mid continent college
nana

Wingo, KY

#1 Nov 7, 2012
Does everyone have trouble from mid continent college getting their financial aid. My daughter has already gotten her associate degree,and the college keeps giving her the run around on getting the aid she needs to finish her classes. They keep dragging their feet,do you think the dean,or the directors of the school could help. She is facing foreclosure on her home,and she has three little kids under the age of 12.Please any advice would be appreciated.
justaguy

Owensboro, KY

#2 Nov 7, 2012
nana wrote:
Does everyone have trouble from mid continent college getting their financial aid. My daughter has already gotten her associate degree,and the college keeps giving her the run around on getting the aid she needs to finish her classes. They keep dragging their feet,do you think the dean,or the directors of the school could help. She is facing foreclosure on her home,and she has three little kids under the age of 12.Please any advice would be appreciated.
To answer your first question yes most people have trouble getting anything out of mid-continent my wife graduated from there and not too long ago the school brought a lot of athletes in from other countries on promises of full scholarships then stuck them with big tuition bills, room and board bills and such and very few could get jobs to pay for it since they didn't have work permits. So there's a lot of illegals out there hiding cause they couldn't finish school. If I were you I wouldn't rely on Mid-continent explore other options of financial aid.
interesting

Benton, KY

#3 Nov 9, 2012
First of all, Mid-Continent College does not exist. It became a University almost 10 years ago.

Nana, if you were to call Jackie Imhoff I would bet you would get some answers.
current student

Tucson, AZ

#5 Nov 9, 2012
nana wrote:
I have never had any trouble with my financial aid. However, depending on whether your daughter is a traditional or advantage student would depend on who she needs to speak to. I would recommend she begin with her financial aid counselor and go up from there.

You don't mention what type of financial aid she is receiving. However, with three children I would assume she is an advantage student receiving federal and state grants and possibly loans. These are controlled by the government and NOT the school. As I understand it, these funds if any residual exists, must by law be disbursed within a certain time frame of receipt by the school. If they have not been sent, I believe it is safe to say the delay is not at the school level but at the government level.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Care 1 hr MerpaDerp 8
Public school or private school 1 hr Bam 41
Applebees. Is it worth a dang? 3 hr The Devil 11
#pizzagate, #pedogate, child trafficking, satan... 4 hr smdh 31
Lonely man, has she taken you for granted? Come... 4 hr Barf 10
Musicians 4 hr steve earl 3
gas station on corner of hwy.303 5 hr lowdown people 41

Mayfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance