Twila and Ashley Meadows
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
WHY

Northfork, WV

#1 Jan 29, 2011
I would love to hear from someone that knew these people BEFORE they decided it was okay to abandon a newborn in a cold dark damp cave, all alone. Please keep in mind that this next part is something I read in comments on another site. Someone posted the baby was still born and they didn't have money to bury the baby. This was supposed to have been said by the grandmother(again, I don't know if this is true or not). Assuming that is true, it seems to me they drove by 2 churches to get to the cave. I don't think that should be used as an excuse. I feel sure that they could have gotten help to pay for a proper burial by asking for help. From what I understand they both have jobs, volvo and Burger King.

I also hear (again hearsay) that Ashley said they did not want another mouth to feed so they got rid of it. That is a sorry excuse also. Va. has the safe haven law, which means they could have dropped the baby off at the ER, or fire dept. They could have put the baby up for adoption. There was so many other choices they could have made, yet, they decided to lrave the baby in the cave.

There is no excuse for what these two did and I hope there is justice for the innocent angel.
Eva

Liberty Corner, NJ

#2 Jan 30, 2011
I really think they did this to that baby to try to hide something. I don't believe that they had no $ for a proper burial, because all they had to do was ask for donations or go to a church and ask, someone would have helped them I am sure. I didn't know them, but I wish that someone who DID know them could have been confided in by them before this happened.

It just doesn't make sense to do what they did.
Ray

Clarksville, TN

#3 Jan 30, 2011
This is my aunt and my cousin. Believe me the family is as dumbfounded as the general public. We don't have any answers either. This is not a poor family. We are a very close family and even those of us who seen Ashley on a daily basis didn't know she was pregnant. She went to great extremes to keep it concealed from us. We believe as a family that they should get a fair trial and recieve the appropriate punishment. Baby Jordan is now going to recieve a proper burial from the family that would have loved to have known her. The only answer that we have is sometimes people do crazy things and we don't know why. We would appreciate your understanding and privacy during this time of great lose to our family.
friend

Shenandoah, VA

#4 Jan 31, 2011
Ray

I am a friend of Ashley's and a co-worker with her. Everyone in town pretty much knew about her pregnancy except for her dad and some of the people she went to church with and some family. You could tell that she was pregnant at work. We even got to watch and feel the baby kick. She wore an oversized hoodie most of the time and kept her hands in her pockets and would push them out in front of her and when she did that no one could tell. The only thing I could tell you is that they were terrified of her dad finding out. Maybe she hid it from you guys because she thought it would get back to her dad. We were planning a shower 2 wks before Jordan was born but Ashley wanted to wait until after the delivery because she thought her dad may drive by and see her truck. He always is stopping by work, she said he's always checking up on her. She never really got to hang out with anyone. She saw her boyfriend on break or if she got off early.

All I can tell you they were terrified of something going on at that house and didn't want him to know and for her mom to not say anything to him either that is very odd. Her dad blames her boyfriend for all of this. Her boyfriend had no clue, he is a mess and devastated. I hope he tells the cops what Ashley's told him about her home life. When she told us about how and where the baby was born and that it was a still born none of us believed the story about where it was born and that a dr kept her baby. It was unrealistic. Maybe the baby was stillborn, I hope for everyones sake she was, but they shouldn't have put her in a cave. I have worked with Ashley for 2 yrs since she started there and this is beyond anything I could imagine, she's just not the type to hurt someone. It's puzzling because she would do anything to help one of us and always has. My condolences go out to you and your family and also her boyfriend's we love him too. Now a whole family is torn apart and they will have a lifetime thinking about what they did and why.
friend

Shenandoah, VA

#5 Jan 31, 2011
To WHY: To your comment about not wanting another mouth to feed is not true. I am Ashley's friend and coworker. Please don't write things that are heresay there is already enough bashing going on.

Ashley had told us Jordan was still born and I don't know why people just start making up stuff. No one knows why she left the baby in a cave. It wasn't because she didn't have the money. Read my above post and maybe you will get an idea of the situation first hand from someone that spoke to her everyday and was friends with her. The police aren't releasing anything until the autopsy results come back so no one knows what Ashley or her mom have said. The truth will come out in the end. Also don't believe everything you read on someone's post the community here is sick and saddened and angry so there is going to be someone that thinks they know it all and wants to start even more drama. I just hope that Jordan wasn't left in there alive. I honestly can't imagine Ashley or her mom harming her. There were no visible signs of trama or any marking on the baby so maybe she was still born. It still didn't give them a right to put her in a cave. Jordan should have a proper burial. We all loved her even before she was here. We got to feel her and watch her kick at work, so we feel like we really knew her already. I have Jordan's gifts all over my house it is a constant reminder of that precious baby girl.
A BROTHER WITH QUESTIONS

Brentwood, TN

#6 Jan 31, 2011
LISTEN FOLKS I AM TWYLAS BROTHER AND WE DIDNT KNOW ASHLEY WAS PREGNANT BUT WE DO KNOW THAT HER FATHER WAS A DOMINEARING MAN FOR HE KEPT TWYLA AND ASHLEY AWAY FROM US FOR MOST OF HER LIFE.
WHEN TWYLAS FATHER PASSED AWAY IN 1997 THATS WHEN HER HUSBAND STOPPED ALMOST COMPLETELY OF LETTING HER SEE HER SIDE OF THE FAMILY,AND HE NEVER LET TWYLA SEE HER MOTHER FOR THE ONLY TIME THAT WOULD HAPPEN IS IF WE LET HIM SING AT OUR FAMILY REUNIONS AND THEN HE WOULD MAKE SURE THAT THEY RUSHED OFF WITHIN A COUPLE HOURS TO GET TWYLA AND ASHLEY AWAY FROM US.
WE HAVE DONE EVERYTHING WE COULD TO GET TWYLA AND ASHLEY AT FAMILY FUNCTIONS BUT SHE ALWAYS CAME UP WITH EXCUSES.
I AM HURT,DISMAYED AND TOTALLY LOST OVER THIS AND TWYLAS SIDE OF THE FAMILY ALSO LOVED TWYLA AND ASHLEY SO HIS SIDE OF THE FAMILY ISNT THE ONLY ONES THAT LOVED THEM ITS JUST THAT HE NEVER LET THEM COME AROUND US AND WE TOO WOULD HAVE LOVED LITTLE JORDAN AND ALL WE WANT IS FOR THE TRUTH TO COME OUT AND ALL GUILTY PARTIES BE PUNISHED REGUARDLESS OF WHO IT IS TWYLA ,ASHLEY OR WHO EVER IT MAY BE.THANKS GOD OUR MOTHER HAS ALZHIEMERS FOR IF SHE DIDNT THIS WOULD PUT HER IN HER GRAVE.
AND TO FRIEND IM GLAD THERE IS SOMEONE THAT WAS THERE TO BE A FRIEND TO ASHLEY AND I PERSONALLY WANT TO SAY THANK YOU FROM MY HEART FOR AT LEAST YOU GOT TO SEE HER AND BE HER FRIEND WHERE I COULDNT GET CLOSE TO HER AT ALL NOR COULD ANY OTHER PART OF TWYLAS FAMILY
Eva

Liberty Corner, NJ

#7 Jan 31, 2011
I think when everything comes out, it's going to be bad, ugly to be completely honest. From what I'm seeing, the father was domineering, and tried to seclude his wife and his daughter for some reason-From their OWN relatives???...Sounds like some form of abuse was going on in the home and this may have drove Twyla and Ashley to do what they did? I don't know. To the relatives and the friends I'm really sorry for you all.
WHY

Charleston, WV

#8 Jan 31, 2011
To Friend, I never posted that as fact so I do not know why you think you have a right to tell me what to post. I never posted that I was there. I posted more than once that I did NOT KNOW IF IT WAS TRUE OR NOT. If I would have stated the above as fact, I could understand your attitude but since I admitted that I read it on another site, I don't understand your attitude and I will post what I want. I will only post something as fact if I have a link to prove that it was printed, since I wasn't there. Just because you was Ashley's friend does NOT give you a right to reprimand me for what I posted.
WHY

Charleston, WV

#9 Jan 31, 2011
Ray, Thank you for your comment. I can't imagine your pain throughout this tragedy. I am sorry for your loss.
Ray wrote:
This is my aunt and my cousin. Believe me the family is as dumbfounded as the general public. We don't have any answers either. This is not a poor family. We are a very close family and even those of us who seen Ashley on a daily basis didn't know she was pregnant. She went to great extremes to keep it concealed from us. We believe as a family that they should get a fair trial and recieve the appropriate punishment. Baby Jordan is now going to recieve a proper burial from the family that would have loved to have known her. The only answer that we have is sometimes people do crazy things and we don't know why. We would appreciate your understanding and privacy during this time of great lose to our family.
WHY

Charleston, WV

#10 Jan 31, 2011
I am very sorry for your loss. I can't imagine your pain. Thank you for helping some of us understand the situation a little better.

I remember meeting your mother a long time ago. She was a very sweet lady. I agree with you, this would definitely rip her heart out. God bless your sweet Mother and your family throughout this tragedy.
A BROTHER WITH QUESTIONS wrote:
LISTEN FOLKS I AM TWYLAS BROTHER AND WE DIDNT KNOW ASHLEY WAS PREGNANT BUT WE DO KNOW THAT HER FATHER WAS A DOMINEARING MAN FOR HE KEPT TWYLA AND ASHLEY AWAY FROM US FOR MOST OF HER LIFE.
WHEN TWYLAS FATHER PASSED AWAY IN 1997 THATS WHEN HER HUSBAND STOPPED ALMOST COMPLETELY OF LETTING HER SEE HER SIDE OF THE FAMILY,AND HE NEVER LET TWYLA SEE HER MOTHER FOR THE ONLY TIME THAT WOULD HAPPEN IS IF WE LET HIM SING AT OUR FAMILY REUNIONS AND THEN HE WOULD MAKE SURE THAT THEY RUSHED OFF WITHIN A COUPLE HOURS TO GET TWYLA AND ASHLEY AWAY FROM US.
WE HAVE DONE EVERYTHING WE COULD TO GET TWYLA AND ASHLEY AT FAMILY FUNCTIONS BUT SHE ALWAYS CAME UP WITH EXCUSES.
I AM HURT,DISMAYED AND TOTALLY LOST OVER THIS AND TWYLAS SIDE OF THE FAMILY ALSO LOVED TWYLA AND ASHLEY SO HIS SIDE OF THE FAMILY ISNT THE ONLY ONES THAT LOVED THEM ITS JUST THAT HE NEVER LET THEM COME AROUND US AND WE TOO WOULD HAVE LOVED LITTLE JORDAN AND ALL WE WANT IS FOR THE TRUTH TO COME OUT AND ALL GUILTY PARTIES BE PUNISHED REGUARDLESS OF WHO IT IS TWYLA ,ASHLEY OR WHO EVER IT MAY BE.THANKS GOD OUR MOTHER HAS ALZHIEMERS FOR IF SHE DIDNT THIS WOULD PUT HER IN HER GRAVE.
AND TO FRIEND IM GLAD THERE IS SOMEONE THAT WAS THERE TO BE A FRIEND TO ASHLEY AND I PERSONALLY WANT TO SAY THANK YOU FROM MY HEART FOR AT LEAST YOU GOT TO SEE HER AND BE HER FRIEND WHERE I COULDNT GET CLOSE TO HER AT ALL NOR COULD ANY OTHER PART OF TWYLAS FAMILY
friend

Shenandoah, VA

#12 Feb 1, 2011
To Why: I'm sorry I didn't mean it that way it's just sometimes when others read something they don't look at the whole thing that was said. All they see is what they want to see. Usually its the bad I'm not saying you don't have a right to your opinion I just meant people are really bashing her enough already and its really hard for all the people involved to watch. I guess you can't really understand the attitude if you aren't the one seeing all this craziness go down first hand. I didn't mean to have an attitude. Please except my apology.I just meant there is alot of heresay and that's usually what people believe.

To a Brother With Questions: I was happy to be her friend along with all of us at work. You and your family are in our prayers. I hope everything comes out soon and that you all will be able to have some closure and some answers. And she did talk about not seeing her family often. I think she really wanted to.
Relative

Huntsville, AL

#13 Feb 2, 2011
I hope that someone she has listed on her visitor list at the jail will convince her to tell the truth about everything - her home life - including her father's affect on her life, what took her to this point and everyone involved in this. I haven't seen Ashley in long time and I do not know what happened, but the only way to help herself is to tell the truth - no matter who it hurts.
rohfan81

Floyd, VA

#14 Feb 2, 2011
I knew ashley for a short time but she was a sweet girl who was terrified of her father finding out about the pregnancy he is a dommenering man who wanted to control every aspect of her life who she was with where she was who she talked to on the phone etc its pretty much the reason why we stopped talking that and her confusion about what she wanted but thats neither here or there now.It just breaks my heart i nearly puked when i heard the news and i still dont understand it.I dont have the words to explain how sorry i am for the whole family and i really wonder if her father didnt have something to do with it as awful as it is to say.I reached out to her in a letter to say if you need to talk im here idk what else to do its very hard to see someone you once had feelings for and thought you knew be in a situation like this.Im so very sorry to her family i dont even have the words but at least someone is speaking out about her home life because the media is making them out to be monsters truth is no one other than them and maybe a select few others know what really happened
friend

Pulaski, VA

#15 Feb 2, 2011
I know this family, I know that brian meadows rules these 2 women with an iron fist, I believe that they are not being completly honest with the investigation in order to protect brian meadows!! I find it so unbelievable that these two abused women did this thing by themselves.
WHY

Oakvale, WV

#16 Feb 3, 2011
New charge filed in Wythe Co. baby death case
YTHE COUNTY, VA --
The suspected mother and grandmother of a baby who was found dead in a Wythe County cave, both face a new felony charge in the case.
Our Media General newsroom at the Wytheville Enterprise reports prosecutors added a charge of "felonious abuse and neglect of a child resulting in serious injury" this morning against 20-year-old Ashley-April Charlene Meadows, and 60-year-old Twyla J. Meadows.
The Wythe County Sheriff's Office has previously said that the pair could face additional charges in the case, after investigators receive the autopsy report on the child from the Medical Examiner's office in Roanoke.
Twyla Meadows also had a bond hearing this morning in Wythe County Juvenile and Domestic Relations Court. Judge Harriet D.Dorsey set a secured bond for her at $20,000, and denied bond for Ashley Meadows.
As a condition of the bond, neither woman is allowed to contact the other.
Twyla Meadows is represented by Jeffery Scott of the Public Defender's Office in Pulaski. Her daughter's attorney is Terri Bowles.

http://www2.wsls.com/news/2011/feb/03/new-cha...
Eva

Verona, NJ

#17 Feb 3, 2011
friend wrote:
I know this family, I know that brian meadows rules these 2 women with an iron fist, I believe that they are not being completly honest with the investigation in order to protect brian meadows!! I find it so unbelievable that these two abused women did this thing by themselves.
So..they (Twyla and Ashley) are not cooperating with the police investigators because they are scared of Mr.Meadows? He can't get to them now, they NEED to be truthful and tell EVERYTHING to the police, because it will only HELP them in the long run. Why protect Brian Meadows and possibly do a jail sentence? He is NOT worth the two of them going to prison! It is time for them ALL to come clean, time to tell the truth.
PJordan

Beckley, WV

#18 Feb 4, 2011
The very first thing anyone should learn here is that someone that alienates you from your family, friends or others that you love is abusing you. When this type of abuse is heaped upon a mother, it will to be heaped upon any children born of the union. It will become a norm for the entire family. To live in fear every day, to have people you love used against you is a terrible, terrible burden to bear. It has been my experience through out life that this type of situation generally has some very serious side effects of people, including post traumatic stress syndrome, insecurity, inability to give and recieve love in an appropriate manner, stock holm syndrome, continuance of abuse, and quite possibly sexual assault for both this mother and her daughter using this as a ways and means of control, punishment, shame, and torture in many ways. I pray that the truth does come out for everyone concerned. Sometimes death, even thought we are not to judge, is far better than the life the child would have led if the Grandfater was such an abuser, and most times victims of the abuse are just too beaten down, too isolated, and too afraid to break the cycle of abuse. I am thankful that we do have a forgiving God.
friend

Pulaski, VA

#19 Feb 4, 2011
Im aware of the cycle of abuse, but there are millions, and I mean millions who have overcome abuse and have never hurt a child! Im so sick of this crap on here, who is standing up for the child? Where is the compassion for a life that ended in neglect and abuse? How can someone lie down at night and not see that angels face? At first I was heartbroken for that family, now Im just ticked off!!!!! I cannot see any reason for them doing something so horrible. They were not so isolated that they did not go to work, they had cell phones, they had vehicles, they were in the public, Im sure policemen came into burger king and ashley had the opportunity to confide in one of them, so what if dad is an asshole? this is 2011, not the 1950's there were so many options available to them other than throwing a helpless child in a cave. Until the new charges came out I was feeling pain for them, but now that its official the child was alive and someone neglected it and abused it, my pain for them has turned to anger. where the crap is Brian in all of this? do you think he really didn't know that a child was in the home, that his daughter was pregnant, that
the child was missing? Cmon people, our sympathy belongs with that little angel who was left, yet to be decided whether alive or dead, in a cold damp cave for the animals to have? I care more for my dog than they did for that child!!!! Empathy belongs with the child, certainly not with the ones who did this horrible thing!!!!!! And bond was granted to Twyla, so why has not it been paid? she is still in jail, maybe brian told her to stay there, who knows, but I know one thing for sure there is a just God, and they my slide here on this earth, but rest assured there is a hereafter where everyone will answer for the things they have done, and how are they gonna face The God who gave them the opportunity to be a parent and grandparents and explain that?
friend

Pulaski, VA

#20 Feb 4, 2011
cmon pjordan, you are blaming the cycle of abuse as this? should I name to you at least 7 people who came up in abused homes and I mean more than just "isolation" who are contributing members to society, who are parents, who love their children enought to die for them? I know one of them who was not even allowed the public school system, but today is a teacher, a parent, a grandparent, and member of several foundations, NO EXCUSE for that child being in a cave, NONE
WHY

Oakvale, WV

#21 Feb 4, 2011
Some things are NOT adding up to me. If this grandfather was so controlling and domineering, how did Ashley get pregnant in the first place??? On break at Burger King???? Why have there been several guys come forward and claim they could be the father of this innocent angel??? How did Ashley get away from her controlling, domineering father to be with these guys??? With that being said, I do believe that Twyla and Ashley was kept away from Twyla's side of the family and I believe they knew nothing of the pregnancy or much of anything going on with Twyla and Ashley. Twyla's mother is a wonderful woman with a huge heart of gold.

I am not fully buying the cycle of abuse theory ether. Twyla and Ashley know that the grandfather can not get to them now and they will not tell the truth. There are so many resources out there now for abused women. I lived through it from 1980-1987 and the help just wasn't there at that time. After many women has lost their lives due to DV, that has changed some. I am not saying it is perfect but it is better than it was. I believe they could have gotten help at any time if they wanted it. I got out of a very voilatile situation in 1987 when there wasn't that much help and police would tell you they did not get involved in DV situtions.

I am having a hard time understanding where these friends of Ashley's was during the time this was going on. If the community, some that have been posting on public message boards, knew how bad the grandfather was, why didn't they do something BEFORE NOW. Did they ever offer Ashley a place to stay? Did anyone ever talk to Ashley and try to get her to leave? Did this church ignore this situation? Why didn't someone take some kind of action before it was too late if all these people knew how bad the grandfather was??? Did no one confront the grandfather about his actions??? With that being said, I am NOT blaming anyone for the death of this innocent angel except the two that have been charged in relation to the baby's death. I just don't understand how a community can sit back and do nothing if so many people knew how bad the situation was.

I have also saw posts saying the father must be a horrible person. Maybe not those exact words but judging the father of the baby. To my knowledge no male has been charged in relation to this crime and I suspect the father of this baby had no idea what was going on until it was too late. I don't see how anyone can judge someone that, to my knowledge, had no clue as to what was going on. Besides, at this point, I don't think anyone knows who the father was.

Some have said how wrong it is for me to pass judgement without knowing all the facts. Maybe that is true but how fair is it that a gift from God was left alone in a cold dark damp cave??? How fair is it that an innocent life was taken before they had a chance to live??? How many facts do you need before you pass judgement? I know for a fact that an angel was found dead in a cold dark cave. I know for a fact that only two people have been charged with this crime. The police believe the baby lived for 12 days. I know for a fact that the two people charged are not telling the truth. I know for a fact that I will stand up for an innocent life that never had a fair chance at life, and if that is so wrong, please feel free to continue judging me, because I want JUSTICE FOR THIS INNOCENT ANGEL!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Max Meadows Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Crystal SHARTIZ cop r not 20 hr --Crack Rabbit-- 4
Wytheville, Va.------A wonderful place to live 20 hr --Crack Rabbit-- 4
Suboxine Doctor Fri Ophelius Pontiac 3
Community Center Fri Two aspirins call... 15
Quentin Hensley and son Dec 1 former student 16
Searching Nov 30 mike Mallory 2
shana v Nov 29 Shana Viar 20

Max Meadows Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance