand that the unions have become a business. It's no longer what the unions do for you, but how much money can they make. The unions are now corporations.
I agree with some of your statement, but you need to realize the facts of the unions being a business and Clinton signing nafta... Also the democrats support all the entitlement programs to which people have been amusing and the middle class have to support.
The average middle class workers doesn't hire many people to work. I agree some large corporations have become crooked, but how many businesses do you know of that can survive losing money everyday?
Willy Urbina

Tucker, GA

#5 Nov 16, 2012
Proud Union Member wrote:
No ur own government is to blame for China owning us dumba$$. Our government is also responsible for NAFTA which why alot of American owned companies now manufacture in Mexico! Its all about the super rich and powerful mostly Republicans. Hell with all us middle class working men and women. This country was built on union work.
Mee2 is 100% right about Clinton so get your sh*t straight before you run off at the mouth about sh*t you don't know or understand its also Clinton's fault for all the Hispanics in America he opened the borders and let millions in and let big corporations leave for Mexico and china so blam your democrap president Clinton for that
sad

Tucker, GA

#6 Nov 16, 2012
Everyone is right in one way or the other. When factories first started, it was poor working conditions and poorer wages. Union came in and changed that. However, over the years union has become money hungry and hurt more than helped. Clinton is reaponsible for NAFTA. How anyone can say he was wonderful president beats me. Yes I am regestered democrat. I hate to see any company shut down. I love hostess sweets as next person. But I'm more sad about ones losing jobs. Alot of families will be hurting. I'm so sorry for them. The economy is down and it sure doesn't look any better anytime soon. God help us all.
Independent101

Marcus Hook, PA

#7 Nov 16, 2012
My brother works non-union, his tires get slashed and bricks through his windshield. My neighbor had cement poured in his gas tank and his business destroyed. The building inspector wouldn't approve an addition on our house using non-union workers. I know non-union teachers and business owners who are bullied by the union. I am all for treating workers right, but they are getting greedy and it's becoming more and more like organized crime
Alum

Murray, KY

#8 Nov 17, 2012
I'm fine with it. See union people are either too stubborn or too stupid to realize that they're driving factory jobs out of the U.S. This is 2012, there's literally a billion Chinese that will do your job for the fraction of the cost. I don't really worry about it because I actually went and got an education, but its funny listening to union people delude themselves into thinking that unions aren't responsible. Poor ba$tards are too dumb to see that the majority of the jobs being lost are in fact factory jobs... i.e union labor.
Anonymous

Murray, KY

#9 Nov 17, 2012
Your education wont help. In time we will all be in fema camps
Willy Urbina

Murray, KY

#10 Nov 17, 2012
Unions lose far more jobs than they create it's 2012 soon to be 2013 not 1969 so all union people need to get a clue because your job is going to China or Mexico because the union won't fight to save your ass that's a fact jack just look around and see how many jobs in just the Mayfield area that have been lost due to a worthless greedy unions pulling bullsh*t go ahead and keep living in the past once a union was once a great thing but now they need to be voted out all they do is take your money just to sell you down the river these days
CrackerJack

Mayfield, KY

#11 Nov 17, 2012
What is going on wrote:
True... same thing happened to Goodyear in Union City... sorry union bastards!!!
....and Ingersoll Rand and General Tire in Mayfield.
Proud Union Member

Woodstock, IL

#12 Nov 17, 2012
I totally agree with most of what's being said here. I know first hand how greedy unions are now days. I know they're just corporations themselves. I know they don't give a crap about us. However its just a small tool that us "dumba$$" factory workers have to try to earn a decent wage and some benefits this day in time. Also I don't consider myself Democrat or Republican. I vote for the person not the party and unfortunately I didn't give a dang about either of our options this election. I know who actually signed NAFTA into law but do some research before u blad Willy because you may be the dumba$$ not me. In the US, Bush, who had worked to "fast track" the signing prior to the end of his term, ran out of time and had to pass the required ratification and signing into law to incoming president Bill Clinton. Prior to sending it to the United States Senate, Clinton introduced clauses to protect American workers and allay the concerns of many House members. It also required US partners to adhere to environmental practices and regulations similar to its own.
Native Kentuckian

Manhattan, KS

#13 Nov 17, 2012
Willy Urbina wrote:
<quoted text> Mee2 is 100% right about Clinton so get your sh*t straight before you run off at the mouth about sh*t you don't know or understand its also Clinton's fault for all the Hispanics in America he opened the borders and let millions in and let big corporations leave for Mexico and china so blam your democrap president Clinton for that
The NAFTA treaty was not signed by Bill Clinton. It was signed by President George H. W. Bush (Bush I).
oh my

Owensboro, KY

#14 Nov 17, 2012
Walmart did this you wait and see if hostess shelf isn't already full of what Walmart wants you to buy
Willy Urbina

Murray, KY

#15 Nov 17, 2012
Native Kentuckian wrote:
<quoted text>
The NAFTA treaty was not signed by Bill Clinton. It was signed by President George H. W. Bush (Bush I).
Bush signed and agreed to be a part of it with Canada and Mexico but Clinton signed it into law on December 8 1993 so it was Clinton not Bush who did it Bush idea Clinton Law
target

United States

#16 Nov 17, 2012
A large part of 9/11, Iraq, Afghanistan, etc. can also be blamed on Clinton. During his two terms the US was bombed SEVERAL TIMES around the world, including the first WTC bombing. The only time he did anything about it was when he was being investigated for his fling with Monica. Even then he only had an empty warehouse in Africa bombed. The Sudan offered him Bin Laden 2-3 times and he passed. I agree, how anybody could think that he is so wonderful is beyond me! And shoot, look at White Water. How many of him and Hillary's enemies "mysteriously" died.
This country is in deep shit and very few even have a clue!
moon

Mayfield, KY

#17 Nov 17, 2012
All the people bashing unions on here are probally making 8;00 an hour and would love to have a union job to get out of poverty level jobs like we have around here.
sad

Tucker, GA

#18 Nov 17, 2012
@moon....oh hell no! I guess in a way I am bashing unions. But let me tell you something, I am lucky to have a great paying job. That I worked at hard for many years to get where I am at. I have family that worked union jobs past and present. They are nothing but a business, getting rich and doin nothing. I loved history in school. I know how factories once treated people. It was awful. People died alot. Over worked, long hours and very unappreciated. The pay was a joke. Unions were needed and did excellant job. Times have changed and unions, like many other businesses are all about money. I don't see where unions have protected jobs in past few years. My opinion of unions has nothing to do with me being jealous!
moon

Mayfield, KY

#19 Nov 17, 2012
sad.. if you have a great paying job in this area you must be skilled in something or as you say lucky. Ihave no illusions that unions are all good, but if not for union wages being what they are you and other non union workers would not be making the money that you do.your correct that union corporate is corrupt,but it is not fair to say that all union workers are not working hard.as for unions being all for money,i dont no about you but thats why I go to work to support my family.With out unions we would go back to the bad days that you spoke of.
sad

Tucker, GA

#20 Nov 17, 2012
I agree with you.. Its all for our families and our own lively hood as well. I honestly wouldn't think employers would go back to those days.I guess the way things are, anything is possible. We may be owned by china one day then it won't matter at all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MovingtoTown 52 min Yep 2
Womens Suffrage. The fall of america 3 hr Scott 13
Prostitute behind Fresh Cutz? 4 hr Bojangles 1
Industrial Hog Farm in Boaz 5 hr Bad Mom 44
Jeremy (Oct '11) 7 hr Sawyor 7
CVS Pharmacy 7 hr Lyrical 3
heather lawson (May '11) 8 hr Tommyboy 30

Mayfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mayfield Mortgages