Will Mayfield Win State in 2011?
del

Cunningham, KY

#164 Nov 29, 2011
card fan wrote:
To "disgusted" and that idiot who keeps changing his name and yammerin' on and on about "PORKY THE PIG":
I can honestly say, I don't know either of you. Don't really want to. I can also say, with the utmost sincerity, that it makes me soooooo happy when you keep posting with that fire in your bellies and foam coming from the corners of your mouths. Whatever it is that makes you spill such contempt makes me happy that you feel that anger and hatred towards something. You deserve to be mad about things you can't control, and I love to read your emotionally-charged drivel. I'm glad that your life is so miserable, and hope it continues to be that way. You deserve that, too.
So, please, by all means, keep on posting. I promise to keep reading. And smiling ear-to-ear.
It makes my heart warm and fuzzy to know that I have such dedicated readers....see If you can't talk PORKY into getting some speech therapy so we can understand him......uh uh uh uh tha tha tha tha all folks for now.
go cards

United States

#165 Nov 29, 2011
It actually kinda sucks that its set up where mayfield and beechwood are on the same side of the brackett and meets in the semifinals i dont think mayfield will beat hazard as bad as last year but i doubt that it will be very close either i dont think you will be on the edge of your seat at the end of the game like we was all friday for the last couple minutes. Friday when mayfield lifts the trophy i think everyone will know that beechwood definitly was the team that should be in the final game its to bad they dont do seedings for the playoffs like college basketball.
dat dude

Cincinnati, OH

#166 Nov 29, 2011
go cards wrote:
It actually kinda sucks that its set up where mayfield and beechwood are on the same side of the brackett and meets in the semifinals i dont think mayfield will beat hazard as bad as last year but i doubt that it will be very close either i dont think you will be on the edge of your seat at the end of the game like we was all friday for the last couple minutes. Friday when mayfield lifts the trophy i think everyone will know that beechwood definitly was the team that should be in the final game its to bad they dont do seedings for the playoffs like college basketball.
Completely agree!!!
over rated

United States

#167 Nov 29, 2011
overrated wrote:
If beachwood would not have lost their qb different outcome, By the way Mayfield qb sucked where did you find him, he looked like an 8th grader.His arm looked like a wet noddle. John Jackson looked great at qb to bad he can't through and catch at the same time, now you see why he plays small ball,if he had to step up and play equal competision you can see he's just a good player not great. The same goes for Higgison. Mayfield wins state next week over A team ranked 3322 in the nation. Good for you. Big fish little pond little glory. Trinity now thats big time football but i'm sure Mayfield could beat them too by at least 3 td lmao.
you are so right I wish people would realize this. Mayfield thinks they are all that. Western Kentucky has no good football! Big fish little pond there all over rated they think there the best. It's funny because some mayfield player think they could hang with trinity I'm sure. And your right about that qb. But his dads the basketball coach and mom is teacher at high school. And his brother was God to this community last year. Btw he ain't playing no where now.
over rated

United States

#168 Nov 29, 2011
go cards wrote:
Mayfield beats a top 15 team in the state and the 2nd ranked team in there class and you still wont give them credit. Did you expect them to win by 40 or something. That was a really good team and beechwood had won there last 4 games or so without him including a win over newport central catholic. Jake guy is still a young kid and there aint many quarterbacks that would look good in a game like that. The recievers wasnt getting open like they have been, that team had a good defense, but not good enough. Mayfields defense was even better and lived up to the hype. beechwood was a one loss team that had only been beat by the number 2 team in 4a covington catholic and they didnt lose by much in that game either.
they have a junior qb that's bigger faster stronger arm and more experience why don't they play him ?
go cards

United States

#169 Nov 29, 2011
i seen the junior quarterback he could run good but i dont think he is an excellent passer but not sure i think they should switch them up a bit. I dont understand this whole western kentucky doesnt have no good football comment, ill admit its not very strong but beechwood gave the number 2 class 4a team a game they lost by 12 to covington catholic so if mayfield could beat a team that could hang with a team of that caliber id say they are pretty good i dont think many people would say mayfield could hang with trinity they are ranked number 1 in the nation but i think outside of trinity, bowling green, warren central, and highlands, i think mayfield could hang with anyone else in the state but those 4 would beat mayfield pretty bad
QB s

Port Orange, FL

#170 Nov 30, 2011
go cards wrote:
i seen the junior quarterback he could run good but i dont think he is an excellent passer but not sure i think they should switch them up a bit. I dont understand this whole western kentucky doesnt have no good football comment, ill admit its not very strong but beechwood gave the number 2 class 4a team a game they lost by 12 to covington catholic so if mayfield could beat a team that could hang with a team of that caliber id say they are pretty good i dont think many people would say mayfield could hang with trinity they are ranked number 1 in the nation but i think outside of trinity, bowling green, warren central, and highlands, i think mayfield could hang with anyone else in the state but those 4 would beat mayfield pretty bad
The jr. qb in a better qb in all points of the game. His problem is his last name. The Guy family has all the influence. Hatchel stoped playing him because he could not allow him to look good. The Last time Josh played he was in for 2 series. His first snap he ran a 75 yard td. His 2nd snap he through a 30 yard td. That was 9 games ago. Luke Guy was Hatchel's pet project now Jake is his project. Jake's Dad is a coach his mom is a teacher his brother Luke was mr everything last year. Josh did not have a chance. This year's weak schedual and Johnathan is all Jake needed to succeed good for him. I'm sure Jake is a nice kid but he woud not start for any other team in 1A you saw why Fri. night. Hatchel protected him all year when he would get rattled he turned to Johnathan. That is their perogitive I feel bad for Josh they wasted his talent. If I were him I would be gone.
cardinal

Cunningham, KY

#171 Nov 30, 2011
QB s wrote:
<quoted text>The jr. qb in a better qb in all points of the game. His problem is his last name. The Guy family has all the influence. Hatchel stoped playing him because he could not allow him to look good. The Last time Josh played he was in for 2 series. His first snap he ran a 75 yard td. His 2nd snap he through a 30 yard td. That was 9 games ago. Luke Guy was Hatchel's pet project now Jake is his project. Jake's Dad is a coach his mom is a teacher his brother Luke was mr everything last year. Josh did not have a chance. This year's weak schedual and Johnathan is all Jake needed to succeed good for him. I'm sure Jake is a nice kid but he woud not start for any other team in 1A you saw why Fri. night. Hatchel protected him all year when he would get rattled he turned to Johnathan. That is their perogitive I feel bad for Josh they wasted his talent. If I were him I would be gone.
Very true,mayfield has allways been this way.
go cards

United States

#172 Nov 30, 2011
im from marshall county so i dont know any of them that much, aint josh hughes a transfer from georgia i only seen him play against evansville harrison he could run really good but i think if i remember correct he didnt seem to pass good but i only see him throw it a couple of times so dont know, thats the only time i seen him play i think beechwood had an awesome secondary even when he completed a pass to higginson he couldnt do much cause they had him swarmed and jake might not be the best downfield passer but also a reciever should turn cornerback and bat a ball away if its underthrown and going to be intercepted. most wide recievers like the ball thrown there way if jake guy never threw it downfield to his recievers even though they was covered im sure the wide recievers wouldnt have been happy, so you cant win either way and somebody is going to not be happy with you if you are him, i say give beechwood credit for there defense but as far as who is a better qb josh hughes or jake guy i dont know havent seen josh enough to answer. If he is that good i dont see why they dont let him come in and play at least a few snaps as a wildcat quarterback.
QB s

Port Orange, FL

#173 Nov 30, 2011
go cards wrote:
im from marshall county so i dont know any of them that much, aint josh hughes a transfer from georgia i only seen him play against evansville harrison he could run really good but i think if i remember correct he didnt seem to pass good but i only see him throw it a couple of times so dont know, thats the only time i seen him play i think beechwood had an awesome secondary even when he completed a pass to higginson he couldnt do much cause they had him swarmed and jake might not be the best downfield passer but also a reciever should turn cornerback and bat a ball away if its underthrown and going to be intercepted. most wide recievers like the ball thrown there way if jake guy never threw it downfield to his recievers even though they was covered im sure the wide recievers wouldnt have been happy, so you cant win either way and somebody is going to not be happy with you if you are him, i say give beechwood credit for there defense but as far as who is a better qb josh hughes or jake guy i dont know havent seen josh enough to answer. If he is that good i dont see why they dont let him come in and play at least a few snaps as a wildcat quarterback.
The last time he ran wildcat he broke one up the middle for 75 yards. His arm is stronger than Jakes and just as accurat. They said he did not know the system, that may have been for a few games but that excuse is gone. Josh is a 180 pound jr Jake in 130 pound soph. Josh is the althlete and would have won game's just like Jake he lacked opportunity. Jake is their guy and he did a good job, can't argue with success. If Josh was the home town boy and Jake the transfer Josh would be their qb. I will bet they wont' let Josh go out for qb next year if he is at Mayfield. I heard he's moving out of the city.
voice of reason

Mayfield, KY

#174 Nov 30, 2011
Were going to state...that doesnt happen due to a weak QB
voice of reason

Mayfield, KY

#175 Nov 30, 2011
over rated wrote:
<quoted text>
you are so right I wish people would realize this. Mayfield thinks they are all that. Western Kentucky has no good football! Big fish little pond there all over rated they think there the best. It's funny because some mayfield player think they could hang with trinity I'm sure. And your right about that qb. But his dads the basketball coach and mom is teacher at high school. And his brother was God to this community last year. Btw he ain't playing no where now.
yea..hes on a full academic ride to U of L in Engineering dumb bo
go cards

United States

#176 Nov 30, 2011
It could be the home town thing like you said but thats just not a mayfield thing it happens everywhere. You have the well known families everywhere, maybe he should move to another school but who is to say it wont happen somewhere else they were already grooming jake last year when mayfield was up by 50 jake got his turn they probably hate to bench him for the new kid in town. I thikk they should play them both if josh stays. Jake will still have his time after josh graduates. Did josh get to at least play at another position i dont remember seeing him in any of the playoff games looks like they would give him time as a tight end or something or even a 2 running back offense we did that at marshall in 07 if you have 2 good running backs its hard to stop and confusing for a defense to have to figure out if the qb will pass it or which running back it might get handed to it just looks like he should get to play in some form we have had that problem at marshall about not being from one of the chosen counties but with coach bernard i think thats changing for football yall may chime in and tell me marshall sucks but we are definitly moving in right direction there are no guaranteed starting spots on coach barnards team you can be the star player in the game one week but if you dont put forth enough effort in the following weeks practice you dont start the next game i like the way he is doing it he also lets the qb sling it down field on occasion before he got the coaching job all they would do is run
QB s

Port Orange, FL

#177 Nov 30, 2011
go cards wrote:
It could be the home town thing like you said but thats just not a mayfield thing it happens everywhere. You have the well known families everywhere, maybe he should move to another school but who is to say it wont happen somewhere else they were already grooming jake last year when mayfield was up by 50 jake got his turn they probably hate to bench him for the new kid in town. I thikk they should play them both if josh stays. Jake will still have his time after josh graduates. Did josh get to at least play at another position i dont remember seeing him in any of the playoff games looks like they would give him time as a tight end or something or even a 2 running back offense we did that at marshall in 07 if you have 2 good running backs its hard to stop and confusing for a defense to have to figure out if the qb will pass it or which running back it might get handed to it just looks like he should get to play in some form we have had that problem at marshall about not being from one of the chosen counties but with coach bernard i think thats changing for football yall may chime in and tell me marshall sucks but we are definitly moving in right direction there are no guaranteed starting spots on coach barnards team you can be the star player in the game one week but if you dont put forth enough effort in the following weeks practice you dont start the next game i like the way he is doing it he also lets the qb sling it down field on occasion before he got the coaching job all they would do is run
Your right it happens everywhere. I don't think he's leaving because of football he don't likes the small school. He's from a 5A school in Atl. His Dad is moving out to county. He may not even play next year but Josh has a lot going for him. I think he,s going back to atl for college he,s a smart kid. He hates living in mayfield. He has fam. and a lot of friends in atl.
go big red

Murray, KY

#178 Nov 30, 2011
John wrote:
Mayfield plays the easiest schedule in western ky and their are only 2 or 3 good teams in their class every year so they have a chance to win it every year!
I dont see Graves County going to and winning the state check out some of the teams they have beat and then say easy. Mayfield will win again and Graves sit once more at home wondering what it feels like.
Sorry, but

Brownsville, TN

#179 Nov 30, 2011
overrated wrote:
<quoted text>Truth hurts don't it. you will be ok. I can't spell cuz I went to Myaflied.
This is probably because you were one of the ones worrying about where the next big party was. I am a senior attending the same school and am very knowledgeable when it comes to spelling and proper sentence structure. If you would have paid attention in class, maybe people wouldn't be making fun of you now. The most depressing part of all this is the fact that a senior who hasn't even graduated yet is lecturing a person who apparently has already graduated. Sorry to have interrupted this meaningless debate. Carry on.

P.S.: Whether you believe it or not, we have a great, successful, and determined team. You don't see or feel the spirit us students get to. I feel sorry for you who think otherwise.
spectator

Port Orange, FL

#180 Nov 30, 2011
I've been to every mayfield game for the past 7 years.... I think the coaches are doing a great job! They're playin who needs to be played to get it done! I've watched practices and talked to alot of kids on the team...Guhy is the better quarterback... The only thing Hughes has going for him is his strong arm.. He's not as smart of a qb as jake and he can't read his receivers like jake.... We have one of the best coaching staffs in the state and they know what they're doing! They play the best... It's not about family names... If that was the case, Trace Armstrong would have played a lot more than he did a couple years ago.. His brother was a great qb/lb for mayfield and his family has a good name around mayfield... Josh was indecisive and nervous at the times I've seen him play... He dropped snaps, held balls to long, and couldn't decide whether he wanted to run or throw the ball at times... I believe him and his family thought that he would just come in and start since we lost our starting qb and the next in line was a sophomore Jv qb... From what I've heard he didn't impress anyone during summer practices and jake earned the starting position fairly... Although I do agree that we could have used him more then we did, it's hard for me to say where... He couldn't hve played a back position bc we have 3 backs in j Jackson, d Jackson, and Ross tht are all really good running backs and blocking backs.... We have 3 receivers that are the 3 fastest and most agile players on the field.... There's no where he could have started on offense... Defensively, when sevic got hurt they tried him and he seemed soft to me... He didn't want to come up and hit... And he often played receivers soft letting them catch the ball and then making the tackle.... In his situation, it's just a case of bad luck... Maybe he would have done better at graves but hey at least he's getting the experience of going to state and there's always next year... 3 receivers are graduating
adult

Port Orange, FL

#181 Nov 30, 2011
[QUOTE who="Sorry, but"]<quoted text>This is probably because you were one of the ones worrying about where the next big party was. I am a senior attending the same school and am very knowledgeable when it comes to spelling and proper sentence structure. If you would have paid attention in class, maybe people wouldn't be making fun of you now. The most depressing part of all this is the fact that a senior who hasn't even graduated yet is lecturing a person who apparently has already graduated. Sorry to have interrupted this meaningless debate. Carry on.

P.S.: Whether you believe it or not, we have a great, successful, and determined team. You don't see or feel the spirit us students get to. I feel sorry for you who think otherwise.[/QUOTE]
I agree!
bigdog

Cunningham, KY

#182 Dec 1, 2011
If everybody loves a winner ........as the saying goes.....why is mayfield hated so bad?
facts

Port Orange, FL

#183 Dec 1, 2011
bigdog wrote:
If everybody loves a winner ........as the saying goes.....why is mayfield hated so bad?
Amen Go BIG RED

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anybody drive by Kiwanis park? 5 min lee 6
Law enforcement checking Topix 2 hr Faylinn Byrne 12
Will public schools be forced to have transgend... 2 hr Billy Bob Clinton 27
Josh hannan 7 hr Worm 2
Washington school (Aug '15) 11 hr bloodhound gang 26
Racial Profiling 11 hr Said abc backward 12
Deb 11 hr twinkie the kid 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mayfield Mortgages