Bootheel golf course closing

Posted in the Matthews Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
golfer

United States

#1 Sep 29, 2012
I heard the Bootheel golf course is closing its doors November 1st.
non golfer

Sikeston, MO

#2 Sep 29, 2012
Closing for good? Closing for repairs? Closing to redo the sod? Closing up for winter?
golfer

United States

#3 Sep 29, 2012
Closing for good, Out of business.

United States

#4 Sep 29, 2012
golfer wrote:
I heard the Bootheel golf course is closing its doors November 1st.
yes thats true. i went and played yesterday and they told me they will be closing the doors nov. 1. i heard they have been losing money the last few years.i hope somebody buys it its a nice course.
golfer

United States

#5 Sep 29, 2012
The owner I believe has been trying to sell the place for awhile.
wow

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Sep 29, 2012
That's horrible and sad. Now a lot of ppl won't have a place to play golf! You have to be a member at the country club to play there.
golfer

United States

#7 Sep 29, 2012
The Country club membership is $1500 a year, alot more than what the Bootheel was charging. Guess Bootheel tried to slash prices and put themselves out of business.

O Fallon, MO

#8 Sep 29, 2012
What are they going to do for people that recently purchased memberships for a year?

Sikeston, MO

#9 Sep 29, 2012
They are going to pay you back a pro-rated amount if someone does not take it over
Local

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#10 Sep 30, 2012
Didn't the City put some money into Bootheel or do some sort of bond issue?
well

United States

#11 Sep 30, 2012
Bootheel was so intent on putting the country club out of business that they screwed themselves. When the country club reopened as Fox Haven, they gained back some 200 members (give or take a few) and that basically sealed Bootheels fate. Serves them right, in my opinion. It's one thing to be a competitive business, entirely another to try to undercut the competition to the point that they have to shut their doors. Goodbye and good riddance Bootheel!! Fox Haven has a nicer course anyway!
Knowledge

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Oct 1, 2012
How much are they asking for it?
Well

New Madrid, MO

#13 Oct 1, 2012
well wrote:
Bootheel was so intent on putting the country club out of business that they screwed themselves. When the country club reopened as Fox Haven, they gained back some 200 members (give or take a few) and that basically sealed Bootheels fate. Serves them right, in my opinion. It's one thing to be a competitive business, entirely another to try to undercut the competition to the point that they have to shut their doors. Goodbye and good riddance Bootheel!! Fox Haven has a nicer course anyway!
When the country club reopened? Oh you mean when they went broke and got bought out and opened under a new name? Bootheel never inteneded to put the CC out of business. And they didn't undercut any business. They even raised their prices this past year $100 per member. No, it's not the $1500 a year that the CC charges, but they don't have all the bells and whistles the CC has either. But, for someone who liked to play golf and could care less about the resturant and pool and for sure the CC enviroment.... Bootheeel was perfect. Besides.... what kind of person are you that you are HAPPY that people are going to lose their jobs right before Christmas and that another business is closing in our area???
Heard

New Madrid, MO

#14 Oct 1, 2012
Knowledge wrote:
How much are they asking for it?
I heard they were asking $800K. Don't know if that's true or not.
Knowledge

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Oct 1, 2012
Who do I need to speak to to find out if amount is correct? I inquired several years ago to JK and they wanted 2.1 for it
Local

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#16 Oct 1, 2012
JK...Mr. Personality. If they had employed a competent manager, they wouldn't be going out of business...though I will say, they didn't understand what kind of soil they were purchasing on which to build their course. Black sand does not grow anything without LOTS of water.
Harry Knuckles

Saint Louis, MO

#17 Oct 1, 2012
I heard their going to build a max security prison in its place.
Thomas Williams

Saint Charles, MO

#18 Oct 1, 2012
golfer wrote:
The Country club membership is $1500 a year, alot more than what the Bootheel was charging. Guess Bootheel tried to slash prices and put themselves out of business.
From year one the course has not showed any profit.
The lowering of prices didn't have anything to do with the
closing. The economy is the villian here.
Thomas Williams

Saint Charles, MO

#19 Oct 1, 2012
Guest wrote:
What are they going to do for people that recently purchased memberships for a year?
Each membership will be pro-rated and that member will have a
check mailed out.
visitor

Saint Charles, MO

#20 Oct 1, 2012
well wrote:
Bootheel was so intent on putting the country club out of business that they screwed themselves. When the country club reopened as Fox Haven, they gained back some 200 members (give or take a few) and that basically sealed Bootheels fate. Serves them right, in my opinion. It's one thing to be a competitive business, entirely another to try to undercut the competitio n to the point that they have to shut their doors. Goodbye and good riddance Bootheel!! Fox Haven has a nicer course anyway!
You really must be one simple individual. Fox Haven
is a private golf course. The Bootheel is a public golf course.
How and why would they try to put one snother out of business?
Pull your head out and look around. This is another tax paying business going down and people out of a job as well as people
that only golf ever so often losing a place to play. You really are a sad person.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matthews Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Stephanie hill 36 min guest 2
Shane Grissom works at AEC, Inc 1 hr Been There 8
lacresha adams 1 hr guess 101 1
Reese Rendon 2 hr miranda matthews 10
Black lives matter 3 hr guest 9
Family Support Division Call Center- good or ba... (Oct '12) 3 hr lisa 17
bootheel hvac/smith mechanical 4 hr just saying 5
More from around the web

Matthews People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE