Samantha and Tessara Crespi died
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
jensaustralia

Drummoyne, Australia

#81 Jun 27, 2008
medication can cause severe side effects, especially anti-depressants, and especially within the first weeks. I tried to kill myself and obsessed about it when i switched meds to prozac, this would have left my 3 babies motherless and my husband alone. but i truly believed this was the ONLY way out. lucky for me my husband took me to casualty when it became apparent i was going to do something so bad and my meds were changed. david crespi is not making excuses, he is being honest about the frame of mind he was ni at that moment. just because he and his wife are composed does not mean they are heartless. they are united in their love and grief for those girls and she obviously is very aware (too late) of the dreadful side effecs of prozac and is choosing not to desert her husband.i'm in agreement that if anyone tried to hurt my babies well whatever but if my meds had caused such a reaction that i actuallyb did commit suicide, I would beg for forgiveness, esopecially from my children and husband.this is the frame of mind kim crespi is in, and its courageous however mad it may seem. her girls are gone she needs their souls and spirits near her so she has styed in the place where she can remember them. she does not focus on the tragedy but the life they led.please do not write anything bad about me in response, i still suffer from mental illness and am only writing an opinion.with thanks

Hi Katie, I am stunned like you at the peoples reactions, this show of Ophra was only aired in Australia yestereday. I cant get it out of my mind and keep on reading about them because I feel my heart going out to them. I am like you a sufferer of depression and had the axact safe reaction as you had with prozac. I stood with the knife ready to kill myself when my husband found me and stopped me. And you dont know you do it that moment it is not you, something in you take over and act and afterwards you can just look at what you did and say, wow did i really do that.
I feel so sorry for the women and igree with you i think i would also stay in the house thinking this is where my daughters memories are and where i am still close to them. why move away and loose those memories. you have to celebrate their life and focus on how they lived and not on how they died. I will pray for the family, especially Kimberli and Dave and hope they will find peace.
I also hope you are doing better with your depression, i have been diagnosed after 20 years of stuggling with depression and only now i have found the right good psychiatris and medication. I feel reliefed and like Dave i had a time where i felt i was tired of feeling not well.
i appreciate your comment here and wish more people could see deeper than the surface but once again if you never were there at this place then you will not understand.
May God bless the Crespi's and you Katie. hope your doing well with your depression.
Jim

Mount Holly, NC

#82 Jul 9, 2008
If we say it was the medication that caused this then why is it being prescribed and why isn't the doctor on trial. Are we playing Russian Roulette here...which human will kill under the pill?

I believe seriously depressed and mentally ill people should be hospitalized till they are stable if that be possible. But for people to be mainstreamed to live "normal" lives when they cannot is dangerous to theirselves and others.
Andie

Rancho Cordova, CA

#83 Aug 21, 2008
I worked with Dave Crespi many moons ago at Sacramento Savings. Dave was always a kind man and regardless of his obvious wealth he treated everyone the same. Something had to be out of the ordinary as this is not the Dave I knew. Don't judge him, it's not our place...
Mary Dingler

Monroe, LA

#84 Nov 18, 2008
erik wrote:
<quoted text>
I seen her on the Oprah show too and sat there with a complete puzzled look absolutely stunned watching her talk about this.
Geeze was she on something??? I turned it off cause I could not stand her as she was talking about this like it was nothing. I was like maybe she is in shock or something or its hasn't hit her but surely it has to have since its a year now.
Its obvious that he was mentally ill but you know what it excuses nothing cause if it did then he would not be in jail either but she is saying more or less the kids are dead so what he is sick and could not help it.
I just didn't get her or her lack of emotion about the whole thing.
I also feel she is to blame too because this guy is running around hearing voices in his head and she leaves him to care for the kids. There is no way that she did not know he was incoherant about things and should not have left them alone together.
To Erik:
I'm glad someone sees this the way I do. When I read this heartbreaking story in People magazine I could barely breathe. I cried and then ranted about the fact that the mother visits the sick, twisted man in prison and has forgiven him of taking something so precious. She made a seriously bad judgment call. She knew very well he had homicidal thoughts and visions. What haircut is so important that you couldn't just take them with you or schedule it for a time when someone else could watch them. Why would you leave them with a maniac to be murdered. I'm sure she didn't wish it but she enabled it because she made the worst choice of her life. Shame on her and damn him to HELL.
Mary Dingler

Monroe, LA

#85 Nov 18, 2008
Andie wrote:
I worked with Dave Crespi many moons ago at Sacramento Savings. Dave was always a kind man and regardless of his obvious wealth he treated everyone the same. Something had to be out of the ordinary as this is not the Dave I knew. Don't judge him, it's not our place...
LOOK AT WHAT HE DID ANDIE! Picture the babies. Their horrified faces when they realize what's happening to them and asking why. He had to know what he was doing in a way because he waited to commit the act when the wife left him alone. True insanity wouldn't care who was home or when.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#86 Nov 19, 2008
I know this is an old thread but I always thought this guy got off easy. Can you say "Death Penalty"? He might have been crazy, but like Mary said above, true insanity wouldn't care who was home or when he killed them. His inner voices or whatever they say was wrong with him would have taken over at any time, not just when the wife left for a haircut.

OMG. I cry all over again thinking about those babies. How can you stab your children to death? HOW?????????? I do picture their faces and hear their screams of "Why Daddy?"....

I saw that Oprah show as well and thought the same thing. WHAT is wrong with that woman? They would have had to put me away somewhere because I would have been suicidal myself!! My children are my life!!!!!!!!!

I'm almost sorry I saw this thread because it hurts so much to think about those poor babies. They were just babies.:(
Mary Dingler

Monroe, LA

#87 Dec 17, 2008
I get angrier and angrier every time I think about this case. When I read the article in People magazine I felt so much disgust toward David and the wife. This is incomprehensable. Dispicable. What's worse is the wife visits him in prison and forgives him. She left her babies alone with a psycho who destroyed them. These people are both maniacs.
abc

Piedmont, SC

#88 Aug 13, 2009
Tiffany wrote:
I just finished watching the oprah show and i saw them on it i think that they were planing the whole thing because they seem so calm, but at the same time i feel bad for the dad because he confessed and told the truth.. R.I.P to the two twin daughters Sam and Tessa
Seriously? You REALLY think they planned this? Really? Yes, two precious beautiful little girls are dead because they wanted to be on Oprah. That is all they were aspiring for. Yes, that was all they wanted. Yes, that makes a hell of a lot of sense. A man who had a great job decided to throw his life as well as his family away, for fifteen minutes of fame? Yes, that makes a lot of sense. That was the second or third time Oprah had asked them to be on the show. The mother was trying to focus on depression, and misdiagnosis. Not the horrible death of her two beautiful daughters. Oprah said that on the opening part of the show, but all she did was question them about the death. "What were they saying as you were stabbing them?" That is what was twisted about it. She has to be strong for her kids. I may not be immediate family, but they still are family. I'm not saying you can't judge them, but if you are, please don't be stupid about it.
kim

Houston, TX

#89 Dec 31, 2009
WAS HE CRAZY,POSSECED OR JUST EVIL?
Interesting

Albemarle, NC

#90 Dec 31, 2009
kim wrote:
WAS HE CRAZY,POSSECED OR JUST EVIL?
Where are you finding these old, old posts? Just curious.
:)
michelle

Jamestown, TN

#91 Dec 31, 2009
Interesting wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are you finding these old, old posts? Just curious.
:)
i was always told look and you shall find:)
kimberly michelle

Jamestown, TN

#92 Dec 31, 2009
do i know you??
Interesting

Albemarle, NC

#93 Dec 31, 2009
kimberly michelle wrote:
do i know you??
Don't think so. I don't recall seeing your name. Just saw that these posts were really dated and was curious.

Happy New Year, whoever you are.

:)
Interesting

Albemarle, NC

#94 Dec 31, 2009
Reread the OP more carefully. I remember the tragic story.
esther

Concord, CA

#95 Feb 28, 2010
I know these people. Don't insult them- he was not in control of his actions.. condolences
Billy Bob

United States

#96 Mar 4, 2010
He should have gotten a "pay any day" loan from Wachovia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matthews Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I have subs for anyone in need of help. 5 hr popo 1
bggb (Aug '14) Mon gjest 163
ILLEGALS-DRUGS-Weapons Mon ILLEGALS TERROR 1
new semi pro football team in charlotte (Dec '13) May 30 SCSM 19
powpow May 25 Loki79 11
Loan shark needed (Jul '09) May 24 Donawa 22
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) May 23 isostrawberry 155
More from around the web

Matthews People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]