Breant Farmer

OUTSIDE DEPARTMENT

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Mar 09

Mayfield

#1 Mar 20, 2009
I still think that Brad Smith would be the best. He would bring a different kind of leadership to the department. He is one that has been there and done that many times over. He would bring a different level of experience and tranning to Mayfield PD. Also, he is not an outsider, such as the Chief before last, that already knows what is going on in this area and has the experience to try and change it.
country girl

Frankfort, KY

#2 Mar 20, 2009
he would be great...
Is this for real

United States

#3 Mar 20, 2009
How many years of supervision experience does he have?
mayfield citizen

Port Orange, FL

#4 Mar 20, 2009
Bubba Hendley resigned i would have liked for him to had the job.He said he didnt think he would ever get the chance even though Murphy is going to step down.The good ole boy thing must be at work in the department because everyone knows bubba is qualified.
My 2 Sense

Richmond, KY

#5 Mar 20, 2009
If Bubba resigned, he should run for Sheriff!
Obama Mama

Burnside, KY

#6 Mar 20, 2009
Smith is probably nice, but I don't want some outsider telling the people of Mayfield what to do. I want someone I know to help me. We don't need no Gray God. My God is just fine for me. We tried this before with that guy from Chicago and that Griesz guy. That was a complete failure. We need someone that knows us the citizens and what we want and not what some outsider wants.
Obama Mama

Burnside, KY

#7 Mar 20, 2009
KYIrish wrote:
I still think that Brad Smith would be the best. He would bring a different kind of leadership to the department. He is one that has been there and done that many times over. He would bring a different level of experience and tranning to Mayfield PD. Also, he is not an outsider, such as the Chief before last, that already knows what is going on in this area and has the experience to try and change it.
I don't agree at all he is an outsider, and he won't be successful. We've done that before and our elected stepped in a pile.
Ken

Benton, KY

#8 Mar 21, 2009
Obama Mama wrote:
Smith is probably nice, but I don't want some outsider telling the people of Mayfield what to do. I want someone I know to help me. We don't need no Gray God. My God is just fine for me. We tried this before with that guy from Chicago and that Griesz guy. That was a complete failure. We need someone that knows us the citizens and what we want and not what some outsider wants.
Explain "gray god" for me please.
Brad Smith

Benton, KY

#9 Mar 21, 2009
Ken wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain "gray god" for me please.
Hey Ken, I will glad to explain the term "gray god". Its a term that has been around for many many years and it is statewide. Its use comes mainly from folks affiliated with local police departments and Sheriffs depts. Its a derogatory comment that refers to the State Police in terms that they (KSP) think they are better than other departments.. kinda along those lines. I have heard it thousands of times from hundreds of people. Sometimes in jest but mostly in spite like what we are seeing on this forum. The State Police has their own seperate training academy in Franfort. Most other departments go to Richmond for their training. The first time I heard the term was in Richmond when I was on the KSP "SWAT" team. It came out of the mouth of a Richmond academy training instructor who obviously didnt like KSP for whatever reason. He, in fact, tried to get on with KSP but didnt get hired. I suppose that fueled his animosity. But thats how it is a statewide term. Because its origin is in the place that trains local agencies across the state. I dont particularly like the term but Ive been called worse so I dont sweat it. I can also say that I have never heard any KSP Trooper refer to himself in that term. Hope that clears it up for ya.. sorry to be long winded.

Since: Jul 08

Port Orange, FL

#10 Mar 21, 2009
I think Jamie Mills should go for Sheriff or be looked at for chief.
Change

Burnside, KY

#11 Mar 21, 2009
Susan Galbreath wrote:
Wow, where do I begin?
OMG

Richmond, KY

#12 Mar 21, 2009
Brad Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ken, I will glad to explain the term "gray god". Its a term that has been around for many many years and it is statewide. Its use comes mainly from folks affiliated with local police departments and Sheriffs depts. Its a derogatory comment that refers to the State Police in terms that they (KSP) think they are better than other departments.. kinda along those lines. I have heard it thousands of times from hundreds of people. Sometimes in jest but mostly in spite like what we are seeing on this forum. The State Police has their own seperate training academy in Franfort. Most other departments go to Richmond for their training. The first time I heard the term was in Richmond when I was on the KSP "SWAT" team. It came out of the mouth of a Richmond academy training instructor who obviously didnt like KSP for whatever reason. He, in fact, tried to get on with KSP but didnt get hired. I suppose that fueled his animosity. But thats how it is a statewide term. Because its origin is in the place that trains local agencies across the state. I dont particularly like the term but Ive been called worse so I dont sweat it. I can also say that I have never heard any KSP Trooper refer to himself in that term. Hope that clears it up for ya.. sorry to be long winded.
Of course no trooper is going to refer to himself with that term, but I have heard with my own ears troopers putting down both mayfield and graves co departments on more that one occassion. These troopers obviosly did not know that my father was a retired Mayfield Police officer when they made the comments
nice

Port Orange, FL

#13 Mar 21, 2009
Wow. If ignorance is bliss, there are some happy people around here. Mayfield has had problems in the past and there are some great officers there. There are also some questionable ones. None that do anything illegal, just some that may want a career change. Look at there history. Every generation, there is political throat cutting and back stabbing. I am not a State Police employee and normally just look at the forum for fun. Mr. Smith: I have heard that you are a great trooper and leader. You know that you will not be the next chief of police in Mayfield. That job is reserved for a "yes man." There is nothing wrong with that (it is the way of the world). You know who has been filling that position. The same person that is partially responsible for the last four chief's leaving. I also heard Steve Hendly is retiring. Why isn't he interested in the job? Someone should call him and ask him why. By the way, go ahead a trace my ISP. I would love to see the police at my door.
Kenny Powers

Murray, KY

#14 Mar 22, 2009
Susan Galbreath wrote:
Jamie Mills? Does he not patrol Bingo Halls. Yea he is perfect for the Job

Since: Jul 08

Richmond, KY

#15 Mar 22, 2009
Kenny Powers wrote:
<quoted text>
Jamie Mills? Does he not patrol Bingo Halls. Yea he is perfect for the Job
No he doesn't. He is certainly qualified to hold any office. He is the best "local" detective I have met around here. I guess I should say he "was" until he changed jobs.

He cared about his job & he cared about people. It mattered to him to get to the truth. That is much more than I can say about some others around here.
Amused

Mayfield, KY

#16 Mar 23, 2009
The man who is most qualified is not listed above. Bubba Hendley, but i dont blame him for retiring. I KNOW the whole story, and i know how crooked half the people in this town are. It wouldve been good to see a good man who has busted his ass for this city for 28 years get it.
Mayfield

Frankfort, KY

#17 Mar 23, 2009
For those who do not know Brad, he's a GREAT guy and he's fair and honest, he's about as real as you can get. And he's not an outsider, he's got experience long term. Its just what this town needs somebody who will work and get these dead beats off the street and Brad would be the one to do that.....
Herb

United States

#18 Mar 23, 2009
What about Mark Green? He is a good officer and a very fair man. Why is he not mentioned ?

Since: Mar 09

Mayfield

#19 Mar 24, 2009
Obama Mama wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't agree at all he is an outsider, and he won't be successful. We've done that before and our elected stepped in a pile.
Miss Obama Mama, Brad Smith is hardly an outsider. He has lived and worked in Graves County or Calloway County most of his career. He knows the area and the people very well.
Interested

Burnside, KY

#20 Mar 24, 2009
This Interesting

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ok cut it 18 min Adios 94
cute guy at subway (Mar '11) 1 hr iiDiOTGENiUS13 3
karen (boobs) johnson (Jan '11) 5 hr looking 39
The Mayfield, Kentucky Theme Song... 8 hr Challenger 6
Private spots in graves county 8 hr Pop Up 10
Old BP site......Whats the plan? 9 hr Pop Up 10
Worms at McDonald's 9 hr Book Worm 5

Mayfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance