Mt. Olive Correctional Complex neglec...

Mt. Olive Correctional Complex neglecting infant needs.

Posted in the Matoaka Forum

Annoyed

Bluefield, WV

#1 Sep 26, 2010
My boyfriend and his family took his 2 month old niece to see one of her uncles for the first time in Mt. Olive. The doctor prescribed her a baby formula that her doctor said she had to drink because her stomach is too sensitive to handle anything else. Mt. Olive wouldn't let her mother take in the formula she was prescribed when the mother even agreed she'd put it in a sandwich bag so they could check it if they needed to. They still turned her down, and agreed to let another woman bring in her Fixodent, which isn't PRESCRIBED at all! In their brochure it states that ANY prescription that is prescribed is ALLOWED to be placed in a sandwich bag and into an accessible locker. So how come a PRESCRIBED baby formula wasn't allowed into the complex, when the baby's doctor even said the baby HAS to drink ONLY that formula with of course distilled water like all babies? Babies are defenseless little beings, and neglecting their personal needs and their own personal PRESCRIPTIONS should be a violation of the law in itself NO MATTER WHERE THEY GO OR VISIT! If her mother didn't feed her for that long at her own house, CPS social workers would be on her tail for child neglect, so what's the difference in a jail, prison, correction facility, etc. doing it? Cause in my opinion, there is no difference in how you treat a child with or without a badge. Badges represent serving and protecting. Last time I checked, child neglect is a form of abuse. That's not serving or protecting. That's hurting or possibly killing innocent lives.
Annoyed

Bluefield, WV

#2 Sep 26, 2010
And not only to mention, a woman that worked there tried to force whole milk down the 2 month olds throat because the baby was crying from starving from not having her PRESCRIBED formula from 7-8 a.m. to 4-5 p.m. Child neglect is no different behind the badge than anyone else on the street.
NoOne Important

Ardsley, NY

#3 Mar 16, 2013
Where the hell is this place located, exactly??
Lori

Charleston, WV

#4 Sep 9, 2013
Why take an infant to a prison in the first place?
Just Stupid!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Matoaka Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Take one religion out take them all 2 hr FDG 10
Tolliver 3 hr Honey Boo 1
Does Princeton really have 4 hr wilda 2
Dr. Joni Stepp 5 hr Understand 3
Atheist Thread 6 hr No Strings Attached 35
Fireworks 6 hr Yes 3
All Area Athiest Need To Come Together And Stop... 7 hr GetRealHighonPot 6

Matoaka Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance