Where are all the decent single men?

Posted in the Mayfield Forum

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Singles

Mayfield, KY

#1 Mar 1, 2011
Where would a woman go to meet single men? And by men, I don't mean guys who take a woman out to dinner, pay for the meal, then expect her to pay him back in bed on a first date. I mean decent respectful guys. Guys who pick up the tab for a meal, pick a girl up at her door, drop her off at home, and waits past the first date to have sex?
crazy cat lady

Farmington, KY

#2 Mar 1, 2011
depends on how old you are, and your reputation around here search, for Jesse Egner. hes a good person.BEWARE it will be hard to make Jesse happy or even notice you since his wife just left him for some Mario looking M-f'er. LOL he just told me to say once you had steak, you dont want "pork".
Abc

White Plains, KY

#3 Mar 1, 2011
Carrs steakhouse!!
in the same boat

United States

#4 Mar 2, 2011
Singles wrote:
Where would a woman go to meet single men? And by men, I don't mean guys who take a woman out to dinner, pay for the meal, then expect her to pay him back in bed on a first date. I mean decent respectful guys. Guys who pick up the tab for a meal, pick a girl up at her door, drop her off at home, and waits past the first date to have sex?
Where would this "good" guy go to meet single decent women? They sure don't se to be in wal-mart and he is not in to the whole bar/club scene?
Singles

Mayfield, KY

#5 Mar 2, 2011
in the same boat wrote:
<quoted text>
Where would this "good" guy go to meet single decent women? They sure don't se to be in wal-mart and he is not in to the whole bar/club scene?
I can't speak for others, but I am quite often at work, at home, or at walmart grocery shopping to feed my children LOL. There should be a way for decent men and women to meet without having to filter out the rest. Any suggestions?
Sassy Cat

Paducah, KY

#6 Mar 4, 2011
Singles wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't speak for others, but I am quite often at work, at home, or at walmart grocery shopping to feed my children LOL. There should be a way for decent men and women to meet without having to filter out the rest. Any suggestions?
At church!
in the same boat

United States

#7 Mar 4, 2011
Sassy Cat wrote:
<quoted text>At church!
I don't know if it's a good idea
To go into church with a
Hidden agenda????
Tired of Being Single

Port Orange, FL

#8 Mar 4, 2011
Singles wrote:
<quoted text>
Good luck. I go to school, go to work, and have kids at home. My job doesn't permit me to find someone at work since I work in the justice system so I wonder where to go. This single life is getting harder every year.
ccc

Centertown, KY

#9 Mar 4, 2011
most of the decent 1s are the 1s that women push away cus of looks then after bein rejected about 50 times quit cus the truth is dat most of the guys that women think is atracted turn out to be dicks
Tired of Being Single

Port Orange, FL

#10 Mar 4, 2011
I would look past the looks--as long as he isn't crazy ugly-- but I think a guy that could make me laugh and happy is a keeper....YES as long as I can look at him at night!! No guy wants an ugly woman on his arm the next day either. Thing is Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and only you know what is attractive to you and you shouldn't be bashed for that. If you don't like fat women and I say I am fat love me.....you should not say, OK!! This is a personal freedom. I would just love a guy that is affectionate and has a job. Looks would be nice but if he is the best....I will fall in love with his looks.
ccc

Centertown, KY

#11 Mar 4, 2011
im a guy n i aint gunna lie every guy goes for looks but its always the personality and the way the treat u u should go for but most guys or some girls dnt go dat way
good guy

Pineville, KY

#12 Mar 4, 2011
well im a decent single guy and have the same issue. just want someone who likes things like me. and someone who will ride with me on my bike. if you want look me up at klitzy28 at yahoo dot com
Sassy Cat

Paducah, KY

#13 Mar 5, 2011
in the same boat wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if it's a good idea
To go into church with a
Hidden agenda????
People go to church with all kinds of hidden agendas. There are lots of single men and women even widows and widowers looking to meet a descent man or woman, who go to church. You might meet each other in a church function or Sunday school class. If that don't suit you, then go to the library or Books of Million, walk a dog in the park. I truely believe God brings a couple together, its just the man or woman won't listen to their gut feelings and choose the wrong one. Find a man who loves and RESPECTS his mother but NOT a mamma's boy who won't leave her. I feel really sorry for the singles today cause the girls and boys are sooo imature. You can't keep a man having sex with him, cause they can go to a bar etc., and get that. Get to know each other meet at a public place for a coke NO booze. Tell each other what you look for in a person and relationship, your hobbies, talk about if you like kids always remember your KIDS come first. If a guy tells you not to wear your makeup like that or don't dress like that. Take off RUNNING!! He is controling and you DON'T won't that in a man or woman. Please do a background check on the man and let him know you are going to if he has a problem with this then he's hiding something. Make sure he or she make eye contact with you when your talking. If they can't hold eye contact very long then their not being honest with you. Play hard to get, a man loves a woman that does this its a real challenge for him and he thinks he getting someone special not like all the other girls who are in the back seat before he pulls out of the driveway. Good Luck singles!
Tha big cheese

Eddyville, KY

#14 Mar 5, 2011
Sassy Cat wrote:
<quoted text>
People go to church with all kinds of hidden agendas. There are lots of single men and women even widows and widowers looking to meet a descent man or woman, who go to church. You might meet each other in a church function or Sunday school class. If that don't suit you, then go to the library or Books of Million, walk a dog in the park. I truely believe God brings a couple together, its just the man or woman won't listen to their gut feelings and choose the wrong one. Find a man who loves and RESPECTS his mother but NOT a mamma's boy who won't leave her. I feel really sorry for the singles today cause the girls and boys are sooo imature. You can't keep a man having sex with him, cause they can go to a bar etc., and get that. Get to know each other meet at a public place for a coke NO booze. Tell each other what you look for in a person and relationship, your hobbies, talk about if you like kids always remember your KIDS come first. If a guy tells you not to wear your makeup like that or don't dress like that. Take off RUNNING!! He is controling and you DON'T won't that in a man or woman. Please do a background check on the man and let him know you are going to if he has a problem with this then he's hiding something. Make sure he or she make eye contact with you when your talking. If they can't hold eye contact very long then their not being honest with you. Play hard to get, a man loves a woman that does this its a real challenge for him and he thinks he getting someone special not like all the other girls who are in the back seat before he pulls out of the driveway. Good Luck singles!
tl;dr
in the same boat

Nortonville, KY

#15 Mar 5, 2011
Sassy Cat wrote:
<quoted text>People go to church with all kinds of hidden agendas. There are lots of single men and women even widows and widowers looking to meet a descent man or woman, who go to church. You might meet each other in a church function or Sunday school class. If that don't suit you, then go to the library or Books of Million, walk a dog in the park. I truely believe God brings a couple together, its just the man or woman won't listen to their gut feelings and choose the wrong one. Find a man who loves and RESPECTS his mother but NOT a mamma's boy who won't leave her. I feel really sorry for the singles today cause the girls and boys are sooo imature. You can't keep a man having sex with him, cause they can go to a bar etc., and get that. Get to know each other meet at a public place for a coke NO booze. Tell each other what you look for in a person and relationship, your hobbies, talk about if you like kids always remember your KIDS come first. If a guy tells you not to wear your makeup like that or don't dress like that. Take off RUNNING!! He is controling and you DON'T won't that in a man or woman. Please do a background check on the man and let him know you are going to if he has a problem with this then he's hiding something. Make sure he or she make eye contact with you when your talking. If they can't hold eye contact very long then their not being honest with you. Play hard to get, a man loves a woman that does this its a real challenge for him and he thinks he getting someone special not like all the other girls who are in the back seat before he pulls out of the driveway. Good Luck singles!
Lol some good advise and some I'm not to sure about
SpiritoftheHawk

Benton, KY

#16 Mar 5, 2011
Singles wrote:
We married nice ladies who aren't superficial.

You all didn't want us either because we were plain looking, poor, or some other thing that didn't mean the standards some have set. Or like myself, disabled.

After 5 years together, I still open doors for my wife, put the seat back down, rub her tired feet, and make her morning coffee.

We were there, you all just ignored us for your stud puppets. Some nice single girl saw deeper than the skin and snatched us up.

So ladies think...I bet somewhere in your past was a decent gentleman that you overlooked or flat out rejected. I am sure they are enjoying a fulfilling marriage as I am now.

be well.
ccc

Calhoun, KY

#17 Mar 5, 2011
SpiritoftheHawk wrote:
<quoted text>
You all didn't want us either because we were plain looking, poor, or some other thing that didn't mean the standards some have set. Or like myself, disabled.
After 5 years together, I still open doors for my wife, put the seat back down, rub her tired feet, and make her morning coffee.
We were there, you all just ignored us for your stud puppets. Some nice single girl saw deeper than the skin and snatched us up.
So ladies think...I bet somewhere in your past was a decent gentleman that you overlooked or flat out rejected. I am sure they are enjoying a fulfilling marriage as I am now.
be well.
well said

“brookie come back to mayfield”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#18 Mar 5, 2011
very well indeed
in the same boat

Tomball, TX

#19 Mar 6, 2011
SpiritoftheHawk wrote:
<quoted text>We married nice ladies who aren't superficial.

be well.
Yes that is the truth!!! Accept for the part about me being married lol some day
Singles

Mayfield, KY

#20 Mar 6, 2011
SpiritoftheHawk wrote:
<quoted text>
be well.
That may be true of some women, but by your own admission it is not true by ALL women otherwise your own wife would fall into that category. I am divorced, with children. I did NOT marry some stud (my husband was overweight and balding to be honest) nor did I reject men based on looks when I was single before marraige. I did however reject a man based on his actions. And I can safely say I didn't marry my ex husband for money. Some of us who are still single or recently single again are NOT superficial.

I have a job that pays my bills, and I am working my way up within the company so I have little need for a rich man. I am a woman capable of taking care of herself. I have no need of a HOT man who thinks he's God's gift to women, because I have children that would be influenced to act the same way. I simply want a decent man who works (not for the money but because I won't be with someone who is lazy).

I'm sorry for the women who rejected you based on reasons that were superficial, but don't feel the need to hate on all women for that. Some of us just want someone decent and always have.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ok cut it 20 min proper english 36
Where is Judy Morris at? 41 min wondering 4
Truck driver 1 hr Chickie 1
Protest city hall aug 30 2 hr No Condemnation 49
Tori Shaw 3 hr Frank Castle 12
cps 6 hr ted 2
Calvinism 15 hr Wayne Grudem 23
Do you remember your first sexual experience (Jun '13) Aug 19 nobody 69

Mayfield Jobs

More from around the web