Mayfield Daycares
david

Mayfield, KY

#22 Jan 27, 2011
big granny's is horrible. they have no security at all, u could go in there and snatch up a kid and no one would even ask u a question. my 2 yr old daughter went there and she was potty trained but couldnt do everything by herself. they went her to the bathroom by herself and expected her to wipe herself and everything with no guidance or supervision. SHES 2!!!
Curious

Calhoun, KY

#23 Jan 28, 2011
When is the old little lambs place suppose to open back up? A few months back I saw cars parked outside and people working on the place and now nothing....
BJS

Farmington, KY

#24 Jan 30, 2011
My wife and mother in law at two different times used to work for Janice over at Mother Goose. They would make my wife take a bunch of the kids from one room to another and play a game where they were quiet and hid in the dark when the inspector came. Shift from one room to another, common things like that. After it was realized so much more wrong was happening there, my wife quit. My mother in law hasn't worked there in over 20 years though.
tell me more

Benton, KY

#25 Jan 30, 2011
Did they report it to state?
BJS wrote:
My wife and mother in law at two different times used to work for Janice over at Mother Goose. They would make my wife take a bunch of the kids from one room to another and play a game where they were quiet and hid in the dark when the inspector came. Shift from one room to another, common things like that. After it was realized so much more wrong was happening there, my wife quit. My mother in law hasn't worked there in over 20 years though.
BJS

Farmington, KY

#26 Jan 30, 2011
No. I know they should have but when I did mention it to my wife she said that Janice was in good with the head of whatever that is, they had been lifelong friends or something, and people had tried to report her before but they just got fired. Pretty sure they still do the exact same thing, because years later speaking to someone else that worked there it was the same thing: the "quiet game" in the dark.
BJS

Farmington, KY

#27 Jan 30, 2011
Bringing the inspector in one door and sneaking the kids out the back door. It becomes your word against hers and whatever employees still value their jobs their...yeah a major headache.
OLN

White Plains, KY

#28 Jan 31, 2011
Have you ever though about going a different angle on reporting these things? There has to be another avenue to go about making sure these children are cared for.
ksp

Livermore, KY

#29 Jan 31, 2011
took my daughter to tiny tots for one week,, the worst place I've ever seen,, don't know how brad and anita can raise children when they don't have any of their own.. I quit work to stay home, don't seem to be any decent child care places in mayfield.
ksp

Livermore, KY

#30 Jan 31, 2011
Tiny Tots is the worst daycare in mayfield. We took our daughter there for one week.. She was terrified...Anita needs to have children of her own before she tries to raise someone elses... I had to quit work and stay home... None of the other daycare centers were any good either...
childless

Mayfield, KY

#31 Jan 31, 2011
ksp wrote:
Tiny Tots is the worst daycare in mayfield. We took our daughter there for one week.. She was terrified...Anita needs to have children of her own before she tries to raise someone elses... I had to quit work and stay home... None of the other daycare centers were any good either...
Now you've opened that can of always unspoken worms - that there is something inherently wrong with a woman who is childless. You believe the myth that only a vaginal birth can make a woman know what it means to be a mother. Well, I think you are WRONG, hun. Lots of women who carried and delivered their children shouldn't have been mothers and many of them, as well as their children, will tell you that.

You want to be a smug little insult to all the women who have loved and nurtured children they didn't give birth to. Does it make you feel somehow better about yourself that you spread your legs and pushed out a small watermelon. Well good for you. You keep believing that and I hope someday you find out you were adopted ....BAAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH
joshua H

Paducah, KY

#32 Jan 31, 2011
I used to go to the dirty goose in mayfield.. Janice Watts was the meanest person.. she would load us up in a van and take us on a "picnic" when the state lady was coming.. she always knew the day she was coming... my mom also worked there at one time.. she used to hide the kids in kawanis park on those days... wonder how much Mrs, watts is paying the state lady......glad we moved to paducah.. went to good place here... I would never send my child to the dirty goose...if I lived in mayberry
Concerned

Hillsborough, NJ

#33 Jan 31, 2011
The best daycare in Mayfield is the one Patsy May owns. It is by referral base, she interviews the parents. It is not over run by kids. I would never send my child to any of the other daycare's in town especially the "Dirty Goose"
hummmm

Owensboro, KY

#34 Feb 1, 2011
Concerned wrote:
The best daycare in Mayfield is the one Patsy May owns. It is by referral base, she interviews the parents. It is not over run by kids. I would never send my child to any of the other daycare's in town especially the "Dirty Goose"
What daycare is it she runs?
guess who

Benton, KY

#35 Feb 1, 2011
hay, do us a favor, please, since we don't know how to get this checed into, won't you call and report it and tell them to look on this topic and read things for there selves
OLN wrote:
Have you ever though about going a different angle on reporting these things? There has to be another avenue to go about making sure these children are cared for.
guess who

Benton, KY

#36 Feb 1, 2011
what daycare does patsy own, and well mother goose is clean, but Dirty yess Janice is very dirty in what she does there and how she treats her employees she fires employees for doing the right things, guess she is affraid they will tell on her, employees report neglected children to her and she does not do her job as a daycare owner and take it to the next step now this fora FACT and she tells other parents stories about parents picking ther kids up in the evening and whipping there asses in front of the daycare with flip flops, it's horrible just horrible, and she gets by with it just because she and the lady @ state are good friends, ask some of her ex workers they will tell you everything
Concerned wrote:
sneaky

Benton, KY

#37 Feb 1, 2011
tiny tots give people the run a round, and big grannies hires Dirty Goose rejects
ksp wrote:
Pooo

Benton, KY

#38 Feb 1, 2011
What might that be?
OLN wrote:
REALLY

Richmond, KY

#39 Feb 27, 2011
Never wrote:
My son went to big grannies and I will never do that again. They are crooked. Me and a bunch of parents had problems with being over charged and things not being imputed right. They tried to take me and a few others to court. It was thrown out. Audobon and others found out all kinds of stuff wrong. It was a headache.
my kids have been going to BIG GRANNIES for 2 years now and i have not had one problem out of them.... i love that daycare and i would never send mine to any other daycare.... all the other ones are not any good!!!!!!!!
grace

Murray, KY

#40 Mar 4, 2011
my child hasnt been in any daycare in mayfield, but that is because i couldnt find one that scored the way i wanted.. and mother goose i went for walk around and she was scratterd brained... she actually called telling me i forgot to give her my appication for employment... she asked personal quesiton with my son.. she way over croweded and i didnt like her discipline that i saw.. big grannies i did a suprise visit and they were shocked and didnt know what to do.. but it was very clean and teacher to child ratio was correct..
well then

Pineville, KY

#41 Mar 5, 2011
my little girl has been goin to mother goose since she was 6 months old, an is now almost 3 an i have never had a problem with them, shes loved all of her "teachers" as she calls them an she loves the other kids, she is learning alot to. i must say i wouldnt take her anywhere else...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
youngblood true value 2 hr Curious 2
girl from youngblood true 5 hr Know it All 3
Linetta burney amanda kinnin 5 hr Steph 2
Damian Beach! 5 hr Kayne 2
End Corruption Now (Aug '15) 5 hr get real 7
Charlotte Austin (Jul '14) 17 hr Huntin buddy spoiler 4
City Planer Brad Rogers 20 hr kardnal 1

Mayfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance