Liquor opposition a family affair in Wingate

Oct 29, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Enquirer-Journal

One Wingate family is urging fellow residents to vote against liquor by the drink in this year's referendum.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 39 of39
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Jobs

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

I meant bikes
Jobs

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

We need some more, what a foreign concept to this administration
old n nasty

Indian Trail, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2013

Judged:

go get you some midnight moon,i like the strawberry and cherry flavors the best so far ,going to try blackberry next. good stuff!
Yall are funny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

Is there really enough intellect in the area to add alcohol to the equation?
The last thing the area needs is more incoherent people.
There's not enough ambition in that town to run a lemonade stand.
How is putting more alcohol on the table going to bring prosperity.
Booze

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Whatz up ? Cuz....

Prohibition didnt work , just ask Al Capone !
Booze

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Yall are funny wrote:
Spammer
Booze

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Every town needs a licker store ! Lol
Macdonalds

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

the truth in Wingate wrote:
Liquor by the drink passed in Wingate. The ABC store passed in Wingate. Yippie Hurrah! Do you know how many liquor by the drink permits they have issued so far? ONE, that's right ONE. Only one place has bought a license to sell liquor by the drink and the town isn't expecting any other applications any time soon.
Not only is that a disappointment but we now know that an ABC store is going to cost the Wingate taxpayers approximately 1 million to 1.5 million to startup and that's not building a new building. With a small taxbase like Wingate that's a nice chunk of the town budget. Not only that but the state of NC requires that annual profit from all of it's licensees must be $250,000 or more or they will be closed. The proposed ABC store in Wingate may never open!
Why is Lewisville, nc worried about Wingate, N C ? Go mind your own business.. Liquor is flowing baby
Booze

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

The liquor store in wingate is so so so GREAT ! And is creating jobs and revenue !
Unlike wasington , dc ? Hippocrites ... We creatin us some j o b s. down here... Babycakes..... Win win situation ...... Win ... Win .... Win ..... So go tend to Lewisville, Nc and leave Wingate alone !

It takes any business time to get started... With time it is win win . Better than a vacant building collecting dust babycakes, Mr. lewisville, N C
Booze

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Go open up an apple orchard man !
Booze

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Old fluff and Stuff wrote:
When the town grows as a result of being the terminus of the Toll Road there should be restaurants opening up that will want to serve liquor. The town is preparing for it's future.
Whats wrong with that Mr
Booze

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 28, 2013

Were not in business to loose money , who is ?
Yall are funny

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2013

Judged:

Spammer?
Skint

Locust, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Think Booze meant Troll, Y'ALL. But as to your statement about the intellect of Wingate, doesn't Wingate have a collage that takes up the majority of the town? Seems that the intellect of the area would by necessity be higher than most areas around these parts.
Barney

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Taxpayer wrote:
Dont raise my taxes, tax the users ! You want it you pay the tax on product
That's right tax the ones that have to have the liquor.(i'm in favor of a user tax). you ain't gotta have liquor. and if you do you better get ready to pay a little more tax for it. that is simply fair.

don't tax groceries, and gas (fuel) we have to have these to survive and get to our jobs.

tax the hell out of cigarettes and alcohol you don't gotta have these...... right? hell yeah !!!!!!!
Barney

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Make cigarettes $10.00 a pack people will still buy them. get the economy rolling with cigarette and alcohol tax..............hell yeah.........
Barney

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

they actually have a college (spelled correctly) but it is a university now. and the intellect is better in the south than the north always.(i anticipate I'm writing to a yankee- or damn yankee-difference in them is the damn yankee stays).
Anyway getting back to the liquor issue; tax the hell out of liquor/ you ain't gotta have it jack.... make em pay if they wanna drank drank drank,,, get tax money for NC so we and the damn govt want go any more broke than we are alreay (broke asses)
Kabuki

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

I used to spray green paint in Jimmy valiant "boogie woogie mans eyes' remember me???

the great kabuki managed by Gary "playboy" Hart.

History baby.... world wide wrestling.
Kabuki

Monroe, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 18, 2013

Yall are funny wrote:
putting more liquor on the table would generate revenue; and just maybe put your spammer ass to not writing so much BS on this board. You think al capone got rich by selling coca cola ??? jackson brown... what's up with you homeys??????????

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 39 of39
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Matthews Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Matthews People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••