of 8
Next Last
Blackcloud

Bessemer City, NC

#161 Jan 6, 2012
Lifer Couch wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you
Like you, I also think Southerners are unwashed, uneducated, amoral, two-faced, dirtbags
I would not go as far as you have, but I do think they are two faced. At least when you encounter someone from outside this area, they have the good taste to tell you what they really think instead of talking behind your back like a coward.

I despise hypocrisy.
NorthernElite

Louisville, KY

#162 Jan 29, 2012
Lifezip, I did not now their was a difference between "there" and " their". The teachers I had in school and there homework never explained that. I will have to look that. Thanks!!

“Just watching the show & LOL..”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#163 Jan 29, 2012
Don't do it. N Carolina is in the twilight zone with no chance of getting out. Stay where you are, go to Texas or out west, but NOT NC. Trust me. The grass is NOT greener in N Carolina; just more moldy, dried up & full of ticks.

“Proud to be Yankee”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#164 Jan 29, 2012
luvnut wrote:
Don't do it. N Carolina is in the twilight zone with no chance of getting out. Stay where you are, go to Texas or out west, but NOT NC. Trust me. The grass is NOT greener in N Carolina; just more moldy, dried up & full of ticks.
Well said! I did it. Biggest mistake of my life, moved back to NY; better life, food, healthcare etc etc etc. So a little snow in the winter, so what...no big deal. Charlotte gets awful cold for a little while in the winter too, and even gets some snow. THEN only the yankees know how to drive in it. There are jobs too, and the pay is at least twice as good as down yonder. SOME of the people are good people but most in NC are dumb hypocrits. I remember on my first day at work down there THREE people came up to me & asked where was I gonna go to church, before they even knew my name. Nothing wrong with church or going to one but I hate hypocrits, especially ones that thump Bibles.
Uncle Beezle

Los Lunas, NM

#165 Feb 7, 2012
luvnut wrote:
Me love ticks
Good cop

United States

#166 Sep 9, 2012
Lance Voss is suspected of KILLINGS in Idaho and now lives in Charlotte and you people are way off this topic....OVER....
ha

Clover, SC

#167 Sep 10, 2012
ha
Don R

Polkville, NC

#168 Sep 10, 2012
Persia- keep your yankees asses in new York, thank you!
Typical Welfare Pigs

Raleigh, NC

#169 Sep 10, 2012
Watch out for the bed bugs if you stay in any Charlotte hotel. You know the Welfarecrats just crapped the whole city.
moe

Brookings, OR

#170 Sep 11, 2012
Justice seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You should just shut up, pull your head out of Voss's @ss and
get lost!
wo this serial killing ......am investigating tooo vwer interesting
just me

Huntersville, NC

#171 Mar 12, 2013
omg..yes he lived in charlotte then moved to mint hill....

“Just watching the show & LOL..”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#172 Mar 13, 2013
Sick of NY state wrote:
I am considering moving to Charlotte for better job opportunity and to be closer to family who live there. Yes, I am an Upstate NYer who is tired of the long depressing winters, and poor economy.
I have been to charlotte several times to visit family and like the area. Am i making a big mistake, or is there some good to come of this? I am not an arrogant ny city type who doesnt like the south or any of the other insulting comments i have read on this topix site. I am just looking for some feedback , no insults, just some good advice please. Not here to bash the south, or bash the people of Charlotte at all. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks. Hope to make charlotte my new home and have positive results....
Didja see the news today about what JUST happened in Herkimer NY???

http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/new_york/ap_new_...

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#173 Mar 14, 2013
Depending on your income, there are lots of choices. Based on your being from upsatate, I assume you want the suburban environment. I would suggest Rock Hill or Fort Mill, SC. Many people who work for Ross Distribution, Black and Decker, Wells Fargo, and Microsoft live in those areas. If you want to spend a little more money and still stay in the suburbs, ther is Union County (Marvin, Weddington, Indian Trail, and Matthews).

The nicer areas within the city are called Pineville, Dillworth, South Park, and Ballantyne. There may be more, but I am not as aware of the city as I should.

Good luck on your move.

Since: Apr 13

Chicago, IL

#174 Apr 28, 2013
I Hate Syracuse wrote:
Depending on your income, there are lots of choices. there is Union County (Marvin, Weddington, Indian Trail, and Matthews).
The nicer areas within the city are called Pineville, Dillworth, South Park, and Ballantyne. There may be more, but I am not as aware of the city as I should.
Good luck on your move.
Many good suggestions there. We lived in the Marvin area and really liked it. If this job does not pan out we may go back to Carolina.

“Vote Republican”

Since: Aug 08

Wyandanch, NY

#175 Apr 28, 2013
mod ern watch wrote:
<quoted text>
Many good suggestions there. We lived in the Marvin area and really liked it. If this job does not pan out we may go back to Carolina.
Marvin is a very desirable place for many. It does not tickle my fancy. But, I understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matthews Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pray for Emily 15 hr Psalm 107 19 21 1
Are All Yankee's Jerks or do the just ACT that ... (Jul '09) 17 hr Beth 308
News Charlotte city council members meet with commun... Thu charlottecitizen99 1
Charlotte City Council & Attorneys keep lying t... Thu charlottecitizen99 5
News N.C. Hit With Lawsuit Over Anti-LGBT Law Thu Dude 23
News Here's what solid-wall bridges planned for Md.'... Thu CharlottePro 1
News EMSL Charlotte Laboratory Receives North Caroli... Thu CharlottePro 1

Matthews Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Matthews Mortgages