Biden Scolds McCain, Bush On Economy

Sep 28, 2008 | Posted by: Sunnydale | Full story: www.cbsnews.com

Joe Biden continued to hit hard on John McCain over issues relating the economy this morning, saying his economic philosophy is “bankrupt along with Lehman Brothers.” Biden blamed cuts in regulations and oversight by the Bush administration for the tumbling of Wall Street numbers, insisting it was the fault of a conservative economic policies.

Comments
1 - 20 of 62 Comments Last updated Oct 2, 2008
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Seeking truth

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 28, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Biden should ease up. Both admit that they were C students and that economics weren't their strong suits. Don't blame them. Blame the Americans that vote for them. I mean, if Palin becomes president, we can't blame her for being incompetent. Who puts people like Bush, McCain, Palin, and Quale on tickets? People who know AMERICANS will elect them. Americans, it's YOUR fault when you vote for these IDIOTS.

&fe ature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 28, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Obiden has so many gaffes he should slap himself around first before moving on to others...Last week Obiden claimed paying higher taxes was patriotic...

Obama/Obiden are two knuckleheads. "Yes They Are"
The TRUTH

Zanesville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

John McCain and the Keating 5 Scandal-- McCain constantly on the side of de-regulation and bragging about it in March of this year. McCain's Campaign Manager is a de-regulation GURU! Fact is, MCCAIN IS to blame for this current economic crisis. A vote for McCain is just asking for more economic crises-- that's his handiwork.

“Gone Baby Gone”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 28, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

The TRUTH wrote:
John McCain and the Keating 5 Scandal-- McCain constantly on the side of de-regulation and bragging about it in March of this year. McCain's Campaign Manager is a de-regulation GURU! Fact is, MCCAIN IS to blame for this current economic crisis. A vote for McCain is just asking for more economic crises-- that's his handiwork.
What a difference one economic crisis makes:

&eu rl=http://www.jedreport.com/
plain as day

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The TRUTH wrote:
John McCain and the Keating 5 Scandal-- McCain constantly on the side of de-regulation and bragging about it in March of this year. McCain's Campaign Manager is a de-regulation GURU! Fact is, MCCAIN IS to blame for this current economic crisis. A vote for McCain is just asking for more economic crises-- that's his handiwork.
McAin't - Palin are handled by Karl Rove and his fingerprints are all over the campaign per the orders of Cheney - Bush.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/theblog/archive...
Roger Kohl

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

the keating 5 your kidding right ? McCain was found innocent by the democrat who investigated that and McCain was the only one who testified in court about it. as far as fannie mae and freddie mac those were democrats who screwed us on that deal republicans were bitching about that since 1999. people do some research on your own dont just drink the kool-aid the dumbocrats try and feed everyone.

“Thank God I'm a country boy!”

Since: Aug 08

Los Angeles California

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 28, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Yeah.
Thats the only fuel the Obama camp has right now.
Blame it all on the Repubs.
Only a fool would think such a thing.
Northie

Puyallup, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 28, 2008
 

Judged:

3

2

1

This has been coming for a decade. It should be no surprise, and least of all to Bush. It is now clear that he has been trying to delay the crash until he left office, so it would fall on his Democratic successor's watch, but he couldn't even get that right.

Who are the bastards who keep electing these bastards?
Louie570

Lyndhurst, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 28, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

2

ALL PLEASE READ AND WATCH THE VIDEO LINK

As Americans everyone wants to know what happen to the economy with the housing market?????

What happen to homes?????

Why do Americans need to bailout Fannie, Freddie and others?????

Can we attribute this to something?????

Both sides Republicans and Democrats have issues – however, even if you feel strongly for one side or the other – let down that feeling and do the following:

I BEG YOU AS A FELLOW AMERICAN AND AN ACTIVE VOTER TO CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW AND LOOK AT SOME OF THE FACTS (THESE FACTS HAVE BEEN VERIFIED) OF WHY AMERICANS WILL HAVE TO BAILOUT OUR ECONOMY!!!!!!

Please, you owe it to yourself as an American, the future of America and to the next generations to come......

Thank you for your time and your interest in the future of America…….

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 28, 2008
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Those who made democRats the majority in congress are clearly the people responsible for the price you pay at the pump, at the grocery store, for utilities, etc.
The democRat Party placed the sentiments of their Global Warming Contributors ahead of the American Family.
Nearly two years democRats have controlled congress and the results have been people unable to pay the additional $4,000 to $7,000 plus per year increased costs for food, gasoline, utilities etc. High energy costs placed families in the nightmarish position of deciding between eating, driving or paying mortgages.
Contributions made by the democRat Party to ease your woes at the pump? Check your tire pressure and get a tune-up, drive less and don't forget drilling takes 10 years; never mind Obama plans to be president for 8 years.
The democRat Party platform? Deny drilling, deny new refineries, deny clean coal, deny exploration, deny leasing, deny nuclear power, etc.
Fearing a mass contributor backlash the democRat Party sidestepped common sense and pointed America towards gimmicks and gadgets that are not an answer and won’t be for many, many long years down the road. Today the unchecked energy crisis has assisted in bringing Americans more disaster, the senseless Wall Street Bailout.
Until stick in the mud jackasses like Joe Biden, Barack Obama, Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, B. Boxer, Chuckie Schumer are out of the way so the energy crisis can be met head on...Nobody is going anywhere.

John McCain/Sarah Palin: "Country First"

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The TRUTH wrote:
John McCain and the Keating 5 Scandal-- McCain constantly on the side of de-regulation and bragging about it in March of this year. McCain's Campaign Manager is a de-regulation GURU! Fact is, MCCAIN IS to blame for this current economic crisis. A vote for McCain is just asking for more economic crises-- that's his handiwork.
Republican John McCain was cleared of any wrong doing surrounding Keating 5. It appears that leaves the 4 democRats...doesn't it?
As for you stooping to blame McCain for the current economic crisis it proves you are a dirty diaper democRat who ignores the fact democRats went on vacation instead of addressing the energy crisis. That's the crisis that bought about the economic crisis thus many Americans could not endure the high cost of energy just like airlines, auto makers, etc. There is a ripple effect and democRats beholden to Global Warming contributors caused it, jerk.

“It's about the American People”

Since: Jun 07

Flushing, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 28, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Biden who rides the train daily to the corrupt Washington during 36 years is lying to his teeth when he gives a pass to the corrupt liberal Dems politicians who worked for the interest groups and lobbyists like his son and his brother who took millions in bribe and were indicted in US court of law.
Clearly, it is the cooperation between the left wing liberal socialistic Dems led by Barack Obama who stole 932 million dollars of the American people's money ‘for the poor’ and President Bush who allowed them to do that leading to the meltdown in Wall Street.
Bush allowed hundreds of billion dollars evaporate and disappear from the American people’s treasury with earmarks and allowing banks to give more than trillion dollar bad loans ‘to the poor’ during more than 8 years.
Now Bush is coming as a bagger to collect more money from the American people and is rushing the US Congress to raise 700 billion dollars as extra taxes on the American people.
The new secret agreement of Bush and the corrupt Pelosi and Obama allocate 20% or 140 billion dollars of the American people to ACORN the fraudulent left wing liberal Marxist anti-American organization that will give more free loans to African American and other minorities to buy their votes.
Clearly, President Bush acting as a corrupt out of control drunken sailor and supporting the corrupt liberal Dens thefts form the American people cause major damage to the American people taxpayers and to the US economy.
In addition, Bush is causing major damage to the reputation of the GOP as conservative patriotic American party.
Bush will not be able to solve any problem in the last three months of his term and the fact that he wants to control bad mortgages of more than 5,000,000 poor American is bad news to every American.
McCain is right to distance himself from the Bush out of control behavior and to seek other solution that will not make the Feds control of more than 5,000,000 houses in America that will cause major damage to US economy.
McCain has alternative ideas that will keep the money of the taxpayer out of the Wall Street corruption.
Seeking truth

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Louie570 wrote:
ALL PLEASE READ AND WATCH THE VIDEO LINK
As Americans everyone wants to know what happen to the economy with the housing market?????
What happen to homes?????
Why do Americans need to bailout Fannie, Freddie and others?????
Can we attribute this to something?????
Both sides Republicans and Democrats have issues – however, even if you feel strongly for one side or the other – let down that feeling and do the following:
I BEG YOU AS A FELLOW AMERICAN AND AN ACTIVE VOTER TO CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW AND LOOK AT SOME OF THE FACTS (THESE FACTS HAVE BEEN VERIFIED) OF WHY AMERICANS WILL HAVE TO BAILOUT OUR ECONOMY!!!!!!
Please, you owe it to yourself as an American, the future of America and to the next generations to come......
Thank you for your time and your interest in the future of America…….
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =H5tZc8oH--oXX
You say both parties are to blame, then you blame Democrats. What a crock. No one told banks to offer interest only loans, low teaser rates to people without income to support the ACTUAL rates. Republitards let this happen on their watch. They chose not to regulate the banks and mortgage lenders. We saw this coming. When I told friends, they said I was depressing them. What BS! The Republitards are reaping what they sowed and now enriching themselves in the "clean up". Vote for a straight DEMOCRATIC ticket, if you want CHANGE.
acorn shover

Buffalo Creek, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 28, 2008
 

Judged:

3

3

1

the guilty have names.
raines
gorelic
freeh
cuomo
johnson
franks
dodd
shove the acorn up obamas marxist but.

“Proud To Be An American”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 28, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Aging Hippy wrote:
<quoted text>What a difference one economic crisis makes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0ycPJr7YWmQXX&eurl=http:/ /www.jedreport.com/
You do not know what an economic crisis is...If Barack Obama is elected in approximately one year you'll find what a 3rd world country looks like simply by looking out your front door, moron.

“Liberty is Contagious”

Since: May 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Northie wrote:
This has been coming for a decade. It should be no surprise, and least of all to Bush. It is now clear that he has been trying to delay the crash until he left office, so it would fall on his Democratic successor's watch, but he couldn't even get that right.
Who are the bastards who keep electing these bastards?
Total ignorance if you think all this was accomplished solely by the Republicans. Our predicament has taken many years and several administration participating to get us where we are. Wake the hell up, even now they are going after the same goal, a bailout. The only arguments going on is who will benefit the most. And I don't mean between taxpayer or company I mean that the politicians are trying to get what THEY can out of this bailout. There are no more than two or three politicians working for you and I in there and it isn't Obama, McCain, Hillary or Bush.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/...

“Liberty is Contagious”

Since: May 08

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 28, 2008
 
Royal Bank of Scotland gets billions from bailout. A huge amount of the bailout (our money) will go to foreign banks.

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/...

Since: Apr 07

Miami

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

JohnInLa wrote:
Obiden has so many gaffes he should slap himself around first before moving on to others...Last week Obiden claimed paying higher taxes was patriotic...
Not to the selfish "I got mine, so screw you!" crowd that you belong to.

He was referring to the tightening of the belts that ALL patriotic Americans should realize is necessary given Bush's economic failures.

But then you think wishing half the people in your own country dead is patriotic, so I'm pretty sure we shouldn't be using your personal definition as a yardstick.
Louie570

Lyndhurst, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 28, 2008
 
Seeking truth wrote:
Biden should ease up. Both admit that they were C students and that economics weren't their strong suits. Don't blame them. Blame the Americans that vote for them. I mean, if Palin becomes president, we can't blame her for being incompetent. Who puts people like Bush, McCain, Palin, and Quale on tickets? People who know AMERICANS will elect them. Americans, it's YOUR fault when you vote for these IDIOTS.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =vsiADdmoh3EXX&feature=rel ated
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
ALL PLEASE READ AND WATCH THE VIDEO LINK

As Americans everyone wants to know what happen to the economy with the housing market?????

What happen to homes?????

Why do Americans need to bailout Fannie, Freddie and others?????

Can we attribute this to something?????

Both sides Republicans and Democrats have issues – however, even if you feel strongly for one side or the other – let down that feeling and do the following:

I BEG YOU AS A FELLOW AMERICAN AND AN ACTIVE VOTER TO CLICK ON THE LINK BELOW AND LOOK AT SOME OF THE FACTS (THESE FACTS HAVE BEEN VERIFIED) OF WHY AMERICANS WILL HAVE TO BAILOUT OUR ECONOMY!!!!!!

Please, you owe it to yourself as an American, the future of America and to the next generations to come......

Thank you for your time and your interest in the future of America…….

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Seeking truth

Dearborn Heights, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Sep 28, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sovereignty wrote:
<quoted text>
Total ignorance if you think all this was accomplished solely by the Republicans. Our predicament has taken many years and several administration participating to get us where we are. Wake the hell up, even now they are going after the same goal, a bailout. The only arguments going on is who will benefit the most. And I don't mean between taxpayer or company I mean that the politicians are trying to get what THEY can out of this bailout. There are no more than two or three politicians working for you and I in there and it isn't Obama, McCain, Hillary or Bush.
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog/...
Agreed, but how many Democratic administrations have we had since Reagan??? ONE VERY PROSPEROUS ONE.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maumee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 23 min Old Guy 30,458
2004 cadillac esv problems Aug 22 Ericc 1
OH Who do you support for Treasurer in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Aug 20 Marvin Levels 188
Debate: Ferguson - Toledo, OH Aug 19 fightforourrights 1
national day of rage toledo Aug 19 pissedofamerican 1
Abortion clinic vows to keep serving Aug 18 ATE CHRISTY 12
Buckeye cable system Aug 16 Gerald Goodman 2
•••
•••
•••

Maumee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Maumee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Maumee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Maumee
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••