Man charged with raping child

Man charged with raping child

There are 20 comments on the Enquirer-Journal story from Oct 28, 2009, titled Man charged with raping child. In it, Enquirer-Journal reports that:

A former church deacon has been charged with raping a girl under 13 years old. Robert Gibson Warrick, 52, of 12895-222 E. Independence Blvd.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Enquirer-Journal.

Darryl Edwards

Matthews, NC

#1 Oct 29, 2009
i think this is the worst type of travesty people of God abusing children we are the ones that the kids go to when they have no one else, for this to occur is not only morally wrong but spiritually, how can you call yourself a man of God and sexually abuse a child i hope this is one time where it is a misunderstanding and did not really occur, but if it did it is not man,s judgement that should worry him, but the lords
UCPS Employee

Auburndale, FL

#2 Oct 29, 2009
Unlike UCPS remarked - He has been an employee of UCPS, at least up to 8-09!!!!!!!! Why are they saying that it has been several years??????????
shutterfly

Charlotte, NC

#3 Oct 30, 2009
Lord we pray for all suffering that is taking place in this world.
mac

Inman, SC

#4 Nov 1, 2009
It is heartbreaking. Bring back the chair and I will pull the switch for free.
wGIG45

Charlotte, NC

#5 Nov 1, 2009
wHAT EXACTLY IS A DEACON OF A CHURCH?
Chase

Stanfield, NC

#6 Nov 2, 2009
Deacons in the baptist church are like the church elders, typically well respected, and voted on by the church members. Apparently they got it wrong with this guy. I cringe to think of the child he allegedly did this to, and if it took place in the church or school.
its just me

Concord, NC

#7 Nov 9, 2009
mac wrote:
It is heartbreaking. Bring back the chair and I will pull the switch for free.
ya well i know these people personally so how bout you watch wat you say on the internet. im sure there are plenty of people who want to pull the cord on ur chair. so just keep those kinda comments to your self. ya what he did was wrong ...very wrong..that doesnt mean you need to scoop to the same level and say things like that.
Mike Williams

Indian Trail, NC

#8 Jul 25, 2010
Well I know the person who did this, and the kid he did this to. It was his own family member, and if he does not do time for what he did, I will take matters in my own hands. More know because he is back in another church and he has not told them about what he did. So Robert you better watch your ass, I know that you are now living in your ex wifes house.
Dennis Gay

Charlotte, NC

#9 Jun 27, 2012
Well he got convicted and he is in prison now. Very sad situation all the way around.
Darlene

Mooresville, NC

#10 Jun 28, 2012
Dennis Gay wrote:
Well he got convicted and he is in prison now. Very sad situation all the way around.
He deserves this prison term!! I know what he did to me as well. I am still having difficulties after 3 years or more has passed. The justice system works. AMEN
SICK

United States

#11 Jul 2, 2012
PUT IT ON THE CHOPPING BLOCK !! Cut it off !!
yup

United States

#12 Jul 2, 2012
he dont deserve to breath
Abuse survivor

Albemarle, NC

#13 Jul 2, 2012
Does anyone know how much time he got?
darlene

Matthews, NC

#14 Jul 7, 2012
no but would like to know as well.
Abuse survivor

Albemarle, NC

#15 Aug 15, 2012
3 years
daughter Abbey

Gastonia, NC

#18 Feb 11, 2015
Darryl Edwards wrote:
i think this is the worst type of travesty people of God abusing children we are the ones that the kids go to when they have no one else, for this to occur is not only morally wrong but spiritually, how can you call yourself a man of God and sexually abuse a child i hope this is one time where it is a misunderstanding and did not really occur, but if it did it is not man,s judgement that should worry him, but the lords
Hi I am the girl he did this to. His daughter Abbey. I was deff not a misscomunication issue as it happened for years. And yes he did work for the school system.
daughter Abbey

Gastonia, NC

#19 Feb 11, 2015
its just me wrote:
<quoted text>
ya well i know these people personally so how bout you watch wat you say on the internet. im sure there are plenty of people who want to pull the cord on ur chair. so just keep those kinda comments to your self. ya what he did was wrong ...very wrong..that doesnt mean you need to scoop to the same level and say things like that.
I'm the victim. Give me the cord I'll do it.
daughter Abbey

Gastonia, NC

#20 Feb 11, 2015
Darlene wrote:
<quoted text>He deserves this prison term!! I know what he did to me as well. I am still having difficulties after 3 years or more has passed. The justice system works. AMEN
they will never understand.
Metsgirl

Maryville, TN

#21 Jan 27, 2016
Darlene wrote:
<quoted text>He deserves this prison term!! I know what he did to me as well. I am still having difficulties after 3 years or more has passed. The justice system works. AMEN
I am trying to get in touch with Abby from this post and Darlene. Please reply. It is very important!
tommy

Charlotte, NC

#22 Mar 18, 2016
Just found out today that i had worked with this guy at Plastex Fabricators of charlotte. I have lost so much respect for the owner of this company. They did not tell any of the employees in the company. He still works there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matthews Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Page Braswell 2 hr wtf 3
Jeffrey Husta - Looking For You - Fort Mills (Aug '16) 21 hr Tonytonytone 7
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) Wed Local Yokel 4,965
Nature Boy Tue Ipso 2
Where the boy at in Charlotte ? (Dec '15) Aug 14 Tmac 77
What the hell is wrong with blacks in charlotte? Aug 14 American 13
Do Black Women Date Interracially Here? (May '11) Aug 13 Charles In Charge 28

Matthews Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Matthews Mortgages