Allen

Penrose, NC

#39281 Mar 29, 2013
TSF wrote:
Republikans are always shocked to discover that whites get more welfare checks than blacks. The actual reason is that there are almost 5 times more whites in the USA than blacks.
The part of this article that I disagree with is the claim that social security is welfare. Social security is fully funded by the recipients of social security by every worker having to send in 14% of their pay into the system (7% from the worker & 7% by the employer). The only welfare from this system has been the federal goverment stealing from the "lock box" and replacing the money with IOU s. So now that the "lock box" is empty and the federal government owes the box trillions of dollars, now suddenly it is refered to as an entitlement.
<quoted text>
I agree and I am with you. Social Security is not an entitlement.
TSF

Clayton, NC

#39282 Mar 29, 2013
Republikans in the NC legislature are setting up republikan charter schools where the teachers need not be qualified and the party of stupid 's children take the "What color is the red barn" end of grade test instead of the core curriculum tests given by other public schools. This is the only way the party of stupid can demonstrate that their own stupid children are making higher grades.
TSF

Clayton, NC

#39283 Mar 29, 2013
There are serious problems with these figures:

So food stamps are not welfare?
There are over 300 million people in the USA. 4% on welfare would be 12, million not 4.3 million.
Just today, I heard on NPR radio that a total of 225 billion dollars is spent annually on welfare in the USA.

Everythinbg is so out of control that I don't think anyone has the correct numbers.
Real emlu wrote:
Welfare Statistics
Total number of Americans on welfare 4,300,000
Total number of Americans on food stamps 46,700,000
Total number of Americans on unemployment insurance 5,600,000
Percent of the US population on welfare 4.1 %
Total government spending on welfare annually (not including food stamps or unemployment)$131.9 billion
Statistic Verification
Source: US Department of Health and Human Services, U.S. Department of Commerce, CATO Institute
Date Verified: 10.15.2012
Welfare is the organized public or private social services for the assistance of disadvantaged groups. Aid could include general Welfare payments, health care through Medicaid, food stamps, special payments for pregnant women and young mothers, and federal and state housing benefits. The Welfare system in the United States began in the 1930s, during the Great Depression. Opponents of Welfare argue that it affects work incentives.

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#39284 Mar 29, 2013
TSF wrote:
Republikans in the NC legislature are setting up republikan charter schools where the teachers need not be qualified and the party of stupid 's children take the "What color is the red barn" end of grade test instead of the core curriculum tests given by other public schools. This is the only way the party of stupid can demonstrate that their own stupid children are making higher grades.
If you hate North Carolina you can always move.
NASSI

Lenoir, NC

#39285 Mar 29, 2013
Allen wrote:
<quoted text>
You might want to cool it with the "n" word there nancy boy. Yea, you belong to the "party of stupid". Angry, racist, violent and too stupid to see that you are out numbered:)
Hey, some people use the "n" word when addressing friends, fellow "club" members, it's used in songs all the time, sometimes even by family. So why not use it, don't start getting picky now, it's not an exclusive word. What's the saying about "dish it out, the take it" or something like that?
NASSI

Lenoir, NC

#39286 Mar 29, 2013
TSF wrote:
There are serious problems with these figures:
So food stamps are not welfare?
There are over 300 million people in the USA. 4% on welfare would be 12, million not 4.3 million.
Just today, I heard on NPR radio that a total of 225 billion dollars is spent annually on welfare in the USA.
Everythinbg is so out of control that I don't think anyone has the correct numbers.
<quoted text>
Hardly surprising, we see that in a two-party split, 60-80% of welfare recipients are Democrats, while full time Workers are evenly divided between parties.

You have similar results in this recent NPR-Poll. Among the Long Term Unemployed, 72% of the two-party support goes to Democrats.

It appears that once more common sense is right and the impression left by the New York Times wrong. Indeed, people who live off the government disproportionally support Democrats.http://super-economy .blogspot.com/2012/02/do-welfa re-recipients-mostly-vote.html A little clarity maybe.
TSF

Clayton, NC

#39287 Mar 30, 2013
North Carolina is a wonderful, beautiful state. I love it, but it is badly infected with republikan ignorance as well as a secondary malady of democrat impractibility . My goal is to work to subdue that pestilence by stomping out ignorance when and where I have the opportunity. Some of our fine feather legged friends run from problems. Others try to stay and solve problems.
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
TSF

Clayton, NC

#39288 Mar 30, 2013
It is difficult to attach much significance to figures showing a 20% to 33% error margin. These numbers look like the one that shows 72% of people using percentage statements make up their own numbers.
NASSI wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly surprising, we see that in a two-party split, 60-80% of welfare recipients are Democrats, while full time Workers are evenly divided between parties.
You have similar results in this recent NPR-Poll. Among the Long Term Unemployed, 72% of the two-party support goes to Democrats.
It appears that once more common sense is right and the impression left by the New York Times wrong. Indeed, people who live off the government disproportionally support Democrats.http://super-economy .blogspot.com/2012/02/do-welfa re-recipients-mostly-vote.html A little clarity maybe.
The real real emlu

Lombard, IL

#39289 Mar 30, 2013
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Silver didn't you say you were moving? I don't think that is TSF's point.
The real real emlu

Lombard, IL

#39290 Mar 30, 2013
TSF wrote:
North Carolina is a wonderful, beautiful state. I love it, but it is badly infected with republikan ignorance as well as a secondary malady of democrat impractibility . My goal is to work to subdue that pestilence by stomping out ignorance when and where I have the opportunity. Some of our fine feather legged friends run from problems. Others try to stay and solve problems.
<quoted text>
A big thank you TSF, for stomping out my sweetie waco's ignorance.
The Ignorant

Lenoir, NC

#39291 Mar 30, 2013
The real real emlu wrote:
<quoted text>
A big thank you TSF, for stomping out my sweetie waco's ignorance.
Forgot to say by "taking his place by showing your own". Again, a big thank you.
TSF

Clayton, NC

#39292 Mar 30, 2013
The republikan national committee is spending 10 million dollars to reach out to Asians, Hispanics and Blacks. You kow, to ask them not to vote.
The Ignorant

Lenoir, NC

#39293 Mar 30, 2013
–"Big Cyprus Depositors May Lose 60% of Money They call it a "haircut," but it's more like a scalping now. The Bank of Cyprus might end up taking 60% of the money held by rich depositors—about double previous estimates—reports the Financial Times. As part of the bailout deal, the bank will first take 37.5% from accounts that have more than 100,000 euro, reports AP. But bank officials also reserve the right to grab another 22.5% of the original amount in a second raid. Technically, the money is being converted into bank shares, giving depositors a chance of getting all their cash back, but the chances of that happening aren't so hot."
TSF

Clayton, NC

#39294 Mar 30, 2013
A variation of the same thing (taking) is happening right here in sunny Caldwell through the re valuation process. With surrounding counties going down in valuations (and therefore taxes) due to the reality of actual market sales, Caldwell commissioners decide to go up.
The Ignorant wrote:
–"Big Cyprus Depositors May Lose 60% of Money They call it a "haircut," but it's more like a scalping now. The Bank of Cyprus might end up taking 60% of the money held by rich depositors—about double previous estimates—reports the Financial Times. As part of the bailout deal, the bank will first take 37.5% from accounts that have more than 100,000 euro, reports AP. But bank officials also reserve the right to grab another 22.5% of the original amount in a second raid. Technically, the money is being converted into bank shares, giving depositors a chance of getting all their cash back, but the chances of that happening aren't so hot."

Location hidden

#39295 Mar 30, 2013
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>North Carolina is a wonderful, beautiful state. I love it, but it is badly infected with republikan ignorance as well as a secondary malady of democrat impractibility . My goal is to work to subdue that pestilence by stomping out ignorance when and where I have the opportunity. Some of our fine feather legged friends run from problems. Others try to stay and solve problems.
Solving problems by whining on topix under an anonymous poster. Got it.

Location hidden

#39296 Mar 30, 2013
The real real emlu wrote:
<quoted text>Silver didn't you say you were moving? I don't think that is TSF's point.
We are. Going through our last little bit of back ground checks now.
emlu

Lenoir, NC

#39297 Mar 30, 2013
TSF wrote:
A variation of the same thing (taking) is happening right here in sunny Caldwell through the re valuation process. With surrounding counties going down in valuations (and therefore taxes) due to the reality of actual market sales, Caldwell commissioners decide to go up.
<quoted text>
complaints have gone up a friend complained, asked how they justified the increase and got them to remain the same.
red

Knoxville, TN

#39298 Mar 30, 2013
you folks are crazy.get a life
TSF

Clayton, NC

#39299 Mar 31, 2013
Talk about crazy, watch this:

that 5 bullets for each and ever US citizen
The Ignorant

Lenoir, NC

#39300 Mar 31, 2013
(Newser)– It's a pint-sized tragedy in Germany, where freezing temperatures have claimed their latest victim: An entire flea circus. As the AP reports, flea circus director Robert Birk opened his transport box Wednesday morning, only to find all 300 fleas dead. The mass die-off left Birk scrambling to keep a gig at an open-air fair in western Germany; an insect expert was apparently able to save the day by training 50 fleas for today's opening show. "I hope we'll get through this without any more fatalities," says the fair's organizer.
This is a true story and the sad part is people pay money to watch. One might say: no wonder Europe is broke, where is PETA on insect abuse, here's the best, no dogs allowed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matthews Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Southerners rude in action, but pretend... (Jan '13) 3 hr North Carolina 233
5 year old goes missing at Shamrock Gardens Ele... 8 hr MaryOfConcern 1
Buh Bye All You IBM Employees (Oct '10) 9 hr Tammy 250
Missing child at Shamrock Garden Elementary School 13 hr Debbie 16
Luther and luvnut Celebrate Supreme Court Decision (Jun '13) Sun luvnuts wife Luther 4
luvnut can be a boyscout now (Jun '13) Sun luvnuts wife Luther 3
looking into moving to Indian trail area... Sun prinzie 1
•••
•••
•••

Matthews Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Matthews People Search