Undecided Voters Please Read This and Vote

Posted in the Matthews Forum

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Nov 5, 2012
Moderate Independent

Gastonia, NC

#1 Nov 5, 2012
If you are still undecided that's fine, but Tuesday Nov 6th is your last day to exercise your right to vote. Please make up your mind and vote, because many people would die for this privilege so do not waste it on being undecided. I too was undecided, liking many things about each candidate, but here are three major points that helped me decide.

1. Very little has been accomplished in the last 4 years and I don't see why that would suddenly change if Obama was re-elected? He has not been an effective leader in DC, he has not reached across the isle and he has had very little success other than passing Obama Care, which isn't helping our economy. I am pretty sure if Obama is re-elected you would see 4 of the most liberal years in our history in DC with nothing getting accomplished but a bunch of arguing over gay marriage. These social issues can not continue to trump the real issues crippling our nation, such as jobs and the economy. Can we afford 4 more years of this?

2. Presidents shouldn't be picked on the basis of "who would your rather watch your children? or who would you rather have dinner with? Of course Obama wins those polls, but I would not let some of the best presidents in history, like George Washington, watch my kids. The bottom line: this isn't a popularity contest, this isn't President of the Senior Class in High School. On that basis alone, Obama is obviously the wrong choice for President. You have to choose the best man for the job, not the most likable.

3. Obama has neglected the office of President. 3 days after Sandy hits, people are starving and freezing and he is in Las Vegas right back on the campaign trial as if nothing happened. He should have been visiting FEMA and finding out why the generators haven't been delivered, he should have been calling the President of BP and finding out why gas hasn't been delivered, he should have been doing a bunch of things but he failed to do those because the election is more important to him than people are. Had he done these things he would have won millions more votes, but then again this guy has spent most this year fund raising, not being a President in charge and on duty. Did you know he hasn't had a cabinet meeting in over a year? He quite simply isn't doing a good job for the American people and we do deserve better than this and you might agree if Sandy had hit NC instead of NJ. Obama reminds me of those folks who have lots of books smarts, but no common sense. I'm pretty sure you or I would have done a better job than he has handling this latest natural disaster and I don't want to think about the response to it if this were not an election year. Bottom line, it's time to give a new guy a chance at this, it certainly can't be any worse than this.

Okay, If your still undecided, you should still go VOTE.

Here's to hoping every little thing is going to be okay!
Full Monty

Forest Park, GA

#2 Nov 5, 2012
Moderate Independent wrote:
If you are still undecided that's fine, but Tuesday Nov 6th is your last day to exercise your right to vote. Please make up your mind and vote, because many people would die for this privilege so do not waste it on being undecided. I too was undecided, liking many things about each candidate, but here are three major points that helped me decide.
1. Very little has been accomplished in the last 4 years and I don't see why that would suddenly change if Obama was re-elected? He has not been an effective leader in DC, he has not reached across the isle and he has had very little success other than passing Obama Care, which isn't helping our economy. I am pretty sure if Obama is re-elected you would see 4 of the most liberal years in our history in DC with nothing getting accomplished but a bunch of arguing over gay marriage. These social issues can not continue to trump the real issues crippling our nation, such as jobs and the economy. Can we afford 4 more years of this?
2. Presidents shouldn't be picked on the basis of "who would your rather watch your children? or who would you rather have dinner with? Of course Obama wins those polls, but I would not let some of the best presidents in history, like George Washington, watch my kids. The bottom line: this isn't a popularity contest, this isn't President of the Senior Class in High School. On that basis alone, Obama is obviously the wrong choice for President. You have to choose the best man for the job, not the most likable.
3. Obama has neglected the office of President. 3 days after Sandy hits, people are starving and freezing and he is in Las Vegas right back on the campaign trial as if nothing happened. He should have been visiting FEMA and finding out why the generators haven't been delivered, he should have been calling the President of BP and finding out why gas hasn't been delivered, he should have been doing a bunch of things but he failed to do those because the election is more important to him than people are. Had he done these things he would have won millions more votes, but then again this guy has spent most this year fund raising, not being a President in charge and on duty. Did you know he hasn't had a cabinet meeting in over a year? He quite simply isn't doing a good job for the American people and we do deserve better than this and you might agree if Sandy had hit NC instead of NJ. Obama reminds me of those folks who have lots of books smarts, but no common sense. I'm pretty sure you or I would have done a better job than he has handling this latest natural disaster and I don't want to think about the response to it if this were not an election year. Bottom line, it's time to give a new guy a chance at this, it certainly can't be any worse than this.
Okay, If your still undecided, you should still go VOTE.
Here's to hoping every little thing is going to be okay!
The incumbent did not hit many home runs...but a lot of base hits. Look at the place he started and more importantly the help that Mitch McConnell and Harry Reid provided.(60 Minutes Sunday Nov 4th) Now looking at the challenger he has never stayed with any position to long. His budget plan does not add up but in concept if the math would prove out it has merit. Neither candidate is a clear winner or can be expected to deliver on all the promises but so its more about direct experience vs simple change.
ricky

Campbellsville, KY

#4 Nov 5, 2012
sdsds

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matthews Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 6 hr TSF 58,871
hCG Weight Loss Doctors in Charlotte, NC 13 hr Jamie27 2
scat 18 hr deandrehayes1 1
Belmont man's art exhibit captures mill era's d... 20 hr Belmont Resident 2
Bloggers Thu apharmtech 1
AWESOME! This black minister has made a campaig... Thu insiderpaul 1
Review: Oxbridge Law Firm The (Sep '13) Wed james appiah 3
•••
•••
•••