Vinisha Stubblefield Testimony March ...

Vinisha Stubblefield Testimony March 31, 2008

Posted in the Mayfield Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

Owensboro, KY

#1 Mar 31, 2008
10:14 AM-Vinisha Stubblefield was called to the stand by the prosecution. She is Jessica Currin's cousin, and was arrested last year for her involvement in Jessica Currin's murder. She pleaded guilty and is serving time for the crime. She is also cooperating with the prosecution by testifying against Quincy Cross.

During her testimony she described what happened the night before the murder. She also talked about the murder itself. She claims she was hanging out with Jessica Currin Saturday night. They eventually parted ways that evening, and Vinisha Stubblefielf says Jessica was walking home. Vinisha then says she went for a walk that night, and saw Quincy Cross driving a car. He stopped, and she says she got into the car. She claims she told Quincy she was going to meet Jessica, even though Jessica was walking home to her apartment. Vinisha Stubblefield then told the jury they picked up Victoria Caldwell. At some point Tamara Caldwell joined the group, and they went to look for Jessica Currin. They found her walking home, and Vinisha says she got into the car and told her to make sure Quincy, who was driving, took her home.

They did not take her home, according to Vinisha, but instead went to Jeffrey Burton's house. On the way there, Vinisha says drugs were being used and Quincy Cross was touching Jessica Currin in a sexual way. According to Vinisha, Jessica did not like it and was arguing with Cross. When they arrived at Burton's home, Vinisha says Cross forced Jessica Currin to come inside and went into a back bedroom with her.

It's what comes next that brought tears and gasps from the Currin family. Vinisha testified that she was in the living room with Burton and Victoria Caldwell listening to music. Tamara Caldwell was in the bathroom. Then, said Vinisha, Tamara went into the bedroom, followed later by Burton. Finally, she says they called her to the bedroom, and she saw Cross standing over Jessica's body holding a belt that was around her neck. Vinisha said Jessica was unconscious at the time. Then, Vinisha claims Quincy Cross and Jeffrey Burton performed sexual acts on her while Tamara Caldwell watched, and that eventually Cross demanded Vinisha and Victoria do the same.

She also testified about getting rid of the body, and says that she hid the truth from police for years because Quincy Cross threatened to do the same thing to her that he did to Jessica Currin if she ever told.

The defense is currently cross-examining Vinisha Stubblefield.

12:32 PM-Vinisha Stubblefield continued to be cross-examined by the defense this morning, who questioned her on the tiniest details of the night before and the morning of the murder. For the most part, Stubblefield stood by her story. But at one point she said Jeffrey Burton told her that Quincy Cross would do the same to her that he did to Jessica Currin if she ever told the truth. During Stubblefield's testimony with prosecutors, she told them it was Cross who threatened her. The defense called Stubblefield out on the contradiction. Stubblefield may be called back to the stand by the defense at a later date.

“News Papers Yea right!”

Since: Jun 07

The D baby Detroit

#2 Apr 1, 2008
Still trying to keep up on it all of my prayers are still there for all of you god bless the curins

“News Papers Yea right!”

The D baby Detroit

#3 Apr 1, 2008
you are still ll in my prayers God bless the Currins to help keep them strong through thier ordeal and to get the justice that is long over due

“News Papers Yea right!”

The D baby Detroit

#4 Apr 1, 2008
funny i can't post

Owensboro, KY

#5 Apr 1, 2008
Tuesday, April 1- Day 4 of Trial-
10:34 AM-This morning Victoria Caldwell took the stand for the prosecution. She answered questions about her past, and then began talking about what happened to Jessica Currin.
Evidence was introduced by the prosecution, and Caldwell identified it as a picture of Tamara Caldwell, her cousin. Caldwell then stated she knows Quincy Omar Cross, and is asked to identify him in the courtroom. She said she met him through her cousins, but doesn't remember exactly when that was. She also says she knows Jeff Burton, and identifies a picture of him. She says she met him at sister's, Rosie Crice, birthday party in April of 2000. She also says sheknows Vinisha Stubblefield, and met her at school and church when she was in the 5th grade. She says she didn't really know Jessica Currin, but knew who she was prior to July 29, 2000, through her cousin Tamara.
Saturday night July 29th, and early morning hours of July 30th, 2000, she says she saw Jessica Currin and Quincy Cross, Tamara Caldwell, Jeff Burton, and Vinisha Stubblefield. She also claimed that Quincy Cross killed Jessica Currin at Jeff Burton's house, and that all of them were present for her murder. She says she was involved in hiding the body, and dumping it behind Mayfield Middle School.
On the Saturday night of July 29, 2000, Caldwell says Vinisha Stubblefield and Jessica Currin came to her house to see if she wanted to hang out. Now, on Monday Stubblefield testified that Jessica Currin was walking home when she, Cross and Caldwell came and picked her up. Caldwell says Stubblefield told her to watch for flashing lights on a car, that would be who they'd hang out with. She says the car showed up and they got inside. She says Quincy Cross was driving. Then, Caldwell says they drove to a man named Austin Leech's house. Leech pulls up in a white cadillac and four of them, Quincy Cross, Vinisha Stubblefield, Victoria Caldwell and Jessica Currin drive to Jeffrey Burton's house to pick him and Tamara Caldwell up. Caldwell says they were doing drugs in the car, and at some point Cross and TamaraCaldwell, who were sitting in the front seat with Jessica, began rubbing on her. Caldwell says Jessica said for them to stop, but that they wouldn't.
Then, Caldwell says they went back to Burton's house, and Cross pulled out a small baseball bat from underneath the seat. She says he hit Jessica over the head with it, knocking her out.
At this point, prosecutors asked Caldwell if she had ever been to Burton's house before. She said yes, she had. That they had sex.
Then, they went back to talking about what happened to Jessica. Caldwell says Quincy Cross and Jeffrey Burton carried Jessica into the house, to Burton's bedroom. Caldwell claims all of them were present in the room for the entire crime, even though Stubblefield testified yesterday that they didn't go into the room until after Cross had strangled Currin. According to Caldwell, Cross began to perform sexual acts on Jessica, who was unconscious at the time. During this part of the testimony, the Currin family left the courtroom. Caldwell then stated that Currin began to wake up, asking to please be taken home to her son, and saying her baby's name over and over. Caldwell says that Quincy Cross then took out a tool and hit Jessica over the head again, knocking her back out. The prosecution pulls this tool and admits it into evidence. Caldwell identifies it as the tool used to hit Jessica that night. She also remembers seeing Cross wearing a black leather belt. She identifies a piece of that belt in a picture of the crime scene.

Owensboro, KY

#6 Apr 1, 2008
(continued)That belt, says Caldwell, was what Cross used to choke Jessica Currin after he hit her over the head with the tool. Caldwell says she could hear Jessica gasping for air, and that she eventually died. After that, she claims Cross made them all do sexual things to Jessica's body, and then to each other. At some point, she says Jessica's body was wrapped in a blanket and carried out to the garage by Burton and Cross. Then, she says Tamara Caldwell, Cross, and Stubblefield left, and Burton told her to put the pillows, pillowcases and sheets into a trash bag, and then take that bag to the garage.

She says the next night Burton noticed the body was beginning to smell, and had two other people come over. Austin Leech and a man named Isaac. They brought a white car, and loaded the body into the trunk. Caldwell says she was there, along with Vinisha Stubblefield. They carried the body to Mayfield Middle School, poured gasoline on it, and set it on fire.

She admits to the prosecution that she lied numerous times, and during the cross examination by the defense which is happening right now she says she lied to Kentucky State Police because they are white. She also admits her lies caused Carlos Saxton and Jeremy Adams to be charged with Jessica's murder originally.
Caldwell says she eventually moved back to California, and taped phone conversations between herself and her sister, who was dating Burton, for the KSP. She says she was eventually contacted by the Kentucky Bureau of Investigation in 2007 via the internet web-site Myspace.

Right now, Cross's defense team is cross-examining Caldwell.

Owensboro, KY

#7 Apr 1, 2008
(continued)11:38 AM-The defense is picking apart Caldwell's testimony, asking as many questions as possible about the night before and the morning of the murder. Caldwell's story has some obvious differences from Vinisha Stubblefield's account of events.

Caldwell says Jessica was at her house when Quincy came to get them, despite the fact that Stubblefield says Jessica was walking home on Walnut Street when they picked her up with Quincy Cross. Caldwell says she doesn't know how Jessica got to her house. She says Jessica and Vinisha were there for maybe five minutes, and Stubblefield told her to look for a car with flashing lights and that would be who they'd hang out with. That car, says Caldwell, was being driven by Quincy Cross.

The defense asked Caldwell about the use of drugs on the ride over to Jeffrey Burton's house. Caldwell claims cocaine and ecstasy were being used, and that Cross was using while he was driving.

Caldwell says she was sitting in the backseat of the car, and that Jessica was sitting in the middle/front between Tamara Caldwell and Quincy Cross. She says Cross hit Jessica very hard with a small baseball bat that he pulled put from under the seat while he was driving.

Defense attorney Vinvent Yustas asked Caldwell how she could know that the tool admitted into evidence is the same tool used to hit Jessica? He said it's rusted, corroded, and that it was obviously buried. Caldwell says she knows because it was her who buried it on her sister's, Rosie Crice, property in between two trees. She says no one, not even her sister, saw her bury it. She says she also buried the clothes she had on. She told KBI agents where it was, and that's how it was found.

Caldwell cannot remember Cross's exact location when he hit Jessica on the bed with the tool. Defense attorney Vincent Yustas asks about the strangulation. He wants to know when Cross pulled the belt off himself. Caldwell says it was right after he hit Jessica. Then, she says he put the belt around her neck and strangled her.

Owensboro, KY

#8 Apr 1, 2008
(continued)Yustas asked Caldwell about what Jessica was wearing when they brought her body to the school. She can't remember if Jessica had her shoes on, but says she was wrapped in a blanket. Caldwell says Jessica's clothes were taken off when she was laid on the bed. She says she remembers that Burton took her clothes off. She cannot remember what happened to the clothes, or if they were taken to the school with Jessica's body.

Yustas asked Caldwell how many times she had sex with Burton, and she answered that it was about three times. But in February of 2007, Yustas said she couldn't remember Burton's name and referred to him as "the white guy".

Caldwell says she remembers that. She had given 10 interviews by that February, and Yustas said she hadn't mentioned Burton's name until then. Yustas then said that in past interviews, Caldwell claimed she remembered Burton being a black man, but she said she doesn't remember that.

She is still being questioned by the defense at this time.

2:50 PM-After lunch, Victoria Caldwell's sister, Rosie Crice, was called to the stand. The wrench Caldwell says Cross used to hit Jessica Currin was found buried in her backyard in LaCenter, Kentucky. It was Caldwell who told police where to find it.

Crice claims Quincy Cross told her that he was going to kill her sister because she was "running her mouth". She also says that he never told her he killed Jessica Currin. He only admitted to Jessica Currin being beaten that night. It was not specified that he was involved in that beating.

Currently, John Sims with the Kentucky State Police is testifying about finding the wrench in Crice's backyard last year. He testified that when they went, they were looking for a baseball bat, but found the wrench.

4:00 PM- Detective Michelle Kent took the stand to testify about the demeanor of Vinisha Stubblefield during her interviews with KSP. Det. Kent says they went to Ohio to get Stubblefield in March of 2007, and brought her back to Kentucky. She claims Stubblefield was "reluctant and hesitant" to come back, and that during her interview at Post 1 in Mayfield, she was open and relaxed when giving basic information. However, Det. Kent says when they began asking Stubblefield about Jessica Currin, her body language completely changed. She pulled her legs to her chest, would fidget with her hands, and would not look the officers in the eyes.
Unknown

Hickman, KY

#9 Apr 2, 2008
I'm gald that they are finally getting somewhere however none should be let off easy...doesn't matter who threatened they would kill you if you told it's been eight years....long enough to come up with a story of defense in why you didn't say anything.....
sarrowamongus

Mayfield, KY

#10 Apr 2, 2008
MUGGER_MIKE wrote:
you are still ll in my prayers God bless the Currins to help keep them strong through thier ordeal and to get the justice that is long over due
God sees everything that we do that goes on among us , whether its right or wrong And no matter how long it takes. God will reveal the truth of this poor childs tragedy,because God is JUSTICE .We pray for you Currin family . Put your Whole heart, trust, faith in God and he will see that JUSTICE will be served .
inquiring mind

West Paducah, KY

#11 Jun 4, 2008
i don't know tamara caldwell personally, but unfortunately i do know vinisha stubblefield. she is a very skilled lier.she once came to my house and told me that a friend of mine was at her house getting high with her brother when at that exact moment the friend was sitting in my livingroom watching tv with my other friends.but, she told me the lie with such ease that if i didn't know for a fact where he actually was i would have believed her.i have heard alot about vinisha over the years and none of it is good. so, as far as her testimony goes, i don,t believe that they threatened her at all.and if all of you will remember way back when jessica was first murdered the things that vinisha was saying and the rumors that were floating around were very different.
Watching And Waiting

Owensboro, KY

#12 Jun 4, 2008
inquiring mind wrote:
i don't know tamara caldwell personally, but unfortunately i do know vinisha stubblefield. she is a very skilled lier.she once came to my house and told me that a friend of mine was at her house getting high with her brother when at that exact moment the friend was sitting in my livingroom watching tv with my other friends.but, she told me the lie with such ease that if i didn't know for a fact where he actually was i would have believed her.i have heard alot about vinisha over the years and none of it is good. so, as far as her testimony goes, i don,t believe that they threatened her at all.and if all of you will remember way back when jessica was first murdered the things that vinisha was saying and the rumors that were floating around were very different.
I remember quite well what V. was saying when Jessica was 1st. Murdered. BUT, I also know that some things she said even back then, could not have been made up concerning key points during the trial.

Something that is a key point in the continuing saga of Vinisha & V. Caldwell. When these 2 girls confessed, they had NOT HAD ANY CONTACT w/ one another in yrs. So, when they were questioned & NOT THREATENED by the K.B.I. they had to tell the same story or they WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN A DEAL!

100 people could witness the same event take place & each would have a different version of it but, the main part of what they saw would be the same. The same holds true here.

V. is a known liar BUT, she told the truth of what she saw & remembered of that night during the trial.
justice

Greenville, KY

#13 Nov 23, 2009
who tha freak are u and why u claim tht u kno me when u don't so wat u need to do is keep my name out ur mouth ok
Kentucky Bound

Rockville, MD

#14 Nov 24, 2009
There Will Be Justice wrote:
10:14 AM-Vinisha Stubblefield was called to the stand by the prosecution. She is Jessica Currin's cousin, and was arrested last year for her involvement in Jessica Currin's murder. She pleaded guilty and is serving time for the crime. She is also cooperating with the prosecution by testifying against Quincy Cross.
During her testimony she described what happened the night before the murder. She also talked about the murder itself. She claims she was hanging out with Jessica Currin Saturday night. They eventually parted ways that evening, and Vinisha Stubblefielf says Jessica was walking home. Vinisha then says she went for a walk that night, and saw Quincy Cross driving a car. He stopped, and she says she got into the car. She claims she told Quincy she was going to meet Jessica, even though Jessica was walking home to her apartment. Vinisha Stubblefield then told the jury they picked up Victoria Caldwell. At some point Tamara Caldwell joined the group, and they went to look for Jessica Currin. They found her walking home, and Vinisha says she got into the car and told her to make sure Quincy, who was driving, took her home.
They did not take her home, according to Vinisha, but instead went to Jeffrey Burton's house. On the way there, Vinisha says drugs were being used and Quincy Cross was touching Jessica Currin in a sexual way. According to Vinisha, Jessica did not like it and was arguing with Cross. When they arrived at Burton's home, Vinisha says Cross forced Jessica Currin to come inside and went into a back bedroom with her.
It's what comes next that brought tears and gasps from the Currin family. Vinisha testified that she was in the living room with Burton and Victoria Caldwell listening to music. Tamara Caldwell was in the bathroom. Then, said Vinisha, Tamara went into the bedroom, followed later by Burton. Finally, she says they called her to the bedroom, and she saw Cross standing over Jessica's body holding a belt that was around her neck. Vinisha said Jessica was unconscious at the time. Then, Vinisha claims Quincy Cross and Jeffrey Burton performed sexual acts on her while Tamara Caldwell watched, and that eventually Cross demanded Vinisha and Victoria do the same.
She also testified about getting rid of the body, and says that she hid the truth from police for years because Quincy Cross threatened to do the same thing to her that he did to Jessica Currin if she ever told.
The defense is currently cross-examining Vinisha Stubblefield.
12:32 PM-Vinisha Stubblefield continued to be cross-examined by the defense this morning, who questioned her on the tiniest details of the night before and the morning of the murder. For the most part, Stubblefield stood by her story. But at one point she said Jeffrey Burton told her that Quincy Cross would do the same to her that he did to Jessica Currin if she ever told the truth. During Stubblefield's testimony with prosecutors, she told them it was Cross who threatened her. The defense called Stubblefield out on the contradiction. Stubblefield may be called back to the stand by the defense at a later date.
Some cousin,Im glad they kept it in the family!

“ Harm None Do What Ye Will”

Since: Jun 08

here

#15 Nov 24, 2009
Kentucky Bound wrote:
<quoted text>Some cousin,Im glad they kept it in the family!
that's the part that is really inhuman about her.not only is she a constant liar,but she had a part in kiling her own cousin!that's lower than the nasty stuff people scrape off the bottom of the shoes after walking through a field of cows.
msn ky

United States

#16 Dec 7, 2009
I went to school with all of the involved, and really cant believe that they could do this....My family has kept me updated on the court preceedings and wish teh best for the family. As for the guys involved, I hope they get every bit of what they deserve!
tell the truth

Murray, KY

#17 Jan 17, 2010
There Will Be Justice wrote:
Tuesday, April 1- Day 4 of Trial-
10:34 AM-This morning Victoria Caldwell took the stand for the prosecution. She answered questions about her past, and then began talking about what happened to Jessica Currin.
Evidence was introduced by the prosecution, and Caldwell identified it as a picture of Tamara Caldwell, her cousin. Caldwell then stated she knows Quincy Omar Cross, and is asked to identify him in the courtroom. She said she met him through her cousins, but doesn't remember exactly when that was. She also says she knows Jeff Burton, and identifies a picture of him. She says she met him at sister's, Rosie Crice, birthday party in April of 2000. She also says sheknows Vinisha Stubblefield, and met her at school and church when she was in the 5th grade. She says she didn't really know Jessica Currin, but knew who she was prior to July 29, 2000, through her cousin Tamara.
Saturday night July 29th, and early morning hours of July 30th, 2000, she says she saw Jessica Currin and Quincy Cross, Tamara Caldwell, Jeff Burton, and Vinisha Stubblefield. She also claimed that Quincy Cross killed Jessica Currin at Jeff Burton's house, and that all of them were present for her murder. She says she was involved in hiding the body, and dumping it behind Mayfield Middle School.
On the Saturday night of July 29, 2000, Caldwell says Vinisha Stubblefield and Jessica Currin came to her house to see if she wanted to hang out. Now, on Monday Stubblefield testified that Jessica Currin was walking home when she, Cross and Caldwell came and picked her up. Caldwell says Stubblefield told her to watch for flashing lights on a car, that would be who they'd hang out with. She says the car showed up and they got inside. She says Quincy Cross was driving. Then, Caldwell says they drove to a man named Austin Leech's house. Leech pulls up in a white cadillac and four of them, Quincy Cross, Vinisha Stubblefield, Victoria Caldwell and Jessica Currin drive to Jeffrey Burton's house to pick him and Tamara Caldwell up. Caldwell says they were doing drugs in the car, and at some point Cross and TamaraCaldwell, who were sitting in the front seat with Jessica, began rubbing on her. Caldwell says Jessica said for them to stop, but that they wouldn't.
Then, Caldwell says they went back to Burton's house, and Cross pulled out a small baseball bat from underneath the seat. She says he hit Jessica over the head with it, knocking her out.
At this point, prosecutors asked Caldwell if she had ever been to Burton's house before. She said yes, she had. That they had sex.
Then, they went back to talking about what happened to Jessica. Caldwell says Quincy Cross and Jeffrey Burton carried Jessica into the house, to Burton's bedroom. Caldwell claims all of them were present in the room for the entire crime, even though Stubblefield testified yesterday that they didn't go into the room until after Cross had strangled Currin. According to Caldwell, Cross began to perform sexual acts on Jessica, who was unconscious at the time. During this part of the testimony, the Currin family left the courtroom. Caldwell then stated that Currin began to wake up, asking to please be taken home to her son, and saying her baby's name over and over. Caldwell says that Quincy Cross then took out a tool and hit Jessica over the head again, knocking her back out. The prosecution pulls this tool and admits it into evidence. Caldwell identifies it as the tool used to hit Jessica that night. She also remembers seeing Cross wearing a black leather belt. She identifies a piece of that belt in a picture of the crime scene.
Since some of you keep defending Susan, I thought it might be a good idea to look at some of the past threads posted regarding this matter. I found this thread. Based upon Susan's past postings, it appears that this is her work. Wonder why she was so interested.
you have to be kidding

Brownsville, TN

#18 Jan 17, 2010
what does this have to do with susan or anyone defending her? if this came from a newspaper, she was posting the updates on the trial back then. i remember it. by you posting this, you really messed up your argument that susan made up all that stuff.

this also shows to me that those 2 girls didn't make up anything. they are not going to remember everything exact. they said they were high.

if you're leech just say so. just ask why you were focused on. i'm curious to know that too. do you know her?
Tell the Truth

Murray, KY

#19 Jan 17, 2010
If you are correct that Susan is just listing what the news media had stated,that is very interesting.Especially, when she was going to be a witness later in this case. I thought witnesses are not to listen to testimomy before the trial.Correct me if I am wrong, but she testified after she made these postings.
you have to be kidding

Brownsville, TN

#20 Jan 17, 2010
Tell the Truth wrote:
If you are correct that Susan is just listing what the news media had stated,that is very interesting.Especially, when she was going to be a witness later in this case. I thought witnesses are not to listen to testimomy before the trial.Correct me if I am wrong, but she testified after she made these postings.
Give it a rest already! I don't even know if she posted what you had up. If she did, she didn't hear anything. No one was ordered not to read the paper were they? Only a jury is ordered that kind of thing.

You really need to get a grip & get over whatever it is that is wrong with you. Leech got off...so why do you keep this up?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dani W 45 min Deserved 76
This girl in my jury group is so hot 1 hr Jason 7
Jason Pool/cocksmen (May '16) 2 hr Just sayin 19
For rent 5 hr Great landlords 2
News Graves Boys Charged with Raping 11-year-old Girl 5 hr Woah 17
Sarah at longhorn 5 hr Lol 3
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 6 hr Angels 768

Mayfield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mayfield Mortgages