Bicyclist dies after being struck by car in south Charlotte

Aug 26, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WSOCTV

A bicyclist struck by a car late Friday has died of his injuries. Florencio Lobos Rosa, 27, was not wearing a helmet when he drove his bicycle across Old Pineville Road near Archdale Drive and into the path of a Honda Accord, police said.

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Aug 29, 2013

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

Vehicles, the cars are not just for you! We have to share the roads, not matter how stupid the pedestrian may be. The burden is on you to look out for them.
over taxed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2013

I Hate Syracuse wrote:
Vehicles, the cars are not just for you! We have to share the roads, not matter how stupid the pedestrian may be. The burden is on you to look out for them.
The victim was a BICYCLIST, not a pedestrian. You're not too bright, are you?

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

over taxed wrote:
<quoted text>The victim was a BICYCLIST, not a pedestrian. You're not too bright, are you?
Your spliting hairs makes you the moron. Anyone in a multi-ton vehicle should take extra caution for those who are not. Let's not make this about me, but about the poor person who has lost their life. Focuss...
over taxed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>Your spliting hairs makes you the moron. Anyone in a multi-ton vehicle should take extra caution for those who are not. Let's not make this about me, but about the poor person who has lost their life. Focuss...
The driver was in a Honda Accord, hardly a "multi-ton vehicle". Like I said, you're not very bright. Or am I splitting hairs again?

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

over taxed wrote:
<quoted text>The driver was in a Honda Accord, hardly a "multi-ton vehicle". Like I said, you're not very bright. Or am I splitting hairs again?
The law places the burden on the driver of the vehicle over cyclists and pedestrians. Obviously, it is in the best interest of those not in vehicles to be mindful of their environment. But, there is little you can do if the driver is drunk and simply headed in your direction. A car weighs a lot more than a huffy. But, Iím sure as a southerner, the principles of weights and measures are too complicated for you.
over taxed

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

I Hate Syracuse wrote:
<quoted text>The law places the burden on the driver of the vehicle over cyclists and pedestrians. Obviously, it is in the best interest of those not in vehicles to be mindful of their environment. But, there is little you can do if the driver is drunk and simply headed in your direction. A car weighs a lot more than a huffy. But, Iím sure as a southerner, the principles of weights and measures are too complicated for you.
But I know how to read.

“Vote Republican”

Wyandanch, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2013

over taxed wrote:
<quoted text>But I know how to read.
Your other problem is that you have made this topic about you. This is about the safety of pedestrians and cyclists.

There is no doubt that you know how to read. Do you require validation from me?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Matthews Discussions

Search the Matthews Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 23 min State of Florida 56,557
Alice Cooper and Motley Crue 1 hr oldballs 2
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) Wed Concerned Citizen 230
Help with Bad Landlord Wed Concerned Citizen 2
What the heck is wrong with black people in cha... Tue Tony 6
Dog food and meds Tue ToEachIsOwn 3
I Love Black Women (May '11) Tue Tim 235
•••
•••
•••
•••

Matthews Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••