The Old Genesis House
hngman72

Toledo, OH

#1 Sep 9, 2010
Has anyone heard the exact story of why they tore the old Genesis Home down in front of Lowe's down? Also so quickly? Why have they also left the door to the house standing. Septemper 11th is nearing and I've heard back and forth that a portal to the east will be opened and the door is facing east. It's been said that a group of Somolians have been staying at the home illegally before demolition. Has anyone heard anything else?
Craziness

Henderson, KY

#2 Sep 9, 2010
A friend and I were talking about that this morning i can't believe it went down so quickly and I asked why the door was still standing she said maybe someone was going to purchase the door? I would like more info on this as well
hillbilly

New Concord, KY

#3 Sep 10, 2010
I going to buy it and open my new store.

WhatTheHeck

Mayfield, KY

#4 Sep 10, 2010
hngman72 wrote:
Has anyone heard the exact story of why they tore the old Genesis Home down in front of Lowe's down? Also so quickly? Why have they also left the door to the house standing. Septemper 11th is nearing and I've heard back and forth that a portal to the east will be opened and the door is facing east. It's been said that a group of Somolians have been staying at the home illegally before demolition. Has anyone heard anything else?
No disrespect intended, but what have you been smoking?
Peace

Detroit, MI

#5 Sep 10, 2010
hngman72 wrote:

Maybe someone is waiting for The Great Pumpkin to rise from the pumpkin patch...
Orlock

Mayfield, KY

#6 Sep 11, 2010
Sandworms. They're coming through the door. The whole lot of them.
Peace

United States

#7 Sep 11, 2010
Orlock wrote:
Sandworms. They're coming through the door. The whole lot of them.
Is this a cheeky "Dune" reference? If so, I'm impressed. It's been a while since I've read that series.:)
Craziness

Owensboro, KY

#8 Sep 11, 2010
I'm thinking beetlejuice myself!
Peace

United States

#9 Sep 11, 2010
Craziness wrote:
I'm thinking beetlejuice myself!
I totally forgot about the sand worm in beetlejuice. lol
Orlock

Mayfield, KY

#10 Sep 11, 2010
Yep. Knock three times on the free-standing door and everything turns all yellow.
Craziness

United States

#11 Sep 11, 2010
Beetlejuice Beetlejuice Beetlejuice!
if you only knew

Benton, KY

#12 Sep 14, 2010
It was never the Genesis house. It was leased by the state for the Department of Juvenile Justice. They moved the girls group home to Murray and were going to use it as a step down placement for the boys at the treatment center but that fell through. Someone bought the door, that why it was still standing. The house has been empty since the GH moved out in 2007.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
police shooting in Mayfield 5 hr that guy 16
purchase ford 6 hr wth 5
Ballew's car repair 7 hr Big Man 3
Left behind after the RAPTURE? What should you do? 7 hr smdh 41
Anthony Stanley and his ex girlfriend patty 7 hr From the horses m... 3
Churches for people who are in their 20s 7 hr Mr Smith 6
Alcohol on Sunday. 8 hr Jared the Jew 4

Mayfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance