New glory - Hawaii Features

New glory - Hawaii Features

There are 8 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Jul 2, 2009, titled New glory - Hawaii Features. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

What a difference a few years make. Few Americans were ever against the red, white and blue, but as recently as two years ago, many were hesitant to don the symbolic color combination when to do so risked being associated with the hawkish cult of "You're either with us or against us" flag wavers who helped turn our once-respected nation into a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

Totally HOT

Kailua, HI

#2 Jul 2, 2009
Nahoku, totally HOT!
Ala Moana Doom

United States

#3 Jul 2, 2009
I read the pic caption going 'who the hell is going to wear ugly $200+ jeans and an ugly $100+ shirt?!' Read the article, then saw that it's nothing but spam for Ala Moana.
No wonder LOL

Honolulu, HI

#4 Jul 2, 2009
Do we realy need political advice from the fashiom police?

Sierra Vista, AZ

#6 Jul 2, 2009
Are you freaking kidding me? I travel overseas for my job all the time, we are as unliked now as we were when Bush was president. Obama has done nothing to improve our image overseas. Guantanamo Bay? Still open. Iraq? Still 120,000 troops there. And that is just for starters........And people wonder why the advertiser gets more hits than this paper?

United States

#7 Jul 2, 2009
Star Bulletin has to get with the program. How can any normal person afford $200 jeans and $100 shirts. why not advertise some stuff we can actually afford.

Since: Feb 08

Kaneohe, Hawaii

#8 Jul 2, 2009
People not wanting to wear red, white, and blue? That is one of the dumbest things I have ever read here.I never stopped. Supporting your country you do regardless of who is president.
you cannot be serious

Honolulu, HI

#9 Jul 2, 2009
i've never heard such [email protected] in all my life. FIrst you say 'few' were against, then you say 'many' were against - sounds like you are in the latter group & should perhaps spend some time in Iran or North Korea where national pride is more akin to national slavery.

Honolulu, HI

#10 Jul 3, 2009
Wearing red, white, and blue is and always has been an insult to our flag and country. But that's what you intended, didn't you Nadine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maunaloa Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Maunaloa Music Thread (Aug '13) Jul '16 Musikologist 10
Lanai City Music Thread (Aug '13) Mar '16 Musikologist 9
News Kalaupapa tribute planned (Jan '16) Jan '16 LJAINAK77 1
Time to Bring the Honu Home (Aug '15) Aug '15 GeorgeBalazs 1
best free dating sites 2012 (Sep '13) May '14 juliet 2
News Interisland shipping slowly on the rise (Nov '13) Nov '13 Skye 4
News Lonely ranch on Molokai (Mar '13) Mar '13 Jane Michelson-Be... 1

Maunaloa Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance