Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
65,441 - 65,460 of 81,558 Comments Last updated 15 hrs ago

Since: Dec 12

Decatur, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Raven wrote:
<quoted text> Just watched it...LOL...Convicts, outhouse,and a punkin...Thanks for telling me about that routine. I'd seen a show were Ope tries out for football, but never heard this. And think we Southerners get ridiculed for our big hats and drawls.Well,all I can say they can like it or lump it.
I like the line where the guy slapped him on the back and says "here buddy, have a drank". He says, "why thank you, I thank I will have another big orange" LOL
poof

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Getting this topic back on track, birds are guided by Earth's electromagnetic field and recent seismic activity in the New Madrid fault line has upset the balance. It happens about every 200 years in this area. Look up the quakes of 1811-1812 and you will hear the same accounts recorded from that era. A quake that size now would devastate surrounding regions, back then it was sparsely populated and damage was minimal.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

poof wrote:
Getting this topic back on track, birds are guided by Earth's electromagnetic field and recent seismic activity in the New Madrid fault line has upset the balance. It happens about every 200 years in this area. Look up the quakes of 1811-1812 and you will hear the same accounts recorded from that era. A quake that size now would devastate surrounding regions, back then it was sparsely populated and damage was minimal.
Now that makes sense.
raven

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I like the line where the guy slapped him on the back and says "here buddy, have a drank". He says, "why thank you, I thank I will have another big orange" LOL
Yeah. "have a drank." I loved that about Andy and he seemed like a decent human being. Upon his passing this year, I told my partner that Andy Griffith seemed like a wonderful Gentleman and portrayed the role of Andy as down to earth-my children love the show- he pipes up that it was about time for him to go anyway! You know, the audacity to be that flippant and hateful. I almost said, buddy you're lucky i love you because that attitude shore stinks.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

I was frying the brain thinking of some old tv series that I recall watching like F-Troop,,Have Gun Will Travel,,My Mother the Car,,Petticoat Junction,,Sea Hunt,,, but who could forget the Elvira mistress of darkness ! She was smokin back in the day.
raven

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Marty wrote:
Hell it was about birds dying now it,s about old tv shows and ole una farter doesn,t care he,ll make a stupid comment about anything. And if the damn birds don,t quit shitting all over my suburban (i,m tryig to sell it) a few hundred more are gonna die and i can damn well tell you what killed them(12-guage double barrel did) and ain,t gonna be no damn post made on them birds they,ll just see the end without any fanfare.
Now, the pad for my car was poured when I moved here so I can't help but park under a tree. All I can say is they're the smart ones because the know where to perch. We humans on the other hand,do the greater injustice of interfering with their spots. It was their residence before we took over with our high and mighty human ways.Little, dirty birds. Pitiful.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Hempburn wrote:
I was frying the brain thinking of some old tv series that I recall watching like F-Troop,,Have Gun Will Travel,,My Mother the Car,,Petticoat Junction,,Sea Hunt,,, but who could forget the Elvira mistress of darkness ! She was smokin back in the day.
Car 54, where are you?
Yancey Derringer
Johnny Yuma
Dragnet
Beverly Hillbillies
Green Acres
Cheyene
Lawman
The Big Valley
The High Chapparel
continuing ancient wolf

Friendsville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Rawhide
Gunsmoke
Have Gun Will Travel
Wagon Train
Johnny Yuma (?)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

continuing ancient wolf wrote:
Rawhide
Gunsmoke
Have Gun Will Travel
Wagon Train
Johnny Yuma (?)
Rawhide was probably one of Clint Eastwood's first. He played the role of Rowdy Yates, the ramrod. Eric Fleming was the trail boss, Gil Favor. "Head em up, Move em out".

Johnny Yuma was "The Rebel".. I think that was Nick Adams. It was only on for a couple seasons.

Lee Majors early role was as the half brother Heath Barkley in the Big Valley.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Ward Bond was the Wagon Master on Wagon Train. Probably his only lead role even though he appeared in more westerns than anyone, having been in most all of John Wayne's westerns plus many more.
jessie

Warrensburg, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

If the birds all dropped at once that is definetly something else because even if it was starvation or chemicals they would die seperatly not all at once. weird
Marty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Not my problem it,s my neighbers trees and their damn birds i don,t have any trees a small bush or two,all mine died years ago,damn neighbers feed the bastards and they fly back and forth acroos my damn truck and crap in between,oh hell what can you do but complain. Well i don,t have anything but digital tv local i am tired of them showing the shows over and over again put on something new, doesn,t matter though damn signal goes out every half hour or so,200.00 bucks for an outside antenna and the s.o.b won,t work worth a crap.!!
raven wrote:
<quoted text> Now, the pad for my car was poured when I moved here so I can't help but park under a tree. All I can say is they're the smart ones because the know where to perch. We humans on the other hand,do the greater injustice of interfering with their spots. It was their residence before we took over with our high and mighty human ways.Little, dirty birds. Pitiful.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>LMAO
I thought a bif FAART was after me the other night but it turned out to be a gas well operation shooting rock. LOL I thought I'd had the lick.
I'm glad you are alright, at least you were spared the FAART Fema camp for a while.
Raven

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

I'll be doing all of my drinking on Yule. Eggnog and Gentleman Jack. Way the days are winding down might just finish that bottle...
Raven

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

raven wrote:
Also, birds are put here to help the less fortunate. We need to remember this during the holidays. I've been guilty myself of forgetting this. They are exactly what we need to bring to homes of the less fortunate children and grown ups. People when you're out shopping for Christmas gifts for your family and friends, grab a bag of bird seed and get a bird out of it's nest or somewhere and give it to some child that needs something to have and cherish. Birds are looking for kids to be their owners, they are looking for a child to hold them and wash their feathers and to give them crackers, remember this Christmas, holly wants a cracker, and a bird wants to be loved.
Only bird that I know wants love has bought me lacy lingerie for the holidays...LOL.
high on the hog

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

u people are nuts

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Judged:

Wow, another long day. Stupid deer nearly put my lights out permanantly. Road+ cars+ deer= disaster.
sally

Pikeville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

If the Bible is correct. Gods chosen people will have a better life after Death. If Science is correct at death it's all over. there really no reason for this debate. it has been going on for thousands of years. If you have experienced Gods Spirit nothing or no one can tell you different. anyone that has never experienced Gods spirit will never believe unless they get something they have now. Why all the debates. neither side cannot prove anything for sure unless they have eyes to see with and ears to hear with. there still people that believe man has never been to the moon. I won't say what i believe. it will only cause more debate. more questions that you can't beyond a shadow of a doubt prove anything to the other.
W KY Girl

Decatur, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Marty wrote:
Not my problem it,s my neighbers trees and their damn birds i don,t have any trees a small bush or two,all mine died years ago,damn neighbers feed the bastards and they fly back and forth acroos my damn truck and crap in between,oh hell what can you do but complain. Well i don,t have anything but digital tv local i am tired of them showing the shows over and over again put on something new, doesn,t matter though damn signal goes out every half hour or so,200.00 bucks for an outside antenna and the s.o.b won,t work worth a crap.!!<quoted text>
Hi Marty. Try getting a couple rubber snakes and lay them on your truck. That should cut down on some of the pooping.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

22 Users are viewing the Mayfield Forum right now

Search the Mayfield Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 25 min Train wrecK 1,029
Recruiting for the Lady Eagles!! 45 min WTF 4
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 58 min Limbertwig 146,731
Misbehaving Teachers 2 hr SoapBox 19
Rick Sopczack (2009-2010 anyone?) 3 hr Unknown 2
Wilmas kontry kitchen 3 hr Goku14 2
Thoroughbred Research Group Crisis 3 hr Goku14 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Mayfield Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••