Smelly, bad-tasting water sets Columb...

Smelly, bad-tasting water sets Columbus back more than $700,000

There are 13 comments on the WTVN-AM Columbus story from Feb 3, 2014, titled Smelly, bad-tasting water sets Columbus back more than $700,000. In it, WTVN-AM Columbus reports that:

The city of Columbus has spent $723,000 trying to get rid of the rotten taste and smell of its drinking water.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WTVN-AM Columbus.

Hey All

Columbus, OH

#1 Feb 3, 2014
What is the mysterious toxic algae bloom? Is there an expert anywhere in Columbus that can tell us? I personally would like to know what kind of crap I'm drinking. I use water filters but that only takes out so much crap. Maybe we will have to go back to the middle ages and just drink wine or beer- that's okay too. Maybe we are getting contamination from the West Virginia toxic spill that happened a couple of months ago. I pay my taxes... what is in the water? Can the City of Columbus h ire an expert to test it or are we too broke to do that?
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#2 Feb 3, 2014
Hey All wrote:
What is the mysterious toxic algae bloom? Is there an expert anywhere in Columbus that can tell us? I personally would like to know what kind of crap I'm drinking. I use water filters but that only takes out so much crap. Maybe we will have to go back to the middle ages and just drink wine or beer- that's okay too. Maybe we are getting contamination from the West Virginia toxic spill that happened a couple of months ago. I pay my taxes... what is in the water? Can the City of Columbus h ire an expert to test it or are we too broke to do that?
Colmanistan had this water problem before the West Virginia spill.
Hey All

Columbus, OH

#3 Feb 3, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Colmanistan had this water problem before the West Virginia spill.
The water problem keeps getting worse but mysteriously no one has any answers, we're probably drinking sewer water. In the past few years I've had severe ear infections, throat infections and lung infections. I've been going to the urgent care about every two months and I'm wondering if the water has anything to do with it. I wonder if anyone else has had these problems.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#4 Feb 3, 2014
It is probably from Sunbury's sewage, maybe mixed with some chickenshit from that egg farm in Croton.
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#5 Feb 3, 2014
Big Johnson wrote:
It is probably from Sunbury's sewage, maybe mixed with some chickenshit from that egg farm in Croton.
That is probably not too far off
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#6 Feb 3, 2014
Hey All wrote:
<quoted text> The water problem keeps getting worse but mysteriously no one has any answers, we're probably drinking sewer water. In the past few years I've had severe ear infections, throat infections and lung infections. I've been going to the urgent care about every two months and I'm wondering if the water has anything to do with it. I wonder if anyone else has had these problems.
I don't live in the city. I have a well and treat my own water.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#7 Feb 3, 2014
Hey All wrote:
If you had the least bit of common sense and an internet connection you could figure out what it is.

woof
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#8 Feb 4, 2014
Shigellosis, bed bugs, fecal contaminated water from 3rd world immigrants, whooping cough and tuberculosis and rats in Clintonville are all signs that Columbus is well on its way to becoming a third world city.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#9 Feb 4, 2014
Hey All wrote:
Have your water tested!
Why would you even come on topix for advice?
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#10 Feb 4, 2014
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
Shigellosis, bed bugs, fecal contaminated water from 3rd world immigrants, whooping cough and tuberculosis and rats in Clintonville are all signs that Columbus is well on its way to becoming a third world city.
across our nation the infrastructure is falling apart.

if the government wants to invest in the people, then fix everything.

that will create immediate employment; and we have something to show for the expenditure.

paying people not to work is eating this country.
Hey All

Columbus, OH

#11 Feb 4, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Have your water tested!
Why would you even come on topix for advice?
I don't recall asking you or anyone else for advice. It's the City of Columbus that should provide us with safe drinking water, isn't our tax dollars supposed to pay for things like that.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#12 Feb 4, 2014
Hey All wrote:
<quoted text> I don't recall asking you or anyone else for advice. It's the City of Columbus that should provide us with safe drinking water, isn't our tax dollars supposed to pay for things like that.
Did you say?........
"What is the mysterious toxic algae bloom? Is there an expert anywhere in Columbus that can tell us? I personally would like to know what kind of crap I'm drinking. "

The city isn't going to pay for an independent test of your water.
Have it tested if it's so bad and un-drinkable. Then present the results to a city council meeting with all to see.
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#13 Feb 4, 2014
Hey All wrote:
<quoted text> I don't recall asking you or anyone else for advice. It's the City of Columbus that should provide us with safe drinking water, isn't our tax dollars supposed to pay for things like that.
Yep. Tax dollars and the water bill.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maumee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News KOB-TV Announces New Chief Meteorologist (Dec '08) 1 hr Rachel 110
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Toledo (May '15) 4 hr Wendo 36
Driver in Ohio Toledo area Jan 13 Rick 1
Review: iLoveKickboxing -Perrysburg OH (May '15) Jan 12 Bpleger 144
Amanda Dietsch? (Sep '15) Jan 11 GlassMaster 15
Manager Jan 8 meh 2
News Islam shares long tradition in Toledo area (Jun '16) Jan 1 Barros 377

Maumee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance