Mattapoisett residents want natural g...

Mattapoisett residents want natural gas lines extended

There are 1 comment on the SouthCoastToday.com story from Jan 10, 2013, titled Mattapoisett residents want natural gas lines extended. In it, SouthCoastToday.com reports that:

In some neighborhoods south of Route 6, high flood waters can make propane and oil tanks float above ground and spill fuel, a resident said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SouthCoastToday.com.

Dave Carson

Mattapoisett, MA

#1 Jan 17, 2013
Rather than install natural gas lines to these areas, have that resident change his appliances to electic. I'm sure if Nstar would consider this installation, they would survey these areas to see how many customers they would hook up. Of course, more than 200 people would have to change oil burners, stoves and whatever other appliances using gas. All this to make one person happy. What a dumb idea. And don't forget what happened when hurricane Sandy hit the coastal areas with underground gas lines. Over 100 houses burned by gas fueled fires. How about installing sewage in these coastal areas instead, so we can preserve Buzzards Bay?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mattapoisett Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tyler Street TDI Fellow wants to enhance alread... Aug 1 cops are degenerates 1
New Bedford Ocean Wind Turbine Port Boondoggle Jul '16 Bob DeLeo 1
News Judge Extends Restraining Order In Immigration ... (Apr '07) Jun '16 Nopal 3
Wind Industry Ties To News Media Uncovered New ... May '16 Bill Carson 1
News Steig - Bedard (Oct '07) May '16 Price is Correct 2
News From the Ground Up: Spring has finally spung - ... May '16 Malinda 1
News Humpback whale spotted off West Island, probabl... May '16 Malinda 1

Mattapoisett Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mattapoisett Mortgages