Eeveron

Auburntown, TN

#24 Dec 27, 2013
Busted wrote:
<quoted text>
Aside from the obvious common sense of people who develop lung cancer due to tobacco smoke often smoke a pack or more, meaning 20+ cigarettes a day, as opposed to the average of 1-2 joints per week. Even daily usage of 1 joint a day offers up much less carcinogenic properties than 20 cigarettes.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1... states “While cannabis smoke has been implicated in respiratory dysfunction, including the conversion of respiratory cells to what appears to be a pre-cancerous state, it has not been causally linked with tobacco related cancers such as lung, colon or rectal cancers.”
Oh, and it goes on to state,“Furthermore, compounds found in cannabis have been shown to kill numerous cancer types including: lung cancer, breast and prostate, leukemia and lymphoma, glioma, skin cancer, and pheochromocytoma.”
Cancer.gov states,“A large, retrospective cohort study of 64,855 men aged 15 to 49 years from the United States found that Cannabis use was not associated with tobacco-related cancers and a number of other common malignancies.” And states,“A population-based case-control study of 611 lung cancer patients revealed that chronic low Cannabis exposure was not associated with an increased risk of lung cancer or other upper aerodigestive tract cancers and found no positive associations with any cancer type (oral, pharyngeal, laryngeal, lung, or esophagus) when adjusting for several confounders, including cigarette smoking.”
Basically, what that means, is that people WAY more educated than you say you should do your homework before spouting off propaganda handed out with your glass of kool-aid.
And while I do not currently smoke, because it is illegal and I have a family, you can bet your behind when I retire, I'll be moving to Colorado or Washington if it is not nationally legal by then.
I guess then the question is who do we trust with research the Govt or doctors from Web MD for starters? There is much research out there for this and against it. And many researchers give solid research on both sides of the issue. The question is do you trust the current govt research on this over doctors or other independent research? OH if you want to move to smoke pot why not do it now.
Eeveron

Auburntown, TN

#25 Dec 27, 2013
crock wrote:
<quoted text> youre wrong educate yourself
http://globenewswire.com/news-release/2013/03...
I would not argue that it has some benefits. I think that it being controlled or for certain illnesses is fine. However I think the recreational pot smoker is stupid. The risks are far greater than any positives for that person. And as I said before which study would you trust a govt one or one by doctors that is independent.
el gato

Philadelphia, PA

#26 Dec 29, 2013
EEvernon wrote:
It is a gateway drug, it kills brain cells, it stops anyone from being productive, it is illegal, it causes cancer and panic attacks, along with gaining weight. This is just a start. Why take a stupid risk.
lol thats funny. you have no idea what youre talking about. there is shit in the corners of your mouth
Storm Warning

De Forest, WI

#27 Dec 29, 2013
crock wrote:
pots fine its the fact its illegal that makes it dangerous.
its a plant its harmless,and it cures cancer lots of other stuff
educate yourself
or shut up
its main use is as a suppository
barry

Erin, TN

#28 Dec 29, 2013
Storm Warning wrote:
<quoted text>its main use is as a suppository
Oh no, I've been putting it in the wrong hole all this time.

Since: Dec 13

Philadelphia, PA

#29 Dec 29, 2013
EEvernon wrote:
It is a gateway drug, it kills brain cells, it stops anyone from being productive, it is illegal, it causes cancer and panic attacks, along with gaining weight. This is just a start. Why take a stupid risk.
Obvious troll is obvious.
Storm Warning

De Forest, WI

#30 Dec 31, 2013
Pot smokers are childish in their insistence that it has some worth while benefit, fact is if it had any worth timothy Leary would still be alive, all iot does is reduce a person to a stupor, take people with limited intelligence like Jamaicans and other sub humans they hype themselves up and Chicago has more murders than iraq
Cannibuddy

Paducah, KY

#31 Dec 31, 2013
EEvernon wrote:
<quoted text>
I never spoke about alcohol. I stand by the research.it has been out there way to long And until it is legal you can not get around the fact that it is illegal. The contents of pot has more cancer causing agents than a cigarette. I am guessing you are for it because you smoke it.
The research is biased, therefore your opinion is too. More cancer agents than a cigarette? Maybe if it's grown with man-made chemicals, but if it's done completely organic, no worries. It's illegal because our government didn't know how to tax it and they used the stigmata of marihuana smoking as a means to control illegal aliens, it goes way back. Look it up. And I'm guessing you're against it cause you don't smoke it. But you should. You would b a lot cooler.
Moral police

Bells, TN

#32 Jan 1, 2014
Yes, when smoked, marijuana does have more carcinogenic agents than cigarettes. So, do not smoke it; eat it instead! I would rather be sharing the road with someone high on weed than someone drunk on alcohol! Weed makes you paranoid; thus, more alert. Alcohol impairs judgement and motor skills. Alcohol makes you aggressive and quick to anger. Weed mellows you out and makes you love everyone. Weed is not addictive. Alcohol is the most deadly addictive drug there is. Weed is approved for cancer patients because it helps with nausea and lack of appetite caused by chemotherapy, not for pain. Weed does not kill any type of cancer cells! Weed is approved for patients with multiple sclerosis because it slows the neurotransmitters in the brain; thus, calming specific nerve pain due to demilanization of the nerves themselves. Weed is approved for anxiety and panic disorders because of its calming/mellowing affect. I have no idea why weed is approved for glaucoma; I have never researched that.
Today

Mayfield, KY

#33 Jan 1, 2014
Today in Colorado marijuana became available for recreational use. An ounce cost $320. If you don't live there you can only buy a quarter ounce. It's heavily taxed by the state and they expect to make millions off that tax. I hope we come to the point in time when people are no longer imprisoned for possession of weed, people are no longer beaten by police because of possession of weed, no longer cited into court to pay exorbidant fines for possession of weed, no longer lose months and years of their lives for possession of weed. How will some of the most anti-marijuana vigilantes in our community ever wrap their minds around the thought that someday marijuana may be legal in this state and all the years they spent bringing grief and trouble to other people was just a waste.
Eeveron

Auburntown, TN

#34 Jan 1, 2014
Cannibuddy wrote:
<quoted text>
The research is biased, therefore your opinion is too. More cancer agents than a cigarette? Maybe if it's grown with man-made chemicals, but if it's done completely organic, no worries. It's illegal because our government didn't know how to tax it and they used the stigmata of marihuana smoking as a means to control illegal aliens, it goes way back. Look it up. And I'm guessing you're against it cause you don't smoke it. But you should. You would b a lot cooler.
Web MD is biased? I would think that govt research would be the one that is biased. I trust independent doctors research over the govt researcher any day. I am guessing you smoke it and that is why you are for it. If you did not, you would be much cooler and smarter
Busted

Gadsden, AL

#35 Jan 2, 2014
Eeveron wrote:
<quoted text>
Web MD is biased? I would think that govt research would be the one that is biased. I trust independent doctors research over the govt researcher any day. I am guessing you smoke it and that is why you are for it. If you did not, you would be much cooler and smarter
Really...doctors, who happen to be in bed with pharmaceutical companies are not the biased ones? Wow...you can really reach for excuses can't you.
One website I gave you was cancer.gov . While you might assume that is strictly a government website it is run by the National Cancer Institute, which include the employment of many DOCTORS!
As for WebMD and it's bias, it is in fact biased. http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/ar...
http://www.policymed.com/2011/02/ny-times-mag...
Many of the "articles" are sponsored by pharmaceutical companies and various other agencies who would LOVE to keep marijuana off the shelves for medical consumption. That is mainly due to anyone can grow weed in their yard for personal use for medicinal purposes, but not everyone has access to a lab to make pain pills or one of the thousands of medications that marijuana could replace. Do you really think these doctors and pharmacists want to lose their money?
And yes, WebMD is biased towards pushing medicine...I was just there, put in some symptoms I have been having...gave me several possible illnesses all of which require large amounts of medications to treat it. BTW...my symptoms are from sleep apnea and carpal tunnel...neither of which require anything they suggested LOL...but they aren't biased towards big pharm...
Under most circumstances I would say the government is biased...but considering how it is the one who made it illegal for several reasons, none of which is because it is dangerous or a gateway drug I doubt they are changing their mind now without having definitive proof. Especially considering how much the government hates admitting they were wrong...something I'm sure you can relate too.
Bottom line, your facts are outdated and reek of 1960. Get some updated facts.
Moral police

Bells, TN

#36 Jan 3, 2014
Today wrote:
Today in Colorado marijuana became available for recreational use. An ounce cost $320. If you don't live there you can only buy a quarter ounce. It's heavily taxed by the state and they expect to make millions off that tax. I hope we come to the point in time when people are no longer imprisoned for possession of weed, people are no longer beaten by police because of possession of weed, no longer cited into court to pay exorbidant fines for possession of weed, no longer lose months and years of their lives for possession of weed. How will some of the most anti-marijuana vigilantes in our community ever wrap their minds around the thought that someday marijuana may be legal in this state and all the years they spent bringing grief and trouble to other people was just a waste.
If the sales in Colorado continue the way they have these first few days of legality, all states will be pushing for similar laws to pass! Legislators will lose all concern for the health effects of weed and focus on the tax revenue Colorado is bringing in! Colorado is going to be the most economically sound state in the US in no time! lol.
tammy

Erin, TN

#37 Jan 6, 2014
i smock pit an i is viry smort!
Henry

Lockport, KY

#39 Jan 10, 2014
Sad
old timer

United States

#40 Jan 20, 2014
Grow up lil man, smoking pot aint always bout the cheech n chong moments, u lil dumbass. Although is funny as shit sometimes. Ive smoked for 40 yrs. N every boss i ever had wished they had another just like me. Their words not mine.i worked my freaking ass off n enjoyed every minute of it. So did my customers, patients n co- workers. So ur saying if a man drinks a beer, he is an alcoholic, if a man takes a presription pill he is a pill head?? Pot is all natural, helps with many medical conditions especially those patients that cannot tolerate pills due to stomach or intestine issues. Before u go getting all judgemental on folks, why dont u wise up on your topic. N stop being rude to plp u ccannot understand due to ur lack of experience.
peaceful

United States

#41 Jan 20, 2014
EEvernon wrote:
lol.. I decided the other day to research what the university of my was saying about marijuana, since there are so many myths and propaganda, about this. They actually have a study about weed and alchoholics, about how alcohol destroys the brain cells and weed helps. Sounds like we all need education, by researchers, who have facts, that are not tainted by ignorance, or someone else's agenda. Prohibition never stops anything, it just opens a black market, for the product. Education is the key, to ignorance.
peaceful

United States

#42 Jan 20, 2014
Sorry university of Kentucky, along with university of Maryland.
old timer

United States

#43 Jan 20, 2014
By gosh, you've never seen a major lawsuit on tv involving pot smoking. Keep ur damn ole overpriced chemicals n i will pray the side effects don't make ur medical situation worse.
old timer

United States

#44 Jan 20, 2014
N Amen "peaceful", well said!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
mercedes warren 2 hr simply gods children 3
Jay Bynum 4 hr ess 10
Derek E Keeling in jail on murder charges (May '08) 8 hr Mom 53
Graves county needs a new sheriff 22 hr He needs it 7
sex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Mar '11) Sat fucked4life34 55
Yo... wyd Sat bevis 1
Serena mountjoy Sat regrets 1
Mayfield Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web