Teen suspect in girl's slaying 'like ...

Teen suspect in girl's slaying 'like a family member'

There are 10 comments on the Myrtle Beach Online story from Jul 3, 2008, titled Teen suspect in girl's slaying 'like a family member'. In it, Myrtle Beach Online reports that:

Grieving relatives of an 8-year-old S.C. girl found raped and slain this week said Thursday that the young teenager accused of the crime was "like a family member" and his mother sought to comfort them when the ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Myrtle Beach Online.

out of town right now

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Jul 4, 2008
scum of the earth
A little bit of truth

United States

#2 Jul 4, 2008
Are our kids turning into Animals?
Where do we put the blame, for what our kids have turned into?
If you think this is new its not. In every generation they’re kids who feel left out and unimportant to those they wish to be important too.
Because most kids don’t express they’re anger and pain, this is what we get.
Kids that feel neglected and pushed away. For some reason they feel the way to get attention is
By hurting those they see getting attention.
To me it’s as simple as that. Kids are jealous of what they don’t have. It starts so innocently building a rage inside until the rage wants to explode, that’s when the already rude, gather the silent ones with rage, they blend they’re childish hate together and we find our self with a gang that is governed and lead with dark hate. A hate that is boiling inside. Most of these kids were quiet beings before, the pressure around them recruited them into the gang. The girls are the worse to me. When they start this rampage into the jaws of hell, those who notice say oh she will out grow it. Come on they’re is no growing out of it, until they experience the result of they’re hate.
Some are snapped back by the pain they inflict, some enjoy it so much it becomes an addiction, needing someone else’s pain to relive they’re own. Can you imagine, the diagnoses being that simple. When you sit and speak with those who enjoy to hurt others, its common sense that brings me to this conclusion. They act this way because they want attention from some body. It doesn’t matter who turns to look as they perform, they’re awful acts on those who don’t deserve it. As they enjoy inflicting pain on the innocent. The only thing they have done is be different. Anyway that makes they’re sick mind angry.
A little bit of truth

United States

#3 Jul 4, 2008
. Who knows why kids feel this anger so much, why it just engulfs them to the point they drown in hate, most times they hate kids they don’t know. They have just watched and as they watch they didn’t like the comrodery they saw. Be it a hug from they’re dad, they’re mom or seeing how well they’re family deals with life, or it could be the dress, weather the kids dresses up or down (poor). These animals that once were our kids enjoy inflicting pain be it mental or physical. It’s a sick reason why they get into they’re pack like gang and reek havoc on the innocent. Making our children uncomfortable in they’re skin this is where the diagnoses gets weird for our children. Those who are pushed, teased, thrown at, laughed at, just down right confused.
See it just didn’t start. In the 90s I was in DC and went to pick up kids from school. And what I saw that day blew my mind, I saw anger and hate for a girl who some one said had looked at another girl’s boy friend. They surrounded her as if they were lions killing prey. They jumped her and when teachers went to pull them off they’re thirst hadn’t been wrench. They wanted blood and would do anything to get it, but the teachers felt once they were out of sight, they could let the innocent go home. Not! She took off running toward her house they let her run and when she got home, they ran in after her. Broke windows, trashed the place, I ran across the street and called the police, it was awful. They acted like animals, Id never seen anything like that before. It took many police to get them under control, they were still in the house when the police got they’re. Yelling screaming like animals and as the police brought them out one by one it was as if they were not human beings. I was an adult and was scared for the children I had with me. There was no control at all and when the police threatened them with they’re parents they laughed. Every one of them needed therapy and prison in a cell by themselves with one to talk to. The weakness within them was ramped. Oh they fought they were strong but they weren’t. To me the ones they search out to destroy are the strong for with standing the pain and growing on and away from it not letting it devour them. by Patricia Robinson
Patricia Robinson
RJL - ASC

Myrtle Beach, SC

#5 Jul 4, 2008
"Everyone knew her," Kemp said. "She was a respectful little girl - always in before dark."

What does this mean exactly? At 8 years old was she allowed to roam any and everywhere, just be home by dark?

My prayers are with the parents of this little girl. It's awful you have to learn you can't trust people anymore. Unfortunatly, they paid the ultimate price for the lesson.
out of town right now

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Jul 5, 2008
A little bit of truth wrote:
Are our kids turning into Animals?
Where do we put the blame, for what our kids have turned into?
If you think this is new its not. In every generation they’re kids who feel left out and unimportant to those they wish to be important too.
Because most kids don’t express they’re anger and pain, this is what we get.
Kids that feel neglected and pushed away. For some reason they feel the way to get attention is
By hurting those they see getting attention.
To me it’s as simple as that. Kids are jealous of what they don’t have. It starts so innocently building a rage inside until the rage wants to explode, that’s when the already rude, gather the silent ones with rage, they blend they’re childish hate together and we find our self with a gang that is governed and lead with dark hate. A hate that is boiling inside. Most of these kids were quiet beings before, the pressure around them recruited them into the gang. The girls are the worse to me. When they start this rampage into the jaws of hell, those who notice say oh she will out grow it. Come on they’re is no growing out of it, until they experience the result of they’re hate.
Some are snapped back by the pain they inflict, some enjoy it so much it becomes an addiction, needing someone else’s pain to relive they’re own. Can you imagine, the diagnoses being that simple. When you sit and speak with those who enjoy to hurt others, its common sense that brings me to this conclusion. They act this way because they want attention from some body. It doesn’t matter who turns to look as they perform, they’re awful acts on those who don’t deserve it. As they enjoy inflicting pain on the innocent. The only thing they have done is be different. Anyway that makes they’re sick mind angry.
what is this our kids crap I raised 3 and none of them would rape and kill this 14 yr old needs to be in jail this is probly not the first trebble thing he has done just the first time he was cought don't lump all kids in with HIM
Peace

Lenoir City, TN

#7 Jul 5, 2008
Where was the mother why was this little girl allowed to roam free with no supervision. I have a eight year old son hes not even allowed outside my house with no adult. The mother waited how long before she called the police. Maybe shes like alot of other women the man is more important than her kids an alot. Yes there are also alot of daddys the same way laid up in the houses with their girlfreinds put the kids outside . Oh hell they will be allright they are just children for god sakes there are cr5azies roaming the strreets waiting to prey on a small child. An the 14 year old the mother of the little girl said on tv she knew something was not right about the 14 year old. Her statement was the her 8 year old daughter was outside in a pool with her ten year old freind. They were splashing each other. TYhe fourteen year old was standing there with his arms crossed watching them . The mother of the little 8 year old came outside with her son an said what is he doing. Her son says mama he likes the 10 year old. She said she did't think it was normal to her son but never thought anythging about it. Why did she not say something to the 10 years old mother. Why did she not say then maybe i better spend more time watching my daughter an keep her away from the 14 year old.An as for her son who was such good freinds with this boy has he also been messing with younger girls. The 14 year old who is being accused what type of life has this child had. I feel sorry for the mothe I beleived she loved her little girl very much . There is stories from neighbors in this community that the little girl was always outside sometimes 10 are 11 at night no supervision. Why the little girls life is over an the 14 year olds is to if found guilty.
ga peach

Hephzibah, GA

#8 Jul 8, 2008
this mother should have watched the little girl more carefully. times are not like they used to be, not here, not any where. parents can not let their children out of thier sight any more. what is this world coming to?
Uncle John

United States

#9 Jul 8, 2008
Peace wrote:
Where was the mother why was this little girl allowed to roam free with no supervision. I have a eight year old son hes not even allowed outside my house with no adult. The mother waited how long before she called the police. Maybe shes like alot of other women the man is more important than her kids an alot. Yes there are also alot of daddys the same way laid up in the houses with their girlfreinds put the kids outside . Oh hell they will be allright they are just children for god sakes there are cr5azies roaming the strreets waiting to prey on a small child. An the 14 year old the mother of the little girl said on tv she knew something was not right about the 14 year old. Her statement was the her 8 year old daughter was outside in a pool with her ten year old freind. They were splashing each other. TYhe fourteen year old was standing there with his arms crossed watching them . The mother of the little 8 year old came outside with her son an said what is he doing. Her son says mama he likes the 10 year old. She said she did't think it was normal to her son but never thought anythging about it. Why did she not say something to the 10 years old mother. Why did she not say then maybe i better spend more time watching my daughter an keep her away from the 14 year old.An as for her son who was such good freinds with this boy has he also been messing with younger girls. The 14 year old who is being accused what type of life has this child had. I feel sorry for the mothe I beleived she loved her little girl very much . There is stories from neighbors in this community that the little girl was always outside sometimes 10 are 11 at night no supervision. Why the little girls life is over an the 14 year olds is to if found guilty.
14 and earned a needle. Hope he enjoys his trip to visit Satan.
ga peach

Hephzibah, GA

#10 Jul 8, 2008
Peace wrote:
if this is true, the mother is at fault also, she may not have hit or strangled the little girl, but she mind as well have said" here she is, come and get her". all mothers, if they love their kids do not let kids roam the streets at night and all by themselves. even in the daytime, no child should have to fight for thier life.....
concerned

United States

#11 Jul 13, 2008
this little girl, my goodness, 8 years old, she was rapped, strangled. I can not emagine a mother letting a 8 year old roam the neighborhood at 10.00 at night by herself, where was the mother? father,family? why did the mother not know where the little girl was at, at all times? this is so sad, the parents are at fault because they did not watch their daughter, I can not imagine this is so terrible, she was sexaully assaulted, this is bad enough but she was killed. did this mother not love her little girl? she was just asking for her litle girl to be missing, rapped and killed. the child welfare office nned to take the other surviving children away if any, things happen, but not if parents are being parents. as a child I was never allowed to be by myself outside at any time of the day or night. and we did not do any thing without parent supervision. does this mother make it a habit of litting her kids do any thing without her supervision, well hell, she probably does know what supervision means..all evidence to the contrary.and the parents of the 16 yr old killer-rapist? parents are legally responsible for their childrens actions, so what is going to happen the his parents??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mauldin Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Five Forks Dental Care Inc - Kristina H... (Nov '09) Aug 23 Joe Wallace 3
Looking for dirt... Aug 19 BringItBeotch 1
News Baby-sitter charged after child accidentally sh... Aug 12 Rod Knox 1
Greenville Co - ElDeco Electric Is Bad? (Dec '10) Aug 6 Yeargin 77
Looking for insight on Greenville Aug 4 mandy1308 1
GREENVILLE-ASHEVILLE CULT: DEEKSHA ONENESS "BLE... Aug 3 anonymous 3
fed up with scdss and child support Aug 2 Barry 2

Mauldin Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mauldin Mortgages