#22 Oct 11, 2012
Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do u say that? What did they do?
do they have a sister ??
Wow

United States

#23 Oct 11, 2012
I heard he was selling drugs out of his police car..and they had cameras in his car to catch him in the act. I also heard other people were involved who were not cops. Known drug dealers were involved, and buyers/users..i heard.

Why no cases on anyone involved yet..why no arrest?

Does this involve alot of other people than JB?
your all morons

North Liberty, IA

#24 Oct 11, 2012
if you had any sence you would know ILLINOIS is the most corrupt state in the union and isp or the stupid assed task force had NOTHING to do with it, it went higher up than you morons think. you think hes the only dirty cop in the freakin COUNTY OF COLES well think again......THATS ALL IVE GOT TO SAY ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!!!!
Just wondering

Mattoon, IL

#25 Oct 11, 2012
us citizen wrote:
okay let me see if I got this right...a police officer was caught buying/selling illegal drugs, got ask to resign. This never goes to court,he just loses his job. Still has a thriving business,plus gets his police pension from the city of Charleston. Wow, what a lucky guy!!!! Anyone else would be in court, get jail time & have hefty fines to pay to everyone & their brother. Probably have to get mental health treatment etc. I think the people of Charleston ought to be enraged.!!!!
Thriving is questionable as is any sort of pension. Anyone else who would've been in the same position, which is to say "do what we tell you to do and you'll get off without charges" would've done the same. There's an entire topic dedicated to that on here.

If you'll look in the newspaper there's a lot of people who get off with minor charges for serious offenses. Why is that? It's all about what the states attorney wants to know and what you can tell him. In this case the state wanted to know if they could make this go away as painlessly as possible and JB told him "I'll keep my mouth shut". Sometimes silence is golden. The truth is probably closer to Baker saying "make this go away" though. In fact, I'd bet the state prosecution wasn't even involved. "Just make it go away."

Call it corruption if you must but any of you would have done the same. Get off without charges or face time and ridicule? The choice is easy.
Just wondering

Mattoon, IL

#26 Oct 11, 2012
your all morons wrote:
if you had any sence you would know ILLINOIS is the most corrupt state in the union and isp or the stupid assed task force had NOTHING to do with it, it went higher up than you morons think. you think hes the only dirty cop in the freakin COUNTY OF COLES well think again......THATS ALL IVE GOT TO SAY ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!!!!
Wow, I can't even process that. Try again later.
Wow

United States

#27 Oct 11, 2012
Sounds to me like he did what he had to..to get out of the situation. Most in his position do the same. None of this so far has surprised me. I just hope he learned his lesson, and gets well soon and moves on with his life in a positive, healthy way now.
Corruption

United States

#28 Oct 14, 2012
This same exact thread has been removed from the Charleston fourm because of obvious reasons.

I wonder who paid the 25 bucks to have it removed? John Blevins maybee..or the CPD...OR the city of Charleston? Who pays to have the truth removed from public view? WHO????

If this thread is removed here..i suspect others will just post another one soon after. I bet a simular thread will be posted in Charleston fourm soon. U cant stop this news from being viewed from the public. The public will ALWAYS get the last word on topix like this. So get ur money ready to remove more info on JOHN BLEVINS. U cant stop this from happening..trust me. The truth will be posted. Again and again and again if needed to get this story out to the citizens of this county...they deserve to know about this...and the rest of the corruption in THEIR county of Coles.
Charleston citizen

United States

#29 Oct 14, 2012
Thank you Topix for putting this thread back up, so soon. The city of Charleston thanks you as well. This news about police corruption and drug selling and using by the CPD..must stop! This is a discrace to the city of Charleston. Officer Blevins should be arrested and convicted of all the laws he has broken. He is not above the law. The others involved in this crime and cover up of this crime will be investigated..if it takes the FBI OR DEA to do it.

ISP is just as corrupt as local police..they are supposed to investigate in cases like this.Local police like CPD or Task force will not or can not investigate this crime.. because it's a conflict of interest. ISP is not doing their job correctly in this matter. If this continues the FBI or DEA will be contacted to do the investigation..i would assume. All Charleston citizens should be outraged of this injustice. Call your state representative and let them know how you feel about this. DEMAND justice! DEMAND accountability FOR all those involved in this crime and corruption. If you dont, u have no excuse if this happens again and again and again. We must unite against this corrupt county and city.

Thank you citizens of Charleston and Coles County.

Call ur State Rep. NOW!...and the FBI & DEA. And the IRS.
IF.. enough people complain they will be FORCED to take action. CALL. Its ur duty as a citizen to protect UR town from rogue police like FORMER Officer JOHN BLEVINS.

BTW..The name of his business is BLEVINS TREE SERVICE. His shop in located on N. 5th st by North Park in Charleston. ALL his employees are involved in drug dealing and using drugs on the job. Beware of this crew. They are dangerous individuals who need to be removed from the positions they have and arrested for the crimes they commit on a daily basis. Tree removal and drugs do not mix. Safety is a big issue here. Act now!

He pays them ALL with cash as well. Report this to the IRS.

THIS MAN, his family AND HIS CREW AND BUSINESS NEED TO LEAVE THIS AREA NOW!

He is still protected by local law enforcement to deal drugs and use them.

Does this concern u..or ur family? Protect your children from this type of crime and corruption. Its your duty as a good citizen. And vote as well.

Thank you.
Charleston citizen

United States

#30 Oct 14, 2012
Oh yeah..i forgot to mention he does ALL the tree removal for the City of Charleston. Like in all the city property..like the PARKS your children play in and around. This crew is NOT SAFE around children. Stay away! Far away from them. Its a safety concern for ur family. BEWARE OF BLEVINS TREE SERVICE.

HIS TRUCKS ARE MARKED WITH HIS NAME. But that could be removed soon.

Just sayin...
RepoMan

Effingham, IL

#31 Oct 14, 2012
Shouldn't every case Blevins has been involved in, at least get some kind of judicial review? After all, Blevins has sent people to prison, processed evidence against, and testified in court of law. If he is corrupt on one front, he will testi-lie in court, plant evidence, etc.
RepoMan

Effingham, IL

#32 Oct 14, 2012
Drugs right out of Blevin's pocket into your car for the dog to falsly alert on. How convenient...
RepoMan

Effingham, IL

#33 Oct 14, 2012
What ever came of the Charleston High School Police officer fornicating with the high school student?
Charleston citizen

United States

#34 Oct 14, 2012
RepoMan wrote:
What ever came of the Charleston High School Police officer fornicating with the high school student?
Former officer HITE" resigned" as well. Thats how CPD rolls. Corruption.
Charleston citizen

United States

#35 Oct 14, 2012
RepoMan wrote:
Shouldn't every case Blevins has been involved in, at least get some kind of judicial review? After all, Blevins has sent people to prison, processed evidence against, and testified in court of law. If he is corrupt on one front, he will testi-lie in court, plant evidence, etc.
Exactly..judicial review. Demand justice!
us citizen

Tower Hill, IL

#36 Oct 14, 2012
Seems Belvins delivering/picking up at lake mattoon hutch house has slowed to a stop. I bet if we were to ask they have no idea who Blevins is...LOL
Charleston citizen

United States

#37 Oct 14, 2012
us citizen wrote:
Seems Belvins delivering/picking up at lake mattoon hutch house has slowed to a stop. I bet if we were to ask they have no idea who Blevins is...LOL
LOL..This whole thing was highly organized. John Blevins is not alone. He is a player in a organized conspiracy.

Distribution of drugs,criminal conspiracy...this thing is bigger than one police officer who "resigned" ...again. Why did he resign? Is my question? Plz answer that John Blevins...or JB,as ur friends call u. Thank you.

Just sayin...damn.

This erodes the public trust in law enforcement. It must be investigated thoroughly by trusted investigators with the FBI and DEA..because ISP cant be trusted to do the job. Demand justice! Call ur state rep and tell them how u feel about all this corruption in UR county and state.

This must end. Take action. Now.
Todd Reardon

United States

#38 Oct 14, 2012
Vote for me. lol
Sheriff CoCks

United States

#39 Oct 14, 2012
Dont vote for me. lol

Vote for Jimmy Rankin. End the corruption in Coles County.

Vote. Its.ur duty.
Corruption

United States

#40 Oct 14, 2012
Lol...
Corruption

United States

#41 Oct 14, 2012
Obama or Romney? LOL.

Dont be a fool. Do ur own investigation into the facts as a citizen. Its ur duty as well as voting.

Be an informed voter.

Power to the people!

One person can affect the masses. Is that one person you? A million people can rule the world. Get it? Does the 1% rule the 99%? Is that backwards? Answer ur own questions.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mattoon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the murder by puffs Wed Bootsie 20
Vickie Butcher Jun 26 dude2970 5
Guy in the red dodge (May '15) Jun 23 The same 9
Mattoon ladies of the night Jun 22 Amber 2 8
David Frericks Jun 22 jbender 3
Mattoon Ladies Get Around (Apr '14) Jun 15 Xxx 80
Dining Table And Chairs For Sale Jun 9 wangjiehan 1

Mattoon Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance