CitizenMaumelle

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Why are some dentist so deceptive in their practices? They give you a estimate that they know is incomplete or just wrong and then double or triple the cost while you are there.

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 30, 2010

I would HIGHLY advise not going to any dentist in Maumelle. Tracey Windham in LR is great and will work out a payment plan with you. Austin Family Dentistry would not file with insurance so we stopped going there.
CitizenMaumelle

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2010

Dr Smith even went as far as give a written estimate then telling me that the material used for the filling haddn't been approved by insurance for years, yet he continues to use it for estimate purposes. The bill was 3 times the estimate. I paid twice the estimate and now he wants to sue me for the balance. What a crook.
lightning bug

Maumelle, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 2, 2010

I went to Dr Smith a couple years ago and will not go back. He talks way too much and is too rough when he works on you. During the time I went there he always had a different nurse working with him.
CitizenMaumelle

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 3, 2010

I went to another Dentist in town and they told me how much it would be to get a filling. It was more money than I had so I went to Dr Smith and He gave me a written estimate. It was more in my budget and I told him why I chose him. Then I get this huge bill. So much for shopping around.

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 28, 2010

Judged:

I no longer use Smith or Austin in Maumelle. I have 2 insurances and Austin Family Dentistry wanted me to pay in full for a crown and then they would reimburse me once my dental insurance paid. Smith's office would not file with my primary, Delta Dental, b/c he did not like their fee schedule and tried to convince me to let them file only with my secondary. Ymm, can you say insurance fraud??? I turned his office over to Dustin McDaniel and the Arkansas Insurance COmmission.
melloyello

North Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 19, 2010

Smith's office is currently closed...do some digging into the reason. Interesting stuff!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Maumelle Discussions

Search the Maumelle Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Identity (Jun '08) 2 hr Angie L 14
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr Abdullah OBrian 18,591
Review: Roll Out (Aug '11) 5 hr Guy down the street 19
Arkansas Medical Marijuana Vote Nov. 6th (Aug '12) 8 hr Dustin Aaron Beeson 202
Clifford Dillon (Sep '13) 13 hr Nicole 2
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 19 hr Read the Headlines 9,796
AR Did you vote today? (Jun '10) 19 hr Puppets 29,107
•••
•••
•••
•••

Maumelle Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Maumelle People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE