Jehovah's Witnesses get set for annual convention

Jun 13, 2009 Full story: Toledo Blade 130

Dennis McConner climbs the front steps of a well-kept home on Holgate Avenue in Maumee and knocks on the door.

Full Story
columbo atheist

Homer Glen, IL

#103 Jun 19, 2009
THUG HUNTER wrote:
Many Catholics have pulled out of that religion to learn truth....,so, it would not be unusual to talk about their previous religion. I can talk all day about the Catholics if I want.
I love those who sit here on a JW Forum, perched like ugly vultures on a power line, waiting to get struck by lightning.......LOL!!
Sorry that was a visuaL, I had to laugh....LOL!
hey TH, I was raised catholic. They are a kind of cult. But they dont do mind control like the jw's. I still think the catholics have many problems and moving the child molesters around instead of booting them out.The jw's are by far much worse than any other religon I can think of. That brooklyn bunch is just pure evil.
Living Free

United States

#104 Jun 19, 2009
Alohawaii wrote:
We are in communist countries, and we don't play Satan's game of taking sides with their Government either, in fact many are in prison standing up for God with faith that makes yours look like lip service(which it is). I don't take from the Government, I pay my taxes, obey the law and respect people who show respect. I will not however kill others or participate in activities that lead to needless deaths( again, its a commandment) I know how to listen to those rules in the Bible. There is nothing to twist, just your true leaders dark side exposed. Satan offered Jesus all the kingdoms of the world, if only he would bow down and do one act of obeisance. Jesus never denied they belonged to Satan, he just said worship belongs to God. Simply put Satan owns the Governments, you buy in to nationalism, your a member of the bloodguilt cult. No spin, just good clean American fun.
<quoted text>
The governments stand because Jehovah God allows for this arrangment. Otherwise the chaos would be worse.
There has to be government to control masses of people.
Even God has his own brand of Government. But...he allows human governments at this time. Respect is due it and laws obeyed.
I can't find anywhere in the Bible where the Centurian, after becoming a Christian, gave up his position.
No matter what part a person plays in life, they alone will answer for themselves as to what they did. Or didn't do.
Lightseer

Roseville, CA

#105 Jun 19, 2009
Living Free wrote:
<quoted text>The governments stand because Jehovah God allows for this arrangment. Otherwise the chaos would be worse.
Even God has his own brand of Government. But...he allows human governments at this time. Respect is due it and laws obeyed.
I can't find anywhere in the Bible where the Centurian, after becoming a Christian, gave up his position.
No matter what part a person plays in life, they alone will answer for themselves as to what they did. Or didn't do.
Oh, right. The government of Saddam Hussein, Pol Pot, Stalin, and Hitler were allowed to exist because God allowed them. Yeah, things would have been a lot worse if they hadn't been around to kill scores of people, most of whom were innocent and worshipped a Judeo-Christian God.

Says a lot about the God of the JWs.

The JWs igornance of history is always so blatantly obvious when they open their mouths.
Lightseer

Roseville, CA

#106 Jun 19, 2009
columbo atheist wrote:
<quoted text> hey TH, I was raised catholic. They are a kind of cult. But they dont do mind control like the jw's. I still think the catholics have many problems and moving the child molesters around instead of booting them out.The jw's are by far much worse than any other religon I can think of. That brooklyn bunch is just pure evil.
I think the key problem IMO with the Catholic church is their insistence on priests being celibate.

No, that doesn't excuse creepy child molestors, but when normal males are forced to forgo sex, or choose to, it's just a sexual problem waiting to happen.

Just like in prison, men who aren't normally homosexual turn to homosexual acts because they have no heterosexual outlets.

Again, I reiterate, nothing excuses a pedophile, but I think the church misses the marking in forcing celibacy on its priests. Jesus never said a man of God must forgo normal sexual urges.

Sounds like a Pauline philosophy.
Lightseer

Roseville, CA

#107 Jun 19, 2009
THUG HUNTER wrote:
Many Catholics have pulled out of that religion to learn truth....,so, it would not be unusual to talk about their previous religion. I can talk all day about the Catholics if I want.
I love those who sit here on a JW Forum, perched like ugly vultures on a power line, waiting to get struck by lightning.......LOL!!
Sorry that was a visuaL, I had to laugh....LOL!
Right. And your publications are full of so-called "testimonies" of people who left all these religions of "Babylon the Great" to come into the JW cult.

Please. You people WOULD talk all day and did about the evils of all other religions. That's what your entire cult is based on.

I got so sick of hearing such badmouthing. How refreshing it is to go to church and hear spiritual comfort, bible education, worship and anything BUT badmouthing of other religions. But then, it's not necessary for them to do this. Their faith is not based upon tearing other faiths down, unlike the JWs.
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#108 Jun 19, 2009
i disagree LIghtseer with priests not being able to marry. i think they can teach and perform mass just as well if they are married this new pope is taking the church backwards not forwards with his ideas.

it has nothing to do with child molesters to me. i think the pedophiles know they can go wherever children are and have a job.. teaching, day care many other jobs. it is not the church but the perosn themselves. this is why we voiced disgust and the new rules that are followed to become accepted into a seminary to become the process of becoming a priest is in place plus back ground checks. a little too late but at least they are dealing with it and meeting with pastors and ministers of other faiths.

the only ones trying to hide it are he this org..

when the guy from New York told the nation a pedophile jw could go door to door that will open a can of worms for this org. yes the numbers may go up but how many will be pedophiles and this org does not have plans to check on them. so they become jws... they go door to door then they case homes for their victims....
THUG HUNTER

Elko, NV

#109 Jun 19, 2009
Lightseer wrote:
<quoted text>
Right. And your publications are full of so-called "testimonies" of people who left all these religions of "Babylon the Great" to come into the JW cult.
Please. You people WOULD talk all day and did about the evils of all other religions. That's what your entire cult is based on.
I got so sick of hearing such badmouthing. How refreshing it is to go to church and hear spiritual comfort, bible education, worship and anything BUT badmouthing of other religions. But then, it's not necessary for them to do this. Their faith is not based upon tearing other faiths down, unlike the JWs.
Yeah right. I'm familiar with their kind of spiritual comfort.

They aren't stupid......for the money they must tickle your ears, tell you what you want to hear.

Just remember that you make the rules....not God.
columbo atheist

Homer Glen, IL

#110 Jun 19, 2009
Living Free wrote:
<quoted text>The governments stand because Jehovah God allows for this arrangment. Otherwise the chaos would be worse.
I just figured you out cocoNUT boy george,you realy work at the wt head quarters. In the booth next to gareth.You come on here spreading the wt propaganda.thats why you name your self hawaii boy. to throw people off. you think there gonna focus on an island and palmtrees. When in realty your in brooklyn dog.You cant fool an old fool buck wheat!!!
columbo atheist

Homer Glen, IL

#111 Jun 19, 2009
Hey lfw, That was mesnt for alohawaii boy. sorry dog!
THUG HUNTER

Elko, NV

#112 Jun 19, 2009
columbo atheist wrote:
<quoted text> hey TH, I was raised catholic. They are a kind of cult. But they dont do mind control like the jw's. I still think the catholics have many problems and moving the child molesters around instead of booting them out.The jw's are by far much worse than any other religon I can think of. That brooklyn bunch is just pure evil.
They don't do mind control you say?.....bull.

What do you call keeping you weenies in total darkness.....,what do you call that, Bright Path?

The Catholic church doesn't care who or what you are....you are a number on their registry, you are a wallet....why else would they put up ATM's.

Of course, to get to your wallet quicker, they thought of ATM's, how sweet of them. I would think your spiritual welfare would be their priority....WRONG!!!.

Their main theme?...MONEY.
unlisted

Greensboro, NC

#113 Jun 19, 2009
so another plant.. Gareth and this Hawaii person.. gee Gareth is it true???
Lightseer

Roseville, CA

#114 Jun 19, 2009
unlisted wrote:
i disagree LIghtseer with priests not being able to marry. i think they can teach and perform mass just as well if they are married this new pope is taking the church backwards not forwards with his ideas.
it has nothing to do with child molesters to me. i think the pedophiles know they can go wherever children are and have a job.. teaching, day care many other jobs. it is not the church but the perosn themselves. this is why we voiced disgust and the new rules that are followed to become accepted into a seminary to become the process of becoming a priest is in place plus back ground checks. a little too late but at least they are dealing with it and meeting with pastors and ministers of other faiths.
the only ones trying to hide it are he this org..
when the guy from New York told the nation a pedophile jw could go door to door that will open a can of worms for this org. yes the numbers may go up but how many will be pedophiles and this org does not have plans to check on them. so they become jws... they go door to door then they case homes for their victims....
I agree largely with you.

Laws have changed in many states mandating anyone who suspects such abuse toward children be mandated to report it to the authorities. I still believe there are many holes in the system, but the very sick thing about JWs is that they don't seem to have the humanity to put in place rules for reporting potential felonies to the police.

The best they can manage, with their new rulings based on their legal hassels is to say "don't tell the victims or parents not to go to the authorities." Which is to say they once did discourage them from doing so. We've had scores of stories here, and writings from their own publications to show exactly that.

True, Catholic priests may very well put themselves into situations to get near children, just as any other pedophiles.

But I think the mandate against priests having sex is not scriptural, nor particularly normal.
columbo atheist

Homer Glen, IL

#115 Jun 20, 2009
THUG HUNTER wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't do mind control you say?.....bull.
What do you call keeping you weenies in total darkness.....,what do you call that, Bright Path?
The Catholic church doesn't care who or what you are....you are a number on their registry, you are a wallet....why else would they put up ATM's.
Of course, to get to your wallet quicker, they thought of ATM's, how sweet of them. I would think your spiritual welfare would be their priority....WRONG!!!.
Their main theme?...MONEY.
Hey TH, I totaly agree the catholic church are money hungry basturds like the jw's.But they dont control your life out side the church like the jw's do. When you leave the catholic church you are not shunned.they pretty much just want your money if you leave they get another sucker to fill the basket. The jw's tell you how to dress, act,how to spend your time, build kh's with your free time,sell wt pamplets on your own free time.Every thing in ones life is for the wealth of the wt only.
son of mr fenger

Texarkana, TX

#116 Jun 20, 2009
I noticed the title of this thread, "jws get ready for summer conventions", should read, "jws get ready for three day, time waster", same old same old, sprinkled with some new light,..maybe, maybe not, dont know yet.

If only, instead of getting 6-7 million people to go waste gas time and money on nonsence, why dont the gb, have their members do something productive for these three days, work in a hospital, clean up a section of interstate 95, or even drive drunks home from the bars, on fri. and sat nite, any of the above would be more productive.
If you want to waste your time on something with zero meaning, by all means, load up and hit one of these three dayers, I thin there is one in Tulsa, ok next weekend.
columbo atheist

Homer Glen, IL

#117 Jun 20, 2009
unlisted wrote:
so another plant.. Gareth and this Hawaii person.. gee Gareth is it true???
Its true gareth has the cubical right next to hawaii boy george.

“Get em Samson!”

Since: Jun 09

Honolulu

#118 Jun 20, 2009
Meanwhile Columbo Atheist, Truth Master and Marine1 are fighting over the tv remote control...which one wants Sesame Street on, I wonder...
columbo atheist wrote:
<quoted text> Its true gareth has the cubical right next to hawaii boy george.
WhoReallyCares

Englewood, FL

#119 Jun 20, 2009
Alohawaii wrote:
Meanwhile Columbo Atheist, Truth Master and Marine1 are fighting over the tv remote control...which one wants Sesame Street on, I wonder...
<quoted text>
Did they learn their numbers yet to be able to work the remote ?
columbo atheist

Homer Glen, IL

#120 Jun 20, 2009
Alohawaii wrote:
<quoted text>
Its kind of funny I just read on another post. gareth is complaining hawaii boy keeps stealing his candy bars out of his desk. Common guys can we all just get along!!!

“Get em Samson!”

Since: Jun 09

Honolulu

#121 Jun 20, 2009
Call a taxi if you're drunk and need a ride home. Wont your Church pick you up anymore?
son of mr fenger wrote:
I noticed the title of this thread, "jws get ready for summer conventions", should read, "jws get ready for three day, time waster", same old same old, sprinkled with some new light,..maybe, maybe not, dont know yet.
If only, instead of getting 6-7 million people to go waste gas time and money on nonsence, why dont the gb, have their members do something productive for these three days, work in a hospital, clean up a section of interstate 95, or even drive drunks home from the bars, on fri. and sat nite, any of the above would be more productive.
If you want to waste your time on something with zero meaning, by all means, load up and hit one of these three dayers, I thin there is one in Tulsa, ok next weekend.
son of mr fenger

Ralls, TX

#122 Jun 20, 2009
Alohawaii wrote:
Call a taxi if you're drunk and need a ride home. Wont your Church pick you up anymore?
<quoted text>
It is quite obvious, that post, flew right over your head. Yes any member of my church would give me a ride home from the bar, if I were drunk. I dont go to bars, night clubs or the such,(to many JWs at those type places.)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maumee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jobless rates reach 13-year low Dec 21 legend 5
Ohio Supreme Court rules in favor of Toledo red... Dec 20 They cannot kill ... 2
Adults-only couples hotel back on in Orange Tow... Dec 18 MJW 2
Chrysler to take over supplier-run Toledo Jeep ... (Nov '10) Dec 18 DRWO 1,624
Toledo churches join call that 'black lives mat... Dec 15 Listen and Speak 1
Yall Did This Dec 14 lenax 4
Locked And Loaded: Thank God These 'Good Guys' ... Nov 25 Squach 96
Maumee Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Maumee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Maumee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Maumee