James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium O...

James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium Owner, Found Dead in Apparent Suicide

There are 2879 comments on the International Business Times story from Dec 16, 2011, titled James Bissett, Long Island Aquarium Owner, Found Dead in Apparent Suicide. In it, International Business Times reports that:

James Bissett, the co-owner of Long Island Aquarium, was found dead Wednesday night in what police are calling an apparent suicide.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at International Business Times.

Harvey Milk

Sound Beach, NY

#1903 May 31, 2012
Any evidence of but play on the victims?
TJAMS

Farmingville, NY

#1904 May 31, 2012
lets remember one thing ,there are still family members mothers , fathers , children , grandchildren , and many more ,
lets respect them on both sides ,it is what it is ,, all these roumers are and opinions are just that ,and will not change anything ,,
and even though everyone one here seems to be related to someone in blue ,lets let them do thier jobs un-interupted with social media stories
IslandGirl

AOL

#1905 Jun 1, 2012
DEE wrote:
Is there any updates on this anywhere besides this blog? Curious to know any other information.
There aren't any updates because the man knew too many Long Island politicians and billionaires. I'm sure the case will go nowhere...watch...there won't be anymore missing or bodies found in L.I.. It will all be pushed under the table because he's dead. Who are they going to charge for the deaths of all those people? A dead man? All they would need is some DNA actually.
IslandGirl

AOL

#1906 Jun 1, 2012
YOUR ALL ASSES wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman was a slut....she screwed for money honey!!!!!
So, the child found was a slut too? Only a few of the women were known call girls, not all of the victims. AND WHO KNOWS HOW MANY MORE INNOCENT PEOPLE ARE OUT THERE>>>DEAD!
IslandGirl

AOL

#1907 Jun 1, 2012
YOUR ALL ASSES wrote:
<quoted text>
The woman was a slut....she screwed for money honey!!!!!

and it's you're not your!!

Well, he was not afraid of killing, since he killed himself....GET IT!!!
IslandGirl

AOL

#1908 Jun 1, 2012
LI Suffolk wrote:
There is no way this man could have done any of the things you have posted . Done notthing but help the island and the people that have worked for him . Look what he did for Suffolk stop and give him some rest
As if wealthy people never committed crimes...where the heck have you been living, on Mars? But they usually get away with all their crimes, yes???
DEE

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1910 Jun 1, 2012
Does anyone have updated news on this? Real news..
DEE

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1911 Jun 1, 2012
IslandGirl wrote:
<quoted text>
There aren't any updates because the man knew too many Long Island politicians and billionaires. I'm sure the case will go nowhere...watch...there won't be anymore missing or bodies found in L.I.. It will all be pushed under the table because he's dead. Who are they going to charge for the deaths of all those people? A dead man? All they would need is some DNA actually.
Has there ever been a case where they charge a deceased person?

And yes, he did know influential people...

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1913 Jun 1, 2012
DEE wrote:
<quoted text>Has there ever been a case where they charge a deceased person?

And yes, he did know influential people...
Moron- she was obviously being sarcastic.

Location hidden

#1914 Jun 1, 2012
Harvey Milk wrote:
Any evidence of but play on the victims?
You seriously never learned how to spell "butt?"
Harvey Milk

Brentwood, NY

#1915 Jun 1, 2012
Free Mumbia!
A friend

Wading River, NY

#1916 Jun 4, 2012
Can't believe the crap on this blog. Jimmy must be having a good laugh right now.
Evan Politico

Brentwood, NY

#1917 Jun 4, 2012
its happening Yo!Suffolk DA has a press conference June 6th in accordance wit the transit of Venus Yo!
realdealbeal

Keyport, NJ

#1918 Jun 6, 2012
Evan Politico wrote:
its happening Yo!Suffolk DA has a press conference June 6th in accordance wit the transit of Venus Yo!

Stop saying Yo!
Truly Disappointed

Calverton, NY

#1919 Jun 6, 2012
transit of Venus? what does that mean?
Evan Politico

Sound Beach, NY

#1920 Jun 6, 2012
Maybe URANUS Yo!
Ashamed

Brooklyn, NY

#1921 Jun 8, 2012
Every person here should be disgusted with themselves. If there is evidence then it will surface. But to justify this mans suicide without any knowledge is a dreadful sin. Suicide takes many forms and it doesn't discriminate against the wealthy and fortunate. The young, talented,'happy', and rich have all succumbed to suicide. It is not because they are serial killers.

To minimize and 'simplify' bissetts act in order to justify it is horrible. I am ashamed people are so cowardly. If he is guilty, it will be known. But please have some decency and outright character

Location hidden

#1922 Jun 8, 2012
Ashamed wrote:
Every person here should be disgusted with themselves. If there is evidence then it will surface. But to justify this mans suicide without any knowledge is a dreadful sin. Suicide takes many forms and it doesn't discriminate against the wealthy and fortunate. The young, talented,'happy', and rich have all succumbed to suicide. It is not because they are serial killers.

To minimize and 'simplify' bissetts act in order to justify it is horrible. I am ashamed people are so cowardly. If he is guilty, it will be known. But please have some decency and outright character
Cowardly? Unlike suicide?

Character? Decency? Yeah- putting a bullet in your head and leaving behind a grieving family is really a decent act which is full of character. Something we should all respect.
DEE

Saint Petersburg, FL

#1923 Jun 8, 2012
Curiously waiting wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron- she was obviously being sarcastic.
I was asking an honest question...so you call me a moron?
June

United States

#1924 Jun 8, 2012
I know the bissett family and your comment was perfectly stated. Personally I believe this is all crap. I pray that it is all crap. Let the police do their job and leave these pr peple in peace.!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mattituck Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In preparing students, not all schools are equal (Jun '07) Aug 9 Mr Bob 13
Debate: Abortion Debate - Northville, NY (Mar '12) Aug '15 caterwaul 4
News Gigi Hadid may be wearing Joe Jonas's shirt dur... Jul '15 diana 1
News New Apartments Close To Opening In Crestwood Se... Jul '15 GetOffMyScreen 1
Review: Ten Nail Jun '15 Lucy 1
News Donate School Supplies to Needy Children at Hun... Jun '15 mjjcpa 1
News Massena PD Public Record May '15 the Ace of Spades 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mattituck Mortgages