Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Dumb

Mountain Home, AR

#20177 Jan 2, 2013
Redd wrote:
A Earth shattering new study...
http://www.businessinsider.com/study-watching...
..reinforces what most already knew.
Maybe this revelation was what the Mayans were really trying to tell us.
Why dont you bastards get a job.
Old Army

Vilonia, AR

#20178 Jan 2, 2013
Guest wrote:
Ahhhh beer was good so was football game... Michgan sucked hehe!!!
You have to admit that you thought your ass-kicken chickens were going to lose when Shaw got injured (at least Shaw thought so).
Old Army

Vilonia, AR

#20179 Jan 2, 2013
Billy Bob wrote:
<quoted text> Yer right so you say.... I could wright a lot on here too but doesn't mean its true. and after your past post's its hard to be-leave anything you say.
I really don't give a damn what you believe. Unlike you, a proven liar, I have not written anything on here that isn't true.

Since: Sep 10

Searcy, AR

#20180 Jan 2, 2013
tptb suck wrote:
We may live in a new age, but that doesn't mean me or many of us will accept that gracefully. We have let what happens happen and we have just went along with it, but that won't last much longer, I just about guarantee that. If you "progressives" such as Obama, George bush, the house, senate, and everyone who thinks that the power lays and needs to lay in the hands of our totalitarian government keep pushing us around and lording over us, we will not simply be idle forever. We will make you people regret what you have done to us for so long, and are intending to do to us.
Bring it on. These colors don't run.
he who knows

Little Rock, AR

#20181 Jan 2, 2013
EdithMae wrote:
I am so proud Pres. Obama stands for the American people who elected him and against the obstructionists. We are in a new age. Keep up or get left behind. When we finish paying for Bush wars and tax cuts for his "base" we will again be a land of plenty. Moving on up.
It's obvious that you are one of the 49% who pay NO federal taxes ! National debt and overspending mean nothing to you.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#20182 Jan 2, 2013
he who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious that you are one of the 49% who pay NO federal taxes ! National debt and overspending mean nothing to you.
Pay em ever quarter hun prolly pay more than you make. I hid when the school bus come but Papa sure did teach me how to work hard and save and be honest and help people who dont have as much as me. I put a quater in the bank for every dollar I ever earned. "It's obvious that you" cant keep up.
Billy Bob

United States

#20183 Jan 2, 2013
tptb suck wrote:
This conversation isn't getting anywhere because it is impossible to change the minds of those government following sheep that want to follow and believe what they are told, without question, from the overlords you seem to think deserve all the power in this country. You are a fool. Not because you agree with the government, but because you refuse to question them or their motives.
Must be talking about GW Bush and the GOP Republicans. Remember when they had the country living in fear and got the patriot act signed?

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#20185 Jan 2, 2013
he who knows wrote:
<quoted text>
What is obvious, is EdithMae just cleaned your clock, Just maybe Ole EdithMae had a 401k she put that Quarter in,

PRAY TELL, bless her country heart.

[2012 returns and balances update] Fidelity Investments, the nation’s largest employer sponsored 401(k) administrator, recently published its 2012 statistics covering 20,200 401(k) plans with 12 million participants, showing that the average 401(k) balance was $75,900. This was the highest end-of-quarter average since the company it began tracking the data in 2000. It is up 18 percent from $64,300 a year ago. The gains were driven by double digit increases over the last year in the S&P 500, boosting investment returns in 401(k)s.

http://www.savingtoinvest.com/2012/01/2011-av...

Location hidden

#20186 Jan 2, 2013
guest wrote:
Since obama decided to soak the rich, hello layoffs and less people hired. Hello 13 or 14% unemployment rate. Oh and by the way be sure to call obama on his 5 million hawaiian vacation(paid by us taxpayers) to thank obama for all our smaller paychecks and don't forget to thank him for lying to all of us about all of our taxes going up. After all this was what the obama voters decided to give up as a new years gift, a president who clearly doesn't have a clue how to run a country. One other gift he has decided to give in march an absolutely total refusal to cut spending in march when obama and congress have the debt ceiling debate. After all he just told congress he would not be back into a corner on cutting spending. In another words he wants to raise the debt ceiling again. When is enough spending going to be enough for all of you. If he truly cares for america he won't spend no more. Remember enjoy those smaller paychecks care of obama.
"hello Since obama decided to soak the rich, hello layoffs and less people hired"

LMAO, see the close of todays markets?

By CHRISTINA REXRODE

NEW YORK – The “fiscal cliff” compromise, even with all its chaos, controversy and unresolved questions, was enough to ignite the stock market on Wednesday, the first trading day of the new year.

The Dow Jones industrial average careened more than 300 points higher, its biggest gain since December 2011. It’s now just 5 percent below its record high close reached in October 2007. The Russell 2000, an index that tracks smaller companies, shot up to the highest close in its history.

The reverie multiplied across the globe, with stock indexes throughout Europe and Asia leaping higher. A leading British index, the FTSE 100, closed above 6,000 for the first time since July 2011.

http://www.masslive.com/business-news/index.s...
tptb suck

Heber Springs, AR

#20187 Jan 2, 2013
I said earlier that it matters not whether the right boot or left boot stomps the American populace. While it is true that I believe liberals need to find another country, I never said I like republicans either, because I don't like them either. The best candidate this election was Ron Paul, even though I do not agree with some of his values. I would rather have Vladimir Putin over me than Obama or Romney either one. And George Bush and Clinton both could go find a nice concrete slab at the bottom of the Mariana Trench for all I care

Location hidden

#20188 Jan 2, 2013
guest wrote:
Since obama decided to soak the rich, hello layoffs and less people hired. Hello 13 or 14% unemployment rate. Oh and by the way be sure to call obama on his 5 million hawaiian vacation(paid by us taxpayers) to thank obama for all our smaller paychecks and don't forget to thank him for lying to all of us about all of our taxes going up. After all this was what the obama voters decided to give up as a new years gift, a president who clearly doesn't have a clue how to run a country. One other gift he has decided to give in march an absolutely total refusal to cut spending in march when obama and congress have the debt ceiling debate. After all he just told congress he would not be back into a corner on cutting spending. In another words he wants to raise the debt ceiling again. When is enough spending going to be enough for all of you. If he truly cares for america he won't spend no more. Remember enjoy those smaller paychecks care of obama.
FactCheck.org was writing about the anonymous chain emails about Obama’s travel costs and noted in July that the stories about Obama’s travel expenses are,“part of continuing pattern of false and misleading claims about the travels of the president and the first lady,” and that Obama used Air Force One less in his first two years in office than George W. Bush did.

That same pattern of false information about Obama’s travel costs relative to Bush’s is also rampant on right wing blogs, websites, and Fox News. The cost of Obama’s Christmas vacation is a good example of how right wing media can take a small fact like vacation costs or the number of Americans paying taxes in a single year and build an entire misinformation campaign around it.

The total cost of Obama’s Christmas vacation may be $4 million, but George W. Bush spent exponentially more taxpayers dollars, because he used Air Force One for political purposes in an attempt to distract the public from the amount of days that he was spending on vacation. In flights alone just for himself, George W. Bush spent five times more money flying just himself to Texas than Obama is spending on an entire Christmas vacation.

It is likely that the Bush administration spent hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars on vacations, but the false outrage machine is on overdrive due to one Obama Christmas vacation.

By not including the cost of everything, the Obama bashers distorted the numbers to make it appear that Obama was lavishly spending taxpayer dollars on vacations, but a look inside the numbers reveals that nobody knows how to waste taxpayer dollars quite like the GOP.

Merry Christmas, Republicans. Here’s to another false Obama smear debunked.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#20191 Jan 2, 2013
tptb suck wrote:
I said earlier that it matters not whether the right boot or left boot stomps the American populace. While it is true that I believe liberals need to find another country, I never said I like republicans either, because I don't like them either. The best candidate this election was Ron Paul, even though I do not agree with some of his values. I would rather have Vladimir Putin over me than Obama or Romney either one. And George Bush and Clinton both could go find a nice concrete slab at the bottom of the Mariana Trench for all I care
We found another Country in 1776...but maybe you could apply to the Russian Embassy for asylum out there in Hooterville through your local law enforcement agency and the FBI. Bet they would offer you a hand with emigration to Russia.

Flew in from Miami Beach BOAC
Didn't get to bed last night
On the way the paper bag was on my knee
Man, I had a dreadful flight
I'm back in the USSR
You don't know how lucky you are, boy
Back in the USSR, yeah
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#20192 Jan 2, 2013
guest wrote:
One other thing barney,obama has done blew the budget on the christmas vacation traveling back and forth and yes he spent 5 million taxpayer dollars on his vacation. Your president is living high on the hog while lots of americans are struggling just trying to make ends meet. I'm not fine with him spending so much money when americans are suffering and you should be either. Wake up barney.
On May 1st, Florida Rep. Allen West complained of President Obama’s “wining and dining” at the White House Correspondents Dinner. GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney has also used President Obama’s down time and golf outings as a campaign issue. On April 27th, House Speaker John Boehner demanded President Obama reimburse taxpayers for trips on Air Force One to North Carolina, Colorado and Iowa.

“This is the biggest job in the world and I’ve never seen a president make it smaller,” Speaker Boehner complained.

But did Boehner, Conners, Romney or West stop to compare President Obama’s vacation time to other Presidents?

Calls to several Presidential libraries reveal that President Obama’s predecessor, George W. Bush, was on vacation more — 1,020 days — than any U.S. President since Herbert Hoover and possibly more than any other President in history.

Even President Franklin D. Roosevelt, who was in office 12 years from 1933 to 1945, was on vacation less days than President Bush at 958 days. Calls to several Presidential Libraries reveal that no President can come close to Bush’s 1,020 days on vacation in an 8 year period. Even Lyndon Johnson, who spent 484 days at his ranch in Texas and at Camp David during his presidency, came in under Bush’s vacation time. Some claim the cost of Bush’s frequent trips to Crawford, Texas cost taxpayers upwards of $20 million, but the numbers are hard to confirm.

A recession started in 2001 as Bush took office after 22 million jobs were created during the Clinton Administration from 1993 to 2000. Bush began wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and presided over the loss of 4 million jobs. The debt when Bush left office was $10.6 trillion. In 2005, the Washington Post noted President Bush’s frequent vacations in a piece titled Vacationing Bush Poised to Set a Record as Bush took the longest single vacation — 5 weeks — of any President in 36 years.
Redd

Little Rock, AR

#20193 Jan 2, 2013
guest wrote:
One other thing barney,obama has done blew the budget on the christmas vacation .
President Bush spent 32% of his presidency on vacation.

Bush passed Reagan in total vacation days in 2005 with three and a half years left in his presidency. Reagan spent all or part of 335 days in Santa Barbara over his 8 year presidency. Bush spent 487 days at Camp David during his presidency and 490 days at his Crawford, Texas ranch, a total of 977 days.

When you add the days President Bush spent at Kennebunkport, Maine, he spent a total of 1,020 days away from the White House — close to 3 years. At 1,020 days, Bush was close to being on vacation more days than President John F. Kennedy’s total days in office (1,036). Representatives at the Nixon and Johnson Libraries indicate those two Presidents were on vacation less than 1,000 days during their terms.

President Obama has been on vacation 78 days from 2009 to 2011. At the three year mark into their first terms, George W. Bush spent 180 days at his ranch in Crawford, Texas and Ronald Reagan spent 112 vacation days at his ranch in California. Of course, staff was around all three Presidents on vacations and all White House aides argue that the commander-in-chief is never “out of touch” with work.

Calls to the Eisenhower and Truman Libraries reveal that those Presidents were not on vacation for more than 1,020 days. Eisenhower was on vacation for 456 days during his 8 years in office. When asked on whether President Herbert Hoover’s vacation days could be over 500 for 4 years a historian at the Hoover Library said,“No chance. Everyone agrees he was a grinder — he was the kind of guy for whom a vacation was rare — his vacation days were less than 50.” Hoover was in office from 1929 to 1933. Frequently Hoover either drove himself on brief trips or was driven by a military attachment or took the train.

President Obama was on vacation for 26 days during his first year in office (2009). Ronald Reagan spent 42 days on vacation during his first year in office (1981). President George H.W. Bush was on vacation less than his son, 40 days, in 1989, his first year in office. President Obama was on vacation less in his first year in office than the previous three Republican Presidents.

No President since Reagan was on vacation less than Bill Clinton. Presidents Clinton and Carter vacationed the least of any of the last seven chief executives.

All Presidents point out that work is being done on vacation. FDR’s Presidential Library included the following note with their information on President Roosevelt’s vacations:“It should be noted that no sitting modern president, including President Roosevelt, can ever take “a vacation.” Simply being away from the White House does not constitute a vacation. In President Roosevelt’s case, even while relaxing at Hyde Park, Warm Springs, or on a fishing cruise, he received mail, reviewed dispatches, signed and vetoed legislation, met with political and world leaders, and delivered press conferences and speeches. During wartime, his periods of true relaxation were even fewer.”
tptb suck

Heber Springs, AR

#20195 Jan 2, 2013
tptb suck wrote:
Your country was started in 1865 when you won the first civil because that moron with no honor, Jefferson Davis, gave in. That was the start of the worship of that oath-breaker suka (look it up, I can't use the word I wish too) who's only true claim to fame was being the first president to break the constitution. It seems to be a game now to see who can give out the most illegal, totalitarian, immoral, and totally sugar coated executive orders and "laws" that only the people have to follow. Not the government. It doesn't follow the rules unless it wants too.
The first civil war

Location hidden

#20196 Jan 2, 2013
guest wrote:
<quoted text>barney When you tax everybody they stop spending. Washington on the other hand would not know how to stop spending. They are robbering our great great grand children .
Sorry, IM not buying your right wing talking points.

From fiscal 2009 to fiscal 2012, the deficit shrank 3.1 percentage points, from 10.1% to 7.0% of GDP.

Military spending is now on the decline due to fewer troops in Iraq and Afghanistan;

and after the last year's Budget Control Act, excluding the automatic cuts set to take effect in January, nondefense discretionary spending is already on a path to shrink to 2.7% of GDP, well below the 3.9% average, notes the Center on Budget and Policy Priorities.

Read More At IBD: http://news.investors.com/blogs-capital-hill/...
Reality Check

Sherwood, AR

#20197 Jan 2, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
You did post it.
What he does not understand and you to obviously,
I was saying your comments were hypocritical.
Uh sure, if that makes you feel better.
swamp donkey

United States

#20199 Jan 2, 2013
Bring back white power

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#20200 Jan 2, 2013
guest wrote:
LMAO!!!
dont know nothin

Yakima, WA

#20201 Jan 2, 2013
Realtiy Check wrote:
<quoted text>
If Obama keeps the tax structure the same as it currently is then the 98% keeps lower taxes. If he stands firm on his "must tax the rich more" and we go over the cliff then the 98% get crushed. It's that simple. It would be different if taxing the rich would solve the problem but it won't. It would be like bringing 20 gallons of water to a house fire. Sure it will put out some of the fire but your still going to lose the house so what good have you done? You could have just saved someone the $.03 on their water bill and been $.03 ahead because you were going to lose the house anyway only bringing 20 gallons to put it out. You ask how the cost of goods will go up? Surely you understand this. Businesses are owned by those considered to be in the 2%. If you raise taxes on them then they will have two choices, pass it on to the consumers of their products and survive or absorb it and go under. I know you believe that all owners of successful businesses are just rolling in the money but it's not that way. Believe me, I am talking from experience and you are talking from perception and they are a world apart. The sooner you realize that politics is just a game that those at the top play without reguard to the consequences to those below them the sooner you will start seeing the truth. Until then you are going to keep lookig like an idiot that points the finger at the republican party for every woe America faces. You do realize that no one can be right all of the time. As for American politics I would say that politicians on either side are right about 20% of the time which is pathetic.
you are a poorly misguided individual... lol is there any hope for you? i think not.. but their's always hope...and something had to be done about the cliff.. period and taxes are just fine .. not what would have been better but compromise always leads to success... and believe me there are millions of business owners in this country who are not considered the "2%" so i don't know what the hell your talking about there... and believe me you sir have never EVER been in the top 2% of individuals and you know personally know NOONE that has been so you sir in spite of your best efforts to protest your side of the issue you have completly failed.... your opinion does not matter.. when you start using some real facts instead of ideas and thoughts that you just pull out of your head then your word might be credible.. but don't sit here and say that just because you owned a business you know what the hell is going on ... it's not that hard to start up and run a business or be a business owner i know several and their lives are perfectly fine so don't give me that bs... and the sooner you believe that those so called politics that people play in "washington" effect your everyday damn life then you might actually learn something... i'm not the only individual pointing a finger at the republican party .. even high ranking constituants within it's own damn party have said what they are doing is a bunch of BS.. they can't even vote on a damn bill for hurrican sandy relief.... THE FIRST TIME IN OUR HISTORY THAT HAS HAPPEND.... alot of other BS 1st timeers have been inacted under this POS lame duck congress held by at scum of a leader Boehner... so before you open your little mouth take a listen to what your own party is saying about itself.. Republicans and all they stand for now-adays are nothing but a joke and the world is slowly realizing that...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maumelle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In Need of a Sugar Daddy 2 hr KatKohlstedt 7
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 8 hr bubba ali mohamad 19,489
Alone on Thanksgiving 15 hr guest 6
Hardcore Divorce Attorneys Tue nursca 7
Ferguson Tue Guest 1
Daycare Should be paid by both parents Nov 23 ThatsMe 5
protest Nov 23 elvis 1
Maumelle Dating
Find my Match

Maumelle People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Maumelle News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Maumelle

Personal Finance