titonton divaunte pants

United States

#17338 Jan 18, 2013
woo-boy wrote:
sorry I'm not real up to speed on wisconsin state politics. LOL! Hey but at least you don't get distracted by all the voter fraud purposely reported on to distract us from what the corporate puppets are really up to.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#17339 Jan 18, 2013
titonton divaunte pants wrote:
<quoted text> I said I THINK it should be illegal if you didn't have a residence, a bill utility bill paid, or an existing license that proves you were living in ohio. That or I THINK that they should ge rid of the electoral college. I am aware of many of our stupid laws, you're welcome.
I can't really see a way you would legally prove state of last residence without...well, proof of the state of last residence!

So you would like to make registering without proof of last residence illegal, despite the fact that it wouldn't currently be possible to register legally without proof of your last state of residence?

And your initial complaint was that a woman was helping overseas residents gain this proof, which you feel should be required?

I am simply in awe of both your knowledge of voting processes and your enlightened commentary on them.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#17340 Jan 19, 2013
As manufacturing bounces back from recession, unions are left behind
By Jim Tankersley, Published: January 16

Last July was a good month for factory workers in Anderson, Ind., where a Honda parts supplier announced plans to build a new plant and create up to 325 jobs. But it was a grim month in the Cleveland suburbs, where an industrial plastics firm told the state of Ohio it was closing a plant and laying off 150 people.

Nearly all of the Ohio workers belonged to a labor union. Workers at the Indiana plant don’t. Their fates fit a post-recession pattern: American factories are hiring again, but they’re not hiring union members.

U.S. manufacturers have added a half-million new workers since the end of 2009, making the sector one of the few bright spots in an otherwise weak recovery. And yet there were 4 percent fewer union factory workers in 2012 than there were in 2010, according to federal survey data. On balance, all of the job gains in manufacturing have been non-union.

The trend underscores a central conundrum in the “manufacturing renaissance” that President Obama loves to tout as an economic accomplishment: The new manufacturing jobs are different from the ones that delivered millions of American workers a ticket to the middle class over the past half-century.

It used to be that factory jobs paid substantially better than other jobs in the private sector, particularly for workers who didn’t go to college. That’s less true today, especially for non-union workers in the industry, who earn salaries that are about 7 percent lower than similar workers who are represented by a union.

By one measure — average hourly earnings — a typical manufacturing worker now earns less than a typical private-sector worker of any industry. Throughout the 30 years before the recession, the reverse was the case.

The changes have very likely allowed U.S. manufacturers to compete better in the global economy, and in the process, to start hiring again. Conservative economists say that as U.S. companies pay workers less, the firms’ costs go down and they become more attractive to investors.

