New City Manager for San Benito Named

New City Manager for San Benito Named

There are 32 comments on the KRGV story from Oct 22, 2008, titled New City Manager for San Benito Named. In it, KRGV reports that:

San Benito has a new city manager. The city commission named Manuel Lara last night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KRGV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Melanie

Corpus Christi, TX

#1 Oct 24, 2008
These people in San Benito have no idea what they just got themselves into by hiring this tyrant...
whatever

Corpus Christi, TX

#2 Nov 3, 2008
what do you know about him?? Do you mean San Patricio?? Is his name Papas? Tellme about him.
Is it Henry??
whatever

Corpus Christi, TX

#3 Nov 10, 2008
tell me more about him.. please prepare us we deserve to know
Life4Mathis

Laredo, TX

#4 Nov 11, 2008
Given the malicous politics that are in Mathis you don't want our opinion. You might get it from the group that constantly call the local news stations to air Mathis dirty laundry. This is also the same group that buys votes and misleads our elderly from making their own decisions on their votes. Getting rid of Manuel Lara was the worst decision that we could have done. Just look at the three new elected city council members who bought their seats. This group, who wanted Mr. Lara out, is the same group that wants to pay our police more money for doing nothing. They don't respond to calls. Several people have complained about it and yet these three ladies and Melanie and her group want to pay them more money. Want to know how they were going to get their money to pay the police? They were going to cut funding to the only public library that our community has. The only library that our students can go and utilize the internet for projects and keeping up with technology. This same group had to pay Mr. Lara for the remaining of his contract because they wanted to break it and it was not for any other reason but they wanted a puppet to play with and he didn't give that to them. We went from beginning to have celebrations in Mathis and now with him gone and these three new city council ladies (blondes) in there we are possibly not going to have nothing. If I was Manuel Lara and I knew that one of our city council ladies called to sway San Benito from hiring him by giving them their poor opinion and stating it at truth, I would sue the City of Mathis. He will win. It sounds like he might even have a case since these same ladies have gone and bragged that they are trying to destroy his career. My parents have always told me, never judge anyone by listening to other peoples opinions because you will miss the best qualities of a person by doing that and they might have been a great person. Manuel Lara is a great business man, Mathis (Melanie's group) just wanted a puppet to play with. I guess their husbands are not puppets enough.
Melanie

Dallas, TX

#5 Nov 12, 2008
You sit here and use my name and call my husband a puppet... Sully I would realy watch what you are typing. I have no care about what this stupid ass city does... i hate this town.. no one really gives a crap about what happens in this own..they are only out for themselves.. I run a successful business that I started on my own with no help, i pay my city, county, and school taxes on time... and what politics my husband is in, is his business. I have no opinion on the polictics that go one in this town. I wanted Lara out because his step son terrorized my son to the point that he wanted to quit school and lara just sat back and covered up the warrents... which allowed his step son to keep his crap going.. so ge the hell off my back... stop putting me in front.. is ciri, ruben and david are that upset about not getting reelected thats their problem..quit being a titbaby...
Life4Mathis wrote:
Given the malicous politics that are in Mathis you don't want our opinion. You might get it from the group that constantly call the local news stations to air Mathis dirty laundry. This is also the same group that buys votes and misleads our elderly from making their own decisions on their votes. Getting rid of Manuel Lara was the worst decision that we could have done. Just look at the three new elected city council members who bought their seats. This group, who wanted Mr. Lara out, is the same group that wants to pay our police more money for doing nothing. They don't respond to calls. Several people have complained about it and yet these three ladies and Melanie and her group want to pay them more money. Want to know how they were going to get their money to pay the police? They were going to cut funding to the only public library that our community has. The only library that our students can go and utilize the internet for projects and keeping up with technology. This same group had to pay Mr. Lara for the remaining of his contract because they wanted to break it and it was not for any other reason but they wanted a puppet to play with and he didn't give that to them. We went from beginning to have celebrations in Mathis and now with him gone and these three new city council ladies (blondes) in there we are possibly not going to have nothing. If I was Manuel Lara and I knew that one of our city council ladies called to sway San Benito from hiring him by giving them their poor opinion and stating it at truth, I would sue the City of Mathis. He will win. It sounds like he might even have a case since these same ladies have gone and bragged that they are trying to destroy his career. My parents have always told me, never judge anyone by listening to other peoples opinions because you will miss the best qualities of a person by doing that and they might have been a great person. Manuel Lara is a great business man, Mathis (Melanie's group) just wanted a puppet to play with. I guess their husbands are not puppets enough.
Melanie

