Stamp recognizes cartoonist Bill Maul...

Stamp recognizes cartoonist Bill Mauldin, High Rolls native son

There are 1 comment on the Alamogordo Daily News story from Mar 24, 2010, titled Stamp recognizes cartoonist Bill Mauldin, High Rolls native son. In it, Alamogordo Daily News reports that:

SANTA FE The U.S. Postal Service plans to honor Pulitzer Prize cartoonist Bill Mauldin with the issue of a commemorative stamp.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alamogordo Daily News.

George Fish

Carrizozo, NM

#1 Mar 24, 2010
A very fitting memorial. Bill Mauldin's portrayal of the average American G.I.s "Willie" and "Joe" during WWII are the essence of irreverent American humor that sets us apart from the crowd. He stood up to George Patton and told it like it was. If you have not read his book "The Brass Ring", check it out. It tells the story of an ordinary guy from High Rolls and includes his family and brother Sid in an entertaining and enlightening tale of free speech as it played out during WWII.
A great patriot, a good soldier, and he knew of what he spoke.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mauldin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: CruiseOne - Debbi McLees & Crew (Jan '12) 16 hr CruiseOne 2
Greenville Co - ElDeco Electric Is Bad? (Dec '10) Jun 28 Karen Fuller 76
Ryan chitwood Jun 20 looking 1
brittany ownby (Feb '15) Jun 19 Scarlett 2
News Greenville Cops Beat Man Senseless At Walmart (Aug '14) Jun 19 Scarlett 9
why don't white males date black women (Jul '12) Jun 16 Shaft 57
News Tony Perkins claims churches will lose federal ... (May '15) Jun 3 NeoZionist 9

Mauldin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mauldin Mortgages