mathis ad/hd fb applicants

Posted in the Mathis Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hip hop king

Laredo, TX

#1 Feb 25, 2009
any thoughts on who would be the best fit for the job?

San Antonio, TX

#2 Feb 26, 2009
who are they, and where are they posted?

Corpus Christi, TX

#3 Feb 26, 2009
They are posted in the Mathis News.

Floresville, TX

#4 Feb 26, 2009
So who are the candidates?

San Antonio, TX

#5 Feb 26, 2009
hey where are they posted on the Mathis News
Idea Here

Sinton, TX

#6 Mar 3, 2009
They were published in the Mathis News paper that came out on Feb. 25th
There seems to be alot that want the job and some from big schools.
Maybe it might be a good idea to the let the students that are in athletics and their parents meet and hear what the new candidates have to offer at a school board meeting.
I think it's a good idea
anyone else?
Mathis parent

Pharr, TX

#7 Mar 3, 2009
I think getting the students and parents heard on this matter is a terrific idea. Surely, they could find someone better qualified than the current interim Ad. Most of the parents did not even know who he was. He's not doing a very good job at keeping the kids best interest at heart. All he's concerned with and trying to do right now, is for his personal trying to get the job as athletic coordinator. He doesn't deserve it, he's not a good coach.
Possible Applicant

San Antonio, TX

#8 Mar 3, 2009
Because the Mathis News is not available online...could anyone name the applicants on here without me having to call the Mathis News and subscibe?

Corpus Christi, TX

#9 Mar 4, 2009
You can't have the students and parents interview each candidate at a school board meeting for a number of reasons. First, there are some pieces of information that are protected by law to remain confidential during the interview and hiring process. Second, can you imagine the time consumed, and lack of efficiency, that would ensue if they did let us talk to each applicant at a school board meeting? Not to mention that a really good applicant might not want to sit through such an ordeal if he, or she, feels confident in their abilities, and they may just withdrawl their name from the pool. What is the opportunity cost we create by taking such a direction? Lastly, no matter how confident we feel in our own better judgement, we are often times clouded by our emotions when we are directly involved in a situation. I believe we should let the process unfold as normal, and if we have problems after a person is selected, we should promptly report those to the administration and to the school board. There is an established process for these things, and I know we all want to be treated the same as anyone else; we should afford those same opportunities to the pool of current applicants; don't treat them differently than you would a regular teacher, or administrator, or yourself.
Idea Here

United States

#10 Mar 4, 2009
Thank You Mathis Parent!

Realist: You misunderstood what I was saying. I am not talking about personally interviewing the candidates. You were right That would be ridiculous.
What would be so hard to have them show up at a school board meeting? Let the community know the date. Let them give a brief summary of what they would like to achieve.
Hey, Who Knows?!
That might be a good way to get more parents to attend the school board meetings?
Just a thought
Idea Here

United States

#11 Mar 4, 2009
Possible Applicant here is the list of applicants:

James Dupre(Nixon-Smiley), Darren Earhart(Mathis),
Meredith Hamiton(N.Dallas HS),
Michael Gaston(San Antonio Holmes HS),
Roger M. Gonzales,(San Antonio Robert E. Lee),
Paul Michael Kilby(San Marcos HS),
Shane Lothman(Vanderbilt Industrial HS), Cristobal Martinez(Hidalgo HS),
Troy Moses(Lockhart ISD),
Michael Ramirez(Kenedy ISD),
Jay Virtel (Alice ISD),
Jose Salinas (Culberson County Allamore ISD),
Peter Wagner(San Antonio Southwest HS)

Hope this helped
Possible Applicant

San Antonio, TX

#12 Mar 4, 2009
Helped me a lot. Thanks. Maybe I'll see you soon!!!

Corpus Christi, TX

#13 Mar 7, 2009
Oh yes, in a perfect world... Be honest with yourself for just a moment; what do you expect each applicant would tell us? I suspect each would say the same thing, and then each person in the room would base their decision on who should be AD on emotion, not fact. You would have each person in the room choosing a different candidate because each applicant would be chosen by at least one person in the room. It's a simple logic problem really. There is some merit to your suggestion, but I don't believe it begins with all the applicants addressing a forum; perhaps we would be better served to hear from the top two. Additionally, the school always publishes the dates of their meetings, and why must it be an AD selection to get you attend? I thought school was about education, review, good marks, and a chance to advance scholastically for a better future. Here's a thought; aren't your children enough reason to attend at least some of the meetings?
Idea Here

Sinton, TX

#14 Mar 7, 2009
Ok Realist I will agree with the top two or even top three.
I am one that tries to base my decisions on facts and figures not by emotions.
I will be the first to admit I do not go to every board meeting. But I will also say I have been to meetings and I will again in the future.
Mathis Insider

Crisfield, MD

#15 Mar 7, 2009
Looking at the list, I can't comment about all of them, but Earhart is part of the problem there in Mathis. He was in charge of the "learning lab" lol which students were supposed to be making up credits. 90% of the time you'd walk in there students were surfing questionable internet sites and listening to music not suited for school! But he sat there as long as they didn't give him problems they could do what they wanted.
Mathis Mom

United States

#16 Mar 9, 2009
This is for Possible Applicant.

Please do not judge people in Mathis by some of the posts that have been blogged on this site and others. Every small town has its problems but I am telllng you this, The next class of freshmen and the class after that have alot of talented kids that will and are giving Mathis a great reputation in the athletic area. Even in the academic area the statistics are looking better.
i do see the school district getting better in the future and I am proud to say I am a Mathis Pirate!

As far as Earhart, well I met him last year during summer track and at the So. TX. AAU championships in Round Rock this year and I was not impressed.
Now all of a sudden he is showing up at the jr high track meets. I will have to agree, it seems as if he is "into" it more now because he wants to be the Athletic Director
I hope more applicants apply.

Corpus Christi, TX

#17 Mar 10, 2009
Mathis Mom, Bravo! You're completely right! Our school is improving, but no one seems to know the facts. People rely too much on second-hand comments, and hearsay. Thank you for your wise words.
Mathis Mom

United States

#18 Mar 10, 2009
Satirical Thank You!
interested in the job

Weslaco, TX

#19 Mar 10, 2009
Does anyone know the timelime for beginning interviews or who has a shot at being named the hc/ad?
Mathis Mom

Victoria, TX

#20 Mar 10, 2009
to interested in the job
I have no clue but if you are serious about it I wouldn't waste time
I havent seen a time line in the newspaper. Can let ya know when if anything comes out in the paper

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mathis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
b cup 2 hr drugrep 1
go back to your country beaners 2 hr mr poophammer 1
purple nurples 4 sale 2 hr serious 1
chirp chirp 2 hr lebsian 1
the truth is outh 2 hr Mecca 1
puropinche texanssss 2 hr smelly 1
hahahahaha 2 hr womp womp 1

Mathis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance