Stallings names M. Plyler new police ...

Stallings names M. Plyler new police chief

There are 13 comments on the The Charlotte Observer story from Jun 18, 2012, titled Stallings names M. Plyler new police chief. In it, The Charlotte Observer reports that:

Stallings' new police chief's name might be familiar to town residents -- Minor Plyler, a longtime member of the Union County town's law enforcement department, and the brother of Stallings' first police chief.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Charlotte Observer.

Politically Savy

Matthews, NC

#1 Jun 19, 2012
Congratulations Chief Plyler....please ignore the rudeness from the jealous crowd!
Resident

Indian Trail, NC

#2 Jun 19, 2012
Who's jealous?
Stallings Resident

Columbus, NC

#3 Jun 19, 2012
Politically Savy wrote:
Congratulations Chief Plyler....please ignore the rudeness from the jealous crowd!
Thank you Stallings for doing the right thing for once. Hiring from within is what should have been done before when Mayor Paxton insisted on going outside the department and you see happened, a Chief that brought shame to our town and when all the facts come out we will have to hide our face. Once again thanks Stallings and Congrats Mr. Plyer.
Resident

Indian Trail, NC

#4 Jun 19, 2012
Stallings Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you Stallings for doing the right thing for once. Hiring from within is what should have been done before when Mayor Paxton insisted on going outside the department and you see happened, a Chief that brought shame to our town and when all the facts come out we will have to hide our face. Once again thanks Stallings and Congrats Mr. Plyer.
Well....what are the facts?
Stallings Resident

Columbus, NC

#5 Jun 20, 2012
Can't say, but it will embarrass you and the town.
Stallings Resident

Columbus, NC

#6 Jun 26, 2012
I attended the own Hall meeting last night and I want to thank the two ladies who scolded the Town Mayor for her action and comments in the news paper, that was a slap in the face to the new Town Polce Chief.
Stallings Resident Too

Huntersville, NC

#7 Jun 29, 2012
There probably won't be any more facts made public or they would already be out. A lot gets hidden behind the excuse of "personnel privacy." It's hard to tell whether the silence was to protect Dumett or the officers who complained about him. Holding back the real facts was more likely just to create suspicion that the chief did something really awful or illegal so that the plan to put in another Plyler was more defendable.
Woohoo

Charlotte, NC

#8 Jul 24, 2012
Its about time we got someone in here that can handle the job and the bull the mayor slings his way. Hopefully she has realized this is her last term. The town is tired of someone who is trying to gain personal wealth from her position. She stands for nothing good or positive about the community. Her coffe w the mayor brings like 5 people (one being her partner) leaving 4 who aren't even stallings citizens. She needs to wake up and listen to the citizens of this town. If they say your doing a bad job then change your ways. But what is the saying a leopard can't change it's spots.
Resident

Maysville, KY

#9 Jul 25, 2012
Woohoo wrote:
Its about time we got someone in here that can handle the job and the bull the mayor slings his way. Hopefully she has realized this is her last term. The town is tired of someone who is trying to gain personal wealth from her position. She stands for nothing good or positive about the community. Her coffe w the mayor brings like 5 people (one being her partner) leaving 4 who aren't even stallings citizens. She needs to wake up and listen to the citizens of this town. If they say your doing a bad job then change your ways. But what is the saying a leopard can't change it's spots.
Please enlighten the rest of us.....how is she trying to gain personal wealth? I have attended coffees where there are a number of residents in attendance. Why do you think 4 non stallings residents would attend coffee with the mayor of a town they don't live in? Mayor Paxton is the best thing that has ever happened to this town.....and she has a large number of supporters.
Woohoo

Charlotte, NC

#10 Aug 7, 2012
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
Please enlighten the rest of us.....how is she trying to gain personal wealth? I have attended coffees where there are a number of residents in attendance. Why do you think 4 non stallings residents would attend coffee with the mayor of a town they don't live in? Mayor Paxton is the best thing that has ever happened to this town.....and she has a large number of supporters.
She is by far the best- she has more against her. U seem to forget several of her coffee w mayor are not physically in stallings. They are in Jenny bridge Indian trail. So there are your non stallings residents. She loves to quote books and reports but failes I give the full story. She is piece of work to put it lightly
Stallings Resident

Matthews, NC

#11 Aug 7, 2012
Woohoo wrote:
<quoted text>
She is by far the best- she has more against her. U seem to forget several of her coffee w mayor are not physically in stallings. They are in Jenny bridge Indian trail. So there are your non stallings residents. She loves to quote books and reports but failes I give the full story. She is piece of work to put it lightly
Woohoo you are brillant and thanks for you comments.
Resident

Matthews, NC

#12 Aug 8, 2012
Woohoo wrote:
<quoted text>
She is by far the best- she has more against her. U seem to forget several of her coffee w mayor are not physically in stallings. They are in Jenny bridge Indian trail. So there are your non stallings residents. She loves to quote books and reports but failes I give the full story. She is piece of work to put it lightly
Where in the world is Jenny Bridge? All of the coffees are in Stallings. Which ones aren't? Again, please enlighten the rest of us.....
Resident

Matthews, NC

#13 Aug 8, 2012
Woohoo wrote:
<quoted text>
She is by far the best- she has more against her. U seem to forget several of her coffee w mayor are not physically in stallings. They are in Jenny bridge Indian trail. So there are your non stallings residents. She loves to quote books and reports but failes I give the full story. She is piece of work to put it lightly
Okay.....you said SEVERAL are in Jenny Bridge and Indian Trail. To my knowledge all of these locations are in Stallings. Boswells has closed and was replaced with Steak & Hoagie, which is in Stallings.

First Wednesday of each month:
7:30 - 9:00 AM McDonald's @ Stevens Crossing
 
Second Wednesday of each month:
6:30 - 8:00 PM Boswells on Monroe Rd

Third Wednesday of each month:
7:30 - 9:00 AM McDonalds @ Potters Road

Fourth Wednesday of each month:
6:30 - 8:30 PM Cactus [email protected] Market

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matthews Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
guitar center sucks 1 hr Well Well 12
Cam's pimped out again 4 hr Boogie Man 6
The ex gov visits Trump 4 hr Boogie Man 3
Pat McCory lost by 10,000 votes, 300,000 Illega... 6 hr See 4
News Social media's impact in Keith Lamont Scott case 6 hr Fred Herbert 1
Considering a move to Wesley Chapel (Feb '16) 10 hr chickie45 5
Trump Hates Poor White Folks Wed Trump calls you t... 1

Matthews Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Matthews Mortgages