United States

#6 Nov 12, 2008
I cant understand why you can put up a comment but dont have enough balls to use your real name.. I have no shame in my comments... But I guess you do.. TIT BABIES......
Life4Mathis

Laredo, TX

#7 Nov 23, 2008
Not everyone needs the reputation that you have Melanie. Don't claim to not care about the politics your husband deals in when you are one of the ones who goes out and spreads his rumors. Your right; I shouldn't have called your husband a puppet but it sounds like you might be his. You speak the words you do without shame because you have no true character. You think that only your way of thinking is right and that the way you and your husband go about your business is okay and it's not. You don't speak the truth and half the problems we have come from people that support your non-sense thinking. You should leave this town you claim to hate so much and just maybe this town would be better off without you and your husband. Spread the rumor you are leaving so that maybe your apostles will leave with you. You don't want what's better for this community. You just want to be able to control it so that it benefits you. How sad that you ruin a man's career because you couldn't handle a minor properly. Patience is a virtue. Did you ever think about that? You need to do our community a favor and stop pretending that you care for what happens in this town. You stated yourself that your don't care about this town anyway. Leave then!
Melanie

Corpus Christi, TX

#8 Nov 25, 2008
GO AHEAD AND KEEP SPOUTING YOUR NON-SENSE... YOU DONT HURT ME OR UPSET ME.. YOU JUST KEEP ME LAUGHING.. I AM OPEN ABOUT MY COMMENTS BUT YOU STILL HIDE...
MathisMom40

United States

#9 Nov 25, 2008
I have to voice my opinion on your comments Mathis4Life. I have basically agreed with your comments on this site and others but this time I think you have gone too far.
I moved to this town 9 years ago and not one person put their hand out to be my friend. Yes, everyone was friendly and I think that was just because of all the sports my son is in but not one person inivted me to anything. After 9 years I have met someone that has become a very close friend and that is Melanie. I AM NOT ONE OF HER FOLLOWERS or ONE OF HER APOSTLES. I am her friend and honored and blessed to call her a friend. I had no idea that these blog sites can be so vicious.

Since: Nov 08

AOL

#10 Nov 25, 2008
This is in response to MathisMom40. If you think that the comments of Mathis4Life are vicious, Iím interested in what you think about someone who has a vendetta against a person because of the acts of a stepson. Because of this vendetta by Mealnie and her husband the City Of Mathis lost a dedicated city manager who, during his 10 years working for the city brought in $30 million in grants to the city. Through the questionable efforts of Mealnieís husband, three puppets of his were elected to the city council. Once they were in power, they fired the city manager at a cost of approximately $75,000 to buy out his contract. Thatís money that could have been used for much needed street work in the city. Also one of his ladies on the council, Delia Rosales, owes the city $3302.91 taxes dating back to 1997. Ref. San Patricio Appraisal District and Tax Office. I donít know about you, but I donít like someone spending my tax money when they donít pay their taxes. I say bravo to Mathis4Life for stating the facts.
Melanie

Corpus Christi, TX

#11 Nov 25, 2008
concernedcitizenofMathis wrote:
This is in response to MathisMom40. If you think that the comments of Mathis4Life are vicious, Iím interested in what you think about someone who has a vendetta against a person because of the acts of a stepson. Because of this vendetta by Mealnie and her husband the City Of Mathis lost a dedicated city manager who, during his 10 years working for the city brought in $30 million in grants to the city. Through the questionable efforts of Mealnieís husband, three puppets of his were elected to the city council. Once they were in power, they fired the city manager at a cost of approximately $75,000 to buy out his contract. Thatís money that could have been used for much needed street work in the city. Also one of his ladies on the council, Delia Rosales, owes the city $3302.91 taxes dating back to 1997. Ref. San Patricio Appraisal District and Tax Office. I donít know about you, but I donít like someone spending my tax money when they donít pay their taxes. I say bravo to Mathis4Life for stating the facts.
I see there is another one that is SCARED to put their name... you gave me a good laugh for the night...
MathisPolitics

Corpus Christi, TX

#12 Nov 25, 2008
All of you people are attacking someone that is a good person. Do you know her??? Have you spent time with her?? DO you know her personally?? That is pretty low in my book... Her life revolves around her children.. that is what started all of this... She was protecting her son.. Were you in her shoes when all of this was going on?? Were you in her sons shoes when all of this was going on?? You must have been since you "know" her so well..
You all sit here on your high horses, would you not do anything to protect your child?? If not, you have no reason to be a parent...
I was with her when this was going on and the only concern she had was for her son.. her husbands politics are his business.. Did you see her going from house to house getting votes??? Did you see her taking people to vote?? Did you see her standing on the streets holding signs??
She is only guilty by association..
I see her all the time out and about, helping with the Boosters, helping coach Little League, at one time helping with the church... But I have never see her going out and about with politics..
MathisMom40

Corpus Christi, TX

#13 Nov 25, 2008
That is why I dont get involved with this towns politics. Personally, I like Mathis it saved my life belive it or not.
Everyone has their friends and I stand by Melanie.
Whatever happened before my friendship with her and the politicians isnt any of my business.
Melissa

Corpus Christi, TX

#14 Nov 25, 2008
concernedcitizenofMathis wrote:
This is in response to MathisMom40. If you think that the comments of Mathis4Life are vicious, Iím interested in what you think about someone who has a vendetta against a person because of the acts of a stepson. Because of this vendetta by Mealnie and her husband the City Of Mathis lost a dedicated city manager who, during his 10 years working for the city brought in $30 million in grants to the city. Through the questionable efforts of Mealnieís husband, three puppets of his were elected to the city council. Once they were in power, they fired the city manager at a cost of approximately $75,000 to buy out his contract. Thatís money that could have been used for much needed street work in the city. Also one of his ladies on the council, Delia Rosales, owes the city $3302.91 taxes dating back to 1997. Ref. San Patricio Appraisal District and Tax Office. I donít know about you, but I donít like someone spending my tax money when they donít pay their taxes. I say bravo to Mathis4Life for stating the facts.
this is to the (concernedcitizenofMathis) Do u have anything else to do than do bring up people's name stating that they owe taxes or not. why dont you grow up and get a real job instead of typing about his so called 3 puppets. i personally know this 3 ladies and i believe that were elected to change the city of mathis unlike the other 2 that were in office before and for your informationthe past 10 years lara sucked at doing his job and im happy that the girls fired him and also were is this so called $30 million lara brought in?? grow up and leave melanie and her husband alone what have they done to you.And the girls are not disciples nor are they puppets.And if you lost the election it was the people who wanted change not them cheating.
changeisgood

Corpus Christi, TX

#15 Nov 25, 2008
how good was the old city manager when he was getting DUI's and the cops were always at his house due to domestic disturbances?? he could not even go out in public with his (Crazy) wife due her inability to act like a normal human being... or due to his injuries... does anyone remember the time she (crazy wife) attacked the old city manager with her keys and he was unable to go out in public due to cuts by her... what a positive city manager we lost...KARMA BABY KARMA
Melanie

Corpus Christi, TX

#16 Nov 26, 2008
I wonder, how do any of these politics benefit me?? Are my taxes lower than yours?? Do I get special treatment from the police?? Is my water bill lower than yours?? Do my children get away with things they should'nt?? Do I live better than you?? Please be man or woman enough to state the reasons you think these politics BENEFIT me?? Don't lose your nerve now.. you started all of this chatter on here..

Since: Nov 08

Hidalgo, TX

#17 Nov 26, 2008
Melissa wrote:
<quoted text>
this is to the (concernedcitizenofMathis) Do u have anything else to do than do bring up people's name stating that they owe taxes or not. why dont you grow up and get a real job instead of typing about his so called 3 puppets. i personally know this 3 ladies and i believe that were elected to change the city of mathis unlike the other 2 that were in office before and for your informationthe past 10 years lara sucked at doing his job and im happy that the girls fired him and also were is this so called $30 million lara brought in?? grow up and leave melanie and her husband alone what have they done to you.And the girls are not disciples nor are they puppets.And if you lost the election it was the people who wanted change not them cheating.
This is to Melissa- I guess you have a short memory. In the city elections when you were handing out flyers, it stated that one of the council members, with his name, owed taxes, which was proved to be a false statement. As long as an elected official of the city owes back taxes, I have a right to bring it to the attention of the residents, along with the name of the delinquent taxpayer. The $30 million in grants which I talked about was for infrastructure improvements and improvements to the city park. For your information infrastructure refers to: water & sewer plant improvements, water & sewer lines, drainage projects just to name a few. Projects which are hard to see after they are finished.
Also I didnít lose the election, the residents of Mathis lost the election. How do you explain that in the city elections there were about 460 mail in ballots and for the November elections there were about 300 less mail in ballots. Did disabled persons all get well in 6 months or did the attorney generalsí investigation into voting irregularities, in the city elections, have something to do with it???
Ann

Hidalgo, TX

#18 Nov 26, 2008
To "Mathis4Life" are you pissed off because you daddy Lara not there to hold your hand anymore? I'm glad he is gone all the grants he got were basically to build parks which lets face it are hardly used. In addition, a lot of s**t went down with GP Park that almost cost the city lots of money but I'm sure if you know him so well then you know the truth (even though your group cover up with bulls**t lies IT DOESN'T WORK EVERYBODY KNOWS THE TRUTH) and the ladies you call blondes got the s**t he couldn't get done...DONE. You talk about puppets? Who's still playing Lara's bitch and that's because he long gone sucker. Why don't you pack all your s**t and follow Lara I'm sure he misses your ass kissing. Trust me your absence wouldn't matter nor be missed, you might also want to consider changing your post name to LarasBitch4Life. Quit crying like little bitches it really is pathetic.
Melissa

San Antonio, TX

#19 Nov 26, 2008
concernedcitizenofMathis wrote:
<quoted text>This is to Melissa- I guess you have a short memory. In the city elections when you were handing out flyers, it stated that one of the council members, with his name, owed taxes, which was proved to be a false statement. As long as an elected official of the city owes back taxes, I have a right to bring it to the attention of the residents, along with the name of the delinquent taxpayer. The $30 million in grants which I talked about was for infrastructure improvements and improvements to the city park. For your information infrastructure refers to: water & sewer plant improvements, water & sewer lines, drainage projects just to name a few. Projects which are hard to see after they are finished.
Also I didnít lose the election, the residents of Mathis lost the election. How do you explain that in the city elections there were about 460 mail in ballots and for the November elections there were about 300 less mail in ballots. Did disabled persons all get well in 6 months or did the attorney generalsí investigation into voting irregularities, in the city elections, have something to do with it???
listen (concernedcitizenofMathis) if you were on the city council before why did the citizens of mathis not see this money and also it dosen't matter if i was passing out flyers or not what the courthouse gave us was up to date look at it right dumbass.And that $30 million wtf was done to the park? Ever since the girls came into office the park started to get fixed and thing are FINALLY DONE WHY DONT YOU GO AND LOOK FOR YOURSELF.And Also it wasn't the citizens of mathis that lost You lost because you werent doing you job HELLO and what about the attorny general? you and you'r little group called them because ya'll were CRYING THAT YA'LL LOST THE ELECTIONS and its't ashamed that ya'll go to church and act as if your so innocent hello what are you teaching your children.GROW UP YOU LOST
Jesus

Laredo, TX

#20 Nov 26, 2008
How sad is all this bickering back and forth, even sadder that all that are taking the time to post comments are either I'm sure in our cities politics or were,or involved in some way. Most I'm sure even go to there choice of local churches. Why is all the he said, she said,and pointing fingers so important to all of you. What are we teaching our youth? What are we showing the community and surrounding cities? That we are so self absorbed, so petty that we forget the BIG PICTURE, THE CITY OF MATHIS. Why don't we spend the time volunteering at the GP park,that is so important to so many,especially the youth. GP park will be used for many years to come, for gatherings, sports, special events, or simply family and community bonding.
Are you all so perfect and is your past so perfect, that you can judge so freely.
Leave our former leaders alone and leave mothers and families alone. Mistakes and poor choices have been made,by many. I'm sure many would love to change the past but can't. We all live our life daily, let others do the same,let it go. Fix your own problems then try to help your neighbor. At this time of the year, many have no jobs, no money, no food, some have no families, no one to talk to.
All should evaluate your positions, your words and your future in and within the city. Lets go forward not stay idle, and reunite,and help build a bigger and better and safe City of Mathis.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Mathis Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
King street shooting 5 hr Iamelsicario 2
Ian Rivera 14 hr Thought so 2
Anyone ever 3sumd Toni T 16 hr Hottie 1
Crystal Ruiz Wed Chismosa 27
HOT HOT news flash for little mathis Nov 21 Jack 2
Rey Vargas Nov 21 Just say 4
worse granite guy Shawn walker in Tyana (Oct '15) Nov 21 Oops 3

Mathis Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Mathis Mortgages