Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#18526 Aug 30, 2012
Went Indy 2 wrote:
<quoted text>I am in agreement with Silver on this on. Mike, you told me to cut my questions of your personal life "down a tad" but I am very inquisative of people(not intrusive-simply being a human). You say you have libraries filled with information on you life. Public libraries or libraries in your home? If that is the case, then maybe you should consider writing a book. I am not be facetious(cuz that's 1909 name). You are obviously a very, very smart man whose (and may I quote you) had and still has quite a life filled with some interesting page-turning stuffI am guessing). I am thinking you've had many good and bad experiences in the past and now reading the aforementioned, your life just might be book-worthy. Hell, you wouldn't need a ghost writer either, but you would HAVE TO HIRE AN EDITOR to scale it all down. People including myself don't like to read a 5000 page best seller(most of your posts are "novelS"). I am being honest as honest can be. I don't particuliarly like guns, but I have one to protect my wife and home and four-legged "eat to live" dogs! You don't have a chance man without a gun. The arrival time with the police can be 5-10 mins and one minute could be one minute too late. Panic buttons are the same as calling 911. A gun--no brainer, especially if you have a bar. HOme invasions are running rampid and getting more violent in our society and we have no chance in hell. Yes,our dogs will warn us AND THEN WHAT?
Clearly you misunderstood what I said. The libraries of information on life(not my life)are of the ones science writes. You ask for an explanation of how I came to be. A full answer would require most all information science has ever written. How I came to be has nothing to do with my life after I came to be. So you confusion is not even founded in logic.

If a gun is a no brainer in a bar, then why is it illegal? I am not going to break the law just because you have a different opinion of the law.
Now a lot of police will turn a blind eye to an owner having a gun,but you are taking your chances to have someone turn a blind eye to the law of the land.

Like I said, in all my life,(and I am not exactly young)I have never heard of a bar I know get robbed and a bartender or anyone shot. I am not saying it has never happened. I am just saying it clearly does not happen often. I fear lightning more than this rare act.

Even if I had a gun and someone robbed me, I am not so sure I would risk a shootout. If I think the guy would leave peacefully, I would rather just lose the cash(which is insured). So I lose nothing.

Imagine if I shot at the bad guy and missed? Imagine if I missed him and hit an innocent bystander? I would lose my business and much more. An innocent would be hurt or killed. His family would lose a member of the family.

I weight the pros and cons. You make your own choices, I will make mine.

“Seek ”

Since: May 12

Houston

#18527 Aug 30, 2012
Ok Mike.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#18528 Aug 30, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
Fact checkers say Paul Ryan blamed Obama for a plant closing that took place before he took office.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Janesville_GM_As...

I think you should get better facts. Clearly, it was a wise business move, if the info on the wikipedia link is correct.

But, since the plant did not actually CLOSE till 2010, what happened to all the stimulus money, which was Obama's answer?

Figured Maddow and all the other nitwits on MSNBC were not telling the entire story.

When did news become entertainment? News should be objective and not subjective.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#18529 Aug 30, 2012
Went Indy 2 wrote:
<quoted text>I am in agreement with Silver on this on. Mike, you told me to cut my questions of your personal life "down a tad" but I am very inquisative of people(not intrusive-simply being a human). You say you have libraries filled with information on you life. Public libraries or libraries in your home? If that is the case, then maybe you should consider writing a book. I am not be facetious(cuz that's 1909 name). You are obviously a very, very smart man whose (and may I quote you) had and still has quite a life filled with some interesting page-turning stuffI am guessing). I am thinking you've had many good and bad experiences in the past and now reading the aforementioned, your life just might be book-worthy. Hell, you wouldn't need a ghost writer either, but you would HAVE TO HIRE AN EDITOR to scale it all down. People including myself don't like to read a 5000 page best seller(most of your posts are "novelS"). I am being honest as honest can be. I don't particuliarly like guns, but I have one to protect my wife and home and four-legged "eat to live" dogs! You don't have a chance man without a gun. The arrival time with the police can be 5-10 mins and one minute could be one minute too late. Panic buttons are the same as calling 911. A gun--no brainer, especially if you have a bar. HOme invasions are running rampid and getting more violent in our society and we have no chance in hell. Yes,our dogs will warn us AND THEN WHAT?
I know of no persons who have been robbed at home and shot by the intruder. None. I am not saying it never happens, I am just saying it is rare. I fear being struck by lightning more.
Studies show if one has a gun in his home, the intruder often takes the gun and turns it on the owner.
But if you feel in danger, I have no problem with you having a gun. Just do not expect me to be like you. Maybe if I had known enemies, I would get a gun. But there is no enemy I have that I know of.

We all take huge risks just driving down the road. There is no such thing as absolute protection.

42,815 people were killed in auto accidents in 2002.

The majority of gun-related deaths in the United States are suicides,[5] with 17,352 (55.6%) of the total 31,224 firearm-related deaths in 2007 due to suicide, while 12,632 (40.5%) were homicide deaths.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#18530 Aug 30, 2012
waco1909 wrote:
Ok Mike.
I forget you have registered. Why do you not always use it? Maybe put a picture up so we can notice the registered Waco. It can be an avatar.
Do you know who painted mine?

Location hidden

#18531 Aug 30, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I know of no persons who have been robbed at home and shot by the intruder. None. I am not saying it never happens, I am just saying it is rare. I fear being struck by lightning more.
Studies show if one has a gun in his home, the intruder often takes the gun and turns it on the owner.
But if you feel in danger, I have no problem with you having a gun. Just do not expect me to be like you. Maybe if I had known enemies, I would get a gun. But there is no enemy I have that I know of.
We all take huge risks just driving down the road. There is no such thing as absolute protection.
42,815 people were killed in auto accidents in 2002.
The majority of gun-related deaths in the United States are suicides,[5] with 17,352 (55.6%) of the total 31,224 firearm-related deaths in 2007 due to suicide, while 12,632 (40.5%) were homicide deaths.
By your reasoning, we should have the Mike Bill outlawing the use of cars? Gun is a tool. I can load my guns and leave them sit on my desk and that gun will sit there till you pick it up and use it in illicit manner.

People kill people. Gun is the tool.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#18532 Aug 30, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you should get better facts. Clearly, it was a wise business move, if the info on the wikipedia link is correct.
But, since the plant did not actually CLOSE till 2010, what happened to all the stimulus money, which was Obama's answer?
Figured Maddow and all the other nitwits on MSNBC were not telling the entire story.
When did news become entertainment? News should be objective and not subjective.
The site says in 09. I looked deeper and it looks like the last day of production was in April 09. The plant made plans to close in 08. Obama took office February 26, 09. So Obama was in office for a month or so of their last days of production. Not in time to do anything to stop the actions in place of the closing.
Not sure where you see 2010?
Not sure what Ryan expected Obama to do about it? Not sure why Ryan did nothing about it? Not sure a Romney Ryan administration would have stopped the closing.

“Seek ”

Houston

#18533 Aug 30, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I forget you have registered. Why do you not always use it? Maybe put a picture up so we can notice the registered Waco. It can be an avatar.
Do you know who painted mine?
Not really.BUT maybe I will.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#18534 Aug 30, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
By your reasoning, we should have the Mike Bill outlawing the use of cars? Gun is a tool. I can load my guns and leave them sit on my desk and that gun will sit there till you pick it up and use it in illicit manner.
I said absolutely nothing about outlawing any guns.In fact I said the opposite. I said if you chose to have one, go ahead. But of course you never seem to argue what I actually say.
Try to argue what I claim, not what Rush Limbaugh tells you all liberals think.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#18535 Aug 30, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
"Until I pick up your gun? That is part of the problem. Often guns are picked up by others and used on the owner. How ironic to die by your own gun?
Statistics show almost half of gun deaths are suicide anyway. Just makes it all to easy if you ask me.
A frustrating day a work and a gun on your desk is not conducive to good outcomes. One may shoot his boss, himself, a customer, or all of the above.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#18536 Aug 30, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
News became entertainment when it was ruled by capitalism. Capitalism gives you what sells and what sells only. Fair and balanced.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#18537 Aug 30, 2012
Paul Ryan says Mitt will lead by example. But ironically he lead a health care bill just like Obama's and now he wants to stop it.
Flip flop.
Went Indy 2

Gastonia, NC

#18539 Aug 30, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
I did and responded with a response.
That's a very ambiguous "answer". So may we(mostly I) get an answer from you Silver or not? I'll hop on the bandwagon--zero substance. We know you responded with a response, BUT THAT IS NOT DEFINED AS AN ANSWER. That is your motto on your moniker--is it not? I would like a legitimate answer not a response to a question. Is an answer the same or similiar to a response?(For you again Mike).

“Seek ”

Houston

#18540 Aug 30, 2012
On another note...I think the president should run every six years..not four.Same term limits.

“Seek ”

Houston

#18541 Aug 30, 2012
Who do you look to for moral guidance.....Indy....
waco1954 Waco 1909

United States

#18542 Aug 30, 2012
You have a person who says he is a racist.This is an unusual statement these days....in which the word ######can't even be printed out...much less spoken.I guarantee you this friends.If you should run afoul of the law.....wind up a few miles away from me in the prison city of Huntsville...you will learn to be at the very least a segregationist...because in Texas prisons the inmates aggressively segregate themselves...that's a fact of prison life.Whether you believe it or not....there is some racism in everyone.We haven't reached Utopia yet.I'm pretty well not a racist.But I have my moments.I've spent most of my life in the presence of blacks and Latinos.Mostly....the differences in people are not racial but financial.I feel comfortable in the presence of other races.I NEVER feel comfortable in the presence of wealthy people.Black, white or brown or yellow.WEALTH is the great Separator.
waco1954 Waco 1909

United States

#18543 Aug 30, 2012
That's separator.

Location hidden

#18544 Aug 30, 2012
Went Indy 2 wrote:
<quoted text>That's a very ambiguous "answer". So may we(mostly I) get an answer from you Silver or not? I'll hop on the bandwagon--zero substance. We know you responded with a response, BUT THAT IS NOT DEFINED AS AN ANSWER. That is your motto on your moniker--is it not? I would like a legitimate answer not a response to a question. Is an answer the same or similiar to a response?(For you again Mike).
For the second time...

Arnold-Ziffel wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't blame you , Silver. If I were you with your racist views trying to use the Bible as a source, I wouldn't want to answer this question either. Do you think that Jesus was promoting hatred and inferior treatment against himself and others, or was he encouraging the need for kindness, tolerance, and equal treatment? Which one would you say?
I forgot to address it, my apologies. God, once said, for believers to not mix with non believers too. One could, for sake of arguemet, stipulate, this is a form of bigotry and racism.

However, Jesus, Gods only son, lived and died for our sins and transgressions. Having said that, I do believe in God and I have own relationship with God as well as what my wife and I share. I do believe my sins are washed away at confession and I am given a clean slate.

Now that I have answered ya'lls, answer mine. If you woke in the middle of the night to find pedophile getting ready to attempt to rape your grandchild, would you kill him to defend you grandchild AZ or allow him to commence?

Again, I speak only for myself and not the entire Republican party. I witness, time and time again, good men being passed over for promotions so the department could meet affirmative action quota's. There is absolutely no good that can come from intergration and values and moralities of races are different from race to race.

Location hidden

#18545 Aug 30, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>You mean white republicans do not steal and rob?
You have a warped perspective of reality. Common among racists. I would say it is the heart and soul of racism.
No more wrong than yours sympathizer. The heart and soul of what is wrong with democrats. Not everyone can win Mike.

Location hidden

#18546 Aug 30, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, I stand corrected. Plant is not actually closed. It is idle or production.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matthews Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pat the Rat on Megyn Kelly 15 hr Bat and ball man 1
Biogel Injections (Feb '10) Fri Vvvv 171
Are All Yankee's Jerks or do the just ACT that ... (Jul '09) Apr 28 luvnut 295
Should the Charlotte Hornets use the old logo? Apr 28 Tranny Anne 4
Long Lost Friend, Nathan Tiller... Looking for ... Apr 27 xrastaxmamaxmandax 1
Why Preachers Push Cruz NOT Trump Apr 24 Pretty In Pink 15
News Charlotte-area fire departments hurting for vol... Apr 3 hey 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Matthews Mortgages