Unions, contends James Sherk, a senior policy analyst at the conservative Heritage Foundation, have not been able to sell themselves as a “value proposition” in the manufacturing sector.“Unionized firms are not getting the investment,” he said.“Where investors see the opportunity is non-unionized firms.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/econom...
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#17341 Jan 20, 2013
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
I can't really see a way you would legally prove state of last residence without...well, proof of the state of last residence!
So you would like to make registering without proof of last residence illegal, despite the fact that it wouldn't currently be possible to register legally without proof of your last state of residence?
And your initial complaint was that a woman was helping overseas residents gain this proof, which you feel should be required?
I am simply in awe of both your knowledge of voting processes and your enlightened commentary on them.
no. You can't read. I said she helped them obtain identification and the laws are too easy to break and get away with no investigation.
Millions of out of state citizens abuse californias medical cannabis laws the same way. Probably their election laws too. Or maybe there is an investigation....
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#17342 Jan 20, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
As manufacturing bounces back from recession, unions are left behind
By Jim Tankersley, Published: January 16
Last July was a good month for factory workers in Anderson, Ind., where a Honda parts supplier announced plans to build a new plant and create up to 325 jobs. But it was a grim month in the Cleveland suburbs, where an industrial plastics firm told the state of Ohio it was closing a plant and laying off 150 people.
Nearly all of the Ohio workers belonged to a labor union. Workers at the Indiana plant don’t. Their fates fit a post-recession pattern: American factories are hiring again, but they’re not hiring union members.
U.S. manufacturers have added a half-million new workers since the end of 2009, making the sector one of the few bright spots in an otherwise weak recovery. And yet there were 4 percent fewer union factory workers in 2012 than there were in 2010, according to federal survey data. On balance, all of the job gains in manufacturing have been non-union.
The trend underscores a central conundrum in the “manufacturing renaissance” that President Obama loves to tout as an economic accomplishment: The new manufacturing jobs are different from the ones that delivered millions of American workers a ticket to the middle class over the past half-century.
It used to be that factory jobs paid substantially better than other jobs in the private sector, particularly for workers who didn’t go to college. That’s less true today, especially for non-union workers in the industry, who earn salaries that are about 7 percent lower than similar workers who are represented by a union.
By one measure — average hourly earnings — a typical manufacturing worker now earns less than a typical private-sector worker of any industry. Throughout the 30 years before the recession, the reverse was the case.
The changes have very likely allowed U.S. manufacturers to compete better in the global economy, and in the process, to start hiring again. Conservative economists say that as U.S. companies pay workers less, the firms’ costs go down and they become more attractive to investors.
Unions, contends James Sherk, a senior policy analyst at the conservative Heritage Foundation, have not been able to sell themselves as a “value proposition” in the manufacturing sector.“Unionized firms are not getting the investment,” he said.“Where investors see the opportunity is non-unionized firms.”
http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/econom...
the same thing happens here too. Corporations close union plants in say, tennessee, and open a non union plant for the same production in ohio. 10 years later it moves to china ( on our dollar if they are big enough for a govt. bailout.)
See, the snow brush made in china is 10 dollars less than the one "made" in the usa ( usually the whole thing is made in china anyway and we "insource" an awesome job for an american. Like putting a sticker on every snow brush from the china plant that says made in the usa.)
That's the corporate plan for the world. China.
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#17343 Jan 20, 2013
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you. ;-)
are you thanking them for getting their id.s in a swing state this time?
I wouldn't care at all how its done if there weren't an electoral college. President Gore and first lady Tipper agree, for other reasons too.
nichyha

Waterford, MI

#17345 Jan 20, 2013
33A
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#17346 Jan 20, 2013
<quoted text> the same thing happens here too. Corporations close union plants in say, tennessee, and open a non union plant for the same production in ohio. 10 years later it moves to china ( on our dollar if they are big enough for a govt. bailout.)
See, the snow brush made in china is 10 dollars less than the one "made" in the usa ( usually the whole thing is made in china anyway and we "insource" an awesome job for an american. Like putting a sticker on every snow brush from the china plant that says made in the usa.)
That's the corporate plan for the world. China.
You can't blame corporations. Instead, blame the American consumer.

Companies only manufacture what they can sell. An American is not going to buy a snow brush for $10.00 if he can get the same brush for $4.00 made somewhere else. Americans don't care, as long as they can get it cheap.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#17347 Jan 20, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't blame corporations. Instead, blame the American consumer.
Companies only manufacture what they can sell. An American is not going to buy a snow brush for $10.00 if he can get the same brush for $4.00 made somewhere else. Americans don't care, as long as they can get it cheap.
You nailed it. And some people wonder why so many jobs have gone overseas. What choice does 98% of the intelligent consumers have? Especially in these sad times.
Justitia

United States

#17348 Jan 20, 2013
Not cool to make people and their children suffer this is not ok. Let the powers that be decide if this is ok. It is not ok to make people suffer. It is not ok to make money off of another persons suffering.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#17349 Jan 20, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>You nailed it. And some people wonder why so many jobs have gone overseas. What choice does 98% of the intelligent consumers have? Especially in these sad times.
So true. If we (as some suggested) have an import tax, that means Americans--especially poorer Americans, will have to do with less. So are we better off with Americans having less in product or Americans having less in employment?
titonton divaunte pants

United States

#17350 Jan 21, 2013
Pops wrote:
<quoted text>You nailed it. And some people wonder why so many jobs have gone overseas. What choice does 98% of the intelligent consumers have? Especially in these sad times.
why? What are we supposed to do, spend money we don't have? Is it our fault gas costs so much too? I blame our stupid set of corporate laws that give huge corporations an unfair advantage and leave any real us competition that would maybe compete, drowning in red tape.
Stupid in Mansfield

Akron, OH

#17351 Jan 21, 2013
Hey Pants! Corporations are "people" too! mit said so!
Old Guy

New Carlisle, OH

#17352 Jan 21, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
So true. If we (as some suggested) have an import tax, that means Americans--especially poorer Americans, will have to do with less. So are we better off with Americans having less in product or Americans having less in employment?
But, if you only consider price, what prevents a "race to the bottom", where the poorest, most oppressed workers set the pay standard for the rest of us?
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#17353 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>why? What are we supposed to do, spend money we don't have? Is it our fault gas costs so much too? I blame our stupid set of corporate laws that give huge corporations an unfair advantage and leave any real us competition that would maybe compete, drowning in red tape.
I think the EPA has saddled our refineries with so many regulations that it has to effect the price we pay at the pumps. Add to that the devaluing of our US dollar, the price of gas will never go below $3.00 per gallon again until we get some real leadership in this country.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17354 Jan 21, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the EPA has saddled our refineries with so many regulations that it has to effect the price we pay at the pumps. Add to that the devaluing of our US dollar, the price of gas will never go below $3.00 per gallon again until we get some real leadership in this country.
thank Nixon for that.

Since: Aug 12

United States

#17355 Jan 21, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.. same reason corn will never drop below 5 bucks ever again now. More so to the devaluation of the dollar.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#17356 Jan 21, 2013
Justitia wrote:
Not cool to make people and their children suffer this is not ok. Let the powers that be decide if this is ok. It is not ok to make people suffer. It is not ok to make money off of another persons suffering.
I understand your words but I'm not sure that I understand the msg.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#17357 Jan 21, 2013
UdintBuildThat wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly.. same reason corn will never drop below 5 bucks ever again now. More so to the devaluation of the dollar.
yeap and we can thank the Liberal G.W. Bush too just like Bruce Bartlett said In the Imposter, How George W. Bush Bankrupted America and Betrayed the Reagan Legacy and if go to Chapter 9 and he Starts out and say "George W. Bush's best known domesitc policy may be his relentless effort to cut taxes. Yet Ironically, he may ultimatelly be responsible for enactment of the largest tax increase in American history. It may not come on his watch, but it is inevitable and will be the direct results of Bush's Polices"

if you goto Chapter 5, which is titled "The Worst Record on Trade since Hoover" made things worse.
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#17358 Jan 21, 2013
<quoted text>why? What are we supposed to do, spend money we don't have? Is it our fault gas costs so much too? I blame our stupid set of corporate laws that give huge corporations an unfair advantage and leave any real us competition that would maybe compete, drowning in red tape.
I guess that my post could have been more concise. I was meaning to say that the consumer has to buy low cost foreign made goods.
I remember when Wal-Mart had signs throughout their stores different depts declaring US Made! They fazed that out to keep prices down to compete with their competition that was doing the same thing. After awhile, it became what it is now, a search to find competitive priced US goods, even when one tries.
Try finding a U.S. of A. flag made on shore. They exist but you have to shop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maumee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rachael Jarvis aka blaze 21 hr kevin 1
2 shootings reported in Toledo this weekend Tue jeffery hudson 1
Should all Mexicans be deported ? (Nov '12) Sep 23 Henry 15
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 19 Vic 231
observer from another state Sep 18 crack me up 1
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Sep 13 They cannot kill ... 191
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Aug '14 gary 2,230
Maumee Dating
Find my Match

Maumee Jobs

Maumee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Maumee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Maumee

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]