VA Senate Panel Again Kills Gun Show Loophole Bill

Full story: NBC29 Charlottesville

A Virginia Senate committee has again killed legislation to close the so-called "gun show loophole." The Courts of Justice Committee voted 11-3 to reject the measure Monday.

Comments (Page 10)

Showing posts 181 - 200 of279
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

In the know wrote:
<quoted text>
"Gun Nut Mentality"? So, you are saying that people who collect guns, instead of anything else are nuts? You sre saying that anybody who participates in the competitive sport of shooting is a nut? You say that anybody who plans to protect his family is a nut? Funny thing is that all men might be created equal, however, in the real world some people are older, weaker and not as strong as others and they need to feel secure, also. Being a retired police officer and having seen how some older people lived their last years in fear because their neighborhood and they were trapped in a house they could not afford to leave, I made the concious decision to be ready to protect me and mine.
Remember. when crime is seconds from happening the police are only minutes away.
slow acting cops are no help in a 9-11 situation. just recently cops were filmed not responding to 9-11 calls. they sat at lunch even with a supervisor....and the other cop was making out with his girlfriend and ignoring emergency calls. don't give me that crap about not all cops do that...they do more than you think when someone is not looking.

Since: Aug 10

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't care who you are....killing someone justifiably or not will drive one into depression or some other kind of emoitonal/mental disorder. why spend the rest of your life regretting that fateful choice. theres nothing like peace of mind for the long haul.
I'll give you one example, though there are MANY.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/woman-hi...

I will give you this: if you take another human life, there is bound to be some psychological damage associated with that if you are a decent person with a normal conscience....however, given this situation, do you think she regrets her actions (even if he ended up dying)? How could she? If her course of action had of been different she could have been raped or killed, her children kidnapped, murdered etc etc

There are two possibilities really...either he was searching through the house for valuables to steal, or he was actively looking for inhabitants: a woman and two young children. Should she have asked him what his intentions were before opening fire? If more criminals feared crawling out of a house with 5 bullet holes BEGGING the police to take them to the hospital instead of fearing a 6 month stint in jail, maybe there would be less of these idiots taking the chance....
Boodreau

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Eternity325 wrote:
<quoted text>
So what you're saying is that preparing for something that is possible, but not likely, is living "in a world of paranoia and fear"? I ask you....do you pay for insurance of any type??
And you're saying that you'd rather not even TRY to defend yourself (and your family) at all if something horrible DID happen because "if someone had a bead on your arse its over"? If the odds were a million to one that I could save myself or my family in the event of a violent break-in (or other).........I'd still TRY. You call me paranoid and afraid....I call you unprepared and spineless.
I don't mean that to be an insult......I just see it as fact because you choose to put your head in the sand and then accuse everyone else of being the nut.
I know you don't mean that to be an insult but be prepared. Sez you will not respond in an intelligent way. As usual he will call you a gun nut and go into his normal spew. Read his comment when asked directly what he would do if someone breaks into his home since he does not trust the police and thinks guns are evil. I guess he is going to lecture them about how their use of a gun reflects on their manhood.
Boodreau

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't care who you are....killing someone justifiably or not will drive one into depression or some other kind of emoitonal/mental disorder. why spend the rest of your life regretting that fateful choice. theres nothing like peace of mind for the long haul.
Hammer i agree that the emotional choice of having to take someone's life would be hard to deal with. But please tell me you would want to defend yourself if someone wanted to hurt you and your family. I agree with you that cops don't respond fast. You are what stands between yourself and your family being victims.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Eternity325 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll give you one example, though there are MANY.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/woman-hi...
I will give you this: if you take another human life, there is bound to be some psychological damage associated with that if you are a decent person with a normal conscience....however, given this situation, do you think she regrets her actions (even if he ended up dying)? How could she? If her course of action had of been different she could have been raped or killed, her children kidnapped, murdered etc etc
There are two possibilities really...either he was searching through the house for valuables to steal, or he was actively looking for inhabitants: a woman and two young children. Should she have asked him what his intentions were before opening fire? If more criminals feared crawling out of a house with 5 bullet holes BEGGING the police to take them to the hospital instead of fearing a 6 month stint in jail, maybe there would be less of these idiots taking the chance....
the other alternative would be to move to a safer neighborhood where crime is almost non-existent.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Boodreau wrote:
<quoted text>Hammer i agree that the emotional choice of having to take someone's life would be hard to deal with. But please tell me you would want to defend yourself if someone wanted to hurt you and your family. I agree with you that cops don't respond fast. You are what stands between yourself and your family being victims.
i don't know what i would do....hopefully and prayerfully it'll never happen. i must confess, when i did have a gun i almost shot my next door neighbor b/c he stumbled into my side of the duplex in the middle of the nite...fortunate for him i decided it wasn't worth killing him, so i left out the back door until he figured out he was in the wrong place. thank the Lord for that/
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

Seen the latest stats? 900 hundred innocent people have died in the last seven years in mass shootings in the US. Hope all you gun cowboys are proud. 900, can you count that high?

Since: Feb 10

Midlothian, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

sez you wrote:
Seen the latest stats? 900 hundred innocent people have died in the last seven years in mass shootings in the US. Hope all you gun cowboys are proud. 900, can you count that high?
900 is nothing compared to the number of black homicides over the last 7 years.

Sadly, you are too dumb to learn, too stupid to pity, too big a coward to do anything about it.

Congratulations on being a typical victicrat!
Boodreau

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

sez you wrote:
So how many innocent women and children did you kill as a decorated minion of the military industrial complex in vietnam since you refuse to answer the question what would you do if someone broke into your house since you don't trust the police or the military industrial complex you so proudly served and now think guns are evil. Already know your answer. I'm a gun cowboy who needs a gun because i'm not secure in my manhood.
Boodreau

Waynesboro, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Judged:

new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
i don't know what i would do....hopefully and prayerfully it'll never happen. i must confess, when i did have a gun i almost shot my next door neighbor b/c he stumbled into my side of the duplex in the middle of the nite...fortunate for him i decided it wasn't worth killing him, so i left out the back door until he figured out he was in the wrong place. thank the Lord for that/
I hope and pray the same thing and i would not shoot someone for simply breaking in; however, i would shoot if i felt imminent danger to myself or my family
In the know

Waynesboro, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

new hammer time wrote:
<quoted text>
slow acting cops are no help in a 9-11 situation. just recently cops were filmed not responding to 9-11 calls. they sat at lunch even with a supervisor....and the other cop was making out with his girlfriend and ignoring emergency calls. don't give me that crap about not all cops do that...they do more than you think when someone is not looking.
No problem with you talking about the cop making out with his girlfriend and ignoring emergency calls or the cops eating instead of answering the emergency call. Now just provide the documented proof of same.

For your edification most cops start out wanting to make their community better and be THE ONE who will stop crime. Fact is that many of these honest young people lose that direction when they realize that most of the ones who do the crime and many of the victims will never change, it is a way of life. Many cops who wish to stay around end up arresting the children and grandchildren of the original people that they once arrested.
In the know

Hattiesburg, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

This might be some sort of a record, we are 208 post long in this thread about "A Gun Show Loophole" and nobody can point out any Loophole that is actually involved with gun shows. What we are talking about are private sales of guns being done between two or more people, no different than posting a gun for sale at anyone of the local places that you can post for sale notices. The Gun Show does not play a part in this sale, does not benefit from this sale, nor does any of it's vendors benefit from these sales. I say there is NO gun show loophole!
hitem

Rustburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

sez you wrote:
Not as proud as the thousands of drone killings of innocent people by obaaaaama or mexicos over 50,000 last year with Eric Holders FAST N FURIOUS HELP, YEY BABY!!!
You just cant let go of most of those deaths were due to gangs and illegal aliens-probably got there guns from fact= Eric Holder sold guns to inner city gangs right here in good ol USA but hey main stream wont tell you that.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

Boodreau wrote:
<quoted text>So how many innocent women and children did you kill as a decorated minion of the military industrial complex in vietnam since you refuse to answer the question what would you do if someone broke into your house since you don't trust the police or the military industrial complex you so proudly served and now think guns are evil. Already know your answer. I'm a gun cowboy who needs a gun because i'm not secure in my manhood.
Thats a good start, self realization is good, I can recomend a good therapist for true recovery.
VN Vet

Hopewell, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

We have the most criminal dictator and cronies in power here in DC. Hitler and Stalin would be envious of how Obama and Co. have hoodwinked the doofus fools of the USA. Sad, just so sad.
sez you

Charlottesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

VN Vet wrote:
We have the most criminal dictator and cronies in power here in DC. Hitler and Stalin would be envious of how Obama and Co. have hoodwinked the doofus fools of the USA. Sad, just so sad.
Mostly true, but you don't need to be a dictator when congress willingly spends us to oblivian at the instruction of their bosses, corperations. As for the doofus fools? can't argue that.
In the Know

Natchez, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

sez you wrote:
<quoted text>Mostly true, but you don't need to be a dictator when congress willingly spends us to oblivian at the instruction of their bosses, corperations. As for the doofus fools? can't argue that.
Since when could the Congress spend us to oblivian without the president signing the bill?
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

va_tazdad wrote:
<quoted text>
900 is nothing compared to the number of black homicides over the last 7 years.
Sadly, you are too dumb to learn, too stupid to pity, too big a coward to do anything about it.
Congratulations on being a typical victicrat!
we're not even going there with b on b killings. he said mass murderers, which means its done by one person that is usually deranged.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

In the know wrote:
<quoted text>
No problem with you talking about the cop making out with his girlfriend and ignoring emergency calls or the cops eating instead of answering the emergency call. Now just provide the documented proof of same.
For your edification most cops start out wanting to make their community better and be THE ONE who will stop crime. Fact is that many of these honest young people lose that direction when they realize that most of the ones who do the crime and many of the victims will never change, it is a way of life. Many cops who wish to stay around end up arresting the children and grandchildren of the original people that they once arrested.
i don't post documents as such....this was widely viewed on one of the major networks via Huffington Post. cops don't give a rats azz about protecting the citizenry....its about getting that fat check on payday.
they spend more time issuing traffic tickets than anything else. at least they get to go to court for traffic offenses and avoidably not risk their necks on real crime.
new hammer time

Richmond, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2013

Judged:

In the know wrote:
This might be some sort of a record, we are 208 post long in this thread about "A Gun Show Loophole" and nobody can point out any Loophole that is actually involved with gun shows. What we are talking about are private sales of guns being done between two or more people, no different than posting a gun for sale at anyone of the local places that you can post for sale notices. The Gun Show does not play a part in this sale, does not benefit from this sale, nor does any of it's vendors benefit from these sales. I say there is NO gun show loophole!
so, the question needs to asked of those private sellers..why the hell do the same private sellers show up at the gun shows with more weapons to sell. can't they sell else where besides the gun shows? we're going to get their azzes one day.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 181 - 200 of279
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Matoaca Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Matoaca Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••