|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2012

jeffro wrote:
Boo hoo
He is a high profile lawyer and he couldn't do better?

Well look at this Sh@@@@@
Man charged with death by vehicle, involuntary manslaughter after fatal Matthews wreck

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/12/29/3...

George didn't do S@@@./
pfffff

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

photo

CHARLOTTE, N.C.—
The transcript of an interview Charlotte-Mecklenburg police had several months ago with the teen who pled no contest to second-degree murder charges earlier this week has been released.

Brock Franklin, 18, was sentenced to at least 12 years in prison for causing the wrong-way crash that killed two people in February. Officers say he was drunk at the time.

In the very detailed 51-page report from the interview, which took place nearly three months after the crash, Franklin explains exactly what he drank that night at an underage drinking party. In front of Alcohol Law Enforcement agents, Franklin’s attorney and a representative from the district attorney’s office, Franklin said he consumed several highly potent beers.

He says he drank two Steel Reserve 211 beers, which have higher alcohol content than regular beer, and two 211 Blacks, with just over 8 percent alcohol by volume. The beers are 24 ounces, making them the equivalent of four regular beers.

Franklin says he then drank two regular 12-ounce beers, with a little more than 6 percent alcohol.

By his guess, those six beers were drinking 11 regular beers. He says he stopped drinking, and doesn’t know what happened after 11:15 p.m. on Feb. 18. Franklin says he blacked out, but could still walk and talk.

Franklin says someone told him that another person at the party spiked his drink with a drug, and that he never allows anyone to bring alcohol into his Jeep.

After the crash, officers found beer cans in the vehicle. Friends also told police they tried to stop him from driving that night.

all of this is a lie.
look up your bac chart idiots. ll beers in two hours are you kidding me.
there were no beers at all in the vehicle. ask the civil attorney
idiots how stupid people can be
this young man was used by marsha goodenow and his own lawyer george laughrun
pfffff

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

brock franklin had a traumatic brain injury
he said what he was told to say
if anyone believes the crap on that transcript and that he was actually able to drive after that then welcome to the idiot world
he was used as an example for the community so says marsha goodenow
george laughrun under oath said he saw no need in investigating the truth.
pfffff

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

and if you really think the state highway patrol could smell alcohol on him as he was walking by franklin that was drenched in gasoline then welcome to the idiot world
pfffff

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judge denies request for new Brock Franklin trial -- Attorney says Franklin was drugged
Posted: Sep 16, 2009 10:58 PM EDT Updated: Oct 31, 2009 10:43 PM EDT

Most Viewed Stories
Which drink causes depression: coffee or soda?
Superintendent seeking termination of teacher accused of stomping on American flag in class
US government tells computer users to disable Java
Pedestrian killed while walking along I-85
Denver man charged with sexually assaulting a minor

Most Viewed Videos
RAW: Dog mistaken for lion
Learning to figure skate
Chapin High teacher's flag lesson prompts district investigation, Jennifer Emert reports
Hay fuels major fire that burns down Rowan County barn
Sex trafficking victim shares story

CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV)- Brock Franklin's new lawyer was back in court Wednesday requesting a trial. The judge denied his request. The attorney says he'll appeal the decision.

After Franklin killed two people while driving drunk on February 19, 2006, he became something of Charlotte's poster child for the negative effects of underage drinking.

Franklin was 18 when he drove the wrong way down I-485 and killed 23-year-old Eddel Rivera and 22-year old Richard Bryant. They were engaged. Franklin later blew a .12, well past the legal drinking limit in North Carolina.

Franklin was found guilty of murder two. Murder means you must prove malice.

Today Franklin's new attorney, Charlotte veteran Paul Whitfield, says he filed a motion for appropriate relief because he thinks he can overcome the presumption of malice. A judge denied the motion, saying there wasn't enough convincing evidence.

"Our position is that because he was drugged -- and there seems to be plenty of evidence today that he was drugged by somebody," said Whitfield, "is that he was oblivious and could not possibly have intended to drive into the vehicle. It wasn't malicious intent."

Whitfield went on to say Peter Demas is the person responsible for "drugging" Franklin. He says Demas spiked Franklin's drink. Whitfield claims there's a witness who says Demas confessed to doing so.

Back when the story was breaking, Demas's attorney said Demas did admit to buying the beer he and Franklin took to the party. It has always known Demas was close to what happened that night. The accusations he drugged Franklin are all new.

Only Whitfield says Demas isn't in the country right now to question.

"Two people called yesterday and said he went to Greece," said Demas. "I'm not sure why he left."

You would think if a person is resuscitated 2X and in a coma it would be impossible to blow to get a BAC recording.
Idiots
Everything the media has said about this young man is false.
WOW

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 17, 2013

pfffff wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW: FOR EVERYONES Info:
Georges differences were he would not investigate or talk to any of the people at the party.
He knew of the drugging.
We fought about it a lot.
He said it did not matter.....
I would like to ask any parent. Would it matter to you, if your child was being hunted down, drugged , beaten and left for dead.
I think it would matter.
That's some bad s###t. Laughrun should be disbarred for doing his clients that way.
georgeisanidiotl awyer

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

He is just plain STUPID....,.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 27 of27
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Matthews Discussions

Search the Matthews Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Are Southerners Stupid or do they just sound th... (Oct '08) 6 min Timmy_ 4,820
NC Who do you support for U.S. Senate in North Car... (Oct '10) 2 hr waco1909 54,884
LIEF COACH busted (Feb '13) 18 hr Life Coach 31
Holy Spirit Condemnation!. 21 hr Sammy 1
Belmont cycle shop moves shop Thu Hey 7
I Love Black Women (May '11) Thu Manny 225
Loan shark needed (Jul '09) Thu benson 12
•••
•••
•••
•••

Matthews Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000