Got a question? The president's listening

Full story: Newsday

Have a burning question for the commander in chief? President Barack Obama is now taking your questions as part of a special online town hall Thursday about the economy.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of325
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Brad

Yorba Linda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

I seen the House of Representives passed the 2 million acre bill to preserve land, which I believe in, to a point, but did the House really think this thru, has any one in the House ever stepped foot on the desert floor? and considering a lot of us are in the motorcycle industry and ride our bikes off road, seeing the econmy is in the tank right now, how many more people can you allow to loose their jobs, when the businesses rely on off road fun? California, Arizona and Colorado rely on customer to keep their businesses going.
Kathleen Jackson

Bonney Lake, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

Judged:

Dear President Obama, Have you considered the billions spent in the NASA program that could be used elsewhere when the country is in such need? It doesn't seem right that project after project continues while millions are without work and are hungry. Can we just discontinue space projects until we are better able to afford them?

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

Another Obama nominee withdraws: March 25, 2009

The Swamp

By Jim Tankersley

Chalk up another casualty in the Obama administration's attempts to staff federal agencies.

Jon Cannon, nominated to be the deputy director of the Environmental Protection Agency, pulled his name from consideration today, citing questions over a non-profit where he once sat on the board -- and which EPA auditors accused in 2007 of mismanaging $25 million in taxpayer funds.

Cannon sat on the board of America's Clean Water Foundation, which won some $25 million in federal contracts to identify environmental risks at beef, poultry and pork plants, and to help states and tribes comply with the Clean Water Act. EPA auditors questioned the accounting on almost all that money, charging that the group could not support some costs, included duplicate transactions on others, and did not complete several required audits. The IG report, which does not mention Cannon, also alludes to allegations of embezzlement in the foundation, which dissolved in 2006.

Senate Republicans apparently raised the report -- which appears on the first screen of a Google search on the foundation's name -- in questioning Cannon, but they said Wednesday the questions would not have affected his nomination.

The bigger issue, for a young administration that has faced many questions on its vetting process, is whether Team Obama knew about the report, and if so, how much it cared about it.

http://www.swamppolitics.com/news/politics/bl...

Must have known something and bailed. Hasta la vista crook!
Jtr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

Judged:

Dear Mr. President,
While I think higher education is great, what are you going to do for the thousands of people who are in their mid to late 50's and lost their blue collar jobs because those jobs went overseas and no one gave a crap about it.
Now we are in a situation where you have millions of people without a job. While some people will be able to fill those newly created jobs, that still leaves a whole lot of others still without a job. Higher education does not always get you "the job". You will still need general laborers to do the dirty work that those who have never gotten their hands dirty would never consider doing.
I feel that America is all about diversity and that's what makes, or made, us great. Now I see a trend towards favoring the rich and educated and the rest of us are being lost in the shuffle. We all can have something to give back.
Angus Johnson

Sydney, Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

Judged:

If the US is living above its means (ie living on credit) then how is borrowing a *lot* more money going to solve that problem?

Since: Apr 08

Lake In The Hills, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

Judged:

Angus,
If the government let us keep more of our own money, 80% of us wouldn't have a problem. My pay is being taxed at 40%. That is almost half of what I make. I don't live on credit. I pay cash for everything except my home and car. As the Government takes more and more of my money, my means continues to shrink even as my pay stays the same or grows. The problem is the people that are too lazy to work sucking the Government tit and the illegals pouring into this country living off the taxpayers.
angelbears

Kansas City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

Judged:

Dear Mr. President,
What will you do to abolish the very unfair Windfall Elimination Provision of Social Security?

What nobody seems to understand is that we worked for the government for 20 years and paid a FULL share into their MANDATORY retirement system and we worked for 20 years and paid a FULL SHARE into the MANDATORY social security system. Because of this we should be ENTITLED to a FULL SHARE of our rightfully earned social security benefits!!!

The Ways and Means Committee has several bills, but are doing nothing about them. Our congressmen and senators refuse to answer our letters. Please HELP us, it's OUR money that we paid into these systems.

Thank you and G-d Bless!!!
EBB

Mattituck, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

Judged:

Dear President Obama: You are doing a wonderful job as our President! My question is on on Healthcare:Presently I'm on Medicare. The total cost with Part A,B-supplemental Insurance, and Part D totals about $350 a month, I'm not complaining because I still work.My two grown daughters, who are self-employed, must pay $752 a month each (HIP-is one of the cheapest HMO's in NY) These insurance plans started out costing approximately $251 a month during the Clinton Adm.The PPO's cost over $1400 per individual The insurance companies, Pharma, and even Dr's must get their house in order-they continually inflate while everything else is deflating: housing, pensions, even retail. Few Americans can afford decent medical care.How come Canadians can afford a universal healthcare system? Perhaps it's because their Banking system and Insurance Co's are more honest and run better then ours-- Is there a relationship?. Thank you
hibo

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

Judged:

why is war still going on gaza why can't you stop I was expecting you to change alot in this world pleace help the children in gaza.Thank you

“2010 IS MINE!!!”

Since: Feb 09

FAITH CITY,USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

Judged:

MR PRESIDENT-YOU BROUGHT every naysayer and loser in the USA out, some were without computers until you won. I have made so much money selling computers, thanks to you!!!
statement

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 25, 2009

Judged:

This clueless idiot may be listening but he sure isn't answering!
hsr0601

Seoul, Korea

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

Judged:

I guess deduction in war spending should be a top priority to reduce deficit.
Malouff

Hamilton, MT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

Judged:

You need you ask you questions at this address http://www.whitehouse.gov/openforquestions/

The President will not read any of them being asked here
Brenda Plosczynski

Baraboo, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

Where is there help for small businesses that are failing. We can't keep up with the payments and the banks are not willing to refinance at a lower rate. We are at risk of not just loosing our business, but our home also. There are so many grants to choose from, I don't know where to start.
lisalee

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

what is your plan for illegal immigration?
Bill

New Rochelle, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

Dear President,
Here in New York State we are suffering under a government that is less democratic than the Russian Pulitboro, the rank corruption and resulting dysfunction is killing any opportunity for success, rather than attacking this situation in your own party, some of your recent appointments to national office indicate you are embracing this corruption, you won't read about in Newsday but new Urban Czar Carrion from the Bronx is a prime example, as much as we want to, how can we believe anything you say when your actions indicate otherwise.
Southbound

Lindenhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

Judged:

I have a question; where are your college records, and why can't we see them?
Doyle Daniels

Rochester, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

Judged:

Dear Mr. President,

I am a single, white, male, 57 years of age and have been out of work for a year in West Michigan. It seems that my age is against me in getting work for the few jobs that are still out there. I am wondering what any of your stimulus packages are going to do for me personally. Would you please use common language instead of political jargon and sidestepping talk to respond so that I can understand.
Thomas Jefferson

Gainesville, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

Judged:

First , calling Hussein Obama "the president" (small letters intended) is a fallacy and second, he is not listening because he has no answers.
not buying it

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 26, 2009

I read through a bunch of the questions, and it looks as though this project has been overrun by the "legalize marijuana" crowd.

And the whole immigration topic is curiously missing. Rasmussen runs surveys on it but somehow the WH can't be bothered to offer it as a question category?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of325
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Maumee Discussions

Search the Maumee Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 11 min Canton 28,426
Oregon man sentenced in fatal stabbing (Nov '11) Mon Brandy 6
toto magnum (Dec '13) Jul 7 PAK_WIRANTO 14
Should all Mexicans be deported ? (Nov '12) Jul 5 USA 10
OH Who do you support for Auditor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) Jul 4 edfgyujm 226
Sylvania to have hearing on rezoning request Jul 4 Jude Fackelman 1
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) Jul 2 Lindsay 2,213
•••
•••
•••
•••

Maumee Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Maumee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••