Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#15557 Dec 12, 2012
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>When 58% of respondents approve of the direction the state is headed, who do you think gets the credit? 97% of those people wouldn't be able to name their own state legislators.
You see, unlike DuPree, I present a source and an interpretation. All he presented were lies and his tail between his legs as he fled from my proof of his attempt at misinformation.
You cited a source that actually provided additional data from which one could conclude that the answer to your question (who gets the credit?) is clearly: not John Kasich.

But you ignored that part of the data.

You know what organization is really good implementing that tactic?

Fox/Bain News.

Get it?

woof

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#15558 Dec 12, 2012
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
nope
and honestly care less just like you
I am going to a party Friday with lots of friends; and hope that they don't run out of Tequila.
You seem to always be drinking. I can help you with that.

Location hidden

#15559 Dec 12, 2012
KARL II wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think the Preacher will run again and win?
Kasich fav/un 43/36
Preacher fav/un 41/29
Da Preacha has a higher margin, but a lower raw approval. 29% forgot who he was.
The 58% approval claim is just as bogus as Cousin's repeat from Ed Scultz and Madcow that RTW was only favored by 6% in Michigan.
The most recent number was 51%
http://blogs.detroitnews.com/politics/2012/12...
There was a poll by the Detroit Free Press/ EPIC-MRA, that had it at 47%.
Regardless, I don't think Kasich will be defeated because incumbents only get tossed in Ohio if the economy is bad (Strickland) or there is corruption.
Plus, Strickland was only close in 2010 because he had the NRA endorsement.
Strickland could win Ohio now, but we are hoping for VP to Hillary 2016. ;-)
Save Yourself

Canton, OH

#15561 Dec 12, 2012
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
nope
and honestly care less just like you
I am going to a party Friday with lots of friends; and hope that they don't run out of Tequila.
It would be difficult to measure the levels of douchieness you must achieve after you have been drinking Tequilla. Starting fights with women. Shouting something about communist robots at the neighbor's houses. Dancing like the scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz to the Thong Song while people toss coins at you and laugh. All while your wife cries and waits in the car. Yah, yah. I know. Your 12 steps are better than everyone else's.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#15562 Dec 12, 2012
Cousin DuPrees Cousin wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to know what he would run on. What's his platform anyway?

"Friends, I want to be your governor again. I promise to bring this state back into debt, and nothing like that 8 billion I left your current Governor with, I'm talking 12 or 15 billion. I promise more people leaving Ohio. I promise a higher unemployment rate than the national average. I promise much less jobs in Ohio--the same way it was before I left office. If you want Ohio to go back to the good ole days, elect me, Ted Strickland."

Yep. And I bet he would get every Democrat vote here in Ohio.

Location hidden

#15563 Dec 12, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to know what he would run on. What's his platform anyway?
"Friends, I want to be your governor again. I promise to bring this state back into debt, and nothing like that 8 billion I left your current Governor with, I'm talking 12 or 15 billion. I promise more people leaving Ohio. I promise a higher unemployment rate than the national average. I promise much less jobs in Ohio--the same way it was before I left office. If you want Ohio to go back to the good ole days, elect me, Ted Strickland."
Yep. And I bet he would get every Democrat vote here in Ohio.
Truth! Something foreign to GOP.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#15564 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
The Ds won't run two old white men in 2016
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#15565 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Really? So where am I wrong here? How good was Ohio doing by the time he left office?

Location hidden

#15566 Dec 12, 2012
Save Yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
Pipe down doomsday prepper. As in...put down the crack pipe, Rube E Tuesday. It's making you real twitchy and paranoid. I mean just because you're on the government watch list, doesn't mean you don't deserve to be. Once has to wonder when a nazi keeps seeing commies in the bushes. Maybe you and Reality For Dummies can share a tinfoil hat.
When WROL happens, all bets are off.

Location hidden

#15567 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Prosperity! Something foreign to Leftist run California!

Don't forget Illinois along with it!

Location hidden

#15568 Dec 12, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't speculate upon whether Strickland would run, and whether he will or not is really irrelevant to the issue here.
The point is, Ohioans are not enamored with the Governor.
Also, the numbers you cite are incorrect:
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/institutes-centers/...
woof
Only the first number is incorrect, the actual number was 42/35. The rest are correct.

Location hidden

#15569 Dec 12, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? So where am I wrong here? How good was Ohio doing by the time he left office?
There was an 8 billion dollar deficit and a near empty rainy day fund.

We were going to sink a pile of money onto a train that was slower than driving.

(Two states are still building the train, California and Illinois, are these paragons of fiscal virtue?)
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#15570 Dec 12, 2012
KARL II wrote:
<quoted text>
Only the first number is incorrect, the actual number was 42/35. The rest are correct.
Almost.

From Quinnipiac:

"Ohio Gov. John Kasich has a 42 - 35 percent job approval, the first time since his inauguration in 2011 that registered voters have given him a thumbs-up rating, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today. Gov. Kasich seems to be benefitting from high levels of satisfaction among Ohio voters with life in the Buckeye State.

But the governor does not deserve a second term, voters tell the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University poll by an almost identical 43 - 36 percent margin. All voters say 44 - 37 percent that another Republican should challenge the governor for the 2014 nomination. By 45 - 41 percent, self-described Republicans say no other Republican should challenge Kasich.

By a 40 - 34 percent margin, Ohio voters have a favorable opinion of Kasich, while 24 percent haven't heard enough about him to form an opinion. Former Gov. Ted Strickland gets a 41 - 29 percent favorability, with 29 percent who haven't heard enough. "

woof

Location hidden

#15571 Dec 12, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Almost.
From Quinnipiac:
"Ohio Gov. John Kasich has a 42 - 35 percent job approval, the first time since his inauguration in 2011 that registered voters have given him a thumbs-up rating, according to a Quinnipiac University poll released today. Gov. Kasich seems to be benefitting from high levels of satisfaction among Ohio voters with life in the Buckeye State.
But the governor does not deserve a second term, voters tell the independent Quinnipiac (KWIN-uh-pe-ack) University poll by an almost identical 43 - 36 percent margin. All voters say 44 - 37 percent that another Republican should challenge the governor for the 2014 nomination. By 45 - 41 percent, self-described Republicans say no other Republican should challenge Kasich.
By a 40 - 34 percent margin, Ohio voters have a favorable opinion of Kasich, while 24 percent haven't heard enough about him to form an opinion. Former Gov. Ted Strickland gets a 41 - 29 percent favorability, with 29 percent who haven't heard enough. "
woof
Damn the people are stupid, nearly a third don't seem to know who Strickland is.

The primary challenger question is useless without suggesting an opponent.

It also doesn't poll for a potential D primary.

Regardless of opinions, the poll is badly done. Q-Pac is obsolete.
xxxrayted

Cleveland, OH

#15572 Dec 12, 2012
KARL II wrote:
<quoted text>
There was an 8 billion dollar deficit and a near empty rainy day fund.
We were going to sink a pile of money onto a train that was slower than driving.
(Two states are still building the train, California and Illinois, are these paragons of fiscal virtue?)
It's amazing how people choose failure because failure is a member of their party. This is what's wrong with our country.

If there were a Democrat Governor running things today, I would reelect him or her because of results and not loyalty. I voted against Bob Taft for second term. Why? Because Taft was a failure and anybody besides him would have been an improvement. Turns out I was right.

When we look at the last presidential election, we see people reelected failure. Why?

We are a more divided country than ever before in our history. If we continue down this road, it will lead to our demise. Party first-country second is now the new theme in America.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#15573 Dec 12, 2012
KARL II wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn the people are stupid, nearly a third don't seem to know who Strickland is.
Yeah, one of the top opinion polling institutes in the free world is obsolete, and they don't know what they're doing.

Sure thing.

woof

Location hidden

#15574 Dec 12, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, one of the top opinion polling institutes in the free world is obsolete, and they don't know what they're doing.
Sure thing.
woof
PPP does a better job. If you are asking questions as to whether or not Kasich should be challenged in the R primary, you should mention a potential challenger. Jenny Rick is not a candidate on the ballot.

Location hidden

#15575 Dec 12, 2012
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
It's amazing how people choose failure because failure is a member of their party. This is what's wrong with our country.
If there were a Democrat Governor running things today, I would reelect him or her because of results and not loyalty. I voted against Bob Taft for second term. Why? Because Taft was a failure and anybody besides him would have been an improvement. Turns out I was right.
When we look at the last presidential election, we see people reelected failure. Why?
We are a more divided country than ever before in our history. If we continue down this road, it will lead to our demise. Party first-country second is now the new theme in America.
Taft's 2002 opponent was an idiot. Remember that this was before the corruption.

If you know Cuyahoga you'd know that Tim Hagan was in on the corruption as well, and IMO was worse than Taft, because Taft took bribes, he didn't directly steal anything, it was his cronies. The Ameritrust building and the medical mart have set Hagan up with a Swiss bank account no doubt. There is no way that he didn't know about Dimora and Russo.

To most Obama has not failed because the alternative was that "doing nothing" meant a depression. It isn't a clear description of what an alternative "all cuts" would have looked like, but "all cuts" was not actually promoted by the GOP, it also proved unpopular in Europe, though some think it worked in the Baltics.

Location hidden

#15576 Dec 12, 2012
KARL II wrote:
<quoted text>
Gues you have to go with those 'Internals', Karl.

Location hidden

#15577 Dec 12, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure thing.
woof
Let's ask Nate Silver.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maumee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ray hanjora 10 hr just wondering 1
Jobless rates reach 13-year low Dec 21 legend 5
Ohio Supreme Court rules in favor of Toledo red... Dec 20 They cannot kill ... 2
Adults-only couples hotel back on in Orange Tow... Dec 18 MJW 2
Chrysler to take over supplier-run Toledo Jeep ... (Nov '10) Dec 18 DRWO 1,624
Toledo churches join call that 'black lives mat... Dec 15 Listen and Speak 1
Yall Did This Dec 14 lenax 4
Maumee Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Maumee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Maumee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Maumee

Personal Finance