Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31382 Jul 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, it's happening all over our state. In fact, I was discussing this issue with my nephew who stopped over for a visit tonight. He also works for a small company and his employee contributions are out of the world. His employer too cannot keep up with the steep increasing premium costs. They are burdening their employees with much of the increases.
He is discussing this serious issue with his new wife that secured a new job. He may have to drop his coverage to go on hers depending how the numbers work out.
It's just a real shame this Communist took over the White House and is placing all these problems on the American people when he could have left a sleeping dog lie. Before DumBama and Democrats leadership in both houses, we were able to figure out problems on our own.
We don't need a government that runs our businesses and our lives. That's not what our founders intent was.
"I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, that grants Congress the right or expending on articles of benevolence, the money of their constituents."
James Madison, annals of Congress, 1794
Waahh. Health insurance premiums are going up like they always have. Wahhhh. They aren't going up as much as they used to, but they are going up. Waaaah. It's President Obama's fault. Waaaaaaah. My boss, who I love but who looks at me like a burden screwed me. It's Obama's fault. Waaaaaah. My nephew told me it was his fault. Waaaaaah.
Reality speaks

Cleveland, OH

#31383 Jul 12, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
The legislative process is a bit more complicated than you understand.
Trying to spin again?

You failed again.

Obama are legacy is epic failure.

Not a single republican vote, and the dumbacrats did not even read the bill before voting for it.

That bed is their grave........count on it.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31384 Jul 12, 2014
Reality speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
Trying to spin again?
You failed again.
Obama are legacy is epic failure.
Not a single republican vote, and the dumbacrats did not even read the bill before voting for it.
That bed is their grave........count on it.
I will count on it. Just like I counted on the Romney landslide, the riots in the streets, the fiscal cliff, the four year government shutdown, Texas secession,....
I See You

Lancaster, OH

#31385 Jul 12, 2014
Ed FitzGerald !!! Tired of Kasich screwing everyone!!!!!
Pops

Cincinnati, OH

#31386 Jul 12, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, people covered by employer-sponsored plans has been dropping for years. And the costs have been rising. That's why we needed something like Obamacare --- because more and more folks did not have health insurance.
But there is NO Federal governmental responsability, Constitutionally or otherwise to provide health care. NONE!
They have exceeded their lawful authority. Does no one care about that FACT?
ino

Waverly, OH

#31387 Jul 12, 2014
The Senate originated ObamaCare by "trashing the whole bill" House Resolution (H.R.) 3590, titled the Service Members Home Ownership Tax Act of 2009. H.R. 3590 didn't regulate health insurance, and this bill granted tax credits to service members seeking their first homes and increased corporate estimated taxes for certain companies by 0.5%. It's unclear why the Senate picked H.R. 3590 to "amend" over other possible House bills. But surely one reason was because H.R. 3590, which would increase corporate estimated taxes, was a House bill for raising revenue.

The Senate's "amendment" on H.R. 3590 was a complete replacement of H.R. 3590's title and text with ObamaCare.

http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/BILLS-111hr3590e...

They didn't need to read it , they trashed the one the House approved and replaced the whole bill for Obamacare. not ONE Republican voted for it. The Democrats did it sleezy just like the sleezy no good people they are. How can they ever be trusted again? They try to keep this information hidden from the people and have done a good job of hiding it. An 8 page bill approved by the House was trashed for Obamacare's 2000 plus pages.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#31388 Jul 12, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. All it takes is your typical uninformed voter like yourself to not realize not one Republican voted for Commie Care, and then want to blame the problems with it on Republicans that once again, never voted for it.
And who will we blame the success on? When it turns out that most folks like being able to purchase their own insurance, and not be dependent upon their employer?

Some were stuck in jobs they didn't want, but they needed the health insurance.(Especially those with pre-existing conditions. Many older workers have some kind of pre-existing condition. Getting insurance outside of your employer in that case is too expensive for most folks. That limits your ability to change jobs. Knowing that you are diabetic, I would think you might have had to dealt with this at some point.)

COBRA was the Reagan era solution to this problem. It allowed you to continue coverage in between jobs, but the individual rates were sky high versus the group plans. It was also limited to 18 months.

"Only 10% of Americans eligible for COBRA insurance in 2006 used it, many because they were unable to afford to pay the full premium after their job loss. While some employers may voluntarily help subsidize or fully cover the cost of COBRA insurance as part of a termination or exit package, it is more common for the ex-employee to cover the entire cost."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Consolidated_Omn...

Remember those brave men that resisted that horrible, terrible Social Security?

Me, neither. And I'm older than you.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#31390 Jul 12, 2014
The list of payoffs that got Reid his cloture vote

http://hotair.com/archives/2009/12/22/the-lis...

Location hidden

#31391 Jul 12, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Oh, you mean the CDC's numbers are off?
I checked your link, and it said:

"The conclusions come from separate reports issued by the Economic Policy Institute and the Commonwealth Fund."

Having said that, your publication has gone out of business. Seems it served the AMA, a minority representative of practitioners (most don't belong) and a proponent of Obamacare.'Nuff said.
Old Guy

Cincinnati, OH

#31392 Jul 12, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> But there is NO Federal governmental responsability, Constitutionally or otherwise to provide health care. NONE!
Well, Pops, it's the old "General Welfare" clause, the meaning of which has been disputed quite a bit over the years, but here's where it's at right now:

"Prior to 1936, the United States Supreme Court had imposed a narrow interpretation on the Clause, as demonstrated by the holding in Bailey v. Drexel Furniture Co.,[21] in which a tax on child labor was an impermissible attempt to regulate commerce beyond that Court's equally narrow interpretation of the Commerce Clause. This narrow view was later overturned in United States v. Butler. There, the Court agreed with Associate Justice Joseph Story's construction in Story's 1833 Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States. Story had concluded that the General Welfare Clause was not a general grant of legislative power, but also dismissed Madison's narrow construction requiring its use be dependent upon the other enumerated powers. Consequently, the Supreme Court held the power to tax and spend is an independent power and that the General Welfare Clause gives Congress power it might not derive anywhere else. However, the Court did limit the power to spending for matters affecting only the national welfare.

Shortly after Butler, in Helvering v. Davis,[22] the Supreme Court interpreted the clause even more expansively, disavowing almost entirely any role for judicial review of Congressional spending policies, thereby conferring upon Congress a plenary power to impose taxes and to spend money for the general welfare subject almost entirely to Congress's own discretion."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Welfare_...

Location hidden

#31393 Jul 12, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
And who will we blame the success on? When it turns out that most folks like being able to purchase their own insurance, and not be dependent upon their employer?
Some were stuck in jobs they didn't want, but they needed the health insurance.(Especially those with pre-existing conditions. Many older workers have some kind of pre-existing condition. Getting insurance outside of your employer in that case is too expensive for most folks. That limits your ability to change jobs. Knowing that you are diabetic, I would think you might have had to dealt with this at some point.)
COBRA was the Reagan era solution to this problem. It allowed you to continue coverage in between jobs, but the individual rates were sky high versus the group plans. It was also limited to 18 months.
"Only 10% of Americans eligible for COBRA insurance in 2006 used it, many because they were unable to afford to pay the full premium after their job loss. While some employers may voluntarily help subsidize or fully cover the cost of COBRA insurance as part of a termination or exit package, it is more common for the ex-employee to cover the entire cost."
They were right to resist it. Social security does not provide for an adequate retirement, and too many people counted on it and refused to save. Now they complain because they are having to live on $1000/month.

As far as being "stuck" in a job, people who want good insurance are still stuck in those same jobs because they can't afford the better plans, even on the exchanges. Besides which, hasn't anyone told you life isn't fair and it's full of choices and consequences?

I'm not at all certain you are doing your homework here.

PS - I have used COBRA as a stopgap between jobs and was grateful for it.

Location hidden

#31394 Jul 12, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
States are bailing out of this. Is it because so many people are happy with it? Really? Yo do realize that someone with a chronic illness will need to purchase the most expensive health insurance plan (gold or platinum) for which there are no subsidies, right?

BTW, you haven't addressed those who could afford insurance but chose or are choosing not to.

Location hidden

#31395 Jul 12, 2014
Old Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Pops, it's the old "General Welfare" clause, the meaning of which has been disputed quite a bit over the years, but here's where it's at right now:
"Prior to 1936, the United States Supreme Court had imposed a narrow interpretation on the Clause, as demonstrated by the holding in Bailey v. Drexel Furniture Co.,[21] in which a tax on child labor was an impermissible attempt to regulate commerce beyond that Court's equally narrow interpretation of the Commerce Clause. This narrow view was later overturned in United States v. Butler. There, the Court agreed with Associate Justice Joseph Story's construction in Story's 1833 Commentaries on the Constitution of the United States. Story had concluded that the General Welfare Clause was not a general grant of legislative power, but also dismissed Madison's narrow construction requiring its use be dependent upon the other enumerated powers. Consequently, the Supreme Court held the power to tax and spend is an independent power and that the General Welfare Clause gives Congress power it might not derive anywhere else. However, the Court did limit the power to spending for matters affecting only the national welfare.
Shortly after Butler, in Helvering v. Davis,[22] the Supreme Court interpreted the clause even more expansively, disavowing almost entirely any role for judicial review of Congressional spending policies, thereby conferring upon Congress a plenary power to impose taxes and to spend money for the general welfare subject almost entirely to Congress's own discretion."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Welfare_...
Do you read your own links? Have you heard of Corporate Fascism?

Justice Story concluded that the General Welfare Clause is not a grant of general legislative power,[4][6] but a qualification on the taxing power[4][7][8] which includes within it a federal power to spend federal revenues on matters of general interest to the federal government.

KEY TERM - OF GENERAL INTEREST TO THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT

Since when is my health the business of the federal government?

And have you read your medical releases yet? Read the fine print if you're at all interested in privacy. Oh, wait...
lazy bones

Jackson, OH

#31396 Jul 13, 2014
Alfred bitchcock
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31398 Jul 13, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
The legislative process is a bit more complicated than you understand.
Seems to me it's you that doesn't understand it. NOT ONE VOTE! I know that may be complicated for you, but for the rest of us, it's really quite simple.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#31399 Jul 13, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
We all understand that you are a troll, but why would you chime in on matters you know absolutely nothing about?
http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/medical/driver-medic...
Leran something for a change instead of acting like you've learned something.
I'm not the one who made the statement that "no major CARRIER will HIRE ME because of my MEDICAL CONDITIONS". That would have been you. It's not hard to read between the lines. I know small plane pilots who lost their license over condition's not as bad as yours. It's in that section under public safety. You don't drive a big rig. That private education you bragged about was just good enough to get you a job as a delivery boy. Any other job wouldn't give you the time to slobber over Limberdick like you love to do.
woo-boy

Waverly, OH

#31400 Jul 13, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems to me it's you that doesn't understand it. NOT ONE VOTE! I know that may be complicated for you, but for the rest of us, it's really quite simple.
Yet they filed 721 amendments, with 161 of them being passed. Then they all voted against it and blamed the Dems as always.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31401 Jul 13, 2014
Pops wrote:
<quoted text> But there is NO Federal governmental responsability, Constitutionally or otherwise to provide health care. NONE!
You are wrong Pops. Congress passed a bill and the President signed it. That equals lawful authority (to use your term).
xxxrayted

Maple Heights, OH

#31402 Jul 13, 2014
woo-boy wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not the one who made the statement that "no major CARRIER will HIRE ME because of my MEDICAL CONDITIONS". That would have been you. It's not hard to read between the lines. I know small plane pilots who lost their license over condition's not as bad as yours. It's in that section under public safety. You don't drive a big rig. That private education you bragged about was just good enough to get you a job as a delivery boy. Any other job wouldn't give you the time to slobber over Limberdick like you love to do.
I think I understand the problem here: you are mentally retarded.

I've tried to explain this over and over again, but it's like talking to a brick liberal.

I've even posted the site explaining it all to you since Topix doesn't give us the ability to draw big color pictures for people as inept as yourself, and you still can't figure it out.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Lodi, OH

#31403 Jul 13, 2014
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it's simple for you. You are a truck driver with a high school education. If the GOP wanted to block the ACA, it could have done it. The GOP cut deals to allow the bill to come to the floor and then washed its hands so idiots like you would think it passed over their mighty resistance. You believe anything your masters tell you to believe.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maumee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ohio Supreme Court rules in favor of Toledo red... Fri 4 eyed freak 2 1
Adults-only couples hotel back on in Orange Tow... Thu MJW 2
Chrysler to take over supplier-run Toledo Jeep ... (Nov '10) Thu DRWO 1,624
Toledo churches join call that 'black lives mat... Dec 15 Listen and Speak 1
Yall Did This Dec 14 lenax 4
Jobless rates reach 13-year low Dec 4 Joe Jared 2
Locked And Loaded: Thank God These 'Good Guys' ... Nov 25 Squach 96
Maumee Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web